Page 17 of 35 FirstFirst ... 7151617181927 ... LastLast
Results 161 to 170 of 346

Thread: Orchard Park businessman charged in beheading of wife

  1. #161
    Sage
    Harry Guerrilla's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    Not affiliated with other libertarians.
    Last Seen
    09-01-17 @ 02:38 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    28,955

    Re: Orchard Park businessman charged in beheading of wife

    Quote Originally Posted by Laila View Post
    I'm nice to everyone, its a disorder I tell you.
    I can't help it even if the person is a asshole.
    I know, that's why I don't get why everyone is jumping your case.
    Some of these folks need less internet and more interactions with different people.
    I was discovering that life just simply isn't fair and bask in the unsung glory of knowing that each obstacle overcome along the way only adds to the satisfaction in the end. Nothing great, after all, was ever accomplished by anyone sulking in his or her misery.
    —Adam Shepard

  2. #162
    Sage
    Laila's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Last Seen
    04-28-17 @ 01:48 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    10,095

    Re: Orchard Park businessman charged in beheading of wife

    Quote Originally Posted by ric27 View Post
    What constitutes "radical" Islam? Is it the desire to declare jihad on unbelievers? To eliminate Israel? To destroy the US? To spread Islam around the world?
    No one has the authority to declare jihad on behalf of all Muslims.
    Eliminating Israel is not a integral part of Islam so that has nothing to do with "radical Islam" as the issue of Israel concerns about 15% of the Muslim population.


  3. #163
    Banned
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    Past the edge of the universe, through the singularity, and out the other side.
    Last Seen
    09-01-10 @ 05:23 PM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    4,324

    Re: Orchard Park businessman charged in beheading of wife

    Quote Originally Posted by Lord Tammerlain View Post
    Not centralized

    The top shia cleric in Lebanon does not hold power over the top Shia cleric in Iraq, the top Shia cleric in Iran does not hold power of the top Shia cleric in Iran

    One may be the most respected of all the grand Ayatollahs by the majority of Shia's but his word is not the law when it comes to Shia Islam. Even within countries individual Ayatollahs will have dissagrements with the decisions of the grand Ayatollah, and can decide to use his interpretation of Islam over that of the Grand Ayatollah
    There is what is known as Ijma which is the consensus view held by the Ulama (Islamic Scholars) this Ijma forms what is known as Fiqh (Islamic Jurisprudence) to go against Ijma is heresy and one would run the risk of being labeled a Takfir and tried for apostasy. In all five schools of Islamic Jurisprudence (Fiqh) the consensus view (Ijma) held by the Islamic Leadership (Uluma) is that apostasy, homosexuality, and adultery are to be punished by death by stoning and premarital sex is to be punished by 100 lashes.

    You people want to act like because there is no Muslim Pope that there is no Islamic leadership or established religous dogma.

  4. #164
    Sage
    Laila's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Last Seen
    04-28-17 @ 01:48 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    10,095

    Re: Orchard Park businessman charged in beheading of wife

    Quote Originally Posted by Harry Guerrilla View Post
    I know, that's why I don't get why everyone is jumping your case.
    Some of these folks need less internet and more interactions with different people.
    They probably have never met a Muslim.
    I find it amusing I show more tolerance than most of them combined.
    Huh, must be my religious upbringing showing


  5. #165
    Sage
    Laila's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Last Seen
    04-28-17 @ 01:48 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    10,095

    Re: Orchard Park businessman charged in beheading of wife

    Quote Originally Posted by Agent Ferris View Post
    You people want to act like because there is no Muslim Pope that there is no Islamic leadership or established religous dogma.
    A Muslim pope?

    This wins even amongst the stupid posts I have read all night

    Oh and there is no Islamic leadership.
    Last edited by Laila; 07-19-10 at 02:24 AM.


  6. #166
    Sage
    ric27's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Last Seen
    06-15-17 @ 02:57 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    7,539

    Re: Orchard Park businessman charged in beheading of wife

    Quote Originally Posted by Laila View Post
    No one has the authority to declare jihad on behalf of all Muslims.
    Eliminating Israel is not a integral part of Islam so that has nothing to do with "radical Islam" as the issue of Israel concerns about 15% of the Muslim population.
    The fact of the matter is, radical Isalm is a part of Islam that has always existed because the Koran and Hadith contain so much to support it. Don't deny it!

  7. #167
    Sage
    Laila's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Last Seen
    04-28-17 @ 01:48 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    10,095

    Re: Orchard Park businessman charged in beheading of wife

    Quote Originally Posted by ric27 View Post
    The fact of the matter is, radical Isalm is a part of Islam that has always existed because the Koran and Hadith contain so much to support it. Don't deny it!
    So why am I not a terrorist or a extremist?

    I read the same text every single day and pray 5 times a day. Why am I not radical?


  8. #168
    Sage
    ric27's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Last Seen
    06-15-17 @ 02:57 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    7,539

    Re: Orchard Park businessman charged in beheading of wife

    Quote Originally Posted by Laila View Post
    So why am I not a terrorist?
    Islam declared jihad and fought to spread Islam from 632 AD until 1699 AD. Over a thousand years. Was that "radical" Islam. The destruction of Israel is pretty recent. Obviously, until recently, there was no Israel. But prior to the establishment of the British Raj, most of the Indian sub-continent was ruled by the Mughal Emperor, a Muslim. India had been part of dar el Islam and Muslims joined in the Sepoy rebellion of 1857 with the stated intention of restoring India to dar el Islam.

    So there is historical precedent to re-conquering land that was once Muslim.

  9. #169
    Sage
    Laila's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Last Seen
    04-28-17 @ 01:48 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    10,095

    Re: Orchard Park businessman charged in beheading of wife

    Quote Originally Posted by ric27 View Post
    Islam declared jihad and fought to spread Islam from 632 AD until 1699 AD. Over a thousand years. Was that "radical" Islam. The destruction of Israel is pretty recent. Obviously, until recently, there was no Israel. But prior to the establishment of the British Raj, most of the Indian sub-continent was ruled by the Mughal Emperor, a Muslim. India had been part of dar el Islam and Muslims joined in the Sepoy rebellion of 1857 with the stated intention of restoring India to dar el Islam.

    So there is historical precedent to re-conquering land that was once Muslim.
    I wouldn't consider what happened under Prophet Mohammed "radical"

    And you haven't answered any of my questions.
    Am I a terrorist because I am Muslim?


  10. #170
    Sage
    Lord Tammerlain's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Last Seen
    Today @ 01:44 PM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    10,432

    Re: Orchard Park businessman charged in beheading of wife

    Quote Originally Posted by Agent Ferris View Post
    There is what is known as Ijma which is the consensus view held by the Ulama (Islamic Scholars) this Ijma forms what is known as Fiqh (Islamic Jurisprudence) to go against Ijma is heresy and one would run the risk of being labeled a Takfir and tried for apostasy. In all five schools of Islamic Jurisprudence (Fiqh) the consensus view (Ijma) held by the Islamic Leadership (Uluma) is that apostasy, homosexuality, and adultery are to be punished by death by stoning and premarital sex is to be punished by 100 lashes.

    You people want to act like because there is no Muslim Pope that there is no Islamic leadership or established religous dogma.
    The hadith of Muhammad which states that "My community will never agree upon an error"[citation needed] is often cited as support for the validity of ijmā'. Sunni Muslims regard ijmā' as the third fundamental source of Sharia law, after the divine revelation of the Qur'an, the prophetic practice or Sunnah. The analogical reasoning or qiyas is described as fourth source in Sunni Islam, whereas Shi'a Islam uses 'aql (intellect). [B]Many conservative Muslim writers have claimed that the use of ijmā' makes Islamic law compatible with democracy.[/B] Usuli Shia accepts ijmā' under restricted conditions as a source of Islamic law. Technically, it is “the unanimous doctrine and opinion of the recognized religious authorities at any given time”.

    Various proponents of liberal movements within Islam criticize the traditional view that ijmā' is only a consensus among traditional Islamic scholars (ulema). They claim that truly democratic consensus should involve the entire community rather than a small and conservative clerical class, especially since there is no hierarchical system in Islam
    Ijma - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia


    Sort of puts the idea that the Ijma is the end all of Islamic beliefs does it not as none seem to agree as to how much to accept or not
    Happy Hanukkah Cheerfull Kwanzaa
    Happy Christmas Merry New Year Festivus for the rest of us

Page 17 of 35 FirstFirst ... 7151617181927 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •