Page 7 of 13 FirstFirst ... 56789 ... LastLast
Results 61 to 70 of 129

Thread: Gregg withdraws as commerce secretary nominee

  1. #61
    Global Moderator
    I'm a Jedi Master, Yo

    CaptainCourtesy's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Last Seen
    Today @ 04:43 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    152,626

    Re: Gregg withdraws as commerce secretary nominee

    Quote Originally Posted by zimmer View Post
    What is hyperpartisan?
    I support and defend The Constitution.

    Give me ONE example of socialism succeeding.
    There is one.

    You said there were conservatives that were extreme. You call me "hyperpartisan".
    Tell me what is extreme about conservatism.
    That's all I am. Conservative.
    I defend it, I promote it, and having vast experience in the socialist waste lands... I know the opposition too well.

    I do ridicule socialists because their position is ridiculous.
    Proven repeatedly to fail horribly.

    You defend socialism by calling conservatism extreme and calling for us to all get along. You made the claim, and followed it with Rodney King's plea... though not precisely in his words.

    You want to appease the socialists, why not the conservatives?

    So, seeing as you're hostile to someone defending Conservative values... I assume you are defending the role of socialism in our society. I don't care that you say "extremists at both ends"... as there is nothing extreme about conservatism. Conservatism is about maximum liberty, prosperity... the greatest good for the greatest number over the longest period.

    Socialism is decay.

    You like? If not, then Conservatism is the only viable alternative.
    Typical. As I said, the more you post, the more you help me with my argument. You did not respond to my challenge. All you did was continue your hyperpartisan soapboxing bs along with nothing but straw manning. You are neither debating or listening. Try to get the cotton out of your ears and put it in your mouth for a moment. Here are the things I asked you to show, again. Let's see you try:

    1) Point out where I said that conservatism=extremism.
    2) Point out where I claimed to be a socialist.
    3) Point out where I defended socialism.
    "Never fear. Him is here" - Captain Chaos (Dom DeLuise), Cannonball Run

    ====||:-D

    Quote Originally Posted by Wiseone View Post
    This is what I hate about politics the most, it turns people in snobbish egotistical self righteous dicks who allow their political beliefs, partisan attitudes, and 'us vs. them' mentality, to force them to deny reality.

    Quote Originally Posted by Navy Pride View Post
    You can't paint everone with the same brush.......It does not work tht way.


    Quote Originally Posted by Wessexman View Post
    See with you around Captain we don't even have to make arguments, as you already know everything .
    Quote Originally Posted by CriticalThought View Post
    Had you been born elsewhere or at a different time you may very well have chosen a different belief system.
    Quote Originally Posted by ernst barkmann View Post
    It a person has faith they dont need to convince another of it, and when a non believer is not interested in listening to the word of the lord, " you shake the dust from your sandels and move on"

  2. #62
    Educating the Ignorant
    zimmer's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Last Seen
    Today @ 05:39 PM
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    14,361
    Blog Entries
    12

    Re: Gregg withdraws as commerce secretary nominee

    [QUOTE]
    Quote Originally Posted by CaptainCourtesy View Post
    Typical. As I said, the more you post, the more you help me with my argument. You did not respond to my challenge. All you did was continue your hyperpartisan soapboxing bs along with nothing but straw manning. You are neither debating or listening. Try to get the cotton out of your ears and put it in your mouth for a moment. Here are the things I asked you to show, again. Let's see you try:
    1) Point out where I said that conservatism=extremism.
    extreme partisan conservatives.
    There is nothing wrong with conservatism.
    It's the foundation of the country.
    It embraces liberty, prosperity... individual rights and freedom.

    How much of this are you willing to give up so we all get along?

    Have you noticed the socialist appetite is not one to be satisfied?

    You called me an extremist.
    I'm a conservative.
    Not very conservative, not little conservative... Conservative.

    But to you I'm an extremist.
    LOL.

    2) Point out where I claimed to be a socialist.
    You sound like one.
    Whining about us all getting along.
    I want to socialism expunged... you want conservatives and socialists expunged.

    You want some socialism.
    3) Point out where I defended socialism.
    You defend socialism by giving the impression that we should all get along. Which means inserting socialism.
    If you don't want socialism, then the post below should be edited or eliminated.


    I see nothing here that does anything to dissuade me from what I've always thought: extreme partisan conservatives and extreme partisan liberals alike need to be wiped off the face of the earth. Perhaps then all of the stupidity, the political gridlock, the finger pointing, the vengeance, and the political hackery that makes each side look idiotic would stop.

    Perhaps then America could be "one nation under God". Of course there are too many that are invested in anger, hate, and proving the other guy is wrong rather than looking at progress or solutions, or actually looking past their own partisan hackery to see anything.
    This is a defense of socialism.
    Last edited by zimmer; 02-16-09 at 04:09 AM.
    The Clintons are what happens...
    when you have NO MORAL COMPASS.

  3. #63
    Global Moderator
    I'm a Jedi Master, Yo

    CaptainCourtesy's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Last Seen
    Today @ 04:43 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    152,626

    Re: Gregg withdraws as commerce secretary nominee

    Quote Originally Posted by zimmer View Post
    You defend socialism by giving the impression that we should all get along. Which means inserting socialism.
    Firstly, show where I said "we should all get along". Secondly, demonstrate how "getting along"=socialism.

    If you don't want socialism, then the post below should be edited or eliminated.

    This is a defense of socialism.
    YOU highlighted the "extreme partisan conservatives" not I. And you did not highlight the "extreme partisan liberals". I wonder why.

    Keep digging. Your proving me right with every post.
    "Never fear. Him is here" - Captain Chaos (Dom DeLuise), Cannonball Run

    ====||:-D

    Quote Originally Posted by Wiseone View Post
    This is what I hate about politics the most, it turns people in snobbish egotistical self righteous dicks who allow their political beliefs, partisan attitudes, and 'us vs. them' mentality, to force them to deny reality.

    Quote Originally Posted by Navy Pride View Post
    You can't paint everone with the same brush.......It does not work tht way.


    Quote Originally Posted by Wessexman View Post
    See with you around Captain we don't even have to make arguments, as you already know everything .
    Quote Originally Posted by CriticalThought View Post
    Had you been born elsewhere or at a different time you may very well have chosen a different belief system.
    Quote Originally Posted by ernst barkmann View Post
    It a person has faith they dont need to convince another of it, and when a non believer is not interested in listening to the word of the lord, " you shake the dust from your sandels and move on"

  4. #64
    Dorset Patriot
    Wessexman's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Location
    Sydney, Australia(but my heart is back in Dorset.)
    Last Seen
    10-17-17 @ 04:17 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Conservative
    Posts
    8,468

    Re: Gregg withdraws as commerce secretary nominee

    Maybe it is a difference of cultures but what is wrong with partisanship? Obviously there are reasonable limits, like not saying all liberals are murderers or wanting all conservatives dead but I don't see what is wrong with reasonable partisanship.

    The idea of appointing a minister from the main opposition party seems very strange to British eyes I must say.
    Last edited by Wessexman; 02-16-09 at 04:49 AM.
    "It is written in the eternal constitution that men of intemperate minds cannot be free. Their passions forge their fetters." - Edmund Burke

  5. #65
    Global Moderator
    I'm a Jedi Master, Yo

    CaptainCourtesy's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Last Seen
    Today @ 04:43 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    152,626

    Re: Gregg withdraws as commerce secretary nominee

    Quote Originally Posted by Wessexman View Post
    Maybe it is a difference of cultures but what is wrong with partisanship? Obviously there are reasonable limits, like not saying all liberals are murders or wanting all conservatives dead but I don't see what is wrong with reasonable partisanship.

    The idea of appointing a minister from the main opposition party seems very strange to British eyes I must say.
    I see little wrong with reasonable partisanship. It is the unreasonable, extreme that I am addressing, here.
    "Never fear. Him is here" - Captain Chaos (Dom DeLuise), Cannonball Run

    ====||:-D

    Quote Originally Posted by Wiseone View Post
    This is what I hate about politics the most, it turns people in snobbish egotistical self righteous dicks who allow their political beliefs, partisan attitudes, and 'us vs. them' mentality, to force them to deny reality.

    Quote Originally Posted by Navy Pride View Post
    You can't paint everone with the same brush.......It does not work tht way.


    Quote Originally Posted by Wessexman View Post
    See with you around Captain we don't even have to make arguments, as you already know everything .
    Quote Originally Posted by CriticalThought View Post
    Had you been born elsewhere or at a different time you may very well have chosen a different belief system.
    Quote Originally Posted by ernst barkmann View Post
    It a person has faith they dont need to convince another of it, and when a non believer is not interested in listening to the word of the lord, " you shake the dust from your sandels and move on"

  6. #66
    Dorset Patriot
    Wessexman's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Location
    Sydney, Australia(but my heart is back in Dorset.)
    Last Seen
    10-17-17 @ 04:17 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Conservative
    Posts
    8,468

    Re: Gregg withdraws as commerce secretary nominee

    Quote Originally Posted by CaptainCourtesy View Post
    I see little wrong with reasonable partisanship. It is the unreasonable, extreme that I am addressing, here.
    What is extreme in this context? It seems to me we are just talking about unreasonable behaviour in general which should probably always tend to be avoided if possible.
    Last edited by Wessexman; 02-16-09 at 04:52 AM.
    "It is written in the eternal constitution that men of intemperate minds cannot be free. Their passions forge their fetters." - Edmund Burke

  7. #67
    Educating the Ignorant
    zimmer's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Last Seen
    Today @ 05:39 PM
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    14,361
    Blog Entries
    12

    Re: Gregg withdraws as commerce secretary nominee

    Quote Originally Posted by CaptainCourtesy View Post
    I see little wrong with reasonable partisanship. It is the unreasonable, extreme that I am addressing, here.
    I espouse nothing more than Conservatism.
    Yet this is "unreasonable, extreme" to CC.

    So I must question his claim that representatives espousing Conservatism and vigorously defending it need be expunged.

    Makes no sense unless you want to see the growth of socialism, because that's the end result when Conservatism isn't vigorously explained and defended.

    Just look at where we are now.
    Republicans behaved like Libs, had a RINO as their candidate vs. a weakling Marxist and lost.
    The definition of Conservative was watered down.
    Didn't Kerry claim to be "conservative"? LOL.

    We have an economic situation brought to us by socialists sticking their fingers into the market, yet nobody was out there explaining and slamming those who caused the problem. Hence Obama and the Libs get bonus points as managers of the economy?

    Yeah, we need to eliminate conservatives.

    When you kill defenders of The Constitution, you're killing America... drip by drip.
    Last edited by zimmer; 02-16-09 at 05:00 AM.
    The Clintons are what happens...
    when you have NO MORAL COMPASS.

  8. #68
    Dorset Patriot
    Wessexman's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Location
    Sydney, Australia(but my heart is back in Dorset.)
    Last Seen
    10-17-17 @ 04:17 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Conservative
    Posts
    8,468

    Re: Gregg withdraws as commerce secretary nominee

    Quote Originally Posted by zimmer View Post
    I espouse nothing more than the Conservatism.
    Yet this is extreme to CC.

    So I must question his assumption that representatives espousing Conservatism need be expunged.

    Makes no sense unless you want to see the growth of socialism, because that's the end result when Conservatism isn't vigorously explained and defended.

    Just look at where we are now.
    Republicans behaved like Libs, had a RINO as their candidate vs. a weakling Marxist and lost.

    We had an economic situation brought to us by socialists, yet nobody out there explaining who caused the problem. Hence Obama and the Libs get bonus points as managers of the economy?

    When you kill defenders of The Constitution, you're killing America... drip by drip.
    See CC this is just a silly argument. The throwing around of terms like socialist and Marxist with little thought of their actual meanings, unless done in a humourous or witty way, is silly anyway without having to bring such ideas as partisanship into it.
    "It is written in the eternal constitution that men of intemperate minds cannot be free. Their passions forge their fetters." - Edmund Burke

  9. #69
    Global Moderator
    I'm a Jedi Master, Yo

    CaptainCourtesy's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Last Seen
    Today @ 04:43 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    152,626

    Re: Gregg withdraws as commerce secretary nominee

    Quote Originally Posted by Wessexman View Post
    What is extreme in this context? It seems to me we are just talking about unreasonable behaviour in general which should probably always tend to be avoided if possible.
    I would agree.

    Here are two examples of what I would consider extreme partisanship. It will be in the context of American politics:

    1) Everything Bush did sucked because Bush did it or because he is a conservative(ignoring the situation, itself).

    2) Everything Obama does sucks because Obama does it or because he is a liberal (ignoring the situation, itself).

    These are two easy examples. Some examples that amplify this that we have seen on this board were the liberals' foolish attacks against Bush for continuing to read to children when 9/11 happened because he was Bush and a conservative (he waited 7 minutes and didn't want to alarm anyone), and the conservatives' foolish attacks against Obama for reading to children during the economic crisis, just because he was Obama, and a liberal...and probably as partisan revenge for Bush being attacked. Both situations are silly partisan attacks and do not look at the situations objectively. Was what Bush or Obama did really problematic? Hyperpartisans don't care. They condemn or adhere based on their affiliation, not on logic. That is there right, but I will call it as I see it.
    "Never fear. Him is here" - Captain Chaos (Dom DeLuise), Cannonball Run

    ====||:-D

    Quote Originally Posted by Wiseone View Post
    This is what I hate about politics the most, it turns people in snobbish egotistical self righteous dicks who allow their political beliefs, partisan attitudes, and 'us vs. them' mentality, to force them to deny reality.

    Quote Originally Posted by Navy Pride View Post
    You can't paint everone with the same brush.......It does not work tht way.


    Quote Originally Posted by Wessexman View Post
    See with you around Captain we don't even have to make arguments, as you already know everything .
    Quote Originally Posted by CriticalThought View Post
    Had you been born elsewhere or at a different time you may very well have chosen a different belief system.
    Quote Originally Posted by ernst barkmann View Post
    It a person has faith they dont need to convince another of it, and when a non believer is not interested in listening to the word of the lord, " you shake the dust from your sandels and move on"

  10. #70
    Global Moderator
    I'm a Jedi Master, Yo

    CaptainCourtesy's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Last Seen
    Today @ 04:43 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    152,626

    Re: Gregg withdraws as commerce secretary nominee

    Quote Originally Posted by zimmer View Post
    I espouse nothing more than Conservatism.
    Yet this is "unreasonable, extreme" to CC.

    So I must question his claim that representatives espousing Conservatism and vigorously defending it need be expunged.

    Makes no sense unless you want to see the growth of socialism, because that's the end result when Conservatism isn't vigorously explained and defended.

    Just look at where we are now.
    Republicans behaved like Libs, had a RINO as their candidate vs. a weakling Marxist and lost.
    The definition of Conservative was watered down.
    Didn't Kerry claim to be "conservative"? LOL.

    We have an economic situation brought to us by socialists sticking their fingers into the market, yet nobody was out there explaining and slamming those who caused the problem. Hence Obama and the Libs get bonus points as managers of the economy?

    Yeah, we need to eliminate conservatives.

    When you kill defenders of The Constitution, you're killing America... drip by drip.
    More straw manning. Please show where I said we should eliminate conservatives. I know that's the argument you want to have, but since it's not my position, you're just arguing with yourself. And the more you do it, whether you win, or you win, you lose.
    "Never fear. Him is here" - Captain Chaos (Dom DeLuise), Cannonball Run

    ====||:-D

    Quote Originally Posted by Wiseone View Post
    This is what I hate about politics the most, it turns people in snobbish egotistical self righteous dicks who allow their political beliefs, partisan attitudes, and 'us vs. them' mentality, to force them to deny reality.

    Quote Originally Posted by Navy Pride View Post
    You can't paint everone with the same brush.......It does not work tht way.


    Quote Originally Posted by Wessexman View Post
    See with you around Captain we don't even have to make arguments, as you already know everything .
    Quote Originally Posted by CriticalThought View Post
    Had you been born elsewhere or at a different time you may very well have chosen a different belief system.
    Quote Originally Posted by ernst barkmann View Post
    It a person has faith they dont need to convince another of it, and when a non believer is not interested in listening to the word of the lord, " you shake the dust from your sandels and move on"

Page 7 of 13 FirstFirst ... 56789 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •