Page 10 of 11 FirstFirst ... 891011 LastLast
Results 91 to 100 of 106

Thread: Key Witnesses to Be Interviewed in Prosecutor Firings

  1. #91
    Banned
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Location
    Ventura California
    Last Seen
    11-15-11 @ 11:17 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    8,706

    Re: Key Witnesses to Be Interviewed in Prosecutor Firings

    Quote Originally Posted by Middleground View Post
    Seems like TD, Phoenix and JMak would be perfectly okay with this.

    I bet they'd be ok with witch hunting the Repubs that didn't vote for the stimulus bill. That a show em.
    What a patently absurd thing to suggest; where have the three of us suggested we want our political opponents jailed? Oh yeah, we didn't. This is just more of the typical hyperbolic blather Liberals are known to use to support their weak positions that the facts and truth cannot substantiate for them.

    Carry on.

  2. #92
    Girthless
    RightinNYC's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Location
    New York, NY
    Last Seen
    01-23-11 @ 11:56 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Slightly Conservative
    Posts
    25,894

    Re: Key Witnesses to Be Interviewed in Prosecutor Firings

    Quote Originally Posted by JMak View Post
    Independent Thinker knew that you weren't making that point...this is his M.O., though...taking clear, plainly worded statements and cortorting them into wild positions that never could have reasonable distilled from the original comment.
    That hasn't been my experience with IT at all.

    Quote Originally Posted by aps View Post
    Okay, so here a portion of Mukasey's statement when he appointed the special prosecutor (the entire statement is in the link):

    This clears up things for me. He definitely states that the president can fire for no cause or any cause. However, he notes that the process was done improperly.

    I believe if anything comes out of this investigation (a criminal offense), it will be based upon the testimony provided by the DOJ employees (as lying before Congress is a criminal offense). JMO
    I agree that this was handled very poorly, and I do feel bad for the USA's who had their reputations tarnished. I also agree that there could be charges based on testimony to Congress, but I still don't see why anyone should have been called before Congress at all.
    People sleep peaceably in their beds at night only because rough men stand ready to do violence on their behalf.

  3. #93
    Banned
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Location
    Ventura California
    Last Seen
    11-15-11 @ 11:17 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    8,706

    Re: Key Witnesses to Be Interviewed in Prosecutor Firings

    Quote Originally Posted by aps View Post
    Sigh. Nothing the Republicans do ever amounts to anything illegal for you. You have ZERO credibility with me anymore, and I won't respond to your partisan hatredness anymore. Good luck to you.
    As opposed to your hyper-partisan hyperbole that desperately tries to suggest that everything the Republicans do IS illegal?

    How trite and simplistic. Then to compound the fact that you were owned, you claim hatredness (I love these made up words) and run away crying.

    Good lord, you are the poster child of the gullible left.

  4. #94
    Professor

    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Last Seen
    02-13-09 @ 05:15 PM
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    1,942

    Re: Key Witnesses to Be Interviewed in Prosecutor Firings

    Quote Originally Posted by RightinNYC View Post
    That hasn't been my experience with IT at all.
    Well, it's been mine and I was just pointing out another example.

    I agree that this was handled very poorly, and I do feel bad for the USA's who had their reputations tarnished. I also agree that there could be charges based on testimony to Congress, but I still don't see why anyone should have been called before Congress at all.
    Politics. Period. I mean, this is what we're talking about. I'm not sure why people are either so appalled by the investigations or gleeful about the potential of investigations and, yet, just cannot call it what it is...politics.

    I mean, wtf?

  5. #95
    Guru
    ADK_Forever's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Last Seen
    05-07-11 @ 09:26 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    3,706

    Re: Key Witnesses to Be Interviewed in Prosecutor Firings

    Quote Originally Posted by RightinNYC View Post
    The point of that anecdote wasn't to say "Oh, well Carter got away with it, so Bush should too." It was to highlight the fact that nobody questioned Carter because it was (and remains) well settled law that the president's power to fire US Attorneys is absolute.

    What happened with Carter was completely legal, despite how much it might seem improper or wrong. The same goes for the current situation.
    What an absolutely absurd argument! Do you use that same logic to state that if a tree falls in the forest, and nobody is around to hear it, that that proves it doesn’t make any noise. Oi vey!

    You guys are intentionally making this about the actual act of “firings” when you know full well that...
    THAT is not the issue.

    The issue is about whether the administration attempted to force those AGs to conduct their offices with politics in mind. THAT is illegal!

    If this happened under Carter then it too was illegal. Just because no legal action was taken only proves one thing... that no legal action was taken! Period! If I go faster than the speed limit and pass by a cop but, he doesn't pull me over and issue me a ticket ... THAT does NOT mean that I did NOT break the law! Wow!

    And, as I also pointed out, it is against “the rules” for Congressmen and women to contact AGs about “ANY” investigations. To do so may result in “obstructing justice” accusations. That’s sort of serious stuff! Just ask that treasonist liar Scooter Libby.

    For someone who accuses others of "running away" from issues you're doing a nice job of it yourself now!
    Thank You Barack Obama for Restoring Honor To The Presidency.
    President Obama will rank as one of our greatest presidents!

  6. #96
    Girthless
    RightinNYC's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Location
    New York, NY
    Last Seen
    01-23-11 @ 11:56 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Slightly Conservative
    Posts
    25,894

    Re: Key Witnesses to Be Interviewed in Prosecutor Firings

    Quote Originally Posted by ADK_Forever View Post
    What an absolutely absurd argument! Do you use that same logic to state that if a tree falls in the forest, and nobody is around to hear it, that that proves it doesn’t make any noise. Oi vey!
    Yes, that's exactly the logic I'm using.

    You guys are intentionally making this about the actual act of “firings” when you know full well that...
    THAT is not the issue.

    The issue is about whether the administration attempted to force those AGs to conduct their offices with politics in mind. THAT is illegal!


    If this happened under Carter then it too was illegal. Just because no legal action was taken only proves one thing... that no legal action was taken! Period! If I go faster than the speed limit and pass by a cop but, he doesn't pull me over and issue me a ticket ... THAT does NOT mean that I did NOT break the law! Wow!
    Reread the last 20 posts. Go ahead. I'll wait.


    And, as I also pointed out, it is against “the rules” for Congressmen and women to contact AGs about “ANY” investigations.
    Link to these "rules"?

    To do so may result in “obstructing justice” accusations.
    You're completely right that it may result in "obstructing justice accusations." Fortunately, accusations don't mean anything.

    That’s sort of serious stuff! Just ask that treasonist liar Scooter Libby.
    OMG you're right, the two situations are identical!

    For someone who accuses others of "running away" from issues you're doing a nice job of it yourself now!
    It's less "running away" and more "backing away slowly"
    People sleep peaceably in their beds at night only because rough men stand ready to do violence on their behalf.

  7. #97
    Bus Driver to Hell
    Thorgasm's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Last Seen
    12-06-17 @ 11:17 AM
    Lean
    Very Conservative
    Posts
    68,191

    Re: Key Witnesses to Be Interviewed in Prosecutor Firings

    Quote Originally Posted by RightinNYC View Post
    The point of that anecdote wasn't to say "Oh, well Carter got away with it, so Bush should too." It was to highlight the fact that nobody questioned Carter because it was (and remains) well settled law that the president's power to fire US Attorneys is absolute.

    What happened with Carter was completely legal, despite how much it might seem improper or wrong. The same goes for the current situation.
    Someone should have investigated the legal situation and made a law about it. It's unchecked power.
    Quote Originally Posted by faithful_servant View Post
    Being a psychiatric patient does not mean that you are mentally ill.



  8. #98
    Bus Driver to Hell
    Thorgasm's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Last Seen
    12-06-17 @ 11:17 AM
    Lean
    Very Conservative
    Posts
    68,191

    Re: Key Witnesses to Be Interviewed in Prosecutor Firings

    Quote Originally Posted by JMak View Post
    Well, it's been mine and I was just pointing out another example.
    How do you think people describe their experience with you?
    Quote Originally Posted by faithful_servant View Post
    Being a psychiatric patient does not mean that you are mentally ill.



  9. #99
    Guru
    ADK_Forever's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Last Seen
    05-07-11 @ 09:26 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    3,706

    Re: Key Witnesses to Be Interviewed in Prosecutor Firings

    Quote Originally Posted by RightinNYC View Post
    Yes, that's exactly the logic I'm using.
    Enuff said.

    Reread the last 20 posts. Go ahead. I'll wait.
    No thanks. If you can't read direct replies to your posts, I won't waste any more of my time with yours.

    Link to these "rules"?
    If you had read my post you would have seen it.

    You're completely right that it may result in "obstructing justice accusations." Fortunately, accusations don't mean anything.
    It boggles the mind how obtuse you are.

    OMG you're right, the two situations are identical!
    Did I say the situations were identical?

    It's less "running away" and more "backing away slowly"
    No, it's more of ignoring any argument that doesn't agree with your spins. You have no problem belittling others when you "assume" they haven't read your posts to inform themselves of your position. But, you don't even come close to holding yourself to the same standard.
    Thank You Barack Obama for Restoring Honor To The Presidency.
    President Obama will rank as one of our greatest presidents!

  10. #100
    Girthless
    RightinNYC's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Location
    New York, NY
    Last Seen
    01-23-11 @ 11:56 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Slightly Conservative
    Posts
    25,894

    Re: Key Witnesses to Be Interviewed in Prosecutor Firings

    Quote Originally Posted by ADK_Forever View Post
    Enuff said.
    Sarcasm: You fail it.

    No thanks. If you can't read direct replies to your posts, I won't waste any more of my time with yours.

    If you had read my post you would have seen it.

    It boggles the mind how obtuse you are.
    Look, it's incredibly obvious that you're out of your element. If you read the above posts, you will see very clearly that nothing that happened was against the law, save possibly the perjury allegations, if true. If you don't understand the law, don't try to tell everyone what it means. If you don't understand what legal words mean, don't use them. The fact that you don't understand this is not an indication that the rest of us are wrong.
    People sleep peaceably in their beds at night only because rough men stand ready to do violence on their behalf.

Page 10 of 11 FirstFirst ... 891011 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •