Page 7 of 21 FirstFirst ... 5678917 ... LastLast
Results 61 to 70 of 206

Thread: Michael Steele becomes first black RNC chairman

  1. #61
    Bus Driver to Hell
    Thorgasm's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Last Seen
    12-14-17 @ 06:57 PM
    Lean
    Very Conservative
    Posts
    68,198

    Re: Michael Steele becomes first black RNC chairman

    Quote Originally Posted by Truth Detector View Post
    Do you always answer a question with a new unrelated question? We call this avoidance; not to mention trolling.
    Question marks denote a question. You used no question mark in that post.

    Now, please answer my questions and quit projecting.
    Quote Originally Posted by faithful_servant View Post
    Being a psychiatric patient does not mean that you are mentally ill.



  2. #62
    Banned
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Location
    Ventura California
    Last Seen
    11-15-11 @ 11:17 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    8,706

    Re: Michael Steele becomes first black RNC chairman

    Quote Originally Posted by independent_thinker2002 View Post
    Question marks denote a question. You used no question mark in that post.

    Now, please answer my questions and quit projecting.
    I forgot that you prefer semantics to debate, here you go: So you think it has NOTHING to do with qualifications and the fact that there are relatively FEW blacks who agree with the Republican platform and it's somehow a racism issue?

  3. #63
    Pathetic Douchebag
    Cilogy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Location
    Texas
    Last Seen
    10-10-14 @ 05:42 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    1,587

    Re: Michael Steele becomes first black RNC chairman

    Quote Originally Posted by Truth Detector View Post
    I forgot that you prefer semantics to debate, here you go: So you think it has NOTHING to do with qualifications and the fact that there are relatively FEW blacks who agree with the Republican platform and it's somehow a racism issue?
    Now, now children.

    In part, his selection might be due to the fact that he is black and people felt that the RNC "needs more blacks." Unfortunately that's way too narrow minded, but its understandable if some people believe that, as there are many narrow minded Americans. Just like some wanted Obama because he was black.

    Let the issues be the issue.


  4. #64
    Bus Driver to Hell
    Thorgasm's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Last Seen
    12-14-17 @ 06:57 PM
    Lean
    Very Conservative
    Posts
    68,198

    Re: Michael Steele becomes first black RNC chairman

    Quote Originally Posted by Truth Detector View Post
    I forgot that you prefer semantics to debate, here you go: So you think it has NOTHING to do with qualifications and the fact that there are relatively FEW blacks who agree with the Republican platform and it's somehow a racism issue?
    There have been qualified black republicans.

    Few blacks supporting the platform have to do with the Southern Strategy, so yes, there is racism involved, although not directly.

    Why don't the qualified black republicans run?
    Quote Originally Posted by faithful_servant View Post
    Being a psychiatric patient does not mean that you are mentally ill.



  5. #65
    Tart with a Heart
    StandUpChuck's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Location
    New England
    Last Seen
    07-29-11 @ 01:41 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    10,188

    Re: Michael Steele becomes first black RNC chairman

    Quote Originally Posted by independent_thinker2002 View Post

    Why don't the qualified black republicans run?
    Maybe they don't want to be called Uncle Toms or Token "negroes?" Just a guess. But maybe the Left counts on that.
    Quote Originally Posted by soccerboy22 View Post
    You guys are weird.

  6. #66
    Bus Driver to Hell
    Thorgasm's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Last Seen
    12-14-17 @ 06:57 PM
    Lean
    Very Conservative
    Posts
    68,198

    Re: Michael Steele becomes first black RNC chairman

    Quote Originally Posted by StandUpChuck View Post
    Maybe they don't want to be called Uncle Toms or Token "negroes?" Just a guess. But maybe the Left counts on that.
    Maybe they think the Republican base won't vote for them.

    BTW, calling Obama the affirmative action candidate (Token negro) didn't stop him.
    Quote Originally Posted by faithful_servant View Post
    Being a psychiatric patient does not mean that you are mentally ill.



  7. #67
    Sage
    Hatuey's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Last Seen
    Today @ 04:26 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Moderate
    Posts
    42,089

    Re: Michael Steele becomes first black RNC chairman

    Michael Steele the Great conservative :

    Roe v. Wade should remain in place.

    # Support affirmative action and its improvements. (Oct 2006)
    # Affirmative action programs still necessary to close divides. (Aug 2006)
    # We're still discovering affirmative action in corporations. (Apr 2006)
    # Led commitment to $70M in grants to minority-owned business. (Apr 2006)
    Expand minority-owned business opportunities. (May 2006)
    More enforcement against Drug Trafficking. (Oct 2006)
    More biomass, more hybrids, more fuel efficiency. (May 2006)

    I really love watching Republicans trip over themselves calling this guy a Conservative. It's cute.
    I refuse to accept the view that mankind is so tragically bound to the starless midnight of racism and war that the bright daybreak of peace and brotherhood can never become a reality. - MLK

  8. #68
    Passionate
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Last Seen
    03-07-11 @ 04:35 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    15,675

    Re: Michael Steele becomes first black RNC chairman

    Quote Originally Posted by StandUpChuck View Post
    I really wish we could do news w/out labeling people by the color of their skin. *sigh*




    FOXNews.com - Michael Steele becomes first black RNC chairman - Politics | Republican Party | Democratic Party | Political Spectrum


    BTW, I couldn't find an online news source other than FOX that wasn't a blog. Guess it's not newsworthy for the unbiased media.
    It was on the front page of msnbc.com. Oh, that's right--that's not unbiased.

  9. #69
    Pathetic Douchebag
    Cilogy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Location
    Texas
    Last Seen
    10-10-14 @ 05:42 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    1,587

    Re: Michael Steele becomes first black RNC chairman

    Quote Originally Posted by Hatuey View Post
    Michael Steele the Great conservative :

    Roe v. Wade should remain in place.

    # Support affirmative action and its improvements. (Oct 2006)
    # Affirmative action programs still necessary to close divides. (Aug 2006)
    # We're still discovering affirmative action in corporations. (Apr 2006)
    # Led commitment to $70M in grants to minority-owned business. (Apr 2006)
    Expand minority-owned business opportunities. (May 2006)
    More enforcement against Drug Trafficking. (Oct 2006)
    More biomass, more hybrids, more fuel efficiency. (May 2006)

    I really love watching Republicans trip over themselves calling this guy a Conservative. It's cute.
    Exactly, which is why I'm still pondering his stance on abortion. But I like him because of it.


  10. #70
    Sage
    Hatuey's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Last Seen
    Today @ 04:26 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Moderate
    Posts
    42,089

    Re: Michael Steele becomes first black RNC chairman

    Quote Originally Posted by Cilogy View Post
    Exactly, which is why I'm still pondering his stance on abortion. But I like him because of it.
    It's just cute to watch all these 'Abortion should be a states issue!' fall over themselves screaming that a guy who is pro-AA and in favor of keeping Roe V. Wade in place is one of them. I guess they'll no longer call McCain a moderate considering he's 'pro-illegal'. Bunch of ****ing hypocrites.
    I refuse to accept the view that mankind is so tragically bound to the starless midnight of racism and war that the bright daybreak of peace and brotherhood can never become a reality. - MLK

Page 7 of 21 FirstFirst ... 5678917 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •