Page 2 of 13 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast
Results 11 to 20 of 129

Thread: Gregg withdraws as commerce secretary nominee

  1. #11
    Bus Driver to Hell
    Thorgasm's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Last Seen
    12-14-17 @ 06:57 PM
    Lean
    Very Conservative
    Posts
    68,198

    Re: Gregg withdraws as commerce secretary nominee

    Quote Originally Posted by RightinNYC View Post
    I thought that was what mexicans and muslims were for.
    No, they exist to let us know when to stop tanning.
    Quote Originally Posted by faithful_servant View Post
    Being a psychiatric patient does not mean that you are mentally ill.



  2. #12
    Banned
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Last Seen
    07-18-09 @ 04:56 AM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    1,041

    Re: Gregg withdraws as commerce secretary nominee

    For some reality matters more then the facade.

  3. #13
    Tavern Bartender
    Constitutionalist
    American's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Location
    Virginia
    Last Seen
    12-15-17 @ 10:49 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    76,323

    Re: Gregg withdraws as commerce secretary nominee

    Quote Originally Posted by WillRockwell View Post
    Good riddance. The one point where I disagree with Obama is that he believes he can work with Republicans and create a bipartisan government. I believe Republicans are rabid dogs, cannot be trusted, and should not be allowed anywhere near a position of responsibility.
    Mouthfoamer on aisle 3, bring a mop. Come on dude, you need to chill. Rabid dogs.....hahahahahah
    "He who does not think himself worth saving from poverty and ignorance by his own efforts, will hardly be thought worth the efforts of anybody else." -- Frederick Douglass, Self-Made Men (1872)
    "Fly-over" country voted, and The Donald is now POTUS.

  4. #14
    Professor
    WillRockwell's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Last Seen
    07-10-10 @ 09:48 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    1,950

    Re: Gregg withdraws as commerce secretary nominee

    Quote Originally Posted by Southern Man View Post
    And he claims to be "centrist".
    There's a reason for that. Many Democrats are way more angry about Republican activities than I am. That puts me in the middle. Next time your party is in a position to discuss a "permanent Republican majority", you think about the harvest you are currently reaping. This is what you get for trying to shut Democrats out of the governing process. If you can't play nice, you don't get to play at all.

  5. #15
    Dangerous Spinmaster
    RightOfCenter's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Location
    South Dakota
    Last Seen
    04-14-12 @ 04:45 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    4,736

    Re: Gregg withdraws as commerce secretary nominee

    Quote Originally Posted by WillRockwell View Post
    Good riddance. The one point where I disagree with Obama is that he believes he can work with Republicans and create a bipartisan government. I believe Republicans are rabid dogs, cannot be trusted, and should not be allowed anywhere near a position of responsibility.
    Very centrist of you.
    Quote Originally Posted by SWM
    I never thought infanticide could be so delicious.

  6. #16
    Girthless
    RightinNYC's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Location
    New York, NY
    Last Seen
    01-23-11 @ 11:56 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Slightly Conservative
    Posts
    25,894

    Re: Gregg withdraws as commerce secretary nominee

    Quote Originally Posted by WillRockwell View Post
    There's a reason for that. Many Democrats are way more angry about Republican activities than I am. That puts me in the middle.
    I bet many communists were more virulent than Stalin, too.

    Next time your party is in a position to discuss a "permanent Republican majority", you think about the harvest you are currently reaping. This is what you get for trying to shut Democrats out of the governing process. If you can't play nice, you don't get to play at all.
    lol

    So, if the Republicans try to shut the Democrats out, the Democrats will teach them a lesson by doing the exact same thing?

    You should be a peacemaker in Gaza with brilliant insight like that.
    People sleep peaceably in their beds at night only because rough men stand ready to do violence on their behalf.

  7. #17
    Educating the Ignorant
    zimmer's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Last Seen
    Today @ 08:31 AM
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    14,511
    Blog Entries
    12

    Re: Gregg withdraws as commerce secretary nominee

    Quote Originally Posted by WillRockwell View Post
    Good riddance. The one point where I disagree with Obama is that he believes he can work with Republicans and create a bipartisan government.
    100% Smoke screen. He has no intention of "working with" republicans. It's all "show time", and Gregg seems to have woken up and noticed he was nothing more than an adornment.

    "I won".

    Perhaps Gregg was pushed out because his taxes were in order? LOL.
    It would have reflected poorly on the Gangsta Hoopa Administration.

    I believe Republicans are rabid dogs, cannot be trusted, and should not be allowed anywhere near a position of responsibility.
    Is this because Republicans, when they send troops to battle, actually believe in the vote, support the troops, the mission, the president... and victory?

    Unlike Democrats who vote to send troops into battle and then crap on the troops, crap on the mission, crap on the president, and wave the white flag of retreat when it is politically expedient?

    Tell me who is trustworthy? A party that votes on principle, or one that would send troops into battle because of political expediency?

    Last edited by zimmer; 02-13-09 at 06:00 AM.
    The Clintons are what happens...
    when you have NO MORAL COMPASS.

  8. #18
    Sage
    Harry Guerrilla's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    Not affiliated with other libertarians.
    Last Seen
    09-01-17 @ 02:38 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    28,955

    Re: Gregg withdraws as commerce secretary nominee

    Quote Originally Posted by RightinNYC View Post
    The Commerce Department has jurisdiction over the Census Bureau, and the administration recently took steps to assert greater control. Republicans have harshly criticized the decision, saying it was an attempt to politicize the once-in-a-decade event.
    Hmmm, I wonder what he plans to do?
    I was discovering that life just simply isn't fair and bask in the unsung glory of knowing that each obstacle overcome along the way only adds to the satisfaction in the end. Nothing great, after all, was ever accomplished by anyone sulking in his or her misery.
    —Adam Shepard

  9. #19
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Location
    The Beautiful Yadkin Valley
    Last Seen
    09-26-10 @ 08:47 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Conservative
    Posts
    2,219

    Re: Gregg withdraws as commerce secretary nominee

    Quote Originally Posted by WillRockwell View Post
    There's a reason for that. Many Democrats are way more angry about Republican activities than I am. That puts me in the middle. Next time your party is in a position to discuss a "permanent Republican majority", you think about the harvest you are currently reaping. This is what you get for trying to shut Democrats out of the governing process. If you can't play nice, you don't get to play at all.
    As far as I'm concerned all Democrats should be wiped off the face of the earth.

    Seriously, though, you made an incorrect assumption about "my party", as it is the Conservative Party, not the GOP.

    That said, all Liberals should be wiped off the face of the earth, or at least sent to Europe.

  10. #20
    Guru
    ADK_Forever's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Last Seen
    05-07-11 @ 09:26 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    3,706

    Re: Gregg withdraws as commerce secretary nominee

    Quote Originally Posted by Southern Man View Post
    That said, all Liberals should be wiped off the face of the earth, or at least sent to Europe.
    Is this your "I know you are but, what am I", 4th grade retort?

    It seems MOST of America feels just this way about Republicans and Conservatives, as their votes illustrate. So, if each side got their wish all the Conservatives would be gone with nothing but Dems left.
    Thank You Barack Obama for Restoring Honor To The Presidency.
    President Obama will rank as one of our greatest presidents!

Page 2 of 13 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •