Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
Results 21 to 30 of 51

Thread: Teacher with Facebook gun photo remains on leave

  1. #21
    Bus Driver to Hell
    Thorgasm's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Last Seen
    12-14-17 @ 06:57 PM
    Lean
    Very Conservative
    Posts
    68,198

    Re: Teacher with Facebook gun photo remains on leave

    Quote Originally Posted by Rodney View Post
    It might in fact be a loaded gun,(figuratively speaking) to have an ultra liberal org like the ACLU involved at all. The suspension is bull, but to be expected, in light of the gun grab lobby and the teacher unions being siamese twins on such matters.
    Do you realize that the teacher's union represents the teacher?
    Quote Originally Posted by faithful_servant View Post
    Being a psychiatric patient does not mean that you are mentally ill.



  2. #22
    Advisor
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    Nashville/Little Mexico Tennessee
    Last Seen
    06-02-09 @ 12:20 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    523

    Re: Teacher with Facebook gun photo remains on leave

    Quote Originally Posted by independent_thinker2002 View Post
    Do you realize that the teacher's union represents the teacher?
    I know..., this one has some interesting twists to it. Law requires the teachers union to represent her . I`m just saying there are interesting twists in this one.

  3. #23
    Defender of the Faith
    ludahai's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2005
    Location
    Taichung, Taiwan - 2017 East Asian Games Candidate City
    Last Seen
    07-03-13 @ 02:22 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Conservative
    Posts
    10,320

    Re: Teacher with Facebook gun photo remains on leave

    This is a stupid decision by the school board, but there are a lot of things we DO NOT know.

    A few points.

    1. Was there anything in her contract about display in any form whatsoever the use of firearms?
    2. Where was the photo taken?
    3. How many years experience does she have and what are the tenure laws in her state?
    4. What are the rules in the school district regarding conduct outside the workplace.

    While I disagree with many of the things school boards do regarding teachers, when you become a public school teacher you know you come under higher, unfair scrutiny, and any and all actions will come under the microscope - whether it is legal or not.
    Semper Paratus
    Boston = City of Champions: Bruins 2011; Celtics 2008; Red Sox 2004, 2007; Patriots 2002, 2004, 2005
    Jon Huntsman for President

  4. #24
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    United States
    Last Seen
    01-21-16 @ 12:21 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    51,124

    Re: Teacher with Facebook gun photo remains on leave



    ...where's the problem again?

  5. #25
    User nightflyer's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Last Seen
    02-11-13 @ 10:40 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    23

    Re: Teacher with Facebook gun photo remains on leave

    You guys are a trip!!! I was serious about even the facebook thing!!!
    "The most radical revolutionary will become a conservative the day after the revolution."
    -Hannah Arendt

  6. #26
    Global Moderator
    I'm a Jedi Master, Yo

    CaptainCourtesy's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Last Seen
    Today @ 07:47 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    152,781

    Re: Teacher with Facebook gun photo remains on leave

    Quote Originally Posted by Dezaad View Post
    It seems to me that they would be defending the 1st amendment, here, rather than the 2nd.
    Thinking about it, I would agree to some extent. It is a lot about the 1st Amendment, but there is some of the 2nd mixed in.
    "Never fear. Him is here" - Captain Chaos (Dom DeLuise), Cannonball Run

    ====||:-D

    Quote Originally Posted by Wiseone View Post
    This is what I hate about politics the most, it turns people in snobbish egotistical self righteous dicks who allow their political beliefs, partisan attitudes, and 'us vs. them' mentality, to force them to deny reality.

    Quote Originally Posted by Navy Pride View Post
    You can't paint everone with the same brush.......It does not work tht way.


    Quote Originally Posted by Wessexman View Post
    See with you around Captain we don't even have to make arguments, as you already know everything .
    Quote Originally Posted by CriticalThought View Post
    Had you been born elsewhere or at a different time you may very well have chosen a different belief system.
    Quote Originally Posted by ernst barkmann View Post
    It a person has faith they dont need to convince another of it, and when a non believer is not interested in listening to the word of the lord, " you shake the dust from your sandels and move on"

  7. #27
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    United States
    Last Seen
    01-21-16 @ 12:21 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    51,124

    Re: Teacher with Facebook gun photo remains on leave

    Quote Originally Posted by CaptainCourtesy View Post
    Thinking about it, I would agree to some extent. It is a lot about the 1st Amendment, but there is some of the 2nd mixed in.
    This is purely my feeling and assumption of the person(s) who saw fault in the picture:

    It seems that such people are so insecure as to suggest a minor character flaw or even phobia. To look at the picture and feel so strongly that the gun is pointed at you, that the teacher is posing a real threat to your actual person, to me is beyond reason.

    I find it incredibly difficult to respect the opinion of someone who takes issue with the picture because I can't find a healthy fear or concern in that objection.

  8. #28
    Global Moderator
    I'm a Jedi Master, Yo

    CaptainCourtesy's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Last Seen
    Today @ 07:47 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    152,781

    Re: Teacher with Facebook gun photo remains on leave

    Quote Originally Posted by Jerry View Post
    This is purely my feeling and assumption of the person(s) who saw fault in the picture:

    It seems that such people are so insecure as to suggest a minor character flaw or even phobia. To look at the picture and feel so strongly that the gun is pointed at you, that the teacher is posing a real threat to your actual person, to me is beyond reason.

    I find it incredibly difficult to respect the opinion of someone who takes issue with the picture because I can't find a healthy fear or concern in that objection.
    I would agree. In fact, what kind of precedence does this set? Should all teachers who own a firearm be suspended? Aren't our schools short enough of good teachers?
    "Never fear. Him is here" - Captain Chaos (Dom DeLuise), Cannonball Run

    ====||:-D

    Quote Originally Posted by Wiseone View Post
    This is what I hate about politics the most, it turns people in snobbish egotistical self righteous dicks who allow their political beliefs, partisan attitudes, and 'us vs. them' mentality, to force them to deny reality.

    Quote Originally Posted by Navy Pride View Post
    You can't paint everone with the same brush.......It does not work tht way.


    Quote Originally Posted by Wessexman View Post
    See with you around Captain we don't even have to make arguments, as you already know everything .
    Quote Originally Posted by CriticalThought View Post
    Had you been born elsewhere or at a different time you may very well have chosen a different belief system.
    Quote Originally Posted by ernst barkmann View Post
    It a person has faith they dont need to convince another of it, and when a non believer is not interested in listening to the word of the lord, " you shake the dust from your sandels and move on"

  9. #29
    ANTI**ANTIFA
    ReverendHellh0und's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Location
    Temple of Solomon
    Last Seen
    12-15-17 @ 06:22 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    75,740

    Re: Teacher with Facebook gun photo remains on leave

    Quote Originally Posted by CaptainCourtesy View Post
    Idiotic school decision. Good to see the ACLU defending the 2nd Amendment.

    Don't get ahead of yourself here.


    They are defending the 1st, not the 2nd. This is a state ACLU not the National.
    Let evil swiftly befall those who have wrongly condemned us

  10. #30
    Advisor
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    Nashville/Little Mexico Tennessee
    Last Seen
    06-02-09 @ 12:20 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    523

    Re: Teacher with Facebook gun photo remains on leave

    Quote Originally Posted by Jerry View Post


    ...where's the problem again?
    I wonder if the picture was of her and "spot" ,in the field, waiting for an unwise phesant to jump... would there have been the antigun knee jerk she got from the more provocative photo shown? I know I`m going to get my clock cleaned for even asking, so have at it.

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •