Page 8 of 22 FirstFirst ... 67891018 ... LastLast
Results 71 to 80 of 212

Thread: On a tough day, Obama escapes for a while

  1. #71
    Professor
    shiznit770's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Location
    Naperville, IL
    Last Seen
    07-08-10 @ 07:09 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    1,393

    Re: On a tough day, Obama escapes for a while

    Quote Originally Posted by Reverend_Hellh0und View Post
    Exactly.... I hope you don't get bashed for it.
    Why would I get bashed for it?

  2. #72
    Sage
    Mach's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Location
    Texas
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 11:44 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Slightly Liberal
    Posts
    11,491

    Re: On a tough day, Obama escapes for a while

    I left my house yesterday because I was tired of being cooped up in it for days on end.

    What message is this sending to the man in the moon?

    I'm super serial.

    Funny thing is Bush was the laziest president, and Obama is back to working nights and weekends as Democrats tend to do when they have such a responsibility.

    Obama isn't a project manager, he's the CEO.
    If the CEO puts in over 40 hours a week, and works late nights/weekends, and during the day takes a 3 hour lunch to decompress, only a completely partisan attack hound would claim it was wrong, and they'd be shown to be absurd in doing so.
    Last edited by Mach; 02-04-09 at 04:52 PM.

  3. #73
    Bus Driver to Hell
    Thorgasm's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 06:57 PM
    Lean
    Very Conservative
    Posts
    68,198

    Re: On a tough day, Obama escapes for a while

    I think it's obvious why he went to visit 2nd graders. He was simply looking to hang out with people more mature than those in congress.
    Quote Originally Posted by faithful_servant View Post
    Being a psychiatric patient does not mean that you are mentally ill.



  4. #74
    Tavern Bartender
    Pussy Grabbin' Beaver
    Middleground's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    Canada's Capital
    Last Seen
    Today @ 07:11 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    22,458
    Blog Entries
    1

    Re: On a tough day, Obama escapes for a while

    Quote Originally Posted by Goobieman View Post
    What the Obamanistas won't admit is that if this were Bush, they'd be screaming at the top of their lungs.

    But, this is The Messiah. That means this is different.
    What the Bushkevites won't admit is that if this were Bush, they'd be singing his praises at the top of their lungs.

    But, this is King Dubya. That means this is different.

    See... I can play this game too!
    No men are anywhere, and Im allowed to go in, because Im the owner of the pageant and therefore Im inspecting it, Trump said... Is everyone OK? You know, theyre standing there with no clothes. Is everybody OK? And you see these incredible looking women, and so I sort of get away with things like that.

  5. #75
    Banned Goobieman's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Last Seen
    03-22-15 @ 02:36 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Conservative
    Posts
    17,343

    Re: On a tough day, Obama escapes for a while

    Quote Originally Posted by Middleground View Post
    What the Bushkevites won't admit is that if this were Bush, they'd be singing his praises at the top of their lungs.

    But, this is King Dubya. That means this is different.

    See... I can play this game too!
    Yes - but you aren't very good at it, as evidenced by your lame attempt at misdirection, above.

    The fact you're trying to obscure here is that you -would- criticize Bush, but are more than happy to give Obama a pass for the same thing.

    Disagree?

    Criticize Obama.

  6. #76
    Equal Opportunity Hater
    obvious Child's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Location
    0.0, -2.3 on the Political Compass
    Last Seen
    12-09-14 @ 11:36 PM
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    19,883

    Re: On a tough day, Obama escapes for a while

    Quote Originally Posted by Reverend_Hellh0und View Post
    If one of my project managers bolted for a few hours during a cutover because it was too much for him, I would fire him.
    This seems highly questionable. A burnt out project manager will produce sub-par results which is no good to you or anyone else. The notion that no one should take any breaks at any time is pretty ridiculous. Burnt out project managers often are extremely hard on your staff, which reduces your retention rate, which causes you to spend even more money on hiring new employees and training them. Burnt out project managers are bad project managers. Best business practices seeks to retain good employees by not burning them out. KPMG realizing its 50% turnover rate in staff was not a good thing has enacted over the past couple years new policies to reduce workloads during specific times and increase time spent not on the job.

    Thus, I find your statement extremely dubious given business best practices and viable long term growth.
    "If your opponent is of choleric temperament, seek to irritate him." - Sun Tzu

  7. #77
    ANTI**ANTIFA
    ReverendHellh0und's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Location
    Temple of Solomon
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 06:23 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    75,680

    Re: On a tough day, Obama escapes for a while

    Quote Originally Posted by Zyphlin View Post
    Except that's not the explaination given by Obama. Its one speculated about and made up by some random ass AP reporter that, most likely, if this was about Bush would've been lambasted by the majority of republicans on this thread for daring to make **** up about the President.

    "We were just tired of being in the White House," the president candidly told the gleeful second-graders at Capital City Public Charter School.


    So what Obama says is now not what he means?


    Obama's explanation was that he wanted to get out of the White House for a bit. That's it. YOU and the AP report ASSUME its because its "so tough", but he never says that. The reason could be that he's been working hours upon hours and wanted a break from all the executive stuff for a bit.

    IE "TOO Tough"

    The reason could be that he's been in the same general rooms for hours on end, days on end, and wanted to do something else. It could be that he had some time where nothing was immedietely pressing and his wife wanted to go do something. It could be dozens of reasons.
    The latter ok. The former "too tough"


    Now you can say its judgement, that it gives the "impression". No, it doesn't, not to the majority of people. You can even look at this thread and it doesn't give that impression to the majority of posters here. It gives the impression to some random ass AP reporter trying to make a story, and a few hyper partisans that would take ANYTHING he does and try to turn it into something that's a lack of judgement, so it wouldn't have mattered if he went, didn't go, commented, didn't comment, etc.

    Actually its right down partisan lines. It gives a bad impression. It is not a huge thing but it is a thing.




    They hypocracy of some people on this thread and in the republican party right now blasting Obama for not looking "presidential" because he visited a school for a few hours and said he wanted to get out of the white house. This same type of republican who routinely defended Bush's trips to the ranch and said people making fun of him for talking funny or saying stupid things were being anti american or traitorous or some other kind of thing.

    Nothing to do with the school. Had to do with the impression

    ""We were just tired of being in the White House," the president candidly told the gleeful second-graders at Capital City Public Charter School.


    just as bad as bomb bomb Iran gives a bad impression.



    Oh wait, did I out non partisan you right there.
    Let evil swiftly befall those who have wrongly condemned us

  8. #78
    ANTI**ANTIFA
    ReverendHellh0und's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Location
    Temple of Solomon
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 06:23 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    75,680

    Re: On a tough day, Obama escapes for a while

    Quote Originally Posted by obvious Child View Post
    This seems highly questionable. A burnt out project manager will produce sub-par results which is no good to you or anyone else. The notion that no one should take any breaks at any time is pretty ridiculous. Burnt out project managers often are extremely hard on your staff, which reduces your retention rate, which causes you to spend even more money on hiring new employees and training them. Burnt out project managers are bad project managers. Best business practices seeks to retain good employees by not burning them out. KPMG realizing its 50% turnover rate in staff was not a good thing has enacted over the past couple years new policies to reduce workloads during specific times and increase time spent not on the job.

    Thus, I find your statement extremely dubious given business best practices and viable long term growth.



    What nonsense.


    Where did I say "no breaks".... Seriously, are you really going to make up my point then argue it? Please....


    And even if one of my project managers can't handle the stress and needs to cut out, fine. But you don't announce it to the customer.



    Oh and I have the same project managers I had when I started using them.
    Let evil swiftly befall those who have wrongly condemned us

  9. #79
    Equal Opportunity Hater
    obvious Child's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Location
    0.0, -2.3 on the Political Compass
    Last Seen
    12-09-14 @ 11:36 PM
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    19,883

    Re: On a tough day, Obama escapes for a while

    Quote Originally Posted by Reverend_Hellh0und View Post
    What nonsense.

    Where did I say "no breaks".... Seriously, are you really going to make up my point then argue it? Please.
    No such thing. As Zyphlin clearly pointed out, you took what was a simple break and turned it into something it wasn't. Now, if we properly look at what it actually was rather then your hyperpartisan methamphetamine fueled take on it, my point is quite valid. If you have any actual counterargument rather then mindless chatter, please feel free to make it.

    And even if one of my project managers can't handle the stress and needs to cut out, fine. But you don't announce it to the customer.
    But you said you're fire them. Changing your tune aren't you?

    Oh and I have the same project managers I had when I started using them.
    Whatever you say.

    You don't fire an otherwise competent manager because he got burnt out. You send him on vacation.

    Best Business Practices. You may want to follow them in the future. You know, for long term growth?
    "If your opponent is of choleric temperament, seek to irritate him." - Sun Tzu

  10. #80
    Global Moderator
    Moderator

    Zyphlin's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    NoMoAuchie
    Last Seen
    @
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    47,990

    Re: On a tough day, Obama escapes for a while

    Its rather simple.

    He said he was tired of being in the White House.

    Obama never said he needed to escape cause it was too tough, or that he was over whelmed, or anything about it. Its something made up and assumed by this AP reporter and reverend.

    Yes, if he said "I'm overwhelmed by my work and its too tough, so I needed out of the white house" I'd agree with reverend. The thing is, that's not what he said in any reality other than in RHH's head.

Page 8 of 22 FirstFirst ... 67891018 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •