Page 2 of 11 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
Results 11 to 20 of 105

Thread: CBO: Obama stimulus harmful over long haul

  1. #11
    Pathetic Douchebag
    Cilogy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Location
    Texas
    Last Seen
    10-10-14 @ 05:42 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    1,587

    Re: CBO: Obama stimulus harmful over long haul

    Quote Originally Posted by justone View Post
    Did I ever say anything that could lead one to the conclusion that I could ever say that over 50% of America doesn't pay taxes?

    You are an idioit and no sir.
    And you spelled idiot wrong.


  2. #12
    Banned
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Last Seen
    03-29-10 @ 12:03 AM
    Lean
    Very Conservative
    Posts
    3,379

    Re: CBO: Obama stimulus harmful over long haul

    Quote Originally Posted by Cilogy View Post
    I think the idea of spending a lot and investing in the rights things (exactly what this bill does) could probably increase GDP in the log run, not decrease it. .
    You think that you think. You are wrong. People who can think cannot say what you are saying because your speech contradicts to basics of thinking.


    Spending a lot contradicts to investing. Investing in right things contradicts to taking probabilities.


    And that is all in one short sentence of yours.

  3. #13
    Banned
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Last Seen
    03-29-10 @ 12:03 AM
    Lean
    Very Conservative
    Posts
    3,379

    Re: CBO: Obama stimulus harmful over long haul

    Quote Originally Posted by Cilogy View Post
    And you spelled idiot wrong.
    No, I did not. Please look carefully at my post and don't try to misquote me.





















    Yes I did, and I corrected misspelling. As you can see it changes nothing in your status.
    Last edited by justone; 02-07-09 at 12:20 AM.

  4. #14
    Sage
    First Thought's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Location
    DFW, Texas
    Last Seen
    12-01-10 @ 03:34 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    6,218

    Re: CBO: Obama stimulus harmful over long haul

    Quote Originally Posted by justone View Post
    I did. Does it change anything in your status?
    Every thread that JustOne pops into is Insta-win.
    "An error does not become truth by reason of multiplied propagation, nor does truth become error because nobody sees it." - Gandhi

  5. #15
    Girthless
    RightinNYC's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Location
    New York, NY
    Last Seen
    01-23-11 @ 11:56 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Slightly Conservative
    Posts
    25,894

    Re: CBO: Obama stimulus harmful over long haul

    Moderator's Warning:
    CBO: Obama stimulus harmful over long haul enough with the name calling
    People sleep peaceably in their beds at night only because rough men stand ready to do violence on their behalf.

  6. #16
    Guru

    Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Last Seen
    05-13-11 @ 09:01 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    4,075
    Blog Entries
    3

    Re: CBO: Obama stimulus harmful over long haul

    Indy posted(And thank you for your input. Now, if you will excuse us we'll go with the plan of the man we voted into office.)

    Unfortunately we have no choice.
    In much the same way that Bush made mistakes by not bothering to see what his decisions would be the cause of in the long run, much the same lack of forethought has gone into this (supposed) stimulus bill.

    It appears they (the Democrats) have not the slightest clue as to who will spend this cash, nor how, not even when or where.

    Now does that sound like responsible Government?

    To me it sounds like a President that has not the slightest idea of how to deal with the situation he finds himself, but believes that to go the way the US has always gone before, namely throw money at the problem until the problem is solved or goes away.
    Except that this time your Great Grandchildren will still be paying off the debt.
    However by that time the great man who advocated 'Change we can believe in' will be but a far distant memory footnote in history.

  7. #17
    Girthless
    RightinNYC's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Location
    New York, NY
    Last Seen
    01-23-11 @ 11:56 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Slightly Conservative
    Posts
    25,894

    Re: CBO: Obama stimulus harmful over long haul

    Quote Originally Posted by Indy View Post
    So..http://www.debatepolitics.com/newrep...y&p=1057915604.. over 50% of america doesn't pay taxes? You sir are an idiot.
    1. Nothing that he said indicated that he believed that 50% of Americans do not pay taxes.

    2. Facts: Even when only considering the 135.7 million tax returns that were filed reporting positive gross incomes, 43 million did not have any federal income tax liability. That's 36%. That means that there were only 92.7 million tax returns resulted in a federal tax payment. When you add in the 15 million people who do not file tax returns at all, 41% of the population does not pay federal income taxes.

    The Tax Foundation - Summary of Latest Federal Individual Income Tax Data

    The Tax Foundation - Number of Americans Paying Zero Federal Income Tax Grows to 43.4 Million

    PolitiFact | Thompson's tax numbers add up
    Last edited by RightinNYC; 02-07-09 at 01:02 AM.
    People sleep peaceably in their beds at night only because rough men stand ready to do violence on their behalf.

  8. #18
    Pathetic Douchebag
    Cilogy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Location
    Texas
    Last Seen
    10-10-14 @ 05:42 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    1,587

    Re: CBO: Obama stimulus harmful over long haul

    Quote Originally Posted by justone View Post
    You think that you think. You are wrong. People who can think cannot say what you are saying because your speech contradicts to basics of thinking.


    Spending a lot contradicts to investing. Investing in right things contradicts to taking probabilities.


    And that is all in one short sentence of yours.
    This has nothing to do with thinking, it has to do with the economic stimulus bill that is being debated about in the Senate right now. Remember?

    Spending does not contradict investing, because in order to invest you must spend. How else would the government invest in something? We may or may not reap the rewards in terms of money, but probably in terms of jobs, energy conservation, savings on car industry/oil industry, etc.


  9. #19
    Sage
    Harry Guerrilla's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    Not affiliated with other libertarians.
    Last Seen
    09-01-17 @ 02:38 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    28,955

    Re: CBO: Obama stimulus harmful over long haul

    Quote Originally Posted by RightinNYC View Post
    This actually surprised me quite a bit. The report notes that it will help GDP growth over the next two years, but the effect will trail off after that.
    The CBO and GAO are about the only two departments of the federal government worth a damn.

    I think it is the GAO that try's to tell a non captive audience that we are really about $53 trillion in debt.

    Remember folks that this "stimulus" is being added to the pile of crap debt for everyone roughly 30's and under.
    I was discovering that life just simply isn't fair and bask in the unsung glory of knowing that each obstacle overcome along the way only adds to the satisfaction in the end. Nothing great, after all, was ever accomplished by anyone sulking in his or her misery.
    —Adam Shepard

  10. #20
    Defender of the Faith
    ludahai's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2005
    Location
    Taichung, Taiwan - 2017 East Asian Games Candidate City
    Last Seen
    07-03-13 @ 02:22 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Conservative
    Posts
    10,320

    Re: CBO: Obama stimulus harmful over long haul

    Quote Originally Posted by justone View Post
    The name of it is “The Stabilization Fund”. The inventor of the Plan is Vladimr Putin, a PhD in macroeconomics.
    DOes anyone actually take you seriously? He studied in a university in a system with a completely FAILED economic system called the USSR.
    Semper Paratus
    Boston = City of Champions: Bruins 2011; Celtics 2008; Red Sox 2004, 2007; Patriots 2002, 2004, 2005
    Jon Huntsman for President

Page 2 of 11 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •