Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast
Results 31 to 40 of 48

Thread: Will Iran ever normalize relations w/U.S.?

  1. #31
    Banned
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Location
    in a neocon's craw
    Last Seen
    04-24-17 @ 10:55 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Slightly Liberal
    Posts
    2,801

    Re: Will Iran ever normalize relations w/U.S.?

    Quote Originally Posted by JMak View Post
    Aaaaand here have yet another poseur trying to pretend that he knows what big words mean. This is a clear example of the success our liberal-dominated schools have successfully brainwashed people into believing that fascism is a uniquely right-wing phenomena.

    Ironic, ain't it given the history's fascist leaders always, always ruled from the left.
    Aaaaaand here we have more whining about a sarcastic comment. Oh and look a lover to thank you for your whining too...

  2. #32
    Sage
    PeteEU's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Location
    Denmark
    Last Seen
    Today @ 07:36 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Centrist
    Posts
    29,089

    Re: Will Iran ever normalize relations w/U.S.?

    Will be hard. Not because of the "radicals" in Tehran, but because of the bad blood many people still have due to the Shah.

    You can claim what you want about the fanatics presently in Tehran are bad, but the Shah was far worse. His secret police are legendary and were modelled with US help after the SS and Gestapo. Torture and "disappearing's" was common place. The Shah's secret police made Saddam's look like a kindergarten. And since that the Shah was put in place by the US, funded by the US and held in place for a very long time by the US.. then frankly it will take a very long time for "normal relations" to happen... unless the US apologizes that is.
    PeteEU

  3. #33
    User
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Last Seen
    02-15-09 @ 04:04 PM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    77

    Re: Will Iran ever normalize relations w/U.S.?

    I have a question

    WILL AMERICA EVER NORMAILIZE RELATIONS WITH MUSLIMS????????
    apologies for teh bad sepeeling

  4. #34
    Banned
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Last Seen
    07-18-09 @ 04:56 AM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    1,041

    Re: Will Iran ever normalize relations w/U.S.?

    Maybe we don't like to kill Jews.

    Someone linked TruthOut trying to prove something ..LOL.
    Last edited by Triad; 02-14-09 at 06:36 PM.

  5. #35
    Reactor Janitor
    Joby's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Location
    Olympic Peninsula
    Last Seen
    10-24-17 @ 12:52 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Progressive
    Posts
    2,276

    Re: Will Iran ever normalize relations w/U.S.?

    Quote Originally Posted by quatrotritikali View Post
    And yes, the Iranian President mentioned "mutual respect", while in the next breath he basically tells the world that Iran could never "normalize" relations with the United States, as anti-Americanism has been a pillar of the Iranian state (since 1979). I take that to mean that so long as the Supreme Council rules Iran, no substantial positive progress will be made.
    Who's "he?" You're talking about two different people, the President and an Ayatollah.

    To say no substantial gains can be made has been a self-fulfilling prophecy. Maybe they won't.

    I don't think it matters much to Iran who the U.S. invaded.
    Then here is no logical reason it should matter to the US if Iran invades Israel.

    Hell, Iran and Iraq had been at odds with one another for years and years.
    So?

    As for Afghanistan, not even Iran had much to say about the U.S./Allied invasion of that country.
    The offered to open communication and even help, but then they were labeled in the Axis once our President forgot about Afghanistan.

    Anti-Iranianism? Is that even a word? The U.S. is not anti-Iran...just against the current Islamic govt. There is a big difference. The U.S. holds no ill will against the Iranian people.
    Oh, so now only Americans can have Anti put on front of it and it's still a word. Typical hubris.

    "The US holds no ill will against the Iranians people and when we dispatch thousands of cruise missiles on their cities it's for them"
    down for you is up

  6. #36
    Educator
    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Location
    Columbus, OH
    Last Seen
    12-18-11 @ 05:15 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Centrist
    Posts
    949

    Re: Will Iran ever normalize relations w/U.S.?

    Quote Originally Posted by Joby View Post
    Who's "he?" You're talking about two different people, the President and an Ayatollah.

    Geez, you really cannot read very well can you? I am not talking about two of anything, Joby. I'm talking about the President of Iran, which is Ahmadinejad...not the Ayatollah (who is the Spiritual Leader, along with the Supreme Council). And I have not mentioned the Ayatollah at all.
    It matters not how strait the gate,
    How charged with punishments the scroll,
    I am the master of my fate:
    I am the captain of my soul.

  7. #37
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Location
    The Beautiful Yadkin Valley
    Last Seen
    09-26-10 @ 08:47 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Conservative
    Posts
    2,219

    Re: Will Iran ever normalize relations w/U.S.?

    Quote Originally Posted by cheat3 View Post
    I have a question

    WILL AMERICA EVER NORMAILIZE RELATIONS WITH MUSLIMS????????
    With normal Muslims, yes. With radical Muslims, not so much.

  8. #38
    Banned
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Location
    Ventura California
    Last Seen
    11-15-11 @ 11:17 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    8,706

    Re: Will Iran ever normalize relations w/U.S.?

    Quote Originally Posted by PeteEU View Post
    Will be hard. Not because of the "radicals" in Tehran, but because of the bad blood many people still have due to the Shah.

    You can claim what you want about the fanatics presently in Tehran are bad, but the Shah was far worse. His secret police are legendary and were modelled with US help after the SS and Gestapo. Torture and "disappearing's" was common place. The Shah's secret police made Saddam's look like a kindergarten. And since that the Shah was put in place by the US, funded by the US and held in place for a very long time by the US.. then frankly it will take a very long time for "normal relations" to happen... unless the US apologizes that is.
    Your statements contain so many falsehoods where can anyone even begin other the recognizing your false rhetoric for what it is:

    "but the Shah was far worse"

    FALSE

    "His secret police are legendary and were modeled with US help after the SS and Gestapo"

    Beyond False bordering on lunatic.

    "The Shah's secret police made Saddam's look like a kindergarten"

    False.

    "And since that the Shah was put in place by the US, funded by the US and held in place for a very long time by the US"

    False.

    But again, with all this false rhetoric you cap it off with Ahmandinejad talking points suggesting that the US apologize for its support of the Shah without once mentioning the radical takeover of the US Embassy and false imprisonment of US citizens for the mere fact that they worked in the embassy and were US citizens.

    Your support of radical fringe elements of society is obvious based on your desperate false rhetoric without any historic perspective of the influences on Middle East policy and in Iran in your flagrant anti-American blather.

    Carry on; I look forward to many more hysterics about the evil American Empire and your desperate defense of terrorism.

  9. #39
    Banned
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Location
    Ventura California
    Last Seen
    11-15-11 @ 11:17 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    8,706

    Re: Will Iran ever normalize relations w/U.S.?

    Quote Originally Posted by cheat3 View Post
    I have a question

    WILL AMERICA EVER NORMAILIZE RELATIONS WITH MUSLIMS????????
    What relations are NOT normalized between the US and Muslims?

  10. #40
    Banned
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Location
    in a neocon's craw
    Last Seen
    04-24-17 @ 10:55 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Slightly Liberal
    Posts
    2,801

    Re: Will Iran ever normalize relations w/U.S.?

    Quote Originally Posted by Truth Detector View Post
    Your statements contain so many falsehoods where can anyone even begin other the recognizing your false rhetoric for what it is:

    "but the Shah was far worse"

    FALSE

    "His secret police are legendary and were modeled with US help after the SS and Gestapo"

    Beyond False bordering on lunatic.

    "The Shah's secret police made Saddam's look like a kindergarten"

    False.

    "And since that the Shah was put in place by the US, funded by the US and held in place for a very long time by the US"

    False.

    But again, with all this false rhetoric you cap it off with Ahmandinejad talking points suggesting that the US apologize for its support of the Shah without once mentioning the radical takeover of the US Embassy and false imprisonment of US citizens for the mere fact that they worked in the embassy and were US citizens.

    Your support of radical fringe elements of society is obvious based on your desperate false rhetoric without any historic perspective of the influences on Middle East policy and in Iran in your flagrant anti-American blather.

    Carry on; I look forward to many more hysterics about the evil American Empire and your desperate defense of terrorism.
    You'll have to provide your version of the truth to everything you claimed as false. Otherwise we can just chalk it up to another bull**** opposition post with no substance.

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •