Page 11 of 16 FirstFirst ... 910111213 ... LastLast
Results 101 to 110 of 153

Thread: House OKs $787B stimulus bill with GOP opposition

  1. #101
    Bus Driver to Hell
    Thorgasm's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Last Seen
    12-06-17 @ 11:17 AM
    Lean
    Very Conservative
    Posts
    68,191

    Re: House OKs $787B stimulus bill with GOP opposition

    Quote Originally Posted by Reverend_Hellh0und View Post
    you have yet to establish that 30 million of our money will be spent in our economy.
    I'm sorry you refuse to understand.
    Quote Originally Posted by faithful_servant View Post
    Being a psychiatric patient does not mean that you are mentally ill.



  2. #102
    Banned Goobieman's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Last Seen
    03-22-15 @ 02:36 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Conservative
    Posts
    17,343

    Re: House OKs $787B stimulus bill with GOP opposition

    Quote Originally Posted by independent_thinker2002 View Post
    You claimed this would be taxing people to create jobs. That is false.
    If the money paid to the people digging and filling ditches doesnt come from taxes where then does it come from?

    People who work buys goods. This creates demand for goods. More demand for goods means that businesses make a profit and then can expand.
    Yes.
    But, to create that demand, you look to create meaningless busywork at the taxpayer expense.
    I look to create that demand by creating -true- opporunity thru letting epople keep their money.

    -That's- the difference between the two, like it or not.
    Last edited by Goobieman; 02-16-09 at 03:50 PM.

  3. #103
    Sage
    Harry Guerrilla's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    Not affiliated with other libertarians.
    Last Seen
    09-01-17 @ 02:38 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    28,955

    Re: House OKs $787B stimulus bill with GOP opposition

    Quote Originally Posted by independent_thinker2002 View Post
    I don't mind the dogpile. You don't have to bow out.
    I didn't think it was fair to you thats all.


    Quote Originally Posted by independent_thinker2002 View Post
    It is certainly debateable as to what the ramifications of letting the bubble pop would be. A slow deflation of the bubble will be less traumatic. Many states couldn't handle the increased demand on their resources. I can agree a correction is in order. How we go about that is where the difference lies.
    I personally believe in the tough love scenario. The states didn't save enough for hard times but spent like thieves during the good times.

    It should teach them a lesson as well as teach consumers to save unforeseen events.
    I was discovering that life just simply isn't fair and bask in the unsung glory of knowing that each obstacle overcome along the way only adds to the satisfaction in the end. Nothing great, after all, was ever accomplished by anyone sulking in his or her misery.
    —Adam Shepard

  4. #104
    ANTI**ANTIFA
    ReverendHellh0und's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Location
    Temple of Solomon
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 07:50 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    75,396

    Re: House OKs $787B stimulus bill with GOP opposition

    Quote Originally Posted by independent_thinker2002 View Post
    I'm sorry you refuse to understand.




    Yeah, I have a hard time understanding illogic and ignorant speculation based on party politics.
    Let evil swiftly befall those who have wrongly condemned us

  5. #105
    Bus Driver to Hell
    Thorgasm's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Last Seen
    12-06-17 @ 11:17 AM
    Lean
    Very Conservative
    Posts
    68,191

    Re: House OKs $787B stimulus bill with GOP opposition

    Quote Originally Posted by Goobieman View Post
    If the money paid to the people digging and filling ditches doesnt come from taxes where then does it come from?
    It comes from printing more money. This, in theory, is supposed to be covered by repayment from govt. loans and future tax revenues.


    Quote Originally Posted by Goobieman View Post
    Yes.
    But, to create that demand, you look to create meaningless busywork at the taxpayer expense.
    I look to create that demand by creating true opporunity by letting epople keep their money.

    That's the difference between the two, like it or not.
    You may think some jobs are meaningless. You have yet to support that claim but cling to the hyperbole of it.

    Unemployed people don't have money to keep. You want to create a condition to increase supply first. GM isn't going to hire any new people until they sell the cars they already have. Corporate tax cuts won't create demand. In case you haven't noticed, they were in effect and we still got to where we are today.

    This "busywork" will probably also purchase vehicles, tools, and other consumer goods.
    Quote Originally Posted by faithful_servant View Post
    Being a psychiatric patient does not mean that you are mentally ill.



  6. #106
    Bus Driver to Hell
    Thorgasm's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Last Seen
    12-06-17 @ 11:17 AM
    Lean
    Very Conservative
    Posts
    68,191

    Re: House OKs $787B stimulus bill with GOP opposition

    Quote Originally Posted by Reverend_Hellh0und View Post
    Yeah, I have a hard time understanding illogic and ignorant speculation based on party politics.
    All I have heard from you is that 40k jobs don't count.
    Quote Originally Posted by faithful_servant View Post
    Being a psychiatric patient does not mean that you are mentally ill.



  7. #107
    Bus Driver to Hell
    Thorgasm's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Last Seen
    12-06-17 @ 11:17 AM
    Lean
    Very Conservative
    Posts
    68,191

    Re: House OKs $787B stimulus bill with GOP opposition

    Quote Originally Posted by Harry Guerrilla View Post
    I didn't think it was fair to you thats all.
    Thanks for your consideration. I expected the dogpile when I posted. It's entirely fair.


    Quote Originally Posted by Harry Guerrilla View Post
    I personally believe in the tough love scenario. The states didn't save enough for hard times but spent like thieves during the good times.

    It should teach them a lesson as well as teach consumers to save unforeseen events.
    I just worry about the cost on society as a whole in learning this lesson. You are right about the lessons that need to be learned. But we are all interconnected and these lessons won't be learned in a vacuum.
    Quote Originally Posted by faithful_servant View Post
    Being a psychiatric patient does not mean that you are mentally ill.



  8. #108
    Banned Goobieman's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Last Seen
    03-22-15 @ 02:36 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Conservative
    Posts
    17,343

    Re: House OKs $787B stimulus bill with GOP opposition

    Quote Originally Posted by independent_thinker2002 View Post
    It comes from printing more money. This, in theory, is supposed to be covered by repayment from govt. loans and future tax revenues.
    Ah -- that's SO much better.

    You may think some jobs are meaningless.
    There's no thought needed here. Busiwork is meaningless. Its

    Unemployed people don't have money to keep.
    This is a deliberate misrepresntation of my position on your part.

    You want to create a condition to increase supply first.
    Again, a deliberate misrepresntation of my psotion.

    At this point, its pretty clear you arent REALLY interested in the 'difference'.

  9. #109
    Sexual Deviant
    GottaHurt's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2005
    Location
    Florida
    Last Seen
    05-07-09 @ 04:58 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Slightly Conservative
    Posts
    2,899

    Re: House OKs $787B stimulus bill with GOP opposition

    Quote Originally Posted by Slippery Slope View Post
    However, he never said that this could be used by the Repubs as a tactic to stall things. 'Oh, someone changed a punctuation mark so we need to repost it and reread it', for another 5 days... rinse, repeat.

    The Bill has been gone over with a fine tooth comb and the only thing that needs reading are the changes. The changes are not all 1100 pages... sounds like the repubs are the liars. But who's surprised...
    You're an even bigger liar. This bill has not been gone over with a fine tooth comb. The bill was given to lobbyist before it was given to the majority of our elected officials who received it 12 hours prior to the vote.

    Obama distictively said he would post bills in their entirety 5 days prior, there was no asterick next to his words.
    Pain can be such a beautiful thing

  10. #110
    Sage

    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Last Seen
    09-24-17 @ 04:38 AM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    29,261

    Re: House OKs $787B stimulus bill with GOP opposition

    Quote Originally Posted by GottaHurt View Post
    You're an even bigger liar. This bill has not been gone over with a fine tooth comb. The bill was given to lobbyist before it was given to the majority of our elected officials who received it 12 hours prior to the vote.

    Obama distictively said he would post bills in their entirety 5 days prior, there was no asterick next to his words.
    Link please.

Page 11 of 16 FirstFirst ... 910111213 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •