Page 9 of 11 FirstFirst ... 7891011 LastLast
Results 81 to 90 of 105

Thread: Fla. doctor investigated in badly botched abortion

  1. #81
    Banned
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Location
    Tiamat's better half
    Last Seen
    10-28-11 @ 01:41 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    15,998

    Re: Fla. doctor investigated in badly botched abortion

    Quote Originally Posted by Hatuey View Post
    The doctor involved violated the LEGAL considerations regarding his job. To make this an issue of whether or not abortion should be legal is ridiculous. Your attempt is see through. If a doctor goes beyond his position and starts using his practice to sell drugs does that mean that doctors should no longer be allowed to prescribe drugs to their patients? NO. It means that there are crooked people out there looking to make a buck. Nothing to do with a completely unrelated issue. What you and Jmak have tried to make this about is abortion. Not exactly what it is about. Which is a doctor who violated A) the law and B) the standards set in his field of his work.
    No it's not ridiculous.

    Find me one post in this entire thread where the response was:

    A) You know that dr. should have had better staff. The staff was ill equipped to handle the job.

    or

    B) Was the staff in this case properly licensed?

    or

    C) Did the clinic have up to date equipment. With up to date equipment this botched abortion might not have been botched.

    or even

    D) Did the clinic keep good records????

    THOSE are the reasons the dr. lost his license. He wasn't even in the building when the baby was tossed in a bio bag.

    No other criminal charges have been filed.

    The posters posting here mostly posted MURDER, HOMICIDE, HEINOUS, etc. Their problem, many of them pro-choicers, was the baby in the trash.

    That's not the issue the state had at all. The BIO HAZARD bag is where the baby would have gone had the abortion NOT been botched.

    So it is an abortion issue and a funny one at that because you don't regularly see many of these posters who are expressing outrage expressing anything but indifference to the fact that late term abortions are LEGAL in many mnay states. They also mostly expressed indifference to Obama's failure to feel a need to protect these babies who are accidentally born vs aborted.

  2. #82
    Sage
    DeeJayH's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Location
    Scooping Zeus' Poop
    Last Seen
    06-21-15 @ 03:52 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    11,728

    Re: Fla. doctor investigated in badly botched abortion

    Quote Originally Posted by talloulou View Post
    Yeah the 3D ultrasounds are incredibly cool.
    could we get an incredibly cool 3D ultrasound of the same baby after the abortion?

    Human Taxidermist - - now offering his services for all your loved ones
    Quote Originally Posted by jallman View Post
    How the hell did you just tie in a retroactive reparative measure with a proactive preventative measure. Not even close to being the same thing.

  3. #83
    Sage
    DeeJayH's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Location
    Scooping Zeus' Poop
    Last Seen
    06-21-15 @ 03:52 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    11,728

    Re: Fla. doctor investigated in badly botched abortion

    Quote Originally Posted by talloulou View Post
    THOSE are the reasons the dr. lost his license. He wasn't even in the building when the baby was tossed in a bio bag.
    those are the reasons they took his license
    it may have just been a convenient expedient way to revoke it
    it may have been about the murder of the child, tbd later by the proper authorities
    but for now his days are over, until he moves to another state

    Human Taxidermist - - now offering his services for all your loved ones
    Quote Originally Posted by jallman View Post
    How the hell did you just tie in a retroactive reparative measure with a proactive preventative measure. Not even close to being the same thing.

  4. #84
    Phoenecian
    Indy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Location
    Chicago
    Last Seen
    03-22-13 @ 04:36 PM
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    2,089

    Re: Fla. doctor investigated in badly botched abortion

    Quote Originally Posted by talloulou View Post
    The posters posting here mostly posted MURDER, HOMICIDE, HEINOUS, etc. Their problem, many of them pro-choicers, was the baby in the trash.

    That's not the issue the state had at all. The BIO HAZARD bag is where the baby would have gone had the abortion NOT been botched.
    Therein lies why as a general rule your side is typically ignored. On this forum who exactly has been making the argument that it would have been okay if the baby was still in the womb? Your side. Not mine. Don't try to twist our position just to make yourself feel better, it doesn't get you anything but ridicule.

    The people on this forum have been calling it murder and such, but as you've said, many of us are pro-choice, which means that you clearly have little idea of what a majority of pro-choicer's actually believe. Which is why, by the way, I made that comment earlier about how your side typically doesn't even care about "details" like what other's actually think about the issue, and instead sit on your high horse and condemn us for a stance we don't even hold.
    Affiant further sayeth not.

  5. #85
    Banned
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Location
    Tiamat's better half
    Last Seen
    10-28-11 @ 01:41 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    15,998

    Re: Fla. doctor investigated in badly botched abortion

    Quote Originally Posted by Indy View Post
    Therein lies why as a general rule your side is typically ignored. On this forum who exactly has been making the argument that it would have been okay if the baby was still in the womb? Your side. Not mine. Don't try to twist our position just to make yourself feel better, it doesn't get you anything but ridicule.

    The people on this forum have been calling it murder and such, but as you've said, many of us are pro-choice, which means that you clearly have little idea of what a majority of pro-choicer's actually believe. Which is why, by the way, I made that comment earlier about how your side typically doesn't even care about "details" like what other's actually think about the issue, and instead sit on your high horse and condemn us for a stance we don't even hold.
    So if I go back and read through the Obama threads where he felt no need to vote to protect born babies I'll find you and aps protesting?

    I doubt it.

  6. #86
    Phoenecian
    Indy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Location
    Chicago
    Last Seen
    03-22-13 @ 04:36 PM
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    2,089

    Re: Fla. doctor investigated in badly botched abortion

    Quote Originally Posted by talloulou View Post
    So if I go back and read through the Obama threads where he felt no need to vote to protect born babies I'll find you and aps protesting?

    I doubt it.
    If you truly went through the thread and was honest about it you would slink away and pretend you weren't even having this discussion because you'd see that his stance wasn't pro-late term abortion, it was against recreating an already existing law in a more confusing format.
    Affiant further sayeth not.

  7. #87
    Banned
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Location
    Tiamat's better half
    Last Seen
    10-28-11 @ 01:41 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    15,998

    Re: Fla. doctor investigated in badly botched abortion

    Quote Originally Posted by Indy View Post
    If you truly went through the thread and was honest about it you would slink away and pretend you weren't even having this discussion because you'd see that his stance wasn't pro-late term abortion, it was against recreating an already existing law in a more confusing format.
    Please he was the ONLY senator to speak in opposition to the bill. And if I recall correctly his thoughts can be summarized as he thought the bill was unconstitutional and wouldn't stand up because we can't force drs. to care for a pre-viable fetus born or unborn. I read his exact words when he made his opposition speech and it sounded like a resounding bunch of b.s.

    I'll paraphrase: "I'm Obama and I'm going to vote present on this because I vote present on most everything and this here is a waste of time because a pre-viable fetus isn't a person even when they're born and even if this was to be voted in I doubt it would stand up to constitutional scrutiny because a fetus is not a person inside or out of the womb and were we to declare it a person it would affect all abortions - not just the botched ones. This isn't about born or unborn it's about viability and if drs. are made to save little pre viable persons then abortion is done for and we know abortion isn't going anywhere so why bother with the bull****? "

  8. #88
    Filmmaker Lawyer Patriot
    Harshaw's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Last Seen
    Today @ 11:07 AM
    Lean
    Libertarian - Right
    Posts
    29,592

    Re: Fla. doctor investigated in badly botched abortion

    Quote Originally Posted by Indy View Post
    If you truly went through the thread and was honest about it you would slink away and pretend you weren't even having this discussion because you'd see that his stance wasn't pro-late term abortion, it was against recreating an already existing law in a more confusing format.
    If you go through the transcripts of what he said when it was being debated, you'll find that's not what what he was worried about.
    “Offing those rich pigs with their own forks and knives, and then eating a meal in the same room, far out! The Weathermen dig Charles Manson.”-- Bernadine Dohrn

  9. #89
    Banned
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Location
    Tiamat's better half
    Last Seen
    10-28-11 @ 01:41 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    15,998

    Re: Fla. doctor investigated in badly botched abortion


  10. #90
    Banned
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Location
    Tiamat's better half
    Last Seen
    10-28-11 @ 01:41 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    15,998

    Re: Fla. doctor investigated in badly botched abortion

    "if you think that there are possibilities that drs. would do that...." bwahahahaha

    That's pretty funny.

    I guess a big part of his opposition was drs. do the right thing and you're just trying to burden them by having another attending come on to the scene when an abortion is botched. It's unnecessary because I have confidence that the abortion dr. is gonna do the right thing.

    hee hee.

    I'm sorry but Obama's present vote on this is INDEFENSIBLE.

Page 9 of 11 FirstFirst ... 7891011 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •