Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Results 11 to 18 of 18

Thread: Hamas 'set for truce with Israel'

  1. #11
    Sage
    Laila's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Last Seen
    04-28-17 @ 01:48 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    10,095

    Re: Hamas 'set for truce with Israel'

    Quote Originally Posted by Cardinal View Post
    That's my understanding as well. But I gotta say, Laila, given Hamas's charter and past behavior, it's really hard to feel optimism about this.
    Well the fact Hamas is the one offering a truce that is not forced on them i think is a good sign.

  2. #12
    Dorset Patriot
    Wessexman's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Location
    Sydney, Australia(but my heart is back in Dorset.)
    Last Seen
    10-17-17 @ 04:17 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Conservative
    Posts
    8,468

    Re: Hamas 'set for truce with Israel'

    Quote Originally Posted by jujuman13 View Post
    Link
    BBC NEWS | Middle East | Hamas 'set for truce with Israel'

    Much as i would like this one to last, given Hamas previous agreements to a truce, this latest one is likely to fail when the first rocket after the paperwork has been signed is fired towards Israel.
    Hamas cannot be trusted under any circumstance.
    Although they came to power through the ballot box, they intend holding on to power through the gun.
    I thought you were British? What is with the silly attiude? I take it you are one of these people who now despises the ancient middle eastern culture of Islam.

    I'd like to see Israel stop occupying Palestinians land, if they did then maybe I'd have more sympathy
    Last edited by Wessexman; 02-14-09 at 08:34 AM.
    "It is written in the eternal constitution that men of intemperate minds cannot be free. Their passions forge their fetters." - Edmund Burke

  3. #13
    Defender of the Faith
    ludahai's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2005
    Location
    Taichung, Taiwan - 2017 East Asian Games Candidate City
    Last Seen
    07-03-13 @ 02:22 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Conservative
    Posts
    10,320

    Re: Hamas 'set for truce with Israel'

    Quote Originally Posted by jujuman13 View Post
    Link
    BBC NEWS | Middle East | Hamas 'set for truce with Israel'

    Much as i would like this one to last, given Hamas previous agreements to a truce, this latest one is likely to fail when the first rocket after the paperwork has been signed is fired towards Israel.
    Hamas cannot be trusted under any circumstance.
    Although they came to power through the ballot box, they intend holding on to power through the gun.
    They won LEGISLATIVE power at the ballot box. They took ADMINISTRATIVE power through the gun. Let's not forget that.
    Semper Paratus
    Boston = City of Champions: Bruins 2011; Celtics 2008; Red Sox 2004, 2007; Patriots 2002, 2004, 2005
    Jon Huntsman for President

  4. #14
    Defender of the Faith
    ludahai's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2005
    Location
    Taichung, Taiwan - 2017 East Asian Games Candidate City
    Last Seen
    07-03-13 @ 02:22 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Conservative
    Posts
    10,320

    Re: Hamas 'set for truce with Israel'

    Quote Originally Posted by Wessexman View Post
    I thought you were British? What is with the silly attiude? I take it you are one of these people who now despises the ancient middle eastern culture of Islam.

    I'd like to see Israel stop occupying Palestinians land, if they did then maybe I'd have more sympathy
    Perhaps if the faux Palestinians would start acting like human beings, the Israelis would no longer have just cause for the "occupation" of faux Palestinian land. Remember, Hamas is based in Gaza and Israel no longer occupies land in Gaza.
    Semper Paratus
    Boston = City of Champions: Bruins 2011; Celtics 2008; Red Sox 2004, 2007; Patriots 2002, 2004, 2005
    Jon Huntsman for President

  5. #15
    Dorset Patriot
    Wessexman's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Location
    Sydney, Australia(but my heart is back in Dorset.)
    Last Seen
    10-17-17 @ 04:17 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Conservative
    Posts
    8,468

    Re: Hamas 'set for truce with Israel'

    Quote Originally Posted by ludahai View Post
    Perhaps if the faux Palestinians would start acting like human beings, the Israelis would no longer have just cause for the "occupation" of faux Palestinian land. Remember, Hamas is based in Gaza and Israel no longer occupies land in Gaza.
    I don't support Hamas' tactics and nor do I support the allied bombing of civilians and the atomic bombs in the war, but Hamas's rockets are no different to that.
    "It is written in the eternal constitution that men of intemperate minds cannot be free. Their passions forge their fetters." - Edmund Burke

  6. #16
    Defender of the Faith
    ludahai's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2005
    Location
    Taichung, Taiwan - 2017 East Asian Games Candidate City
    Last Seen
    07-03-13 @ 02:22 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Conservative
    Posts
    10,320

    Re: Hamas 'set for truce with Israel'

    Quote Originally Posted by Wessexman View Post
    I don't support Hamas' tactics and nor do I support the allied bombing of civilians and the atomic bombs in the war, but Hamas's rockets are no different to that.
    Sure they are different.

    World War II was started by the Germans and Japanese and the Allies had every right and reason to finish that war at minimal losses to their own people and troops. Hamas has no right to attack Israel in any way especially given that Israel WITHDREW from Gaza a few years ago.
    Semper Paratus
    Boston = City of Champions: Bruins 2011; Celtics 2008; Red Sox 2004, 2007; Patriots 2002, 2004, 2005
    Jon Huntsman for President

  7. #17
    Dorset Patriot
    Wessexman's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Location
    Sydney, Australia(but my heart is back in Dorset.)
    Last Seen
    10-17-17 @ 04:17 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Conservative
    Posts
    8,468

    Re: Hamas 'set for truce with Israel'

    Quote Originally Posted by ludahai View Post
    Sure they are different.

    World War II was started by the Germans and Japanese and the Allies had every right and reason to finish that war at minimal losses to their own people and troops. Hamas has no right to attack Israel in any way especially given that Israel WITHDREW from Gaza a few years ago.
    So what you are saying is that you can murder civilians if the war starts in certain ways? "Mininal losses" is meaningless, that is no defence for war crimes.

    That is a silly way to talk. Anyway Hamas is made up of Palestinians and seeks to represent the Westbank which is being occupied.

    Again you are willing to go to such lengths and mental gymnastics just to make Israel look blameless, it is staggering.
    "It is written in the eternal constitution that men of intemperate minds cannot be free. Their passions forge their fetters." - Edmund Burke

  8. #18
    Tavern Bartender
    Constitutionalist
    American's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Location
    Virginia
    Last Seen
    12-15-17 @ 10:49 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    76,323

    Re: Hamas 'set for truce with Israel'

    Hamas is sending over their signed copy of the cease fire with a rocket.
    "He who does not think himself worth saving from poverty and ignorance by his own efforts, will hardly be thought worth the efforts of anybody else." -- Frederick Douglass, Self-Made Men (1872)
    "Fly-over" country voted, and The Donald is now POTUS.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •