Results 1 to 10 of 10

Thread: Afghan diplomat Mohammed Fagirad charged in all-day wife beating

  1. #1
    Ayatollah of Rock n Rolla
    SgtRock's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    Deep in the Heart of Texas
    Last Seen
    11-27-17 @ 08:27 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    7,006

    Afghan diplomat Mohammed Fagirad charged in all-day wife beating

    Source: NY Daily News
    Date: 2-14-2009 Valentines Day (Isn't that special)

    An Afghan diplomat was charged Friday with beating his wife "like a dog" for more than 15 hours in their Queens home, prosecutors said.

    Mohammed Fagirad, 30, a vice consul at the Afghanistan Consulate, brutalized his wife inside their Flushing home from about 8:30 a.m. Wednesday until nearly midnight, Queens District Attorney Richard Brown said.

    During the attack, Fagirad bit, slapped, choked and beat the 22-year-old woman with a belt, pushed her down a flight of stairs and sat on her chest, prosecutors said.
    Afghan diplomat Mohammed Fagirad charged in all-day wife beating

    What kind of an animal beats a woman for 15 hours. Thats a bit extreme even though Quran 4:34 says its ok to beat your woman. And why not god has made men superior women. Women are to be obedient.....Backwards ass POS!
    When America is strong the world is calm, When America is weak tyrants and terrorist slaughter the meek. ~ SgtRock

  2. #2
    Sage
    Laila's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Last Seen
    04-28-17 @ 01:48 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    10,095

    Re: Afghan diplomat Mohammed Fagirad charged in all-day wife beating

    15hours? Are you sure? Wouldn't someone die from that?

  3. #3
    Advisor
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    Nashville/Little Mexico Tennessee
    Last Seen
    06-02-09 @ 12:20 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    523

    Re: Afghan diplomat Mohammed Fagirad charged in all-day wife beating

    Quote Originally Posted by Laila View Post
    15hours? Are you sure? Wouldn't someone die from that?


    ... ISLAMIC love ?

  4. #4
    Ayatollah of Rock n Rolla
    SgtRock's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    Deep in the Heart of Texas
    Last Seen
    11-27-17 @ 08:27 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    7,006

    Re: Afghan diplomat Mohammed Fagirad charged in all-day wife beating

    Quote Originally Posted by Laila View Post
    15hours? Are you sure? Wouldn't someone die from that?
    I know 15 hours seems like a long time. I wonder how they determined that. Is that what she told police. Well thankfully her husband the caveman will be prosecuted here in the States where a womans word is not half that of a mans.
    When America is strong the world is calm, When America is weak tyrants and terrorist slaughter the meek. ~ SgtRock

  5. #5
    Sage
    Khayembii Communique's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    Milwaukee, WI
    Last Seen
    Today @ 07:18 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    7,897

    Re: Afghan diplomat Mohammed Fagirad charged in all-day wife beating

    Those dang Mah-slims!

  6. #6
    Ayatollah of Rock n Rolla
    SgtRock's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    Deep in the Heart of Texas
    Last Seen
    11-27-17 @ 08:27 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    7,006

    Re: Afghan diplomat Mohammed Fagirad charged in all-day wife beating

    Quote Originally Posted by Khayembii Communique View Post
    Those dang Mah-slims!
    Yes its a shame that this type of behavior is so prevalent in muslim culture. It happens in all cultures of course. The difference being that it is accepted in muslim cultures. In fact men who beat there women or even kill there women over honor are often not prosecuted in many muslim countries. Its quite backwards and people need to shine a light on this and show the world how backward they are. But people like you will make light of this as if it is not a problem that needs to be confronted. Women are not animals and should be respected and protected not oppressed, beaten, and killed because of your silly backwards honor.
    When America is strong the world is calm, When America is weak tyrants and terrorist slaughter the meek. ~ SgtRock

  7. #7
    Libertarian socialist

    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    Staffs, England
    Last Seen
    12-13-17 @ 07:20 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Liberal
    Posts
    6,730

    Re: Afghan diplomat Mohammed Fagirad charged in all-day wife beating

    Quote Originally Posted by SgtRock View Post
    Yes its a shame that this type of behavior is so prevalent in muslim culture. It happens in all cultures of course. The difference being that it is accepted in muslim cultures. In fact men who beat there women or even kill there women over honor are often not prosecuted in many muslim countries. Its quite backwards and people need to shine a light on this and show the world how backward they are. But people like you will make light of this as if it is not a problem that needs to be confronted. Women are not animals and should be respected and protected not oppressed, beaten, and killed because of your silly backwards honor.
    Ild agree that its a major problem in some quarters but you also need to bear in mind that Pakistan, Indonesia and Bangladesh [all muslim countries] have all elected female leaders.Both the candidates in Bangladesh's last election were women. This would surgest that Islam and a progressive attitude towards women arent necessarily mutually exclusive.

  8. #8
    Ayatollah of Rock n Rolla
    SgtRock's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    Deep in the Heart of Texas
    Last Seen
    11-27-17 @ 08:27 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    7,006

    Re: Afghan diplomat Mohammed Fagirad charged in all-day wife beating

    Quote Originally Posted by Red_Dave View Post
    Ild agree that its a major problem in some quarters but you also need to bear in mind that Pakistan, Indonesia and Bangladesh [all muslim countries] have all elected female leaders.Both the candidates in Bangladesh's last election were women. This would surgest that Islam and a progressive attitude towards women arent necessarily mutually exclusive.
    Its good to see women being elected in the countries you mentioned. However there needs to be a change from within in regards to attitudes towards women. Benazir Bhutto is a perfect example of what happens to women of power when the backwards caveman feels his outdated way of life is threatened.
    Last edited by SgtRock; 02-15-09 at 02:24 PM.
    When America is strong the world is calm, When America is weak tyrants and terrorist slaughter the meek. ~ SgtRock

  9. #9
    Sage
    Laila's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Last Seen
    04-28-17 @ 01:48 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    10,095

    Re: Afghan diplomat Mohammed Fagirad charged in all-day wife beating

    Quote Originally Posted by Rodney View Post
    ... ISLAMIC love ?
    Huh?

  10. #10
    Sage
    Laila's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Last Seen
    04-28-17 @ 01:48 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    10,095

    Re: Afghan diplomat Mohammed Fagirad charged in all-day wife beating

    Quote Originally Posted by SgtRock View Post
    I know 15 hours seems like a long time. I wonder how they determined that. Is that what she told police. Well thankfully her husband the caveman will be prosecuted here in the States where a womans word is not half that of a mans.
    It seems extremley long, i really would expect death if someone was beaten non stop. Maybe it was shorter?
    Agreed, i wonder how many years behind bars it will be

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •