Page 11 of 22 FirstFirst ... 91011121321 ... LastLast
Results 101 to 110 of 212

Thread: On a tough day, Obama escapes for a while

  1. #101
    ANTI**ANTIFA
    ReverendHellh0und's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Location
    Temple of Solomon
    Last Seen
    Today @ 09:17 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    75,502

    Re: On a tough day, Obama escapes for a while

    Quote Originally Posted by independent_thinker2002 View Post
    I'm sure you can find a thread you started criticizing Bush's brush clearing then.


    Irrellevant Red Herring.
    Let evil swiftly befall those who have wrongly condemned us

  2. #102
    Global Moderator
    Moderator

    Zyphlin's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    NoMoAuchie
    Last Seen
    @
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    47,968

    Re: On a tough day, Obama escapes for a while

    Quote Originally Posted by Goobieman View Post
    Had Bush done this, the noise from the left would wake the dead.
    You say that those saying "And the right would've complained about how its no big deal" are wrong simply because Reverend said "no I didn't".

    Yet we have someone from the left saying "no, I wouldn't make noise over this if Bush did it".

    So, do you have proof you can provide that if Bush had done this the left would wake the dead? Or do you have no more proof they would do it than they have that the right would complain about it, IE anecdotal evidence?

  3. #103
    ANTI**ANTIFA
    ReverendHellh0und's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Location
    Temple of Solomon
    Last Seen
    Today @ 09:17 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    75,502

    Re: On a tough day, Obama escapes for a while

    Quote Originally Posted by americanwoman View Post
    This is bull****! How dare he take a break!! I mean by law I am allowed 2 breaks and a lunch during my day shift, I would expect more from the guy at the top, like no breaks and no lunch, and certainly no time to visit with children. It's an abomination and I hope we can all agree that taking breaks is distasteful, I mean it's not like we're in the United States of America or something......




    Irrellevant to my point. Please review the thread for my position, thank you,.
    Let evil swiftly befall those who have wrongly condemned us

  4. #104
    Global Moderator
    Moderator

    Zyphlin's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    NoMoAuchie
    Last Seen
    @
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    47,968

    Re: On a tough day, Obama escapes for a while

    Yes, if he said what the AP writer implied he said, that he took the b reak because it was too tough and he was over whelmed, it would be a bad thing to say publicly.

    Because the AP reporter took an innocent, normal, completely pointless statement and twisted it into something wholely different than what was actually said, it makes me believe that the AP reporter was a hack that didn't have a good story so would grasp onto ANYTHING to contort, distort, and misrepresent to create a "story" that he could attack Obama with. As such, unless Obama locked himself in his office 24/7 I imagine this guy would've came up with a hit piece against him and even then he probably would've said that the man is "ducking" the media or something during this "trying" time. As such, I do not believe this was a sign of bad judgement on Obama's part as I believe he was the target of an unscrupulous hack reporter simply trying to create a hit piece and would've done such no matter what.

    I think the poor judgement falls squarely on the people that give any credance to and attempts to make a story out of the writing of a hack reporter out to make a hit piece without any care for legitimate news or actual accurate reporting.

  5. #105
    dangerously addictive
    americanwoman's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    Somewhere over the rainbow
    Last Seen
    Today @ 11:44 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    17,422

    Re: On a tough day, Obama escapes for a while

    Quote Originally Posted by Reverend_Hellh0und View Post
    Irrellevant to my point. Please review the thread for my position, thank you,.
    This isn't about you or your point. The premise of the thread is about Obama leaving office for awhile, no? Or is this thread about what you think of it? Like, everyone has to respond to your point or their opinion is irrelevant, got it.

  6. #106
    Bus Driver to Hell
    Thorgasm's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 12:12 PM
    Lean
    Very Conservative
    Posts
    68,194

    Re: On a tough day, Obama escapes for a while

    Quote Originally Posted by Reverend_Hellh0und View Post
    Irrellevant Red Herring.
    You gave the impression that you would give him the same exact treatment. It's your fish. You brought it to dinner.
    Quote Originally Posted by faithful_servant View Post
    Being a psychiatric patient does not mean that you are mentally ill.



  7. #107
    Bus Driver to Hell
    Thorgasm's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 12:12 PM
    Lean
    Very Conservative
    Posts
    68,194

    Re: On a tough day, Obama escapes for a while

    Quote Originally Posted by Zyphlin View Post
    Yes, if he said what the AP writer implied he said, that he took the b reak because it was too tough and he was over whelmed, it would be a bad thing to say publicly.

    Because the AP reporter took an innocent, normal, completely pointless statement and twisted it into something wholely different than what was actually said, it makes me believe that the AP reporter was a hack that didn't have a good story so would grasp onto ANYTHING to contort, distort, and misrepresent to create a "story" that he could attack Obama with. As such, unless Obama locked himself in his office 24/7 I imagine this guy would've came up with a hit piece against him and even then he probably would've said that the man is "ducking" the media or something during this "trying" time. As such, I do not believe this was a sign of bad judgement on Obama's part as I believe he was the target of an unscrupulous hack reporter simply trying to create a hit piece and would've done such no matter what.

    I think the poor judgement falls squarely on the people that give any credance to and attempts to make a story out of the writing of a hack reporter out to make a hit piece without any care for legitimate news or actual accurate reporting.
    Is this an example of the liberal media creating the news?
    Quote Originally Posted by faithful_servant View Post
    Being a psychiatric patient does not mean that you are mentally ill.



  8. #108
    ANTI**ANTIFA
    ReverendHellh0und's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Location
    Temple of Solomon
    Last Seen
    Today @ 09:17 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    75,502

    Re: On a tough day, Obama escapes for a while

    Quote Originally Posted by americanwoman View Post
    This isn't about you or your point. The premise of the thread is about Obama leaving office for awhile, no? Or is this thread about what you think of it? Like, everyone has to respond to your point or their opinion is irrelevant, got it.



    Sure it is. I started the thread, and I posted my opinion.



    What you post is not the premise of the thread.


    The premise and Zyph, this addresses your post as well. Is the image it casts.

    A reporter ran with it. Whos fault is that? Obama made the statments.


    If a reporter can do it. So could say the iranian president. Now ahmonajihad thinks Obama is weak. How is that helping with negotiations...


    Images and appearances...


    Its not a huge thing. just a discussion.
    Last edited by ReverendHellh0und; 02-04-09 at 05:50 PM.
    Let evil swiftly befall those who have wrongly condemned us

  9. #109
    Professor
    WillRockwell's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Last Seen
    07-10-10 @ 09:48 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    1,950

    Re: On a tough day, Obama escapes for a while

    Quote Originally Posted by Goobieman View Post
    Had Bush done this, the noise from the left would wake the dead.

    If Bush had left the White House for 2 hours the noise from the left would wake the dead? Is there some negative IQ test for being a Republican?

  10. #110
    Tavern Bartender
    Constitutionalist
    American's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Location
    Virginia
    Last Seen
    Today @ 11:56 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    76,298

    Re: On a tough day, Obama escapes for a while

    Look the bottomline is this; just as it was for Bush, so it is for Obama. You are the President 24/7 no matter where you are. It's not a 9-5 job, so it doesn't matter where he goes. It's like a 24/7 working lunch, where he has to make a decision even with a sandwich in his hand. Nuff said.
    "He who does not think himself worth saving from poverty and ignorance by his own efforts, will hardly be thought worth the efforts of anybody else." -- Frederick Douglass, Self-Made Men (1872)
    "Fly-over" country voted, and The Donald is now POTUS.

Page 11 of 22 FirstFirst ... 91011121321 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •