Page 6 of 13 FirstFirst ... 45678 ... LastLast
Results 51 to 60 of 129

Thread: Gregg withdraws as commerce secretary nominee

  1. #51
    Global Moderator
    I'm a Jedi Master, Yo

    CaptainCourtesy's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Last Seen
    Today @ 09:38 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    152,692

    Re: Gregg withdraws as commerce secretary nominee

    Quote Originally Posted by zimmer View Post
    No Rodney, it's people who believe they can give a little bit away of their soul on a daily basis are the problem.

    People not willing to defend what is right.
    Defending truth vigorously is not part of the problem...
    and...
    for the record...

    If I am such a closed minded individual, I guess you would have found me open minded when I was a young and very naive socialist?

    How can I be closed minded after making a 180 degree change? When I've studied and come to believe deeply in what the Founders set up?

    What is extreme?
    A tax code that follows the Commi manifesto?
    Socialist redistribution of wealth on a massive scale?
    The constant pursuit of socialized medicine?
    The manner which Socialists demonize companies for making profits?

    You seem to enjoy socialism.
    I've lived in too many societies where it has been the political base.
    It's awful, and that it fails to provide any long term good need be taught to the ignorant... of which there are many.
    Until then socialists and ignoramuses will have a chance to rule and ruin the country.

    But... people like me are the problem.
    LOL.
    The fact that you believe that what you believe is THE truth indicates that what I said was correct. Whether you are/were a socialist without the ability to see that it is a position not a truth, or a conservative with the same issue, is irrelevant. Just different flavors of the same extremist ice cream.
    "Never fear. Him is here" - Captain Chaos (Dom DeLuise), Cannonball Run

    ====||:-D

    Quote Originally Posted by Wiseone View Post
    This is what I hate about politics the most, it turns people in snobbish egotistical self righteous dicks who allow their political beliefs, partisan attitudes, and 'us vs. them' mentality, to force them to deny reality.

    Quote Originally Posted by Navy Pride View Post
    You can't paint everone with the same brush.......It does not work tht way.


    Quote Originally Posted by Wessexman View Post
    See with you around Captain we don't even have to make arguments, as you already know everything .
    Quote Originally Posted by CriticalThought View Post
    Had you been born elsewhere or at a different time you may very well have chosen a different belief system.
    Quote Originally Posted by ernst barkmann View Post
    It a person has faith they dont need to convince another of it, and when a non believer is not interested in listening to the word of the lord, " you shake the dust from your sandels and move on"

  2. #52
    Educating the Ignorant
    zimmer's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Last Seen
    Today @ 05:39 PM
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    14,445
    Blog Entries
    12

    Re: Gregg withdraws as commerce secretary nominee

    Quote Originally Posted by CaptainCourtesy View Post
    The fact that you believe that what you believe is THE truth indicates that what I said was correct. Whether you are/were a socialist without the ability to see that it is a position not a truth, or a conservative with the same issue, is irrelevant. Just different flavors of the same extremist ice cream.
    No, no.
    Try again.

    A position is either truthful or it isn't.
    And in your book defending the truth is "extreme".

    How nice.

    For you there are no truths?
    You sound more and more like the type.
    Last edited by zimmer; 02-16-09 at 12:53 AM.
    The Clintons are what happens...
    when you have NO MORAL COMPASS.

  3. #53
    Global Moderator
    I'm a Jedi Master, Yo

    CaptainCourtesy's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Last Seen
    Today @ 09:38 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    152,692

    Re: Gregg withdraws as commerce secretary nominee

    Quote Originally Posted by zimmer View Post
    No, no.
    Try again.

    A position is either truthful or it isn't.

    For you there are no truths?
    You sound like the type.
    Wrong. A position is one's opinion. It is you who believes that opinion=fact. Good description of a closedminded extremist.
    "Never fear. Him is here" - Captain Chaos (Dom DeLuise), Cannonball Run

    ====||:-D

    Quote Originally Posted by Wiseone View Post
    This is what I hate about politics the most, it turns people in snobbish egotistical self righteous dicks who allow their political beliefs, partisan attitudes, and 'us vs. them' mentality, to force them to deny reality.

    Quote Originally Posted by Navy Pride View Post
    You can't paint everone with the same brush.......It does not work tht way.


    Quote Originally Posted by Wessexman View Post
    See with you around Captain we don't even have to make arguments, as you already know everything .
    Quote Originally Posted by CriticalThought View Post
    Had you been born elsewhere or at a different time you may very well have chosen a different belief system.
    Quote Originally Posted by ernst barkmann View Post
    It a person has faith they dont need to convince another of it, and when a non believer is not interested in listening to the word of the lord, " you shake the dust from your sandels and move on"

  4. #54
    Slayer of the DP Newsbot
    danarhea's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Location
    Houston, TX
    Last Seen
    Today @ 10:16 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    39,739

    Re: Gregg withdraws as commerce secretary nominee

    Quote Originally Posted by independent_thinker2002 View Post
    Nice rant.

    (you forgot to turn it off.)
    Actually, he turned it on twice. It's called pumping up the volume.
    The ghost of Jack Kevorkian for President's Physician: 2016

  5. #55
    Global Moderator
    I'm a Jedi Master, Yo

    CaptainCourtesy's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Last Seen
    Today @ 09:38 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    152,692

    Re: Gregg withdraws as commerce secretary nominee

    Quote Originally Posted by danarhea View Post
    Actually, he turned it on twice. It's called pumping up the volume.
    It was for our more "deaf" members.
    "Never fear. Him is here" - Captain Chaos (Dom DeLuise), Cannonball Run

    ====||:-D

    Quote Originally Posted by Wiseone View Post
    This is what I hate about politics the most, it turns people in snobbish egotistical self righteous dicks who allow their political beliefs, partisan attitudes, and 'us vs. them' mentality, to force them to deny reality.

    Quote Originally Posted by Navy Pride View Post
    You can't paint everone with the same brush.......It does not work tht way.


    Quote Originally Posted by Wessexman View Post
    See with you around Captain we don't even have to make arguments, as you already know everything .
    Quote Originally Posted by CriticalThought View Post
    Had you been born elsewhere or at a different time you may very well have chosen a different belief system.
    Quote Originally Posted by ernst barkmann View Post
    It a person has faith they dont need to convince another of it, and when a non believer is not interested in listening to the word of the lord, " you shake the dust from your sandels and move on"

  6. #56
    Educating the Ignorant
    zimmer's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Last Seen
    Today @ 05:39 PM
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    14,445
    Blog Entries
    12

    Re: Gregg withdraws as commerce secretary nominee

    Quote Originally Posted by CaptainCourtesy View Post
    Wrong. A position is one's opinion. It is you who believes that opinion=fact. Good description of a closedminded extremist.
    A position/opinion is either truthful or not.
    It is factual or not.
    You can opine or not.

    So Conservatives are "extremist"?
    I see you are open minded and tolerant.
    LOL.
    Last edited by zimmer; 02-16-09 at 01:39 AM.
    The Clintons are what happens...
    when you have NO MORAL COMPASS.

  7. #57
    Global Moderator
    I'm a Jedi Master, Yo

    CaptainCourtesy's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Last Seen
    Today @ 09:38 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    152,692

    Re: Gregg withdraws as commerce secretary nominee

    Quote Originally Posted by zimmer View Post
    A position/opinion is either truthful or not.
    It is factual or not.
    You can opine or not.
    A position or opinion may be truthful to the person making it, but that's about it. An opinion is NOT fact. A fact is a fact.

    So Conservatives are "extremist"?
    I see you are open minded and tolerant.
    LOL.
    Never said that. Try reading what I write, not what you want to believe. Some conservatives are extremists...just like some liberals are. Let's see if you can say the same.
    "Never fear. Him is here" - Captain Chaos (Dom DeLuise), Cannonball Run

    ====||:-D

    Quote Originally Posted by Wiseone View Post
    This is what I hate about politics the most, it turns people in snobbish egotistical self righteous dicks who allow their political beliefs, partisan attitudes, and 'us vs. them' mentality, to force them to deny reality.

    Quote Originally Posted by Navy Pride View Post
    You can't paint everone with the same brush.......It does not work tht way.


    Quote Originally Posted by Wessexman View Post
    See with you around Captain we don't even have to make arguments, as you already know everything .
    Quote Originally Posted by CriticalThought View Post
    Had you been born elsewhere or at a different time you may very well have chosen a different belief system.
    Quote Originally Posted by ernst barkmann View Post
    It a person has faith they dont need to convince another of it, and when a non believer is not interested in listening to the word of the lord, " you shake the dust from your sandels and move on"

  8. #58
    Educating the Ignorant
    zimmer's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Last Seen
    Today @ 05:39 PM
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    14,445
    Blog Entries
    12

    Re: Gregg withdraws as commerce secretary nominee

    Quote Originally Posted by CaptainCourtesy View Post
    A position or opinion may be truthful to the person making it, but that's about it. An opinion is NOT fact. A fact is a fact.



    Never said that. Try reading what I write, not what you want to believe. Some conservatives are extremists...just like some liberals are. Let's see if you can say the same.
    Truth is extreme?
    What's extreme about Conservatism?
    About what the Framers had laid out as a foundation for the nation?

    Spit it out.

    Fact is, socialism is perfect.
    It has failed perfectly.
    It is the perfect storm.
    It wreaks destruction wherever it has been tried.
    The more invasive the socialist schemes, the more corrupted, debased and poor the society. Not mentioning the individual is subservient to the state.

    Them's the facts.
    Not opinion.

    Maybe you like being subservient?
    Maybe you like government running your life?
    Stealing your labor?
    Picking winners and losers?
    Forcing banks to make loans to people who can't pay them?

    I think you a-like-a-too much... Too much.

    You like to defend or having a corrosive element injected into our society?
    Fine... I don't believe the political equivalent of sulfuric acid should be injected into the system's veins.
    But the arm of Lady Liberty is full of needles from the Marxists. Pumping in acid, pumping out Liberty.
    She's become the SAPs (Socialist of America Party) whore... pimped out to Karl and his followers.

    You may think we should get along (everyone take some socialist smack)... I think your socialist leanings should be defeated.

    I believe your flawed outlook... "shouldn't we all get along" should be debunked, and defeated.

    We need defenders... not retreators.
    Last edited by zimmer; 02-16-09 at 03:06 AM.
    The Clintons are what happens...
    when you have NO MORAL COMPASS.

  9. #59
    Global Moderator
    I'm a Jedi Master, Yo

    CaptainCourtesy's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Last Seen
    Today @ 09:38 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    152,692

    Re: Gregg withdraws as commerce secretary nominee

    Quote Originally Posted by zimmer View Post
    Truth is extreme?
    What's extreme about Conservatism?
    About what the Framers had laid out as a foundation for the nation?

    Spit it out.

    Fact is, socialism is perfect.
    It has failed perfectly.
    It is the perfect storm.
    It wreaks destruction wherever it has been tried.
    The more invasive the socialist schemes, the more corrupted, debased and poor the society. Not mentioning the individual is subservient to the state.

    Them's the facts.
    Not opinion.

    Maybe you like being subservient?
    Maybe you like government running your life?
    Stealing your labor?
    Picking winners and losers?
    Forcing banks to make loans to people who can't pay them?

    I think you a-like-a-too much... Too much.

    You like to defend or having a corrosive element injected into our society?
    Fine... I don't believe the political equivalent of sulfuric acid should be injected into the system's veins.
    But the arm of Lady Liberty is full of needles from the Marxists. Pumping in acid, pumping out Liberty.
    She's become the SAPs (Socialist of America Party) whore... pimped out to Karl and his followers.

    You may think we should get along (everyone take some socialist smack)... I think your socialist leanings should be defeated.

    I believe your flawed outlook... "shouldn't we all get along" should be debunked, and defeated.

    We need defenders... not retreators.
    Your entire post is nothing but straw man hyperpartisan bs. As expected. Try this:

    1) Point out where I said that conservatism=extremism.
    2) Point out where I claimed to be a socialist.
    3) Point out where I defended socialism.

    The more you post, the more you strengthen my argument. You are not debating. Extremists don't. They soapbox. And it's all opinion not facts.
    "Never fear. Him is here" - Captain Chaos (Dom DeLuise), Cannonball Run

    ====||:-D

    Quote Originally Posted by Wiseone View Post
    This is what I hate about politics the most, it turns people in snobbish egotistical self righteous dicks who allow their political beliefs, partisan attitudes, and 'us vs. them' mentality, to force them to deny reality.

    Quote Originally Posted by Navy Pride View Post
    You can't paint everone with the same brush.......It does not work tht way.


    Quote Originally Posted by Wessexman View Post
    See with you around Captain we don't even have to make arguments, as you already know everything .
    Quote Originally Posted by CriticalThought View Post
    Had you been born elsewhere or at a different time you may very well have chosen a different belief system.
    Quote Originally Posted by ernst barkmann View Post
    It a person has faith they dont need to convince another of it, and when a non believer is not interested in listening to the word of the lord, " you shake the dust from your sandels and move on"

  10. #60
    Educating the Ignorant
    zimmer's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Last Seen
    Today @ 05:39 PM
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    14,445
    Blog Entries
    12

    Re: Gregg withdraws as commerce secretary nominee

    Quote Originally Posted by CaptainCourtesy View Post
    Your entire post is nothing but straw man hyperpartisan bs. As expected. Try this:

    1) Point out where I said that conservatism=extremism.
    2) Point out where I claimed to be a socialist.
    3) Point out where I defended socialism.

    The more you post, the more you strengthen my argument. You are not debating. Extremists don't. They soapbox. And it's all opinion not facts.
    What is hyperpartisan?
    I support and defend The Constitution.

    Give me ONE example of socialism succeeding.
    There is one.

    You said there were conservatives that were extreme. You call me "hyperpartisan".
    Tell me what is extreme about conservatism.
    That's all I am. Conservative.
    I defend it, I promote it, and having vast experience in the socialist waste lands... I know the opposition too well.

    I do ridicule socialists because their position is ridiculous.
    Proven repeatedly to fail horribly.

    You defend socialism by calling conservatism extreme and calling for us to all get along. You made the claim, and followed it with Rodney King's plea... though not precisely in his words.

    You want to appease the socialists, why not the conservatives?

    So, seeing as you're hostile to someone defending Conservative values... I assume you are defending the role of socialism in our society. I don't care that you say "extremists at both ends"... as there is nothing extreme about conservatism. Conservatism is about maximum liberty, prosperity... the greatest good for the greatest number over the longest period.

    Socialism is decay.

    You like? If not, then Conservatism is the only viable alternative.
    Last edited by zimmer; 02-16-09 at 03:43 AM.
    The Clintons are what happens...
    when you have NO MORAL COMPASS.

Page 6 of 13 FirstFirst ... 45678 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •