Page 24 of 35 FirstFirst ... 14222324252634 ... LastLast
Results 231 to 240 of 346

Thread: Orchard Park businessman charged in beheading of wife

  1. #231
    Banned
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    Past the edge of the universe, through the singularity, and out the other side.
    Last Seen
    09-01-10 @ 05:23 PM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    4,324

    Re: Orchard Park businessman charged in beheading of wife

    Quote Originally Posted by Laila View Post
    That doesn't represent God or me as a Muslim.
    It certainly represents Islam if not Muslims.

  2. #232
    Sage
    Laila's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Last Seen
    04-28-17 @ 01:48 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    10,095

    Re: Orchard Park businessman charged in beheading of wife

    Quote Originally Posted by Agent Ferris View Post
    He never converted to Islam, he was born and raised a Muslim, he never renounced his faith, what he did do was claim that he had become a devout Muslim and renounced writing the Satanic Verses to try to get the target off his back. He later felt ashamed of that and admitted it was only a pretense to get the target off his back but he never once renounced being a Muslim. Go on find me the quote in which Rushdie claims not to be a Muslim.
    In a PBS interview with David Frost, Rushdie was asked whether he believed in god and replied "I do not need the idea of God to explain the world I live in."

    "God, Satan, Paradise, and Hell all vanished one day in my fifteenth year, when I quite abruptly lost my faith. ..and afterwards, to prove my new-found atheism, I bought myself a rather tasteless ham sandwich, and so partook for the first time of the forbidden flesh of the swine. No thunderbolt arrived to strike me down."

    He ate pork. Isn't that lovely of him?
    He lost his faith
    He found his atheism.
    He is not a Muslim.


  3. #233
    Sage
    Laila's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Last Seen
    04-28-17 @ 01:48 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    10,095

    Re: Orchard Park businessman charged in beheading of wife

    Quote Originally Posted by Agent Ferris View Post
    It certainly represents Islam if not Muslims.
    You can't have one without the other.
    As Sgt himself said, separating it is very difficult hence why he admitted he hated both Muslims and Islam.


  4. #234
    Sage
    Laila's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Last Seen
    04-28-17 @ 01:48 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    10,095

    Re: Orchard Park businessman charged in beheading of wife

    Salman Rushdie

    To put it as simply as possible: I am not a Muslim.[...] I do not accept the charge of apostacy, because I have never in my adult life affirmed any belief, and what one has not affirmed one can not be said to have apostasized from. The Islam I know states clearly that 'there can be no coercion in matters of religion'. The many Muslims I respect would be horrified by the idea that they belong to their faith purely by virtue of birth, and that a person who freely chose not to be a Muslim could therefore be put to death. [Salman Rushdie, In Good Faith, 1990]

    God, Satan, Paradise, and Hell all vanished one day in my fifteenth year, when I quite abruptly lost my faith. [...]and afterwards, to prove my new-found atheism, I bought myself a rather tasteless ham sandwich, and so partook for the first time of the forbidden flesh of the swine. No thunderbolt arrived to strike me down. [...] From that day to this I have thought of myself as a wholly secular person. [Salman Rushdie, In God We Trust, 1985]

    I do not need the idea of God to explain the world I live in. [Salman Rushdie, on David Frost show]

    I don't think there is a need for an entity like God in my life. [Salman Rushdie, interview with David Frost)]

    If I were asked for a one-sentence soundbite on religion, I would say I was against it. [Salman Rushdie, to Reuters News Service, 4/17/96]

    Score.
    Last edited by Laila; 07-19-10 at 04:33 AM.


  5. #235
    Banned
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    Past the edge of the universe, through the singularity, and out the other side.
    Last Seen
    09-01-10 @ 05:23 PM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    4,324

    Re: Orchard Park businessman charged in beheading of wife

    Quote Originally Posted by Laila View Post
    Charged by who?
    You?
    Damn you are a harsh judge.
    No it was actually Ayatollah Khomeini and backed by the Union of Islamic Students of Europe and the Muslim Parliament in Britain the leader of which who still supports the fatwa laughably is a funding trustee of British Muslims for Secular Democracy. From what I've read the only mainstream Islamic opposition to the Fatwa was not that Rushdie hadn't committed a capital offense but that he needed to be tried in court before a death sentence could be rendered.

  6. #236
    Sage
    Laila's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Last Seen
    04-28-17 @ 01:48 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    10,095

    Re: Orchard Park businessman charged in beheading of wife

    Quote Originally Posted by Agent Ferris View Post
    No it was actually Ayatollah Khomeini and backed by the Union of Islamic Students of Europe and the Muslim Parliament in Britain the leader of which who still supports the fatwa laughably is a funding trustee of British Muslims for Secular Democracy. From what I've read the only mainstream Islamic opposition to the Fatwa was not that Rushdie hadn't committed a capital offense but that he needed to be tried in court before a death sentence could be rendered.
    Well at least he gets a trial then eh?


  7. #237
    Sage
    ric27's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Last Seen
    06-15-17 @ 02:57 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    7,539

    Re: Orchard Park businessman charged in beheading of wife

    Quote Originally Posted by Laila View Post
    Salman Rushdie

    To put it as simply as possible: I am not a Muslim.[...] I do not accept the charge of apostacy, because I have never in my adult life affirmed any belief, and what one has not affirmed one can not be said to have apostasized from. The Islam I know states clearly that 'there can be no coercion in matters of religion'. The many Muslims I respect would be horrified by the idea that they belong to their faith purely by virtue of birth, and that a person who freely chose not to be a Muslim could therefore be put to death. [Salman Rushdie, In Good Faith, 1990]

    God, Satan, Paradise, and Hell all vanished one day in my fifteenth year, when I quite abruptly lost my faith. [...]and afterwards, to prove my new-found atheism, I bought myself a rather tasteless ham sandwich, and so partook for the first time of the forbidden flesh of the swine. No thunderbolt arrived to strike me down. [...] From that day to this I have thought of myself as a wholly secular person. [Salman Rushdie, In God We Trust, 1985]

    I do not need the idea of God to explain the world I live in. [Salman Rushdie, on David Frost show]

    I don't think there is a need for an entity like God in my life. [Salman Rushdie, interview with David Frost)]

    If I were asked for a one-sentence soundbite on religion, I would say I was against it. [Salman Rushdie, to Reuters News Service, 4/17/96]

    Score.
    Are you going to deny that Islam is a religion that is based on the idea that it is divinely revealed and every single word of the Koran is Allah's own word's - in Arabic, which is what Allah speaks (this has lead to the Arab dominance of the Islamic world). It can't be questioned. It can't be reformed. Every Muslim's religious duty is to wage jihad to convert, kill or conquer the kaffirs by what ever means necessary (and that's in the Koran, which can't be questioned). And since Muslims are directed (again, by the Koran) to misdirect kaffirs, jihad is presented as really meaning internal struggle???

  8. #238
    Sage
    Laila's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Last Seen
    04-28-17 @ 01:48 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    10,095

    Re: Orchard Park businessman charged in beheading of wife

    Quote Originally Posted by ric27 View Post
    Are you going to deny that Islam is a religion that is based on the idea that it is divinely revealed and every single word of the Koran is Allah's own word's - in Arabic, which is what Allah speaks (this has lead to the Arab dominance of the Islamic world). It can't be questioned. It can't be reformed. Every Muslim's religious duty is to wage jihad to convert, kill or conquer the kaffirs by what ever means necessary (and that's in the Koran, which can't be questioned). And since Muslims are directed (again, by the Koran) to misdirect kaffirs, jihad is presented as really meaning internal struggle???
    Well since I'm a terrorist. Why are you asking me?
    Surely you shouldn't be asking a terrorist whether they are going to support Jihad.

    Oh and checkmate on Rushdie.


  9. #239
    Sage
    ric27's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Last Seen
    06-15-17 @ 02:57 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    7,539

    Re: Orchard Park businessman charged in beheading of wife

    Quote Originally Posted by Laila View Post
    Well since I'm a terrorist. Why are you asking me?
    Surely you shouldn't be asking a terrorist whether they are going to support Jihad.

    Oh and checkmate on Rushdie.
    Checkmate my ass. Muslim, even the least devout 'lip-service' Muslim, can never convert to another religion. If they do, they are apostate and must (as per the unquestionable Koran) die. Square that one with religious freedom.

  10. #240
    Sage
    Laila's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Last Seen
    04-28-17 @ 01:48 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    10,095

    Re: Orchard Park businessman charged in beheading of wife

    Quote Originally Posted by ric27 View Post
    Checkmate my ass. Muslim, even the least devout 'lip-service' Muslim, can never convert to another religion. If they do, they are apostate and must (as per the unquestionable Koran) die. Square that one with religious freedom.
    Hey.
    He says he is not a Muslim and he says he is not a apostate.
    Who are you to say he is wrong?

    You aren't even Muslim to judge that.


Page 24 of 35 FirstFirst ... 14222324252634 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •