Page 18 of 35 FirstFirst ... 8161718192028 ... LastLast
Results 171 to 180 of 346

Thread: Orchard Park businessman charged in beheading of wife

  1. #171
    Liberal Fascist For Life!


    Redress's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    Georgia
    Last Seen
    Today @ 01:58 AM
    Lean
    Very Liberal
    Posts
    93,299
    Blog Entries
    2

    Re: Orchard Park businessman charged in beheading of wife

    Quote Originally Posted by Laila View Post
    So why am I not a terrorist or a extremist?

    I read the same text every single day and pray 5 times a day. Why am I not radical?
    I think it is because you are too sweet to be a terrorist or extremist. Oh wait, that kinda ruins the whole stereotype...
    We became a great nation not because we are a nation of cynics. We became a great nation because we are a nation of believers - Lindsey Graham

    Quote Originally Posted by Fiddytree View Post
    Uh oh Megyn...your vagina witchcraft is about ready to be exposed.

  2. #172
    Sage
    Laila's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Last Seen
    04-28-17 @ 01:48 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    10,095

    Re: Orchard Park businessman charged in beheading of wife

    Quote Originally Posted by Redress View Post
    I think it is because you are too sweet to be a terrorist or extremist. Oh wait, that kinda ruins the whole stereotype...
    We mustn't have that lol
    Last edited by Laila; 07-19-10 at 03:02 AM.


  3. #173
    Sage
    ric27's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Last Seen
    06-15-17 @ 02:57 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    7,539

    Re: Orchard Park businessman charged in beheading of wife

    Quote Originally Posted by Laila View Post
    I wouldn't consider what happened under Prophet Mohammed "radical"

    And you haven't answered any of my questions.
    Am I a terrorist because I am Muslim?
    I think you're passive....

    The vast majority of religous (practicing) Muslims support active jihad either passively or actively (money).

  4. #174
    Sage
    Laila's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Last Seen
    04-28-17 @ 01:48 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    10,095

    Re: Orchard Park businessman charged in beheading of wife

    So yes then?
    Nice to know I am a terrorist.
    Last edited by Laila; 07-19-10 at 02:59 AM.


  5. #175
    Banned
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    Past the edge of the universe, through the singularity, and out the other side.
    Last Seen
    09-01-10 @ 05:23 PM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    4,324

    Re: Orchard Park businessman charged in beheading of wife

    Quote Originally Posted by Laila View Post
    Incorrect.

    There is no centralized figure.
    That means there is no one interpretation of the Qu'ran.
    It is a matter of interpretation. Mine is no less worthy than a Imam's.
    Oh please the minority opinion and your opinion do not form Fiqh. You want to pretend that because there is no Muslim pope that there is no Islamic religious hierarchy which determines Islamic dogma. The Ulama determines Fiqh. And under all five schools of Islamic Fiqh the Ulama have come to the consensus opinion Ijma that apostasy, homosexualiity, and adultery are capital offenses and that the punishment for premarital sex is 100 lashes. To go against the Ijma is to run the risk of being labeled a heretic or Takfir and being tried for apostasy. There is an established mainstream Islamic doctrine which is established by a consensus opinion of an Islamic hierarchy.

  6. #176
    Global Moderator
    Truth will set you free
    digsbe's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Location
    Metro Washington DC
    Last Seen
    Today @ 06:50 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    18,982

    Re: Orchard Park businessman charged in beheading of wife

    I honestly can't believe people are having this conversation... No one has answered my question either. Have you ever met a Muslim that believed you should die/threatened to kill you? Have you even personally met one that tried to convert you to the Islamic faith? What certain Islamic nations do does not stereotype all Muslims. From my experience they have been some of the most delightful and respectful people I have had in my life. None of them have minded me being a Christian. They even attend my Christian affiliated university and go to required Christian chapel services. They don't burn Bibles or threaten to kill us. Some of them chose to wear a hijab but they don't impose their views on all women either (my lab partner wore a hijab). The views and actions of a few extremist Muslims does not reflect on the whole. Are all Catholics child molesters because priests have molested kids? Are all protestants secretly gay because a few leaders have turned out to be homosexuals? Does this mean Christians as a whole are all homosexual pedophiles? It's foolish to stereotype and discriminate against an entire religious group based on the actions of a few.
    When the debate is lost, slander becomes the tool of the loser. -Socrates
    Tired of elections being between the lesser of two evils.

  7. #177
    Banned
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    Past the edge of the universe, through the singularity, and out the other side.
    Last Seen
    09-01-10 @ 05:23 PM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    4,324

    Re: Orchard Park businessman charged in beheading of wife

    Quote Originally Posted by Laila View Post
    A Muslim pope?
    I said "pretend that because there is no Muslim pope".

    This wins even amongst the stupid posts I have read all night

    Oh and there is no Islamic leadership.
    Bull-****ing-**** lady, there is the Ulama who form Ijma concerning Islamic Fiqh. Don't bull**** a bull****ter.

  8. #178
    Sage
    Laila's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Last Seen
    04-28-17 @ 01:48 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    10,095

    Re: Orchard Park businessman charged in beheading of wife

    Quote Originally Posted by Agent Ferris View Post
    Bull-****ing-**** lady, there is the Ulama who form Ijma concerning Islamic Fiqh. Don't bull**** a bull****ter.
    There is no hierarchy or authority that speak on behalf of Muslims.

    Until Jesus returns, your stuck on looking for it.


  9. #179
    Sage
    Laila's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Last Seen
    04-28-17 @ 01:48 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    10,095

    Re: Orchard Park businessman charged in beheading of wife

    Quote Originally Posted by Agent Ferris View Post
    To go against the Ijma is to run the risk of being labeled a heretic or Takfir and being tried for apostasy.
    Rightttt
    Heretic ...

    There is no speaker for Muslims.
    Accept that fact and move on.


  10. #180
    Banned
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    Past the edge of the universe, through the singularity, and out the other side.
    Last Seen
    09-01-10 @ 05:23 PM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    4,324

    Re: Orchard Park businessman charged in beheading of wife

    Quote Originally Posted by digsbe View Post
    I honestly can't believe people are having this conversation... No one has answered my question either. Have you ever met a Muslim that believed you should die/threatened to kill you? Have you even personally met one that tried to convert you to the Islamic faith? What certain Islamic nations do does not stereotype all Muslims. From my experience they have been some of the most delightful and respectful people I have had in my life. None of them have minded me being a Christian. They even attend my Christian affiliated university and go to required Christian chapel services. They don't burn Bibles or threaten to kill us. Some of them chose to wear a hijab but they don't impose their views on all women either (my lab partner wore a hijab). The views and actions of a few extremist Muslims does not reflect on the whole. Are all Catholics child molesters because priests have molested kids? Are all protestants secretly gay because a few leaders have turned out to be homosexuals? Does this mean Christians as a whole are all homosexual pedophiles? It's foolish to stereotype and discriminate against an entire religious group based on the actions of a few.
    Bull**** analogy, the Catholic Church has determined that supporting abortion is a sin punishable by excommunication so in order to be a good practicing Catholic you have to be pro-life. Likewise, all five schools of Islamic jurisprduence have come to a consensus opinion that apostasy, adultery, and homosexuality are capital offenses, they have established this as Ijma and to go against Ijma is heresy and you could run the risk of being tried for apostasy so in order to be a good Shia or Suni Muslim you would have to believe such things. You can be a liberal Muslim but you can not be a liberal Muslim and still belong to any of the main Islamic sects. Sufi's are cool in my book. Suni and Shia not so much. You see it's not about them being Muslim it's about the tenets of mainstream Islam which are inherently oppressive and antithetical to liberal values and modernism.
    Last edited by Agent Ferris; 07-19-10 at 03:19 AM.

Page 18 of 35 FirstFirst ... 8161718192028 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •