Page 17 of 22 FirstFirst ... 71516171819 ... LastLast
Results 161 to 170 of 212

Thread: On a tough day, Obama escapes for a while

  1. #161
    Global Moderator
    Moderator

    Zyphlin's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    NoMoAuchie
    Last Seen
    @
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    47,971

    Re: On a tough day, Obama escapes for a while

    First, you also out-strawmaned yourself by this obvious strawman you're created.

    I've never said image wasn't important. I said THIS action by Obama doesn't hurt his image by the majority of Americans and the only people thinking he's done anything wrong in doing this are hyper partisans that simply do nothing but look for a reason to bitch, whine, and complain about him.

    But I never said image wasn't important. Just that your ****ty example was.

    Second, sorry, I know this must really get you hot and angry Reverend, but I don't view this forum as a contest. Its not some big dick comparison contest to me. I'm not here to duke it out digitally with posters to see whose junk is bigger. Its not some big game where people are keeping score, despite your juvenile attitude about it so much. I'm not trying to "out non-partisan" anyone, actually I'm not trying to be non-partisan nor bipartisan. I've admitted, i'm partisan to the right. My views are to the right. I am a conservative, my world view is conservative. What I urge people to be, and more important what I try to be about myself, is to be consistant, objective, and intellectually honest. That I can look at two situations that are exactly the same save for one has a (D) and one has an (R) and I'd view it the same way not because I'm trying to be "non-partisan", but I actually give a damn about my principles and don't just use them as an excuse to not admit to being HYPERpartisan.

    You're not "out non-partisaning" anyone because no one is playing any stupid ass game with you.

  2. #162
    Banned Goobieman's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Last Seen
    03-22-15 @ 02:36 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Conservative
    Posts
    17,343

    Re: On a tough day, Obama escapes for a while

    Quote Originally Posted by winston53660 View Post
    He certainly went on vacation a lot.
    No more than anyone else.

    What President Took the Longest Vacation? (And Other Fun Facts)

    The selective memory of the left is amazing at times.

  3. #163
    ANTI**ANTIFA
    ReverendHellh0und's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Location
    Temple of Solomon
    Last Seen
    Today @ 05:01 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    75,571

    Re: On a tough day, Obama escapes for a while

    Quote Originally Posted by winston53660 View Post
    He certainly went on vacation a lot.


    Now see there is a difference. And when Obama goes on planned vacations to the chicago white house. I won't have a problem with it.


    Though I may start a thread on how you all got after bush for it and how you all ignore Obama doing it. But we will save this for later.
    Let evil swiftly befall those who have wrongly condemned us

  4. #164
    Professor
    shiznit770's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Location
    Naperville, IL
    Last Seen
    07-08-10 @ 07:09 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    1,393

    Re: On a tough day, Obama escapes for a while

    Quote Originally Posted by Goobieman View Post
    Someone can't handle the truth.
    You want to know the truth?

    You're entire purpose here is to put people and their arguments down, never offering anything of your own. You're a troll.

    Why? Because you are unable to put forward any of your own for fear of failure. Instead you hide behind obscure criticism and nonsense. You're presence here is worthless as is your contribution.

  5. #165
    Banned Goobieman's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Last Seen
    03-22-15 @ 02:36 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Conservative
    Posts
    17,343

    Re: On a tough day, Obama escapes for a while

    Quote Originally Posted by shiznit770 View Post
    You want to know the truth?
    That the President is NOT directly elected by the people?
    Yes. -I- know that. You? Not so much.

  6. #166
    ANTI**ANTIFA
    ReverendHellh0und's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Location
    Temple of Solomon
    Last Seen
    Today @ 05:01 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    75,571

    Re: On a tough day, Obama escapes for a while

    Quote Originally Posted by Zyphlin View Post
    First, you also out-strawmaned yourself by this obvious strawman you're created.

    I've never said image wasn't important. I said THIS action by Obama doesn't hurt his image by the majority of Americans and the only people thinking he's done anything wrong in doing this are hyper partisans that simply do nothing but look for a reason to bitch, whine, and complain about him.

    But I never said image wasn't important. Just that your ****ty example was.

    Second, sorry, I know this must really get you hot and angry Reverend, but I don't view this forum as a contest. Its not some big dick comparison contest to me. I'm not here to duke it out digitally with posters to see whose junk is bigger. Its not some big game where people are keeping score, despite your juvenile attitude about it so much. I'm not trying to "out non-partisan" anyone, actually I'm not trying to be non-partisan nor bipartisan. I've admitted, i'm partisan to the right. My views are to the right. I am a conservative, my world view is conservative. What I urge people to be, and more important what I try to be about myself, is to be consistant, objective, and intellectually honest. That I can look at two situations that are exactly the same save for one has a (D) and one has an (R) and I'd view it the same way not because I'm trying to be "non-partisan", but I actually give a damn about my principles and don't just use them as an excuse to not admit to being HYPERpartisan.

    You're not "out non-partisaning" anyone because no one is playing any stupid ass game with you.



    I will let you reconsider this post. I was teasing you on "out non-partisaning" you. hence the



    I am not angry, and right up until now I thought we were having a good discussion.


    My bad.




    Let evil swiftly befall those who have wrongly condemned us

  7. #167
    Professor
    shiznit770's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Location
    Naperville, IL
    Last Seen
    07-08-10 @ 07:09 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    1,393

    Re: On a tough day, Obama escapes for a while

    Quote Originally Posted by Goobieman View Post
    That the President is NOT directly elected by the people?
    Yes. -I- know that. You? Not so much.
    Troll elsewhere Goobieman.

  8. #168
    Sage

    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Last Seen
    09-24-17 @ 04:38 AM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    29,261

    Re: On a tough day, Obama escapes for a while

    Quote Originally Posted by Reverend_Hellh0und View Post
    Now see there is a difference. And when Obama goes on planned vacations to the chicago white house. I won't have a problem with it.
    I know he had the "red button" with him in Crawford as well as access to what ever else he needs to conduct government business. With Bush's vacation image you should be screaming at the top of your lungs since image is everything to you...at least in this thread

  9. #169
    Sage
    Hatuey's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Last Seen
    Today @ 07:30 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Moderate
    Posts
    42,039

    Re: On a tough day, Obama escapes for a while

    Quote Originally Posted by Reverend_Hellh0und View Post
    13th? do not most all schools end at the 12th? then off to college?
    That went so far over your head it's not even a joke anymore. Disturbing how some people can be as thick as lard.

    But anyway..... even a 6th grader can understand how image is important for the potus.... sorry you are struggling.
    Even a 6th grade can understand how image is important to the potus? I'm guessing that's why they didn't have follow up questions like 'So does this mean you can't handle being president?' or 'Does that mean you're overwhelmed?'. I guess most of those kids were just surprised the President showed up at their school. Seriously you're going at Chinese chop sticks here.

    But here let's look at your news report :

    The White House said the Obamas' trip had been planned, just not publicly announced.
    With little notice, the president and first lady Michelle Obama bolted the gated compound of 1600 Pennsylvania Ave. in their tank of a limousine on Tuesday.
    Since when have you know the president of the U.S. to do ANYTHING with little notice? Do you think the secret service doesn't need time to plan routes, strategies in case of an attack etc?
    Last edited by Hatuey; 02-05-09 at 12:20 PM.
    I refuse to accept the view that mankind is so tragically bound to the starless midnight of racism and war that the bright daybreak of peace and brotherhood can never become a reality. - MLK

  10. #170
    Banned Goobieman's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Last Seen
    03-22-15 @ 02:36 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Conservative
    Posts
    17,343

    Re: On a tough day, Obama escapes for a while

    Quote Originally Posted by shiznit770 View Post
    Troll elsewhere Goobieman.
    I'm sorry -- is that an admission that you were, indeed, wrong?

Page 17 of 22 FirstFirst ... 71516171819 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •