Page 4 of 22 FirstFirst ... 2345614 ... LastLast
Results 31 to 40 of 212

Thread: On a tough day, Obama escapes for a while

  1. #31
    Androgyne
    Dr_Patrick's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    Montana
    Last Seen
    12-16-15 @ 11:50 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    9,349
    Blog Entries
    7

    Re: On a tough day, Obama escapes for a while

    Quote Originally Posted by Reverend_Hellh0und View Post
    Extremist logic. FAIL.

    You have to chose from two executives. One runs out in the middle of a meeting to "take a break".

    Who are you going to hire?
    Yeah, because that's exactly the same. Taking a few hours away from the White House is totally the same as walking out in the middle of a meeting

    And to quote you: Extremist logic. FAIL

    Meh whatever makes you happy.
    Thanks. It does make me happy.

  2. #32
    Enemy Combatant
    Kandahar's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    Washington, DC
    Last Seen
    10-15-13 @ 08:47 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    20,688

    Re: On a tough day, Obama escapes for a while

    Quote Originally Posted by Reverend_Hellh0und View Post
    Extremist logic. FAIL.


    You have to chose from two executives. One runs out in the middle of a meeting to "take a break".


    Who are you going to hire?
    ORLY
    Was Obama in the Situation Room with the Joint Chiefs when he suddenly walked out and went to visit this school?

    You're being a moron right now. Furthermore, you KNOW you're being a moron. And yet you play the victim when people state that obvious fact.
    Are you coming to bed?
    I can't. This is important.
    What?
    Someone is WRONG on the internet! -XKCD

  3. #33
    Passionate
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Last Seen
    03-07-11 @ 04:35 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    15,675

    Re: On a tough day, Obama escapes for a while

    Quote Originally Posted by Reverend_Hellh0und View Post
    Fail. He snuck out because it got too much. It shows weakness.







    REally? 2 posts for you to go personal?
    Oh, but your calling Kandahar obtuse isn't going personal.

  4. #34
    Banned
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Location
    Tiamat's better half
    Last Seen
    10-28-11 @ 01:41 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    15,998

    Re: On a tough day, Obama escapes for a while

    The White House said the Obamas' trip had been planned, just not publicly announced.
    Obama doesn't sneak out anywhere. I'm sure every move he makes is preplanned and this one - according to your article- was preplanned as well. The school trip was on the schedule.

    The joking about making a getaway, an escape, was joking. I'm sure the trip to school was a welcome reprieve. Who can blame 'em?

  5. #35
    Professor
    WillRockwell's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Last Seen
    07-10-10 @ 09:48 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    1,950

    Re: On a tough day, Obama escapes for a while

    Quote Originally Posted by American View Post
    Remember when the liberals were bashing Bush for going on "vacation" all the time. This pussy has been in office for a week and already he needs one.
    I have absolutely no desire to comment on this, just wanted to reprint it to give you the opportunity to enjoy the backslapping cameraderie with your Freeper buddies a few moments longer.

  6. #36
    Global Moderator
    Moderator

    Zyphlin's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    NoMoAuchie
    Last Seen
    @
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    47,971

    Re: On a tough day, Obama escapes for a while

    Quote Originally Posted by Reverend_Hellh0und View Post
    Hmm, is the presidency too tough for Mr. Obama? I think this is another poor judgment call on the Presidents part. What Message is this sending to the American people?
    To average americans. Nothing besides Obama deciding he wanted to get out of the White House where he's probably been non stop almost for 2 weeks and visit a local school. It'll likely get ignored by most media, rightly so, and those that do pick it up will likely have people focusing on the fact he visited some kids.

    To democrats, they won't care.

    To republicans, they may speculate he left because it was a "tough day", but there's no proof of that at all and most probably will think this is about as big of an issue as what tooth paste he uses in the morning.

    To hyper partisans looking for any excuse to whine, complain, bitch, and moan...the type that would've lambasted anyone daring to bring this kind of tripe up about Bush...they'll probably over react about it, thus ruining any chance people give a damn about the good things they say because they come up with bull****, pointless, worthless things to get upset about like this.

    That's how this will look to the American People.

    To me its a non issue, over blown by this collumnist based on nothing but idle speculation, that is idiotic to even talk about and has absolutely 0 to do with his judgement.

  7. #37
    Advisor Keorythe's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Location
    Texas
    Last Seen
    08-05-14 @ 03:27 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    440

    Re: On a tough day, Obama escapes for a while

    Wow, this one really flew over the heads of the Obama apologists here.

    This is the age of information. Everything you say to the media and the context of how you say it is of upmost importance. Had Pres. Obama merely gone to the school without saying anything there wouldn't be an issue. Instead the boob went and made a comment that made him look like he was already showing cracks in his demeanor due to stress. I made him look weak and while some of the joe average might want to claim "ah he's just human and showing it", that same reason isn't going to be picked up by other entities out there. Having a family is no longer an excuse.

    Showing weakness as such is what leads hostile factions to up the ante and cost American lives. Intelligence agencies compile this kind of stuff and create profiles on individuals. Its what prolongs a fight whether military or economic because the other side has reason to believe that the US president won't be able to handle a long term campaign.

    At best, we can just claim this to be a rookie mistake and maybe it was. But his press secretary needs to coach him better to shut the hole under his nose.
    Freedom is... never more than one generation away from extinction. Every generation has to learn how to protect and defend it, or itís gone and gone for a long, long time- Ronald Reagan

  8. #38
    Enemy Combatant
    Kandahar's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    Washington, DC
    Last Seen
    10-15-13 @ 08:47 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    20,688

    Re: On a tough day, Obama escapes for a while

    Quote Originally Posted by Keorythe View Post
    Wow, this one really flew over the heads of the Obama apologists here.

    This is the age of information. Everything you say to the media and the context of how you say it is of upmost importance. Had Pres. Obama merely gone to the school without saying anything there wouldn't be an issue. Instead the boob went and made a comment that made him look like he was already showing cracks in his demeanor due to stress. I made him look weak and while some of the joe average might want to claim "ah he's just human and showing it", that same reason isn't going to be picked up by other entities out there. Having a family is no longer an excuse.

    Showing weakness as such is what leads hostile factions to up the ante and cost American lives. Intelligence agencies compile this kind of stuff and create profiles on individuals. Its what prolongs a fight whether military or economic because the other side has reason to believe that the US president won't be able to handle a long term campaign.

    At best, we can just claim this to be a rookie mistake and maybe it was. But his press secretary needs to coach him better to shut the hole under his nose.
    You're right. Obama taking a couple hours away from the White House to visit a school will undoubtedly get Americans killed. Now was there anything else?
    Are you coming to bed?
    I can't. This is important.
    What?
    Someone is WRONG on the internet! -XKCD

  9. #39
    ANTI**ANTIFA
    ReverendHellh0und's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Location
    Temple of Solomon
    Last Seen
    Today @ 05:01 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    75,571

    Re: On a tough day, Obama escapes for a while

    Quote Originally Posted by aps View Post
    Oh, but your calling Kandahar obtuse isn't going personal.


    Did I call him or his argument obtuse.
    Let evil swiftly befall those who have wrongly condemned us

  10. #40
    Professor
    shiznit770's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Location
    Naperville, IL
    Last Seen
    07-08-10 @ 07:09 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    1,393

    Re: On a tough day, Obama escapes for a while

    Quote Originally Posted by Keorythe View Post
    Wow, this one really flew over the heads of the Obama apologists here.

    This is the age of information. Everything you say to the media and the context of how you say it is of upmost importance. Had Pres. Obama merely gone to the school without saying anything there wouldn't be an issue. Instead the boob went and made a comment that made him look like he was already showing cracks in his demeanor due to stress. I made him look weak and while some of the joe average might want to claim "ah he's just human and showing it", that same reason isn't going to be picked up by other entities out there. Having a family is no longer an excuse.

    Showing weakness as such is what leads hostile factions to up the ante and cost American lives. Intelligence agencies compile this kind of stuff and create profiles on individuals. Its what prolongs a fight whether military or economic because the other side has reason to believe that the US president won't be able to handle a long term campaign.

    At best, we can just claim this to be a rookie mistake and maybe it was. But his press secretary needs to coach him better to shut the hole under his nose.
    I agree, the issue here is with his poor judgment of comment, not the visit or spontaneity of it.

Page 4 of 22 FirstFirst ... 2345614 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •