Page 5 of 13 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast
Results 41 to 50 of 129

Thread: Gregg withdraws as commerce secretary nominee

  1. #41
    Educating the Ignorant
    zimmer's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Last Seen
    Today @ 07:31 PM
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    14,373
    Blog Entries
    12

    Re: Gregg withdraws as commerce secretary nominee

    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Moon View Post
    You should read my post in the context of what I replied to. If most of the country were against conservatives, as the the statement I replied to implied, then how in the hell did Prop 8 pass in California?
    The GOP can't even get homophobia right?
    Quote Originally Posted by independent_thinker2002 View Post
    The GOP can't even get homophobia right?
    Did one of the far left's Proposition's pass during the last election? In any state?
    I thought it was Zero. The left lost all their pet races that mattered... indicating what? The country is conservative on the whole.

    Obama is a one time, trick pony.
    The most inexperienced President we've had who has some laughably bad connections that would have sent any other candidate packing in Iowa.

    But hey! He's yours.

    To think, you folks had the Republicans in a corner only a few weeks ago, and the leadership of the party Obama, Pelosi and Reid shat on them so bad they have been able to raise the middle finger to Obama... and actually start fighting.

    Their blunders, heavy handedness and Marxist/Stalinist ideology made it easy for Gregg to step down.

    Marxist for the economy.
    Stalinist for their treatment of the opposition. For those of you who have missed the news... Obama... the President... telling people who they should and shouldn't listen to is Stalinist. And the censorship doctrine they'll try to push through is nothing short of Stalinist.
    Last edited by zimmer; 02-15-09 at 05:17 AM.
    The Clintons are what happens...
    when you have NO MORAL COMPASS.

  2. #42
    Bus Driver to Hell
    Thorgasm's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Last Seen
    12-06-17 @ 11:17 AM
    Lean
    Very Conservative
    Posts
    68,191

    Re: Gregg withdraws as commerce secretary nominee

    Quote Originally Posted by zimmer View Post
    Did one of the far left's Proposition's pass during the last election? In any state?
    I thought it was Zero. The left lost all their pet races that mattered... indicating what? The country is conservative on the whole.

    Obama is a one time, trick pony.
    The most inexperienced President we've had who has some laughably bad connections that would have sent any other candidate packing in Iowa.

    But hey! He's yours.

    To think, you folks had the Republicans in a corner only a few weeks ago, and the leadership of the party Obama, Pelosi and Reid shat on them so bad they have been able to raise the middle finger to Obama... and actually start fighting.
    Who is the "far left"?
    Quote Originally Posted by faithful_servant View Post
    Being a psychiatric patient does not mean that you are mentally ill.



  3. #43
    Educating the Ignorant
    zimmer's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Last Seen
    Today @ 07:31 PM
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    14,373
    Blog Entries
    12

    Re: Gregg withdraws as commerce secretary nominee

    Quote Originally Posted by independent_thinker2002 View Post
    Who is the "far left"?
    The entire Democrat caucus in the Senate, and all but seven in the House.

    Then the supporters of these volk, whether they know it or not.
    Far left or ignorant.
    The Clintons are what happens...
    when you have NO MORAL COMPASS.

  4. #44
    Global Moderator
    I'm a Jedi Master, Yo

    CaptainCourtesy's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Last Seen
    Today @ 04:43 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    152,626

    Re: Gregg withdraws as commerce secretary nominee


    I see nothing here that does anything to dissuade me from what I've always thought: extreme partisan conservatives and extreme partisan liberals alike need to be wiped off the face of the earth. Perhaps then all of the stupidity, the political gridlock, the finger pointing, the vengeance, and the political hackery that makes each side look idiotic would stop. Perhaps then America could be "one nation under God". Of course there are too many that are invested in anger, hate, and proving the other guy is wrong rather than looking at progress or solutions, or actually looking past their own partisan hackery to see anything.
    "Never fear. Him is here" - Captain Chaos (Dom DeLuise), Cannonball Run

    ====||:-D

    Quote Originally Posted by Wiseone View Post
    This is what I hate about politics the most, it turns people in snobbish egotistical self righteous dicks who allow their political beliefs, partisan attitudes, and 'us vs. them' mentality, to force them to deny reality.

    Quote Originally Posted by Navy Pride View Post
    You can't paint everone with the same brush.......It does not work tht way.


    Quote Originally Posted by Wessexman View Post
    See with you around Captain we don't even have to make arguments, as you already know everything .
    Quote Originally Posted by CriticalThought View Post
    Had you been born elsewhere or at a different time you may very well have chosen a different belief system.
    Quote Originally Posted by ernst barkmann View Post
    It a person has faith they dont need to convince another of it, and when a non believer is not interested in listening to the word of the lord, " you shake the dust from your sandels and move on"

  5. #45
    Bus Driver to Hell
    Thorgasm's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Last Seen
    12-06-17 @ 11:17 AM
    Lean
    Very Conservative
    Posts
    68,191

    Re: Gregg withdraws as commerce secretary nominee

    Quote Originally Posted by CaptainCourtesy View Post

    I see nothing here that does anything to dissuade me from what I've always thought: extreme partisan conservatives and extreme partisan liberals alike need to be wiped off the face of the earth. Perhaps then all of the stupidity, the political gridlock, the finger pointing, the vengeance, and the political hackery that makes each side look idiotic would stop. Perhaps then America could be "one nation under God". Of course there are too many that are invested in anger, hate, and proving the other guy is wrong rather than looking at progress or solutions, or actually looking past their own partisan hackery to see anything.
    Nice rant.

    (you forgot to turn it off.)
    Quote Originally Posted by faithful_servant View Post
    Being a psychiatric patient does not mean that you are mentally ill.



  6. #46
    Guru
    ADK_Forever's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Last Seen
    05-07-11 @ 09:26 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    3,706

    Re: Gregg withdraws as commerce secretary nominee

    Quote Originally Posted by Southern Man View Post
    Even liberal California voted conservative when they were able to do so based on issues. And by "most", I assume that you meant the percentage who voted for Obama, which was about 51%. So if y'all want to come after the remainder, then by all means bring it on. After all, we've got the guns.
    Once again, your facts are wrong. I'm not sure what election you watched but, in the one that I watched Obama garnered 7.2% more popular votes than McCain. To get 7.2% simply subtract McCain's 45.7% from Obama's 52.9%.

    From:United States presidential election, 2008 - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

    .................Electoral..States.................Popular
    .....................Vote....Carried..................Vote.......Percentage
    Barack Obama 365.....28(+DC+NE-02)..69,456,897......52.9
    John McCain....173......22...................59,934,814......45.7


    Let's not let the facts get in the way of the truth.
    Thank You Barack Obama for Restoring Honor To The Presidency.
    President Obama will rank as one of our greatest presidents!

  7. #47
    Global Moderator
    I'm a Jedi Master, Yo

    CaptainCourtesy's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Last Seen
    Today @ 04:43 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    152,626

    Re: Gregg withdraws as commerce secretary nominee

    Quote Originally Posted by Southern Man View Post
    Even liberal California voted conservative when they were able to do so based on issues. And by "most", I assume that you meant the percentage who voted for Obama, which was about 51%. So if y'all want to come after the remainder, then by all means bring it on. After all, we've got the guns.
    Remember something, though. The government has more and bigger guns.
    "Never fear. Him is here" - Captain Chaos (Dom DeLuise), Cannonball Run

    ====||:-D

    Quote Originally Posted by Wiseone View Post
    This is what I hate about politics the most, it turns people in snobbish egotistical self righteous dicks who allow their political beliefs, partisan attitudes, and 'us vs. them' mentality, to force them to deny reality.

    Quote Originally Posted by Navy Pride View Post
    You can't paint everone with the same brush.......It does not work tht way.


    Quote Originally Posted by Wessexman View Post
    See with you around Captain we don't even have to make arguments, as you already know everything .
    Quote Originally Posted by CriticalThought View Post
    Had you been born elsewhere or at a different time you may very well have chosen a different belief system.
    Quote Originally Posted by ernst barkmann View Post
    It a person has faith they dont need to convince another of it, and when a non believer is not interested in listening to the word of the lord, " you shake the dust from your sandels and move on"

  8. #48
    Educating the Ignorant
    zimmer's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Last Seen
    Today @ 07:31 PM
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    14,373
    Blog Entries
    12

    Re: Gregg withdraws as commerce secretary nominee

    Quote Originally Posted by CaptainCourtesy View Post

    I see nothing here that does anything to dissuade me from what I've always thought: extreme partisan conservatives and extreme partisan liberals alike need to be wiped off the face of the earth. Perhaps then all of the stupidity, the political gridlock, the finger pointing, the vengeance, and the political hackery that makes each side look idiotic would stop. Perhaps then America could be "one nation under God". Of course there are too many that are invested in anger, hate, and proving the other guy is wrong rather than looking at progress or solutions, or actually looking past their own partisan hackery to see anything.
    LOL.
    Are you Rodney King?
    "Can't we all just get along?"

    Perhaps then all of the stupidity, the political gridlock, the finger pointing, the vengeance, and the political hackery that makes each side look idiotic would stop.
    Are you asking for the extermination of the Democrat Party?
    It sounds like it to me.
    For they hold the key to stopping the stupidity. When they stop lying about who they are during elections, when they run honest campaigns... then we might have some progress... but the truth is a difficult row to hoe for the socialist... because it fails miserably in America when honestly put up for a vote.

    Tell me...
    How do you stop the onward march of socialism destroying what was a perfectly good foundation for a country?
    Let the socialist have their way little by little until it's vanished?
    That's what's happening, except now at a rapid clip.
    Hamilton, Franklin, Jefferson... replaced by Marx, Engels and Lenin. Or Schroeder, Gysi and LaFontaine.

    Either you are right or you're wrong.
    There are fundamental truths formed through thousands of years of civilization.
    There is a perfectly good historical record on how to proceed, and the Founding Fathers did a good job setting a foundation for the nation using it. Socialism has proven deficient in providing the greatest good to the greatest number over the longest period of time.

    But let's all get along.
    For the good of the country.
    So we can really get things done.
    For the good of the country.

    Ding, ding, ding!
    Wake up call.
    Sorry, the country wasn't set up that way.
    It was set up for slow motion and tough political battles.
    Where sheep get slaughtered.
    Last edited by zimmer; 02-15-09 at 11:57 PM.
    The Clintons are what happens...
    when you have NO MORAL COMPASS.

  9. #49
    Global Moderator
    I'm a Jedi Master, Yo

    CaptainCourtesy's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Last Seen
    Today @ 04:43 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    152,626

    Re: Gregg withdraws as commerce secretary nominee

    Quote Originally Posted by zimmer View Post
    LOL.
    Are you Rodney King?
    "Can't we all just get along?"
    I wouldn't have expected you to get it. You are part of the problem.


    Are you asking for the extermination of the Democrat Party?
    It sounds like it to me.
    For they hold the key to stopping the stupidity. When they stop lying about who they are during elections, when they run honest campaigns... then we might have some progress... but the truth is a difficult row to hoe for the socialist... because it fails miserably in America when honestly put up for a vote.

    Tell me...
    How do you stop the onward march of socialism destroying what was a perfectly good foundation for a country?
    Let the socialist have their way little by little until it's vanished?
    That's what's happening, except now at a rapid clip.
    Hamilton, Franklin, Jefferson... replaced by Marx, Engels and Lenin. Or Schroeder, Gysi and LaFontaine.

    Either you are right or you're wrong.
    There are fundamental truths formed through thousands of years of civilization.
    There is a perfectly good historical record on how to proceed, and the Founding Fathers did a good job setting a foundation for the nation using it. Socialism has proven deficient in providing the greatest good to the greatest number over the longest period of time.

    But let's all get along.
    For the good of the country.
    So we can really get things done.
    For the good of the country.

    Ding, ding, ding!
    Wake up call.
    Sorry, the country wasn't set up that way.
    It was set up for slow motion and tough political battles.
    Where sheep get slaughtered.
    More hyperpartisan bs. Extremist from both sides, IMO, need to be eliminated. Of course, those extremists are too set in their ways and too closedminded to see themselves as extremists, so I doubt this will occur.
    "Never fear. Him is here" - Captain Chaos (Dom DeLuise), Cannonball Run

    ====||:-D

    Quote Originally Posted by Wiseone View Post
    This is what I hate about politics the most, it turns people in snobbish egotistical self righteous dicks who allow their political beliefs, partisan attitudes, and 'us vs. them' mentality, to force them to deny reality.

    Quote Originally Posted by Navy Pride View Post
    You can't paint everone with the same brush.......It does not work tht way.


    Quote Originally Posted by Wessexman View Post
    See with you around Captain we don't even have to make arguments, as you already know everything .
    Quote Originally Posted by CriticalThought View Post
    Had you been born elsewhere or at a different time you may very well have chosen a different belief system.
    Quote Originally Posted by ernst barkmann View Post
    It a person has faith they dont need to convince another of it, and when a non believer is not interested in listening to the word of the lord, " you shake the dust from your sandels and move on"

  10. #50
    Educating the Ignorant
    zimmer's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Last Seen
    Today @ 07:31 PM
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    14,373
    Blog Entries
    12

    Re: Gregg withdraws as commerce secretary nominee

    Quote Originally Posted by CaptainCourtesy View Post
    I wouldn't have expected you to get it. You are part of the problem.




    More hyperpartisan bs. Extremist from both sides, IMO, need to be eliminated. Of course, those extremists are too set in their ways and too closedminded to see themselves as extremists, so I doubt this will occur.
    No Rodney, it's people who believe they can give a little bit away of their soul on a daily basis are the problem.

    People not willing to defend what is right.
    Defending truth vigorously is not part of the problem...
    and...
    for the record...

    If I am such a closed minded individual, I guess you would have found me open minded when I was a young and very naive socialist?

    How can I be closed minded after making a 180 degree change? When I've studied and come to believe deeply in what the Founders set up?

    What is extreme?
    A tax code that follows the Commi manifesto?
    Socialist redistribution of wealth on a massive scale?
    The constant pursuit of socialized medicine?
    The manner which Socialists demonize companies for making profits?

    You seem to enjoy socialism.
    I've lived in too many societies where it has been the political base.
    It's awful, and that it fails to provide any long term good need be taught to the ignorant... of which there are many.
    Until then socialists and ignoramuses will have a chance to rule and ruin the country.

    But... people like me are the problem.
    LOL.
    Last edited by zimmer; 02-16-09 at 12:20 AM.
    The Clintons are what happens...
    when you have NO MORAL COMPASS.

Page 5 of 13 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •