Page 2 of 21 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast
Results 11 to 20 of 206

Thread: Michael Steele becomes first black RNC chairman

  1. #11
    Sage
    Hatuey's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Last Seen
    Today @ 09:54 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Moderate
    Posts
    42,045

    Re: Michael Steele becomes first black RNC chairman

    Quote Originally Posted by StandUpChuck View Post
    Yeah, we have our own personal afirmative action within the party. We added it just to kiss the ass of 13% of the population. Getting the best person for the job during a critical time never entered anyone's mind.
    Really? Explain how he was the best person for the job.
    I refuse to accept the view that mankind is so tragically bound to the starless midnight of racism and war that the bright daybreak of peace and brotherhood can never become a reality. - MLK

  2. #12
    Tart with a Heart
    StandUpChuck's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Location
    New England
    Last Seen
    07-29-11 @ 01:41 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    10,188

    Re: Michael Steele becomes first black RNC chairman

    Quote Originally Posted by Hatuey View Post
    Really? Explain how he was the best person for the job.
    I didn't say he was, Hatuey. You seem to be under the misguided impression that the gov't revolves around black people these days. You keep saying he was chosen because he is a black man. I'm suggesting that maybe, just maybe, he was picked because a majority thought he was the best person for the job. It's your party that believes in affirmative action crap, not the GOP.
    Quote Originally Posted by soccerboy22 View Post
    You guys are weird.

  3. #13
    Sage
    Hatuey's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Last Seen
    Today @ 09:54 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Moderate
    Posts
    42,045

    Re: Michael Steele becomes first black RNC chairman

    Quote Originally Posted by StandUpChuck View Post
    I didn't say he was, Hatuey.
    Bull**** :

    Getting the best person for the job during a critical time never entered anyone's mind.
    Try. Again.

    You seem to be under the misguided impression that the gov't revolves around black people these days.
    Really? Well then explain why Michael Steele was the best person for the job and why the merits of every other candidate did not match up to his. I'll wait.

    You keep saying he was chosen because he is a black man.
    Of course I do.

    I'm suggesting that maybe, just maybe, he was picked because a majority thought he was the best person for the job.
    Or because he was black. But hey. I guess that never stopped people when it was Obama's turn.

    It's your party that believes in affirmative action crap, not the GOP.
    So then prove that Michael Steele was the best man for the job.
    I refuse to accept the view that mankind is so tragically bound to the starless midnight of racism and war that the bright daybreak of peace and brotherhood can never become a reality. - MLK

  4. #14
    Sage
    Hatuey's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Last Seen
    Today @ 09:54 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Moderate
    Posts
    42,045

    Re: Michael Steele becomes first black RNC chairman

    Oh man I'm going to have so much fun coming up with cutsey thread titles like "Steele the Magic Oreo Cookie" and "Steele : The Messiah?"
    I refuse to accept the view that mankind is so tragically bound to the starless midnight of racism and war that the bright daybreak of peace and brotherhood can never become a reality. - MLK

  5. #15
    Sage
    Renae's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Location
    San Antonio Texas
    Last Seen
    10-23-17 @ 10:14 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    38,972
    Blog Entries
    15

    Re: Michael Steele becomes first black RNC chairman

    Republicans put people into positions of responsibility based on performance. Democrats vote for people base don skin color... thanks hat for cleaning that up.

  6. #16
    Norville Rogers
    Kernel Sanders's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    Pittsburgh, PA
    Last Seen
    07-23-12 @ 10:20 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    3,730

    Re: Michael Steele becomes first black RNC chairman

    Mike Steele is an awesome name

  7. #17
    Sage
    Hatuey's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Last Seen
    Today @ 09:54 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Moderate
    Posts
    42,045

    Re: Michael Steele becomes first black RNC chairman

    Quote Originally Posted by MrVicchio View Post
    Republicans put people into positions of responsibility based on performance.
    Prove it. I'll wait.
    I refuse to accept the view that mankind is so tragically bound to the starless midnight of racism and war that the bright daybreak of peace and brotherhood can never become a reality. - MLK

  8. #18
    Tart with a Heart
    StandUpChuck's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Location
    New England
    Last Seen
    07-29-11 @ 01:41 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    10,188

    Re: Michael Steele becomes first black RNC chairman

    Quote Originally Posted by Hatuey View Post



    So then prove that Michael Steele was the best man for the job.
    Sorry dude, I didn't choose him but he does have some qualities that conservatives are looking for. Some also consider him a RINO. Maybe the latter is why he was chosen because that's what conservatives keep doing. I'm on the fence with Steele. I'm not jumping for joy that he was elected, nor am I bummed. He's cornflakes without strawberries IMO. I believe he was elected because he was a safe pick.

    I was secretly pulling for the Newt if he wasn't such a dink in his personal life. I think he's a brilliant conservative and could have rallied the base.

    You can keep quoting me all you want Hatuey. I did not say I think he's the best person. I said the ones who chose him likely did so because THEY felt he was the best person for the job. You want to make it about the color of his skin. That's OK. That's your thing. It ain't mine though.
    Last edited by StandUpChuck; 01-30-09 at 07:01 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by soccerboy22 View Post
    You guys are weird.

  9. #19
    Pathetic Douchebag
    Cilogy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Location
    Texas
    Last Seen
    10-10-14 @ 05:42 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    1,587

    Re: Michael Steele becomes first black RNC chairman

    Quote Originally Posted by StandUpChuck View Post
    I really wish we could do news w/out labeling people by the color of their skin. *sigh*


    FOXNews.com - Michael Steele becomes first black RNC chairman - Politics | Republican Party | Democratic Party | Political Spectrum


    BTW, I couldn't find an online news source other than FOX that wasn't a blog. Guess it's not newsworthy for the unbiased media.
    Good. It seems like Steele wants a change the GOP for the better.

    Maybe, someday ... the Republican Party will rise again.




    Quote Originally Posted by MrVicchio View Post
    Republicans put people into positions of responsibility based on performance. Democrats vote for people base don skin color... thanks hat for cleaning that up.
    Some Republicans and some Democrats voted, last November, highly influenced by skin color, unfortunately. On the other hand many Reps and Dems voted based on plainly the issues, fortunately.

    It is very narrow minded of you to think that all Dems vote based on skin color and all Reps vote based on performance. You have much to learn.

    I voted based on the issues, not the pigmentation of cells on a person's body.
    Last edited by Cilogy; 01-30-09 at 07:07 PM.


  10. #20
    Tart with a Heart
    StandUpChuck's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Location
    New England
    Last Seen
    07-29-11 @ 01:41 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    10,188

    Re: Michael Steele becomes first black RNC chairman

    Quote Originally Posted by Cilogy View Post
    Good. It seems like Steele wants a change the GOP for the better.

    Maybe, someday ... the Republican Party will rise again.
    Question for you Cilogy: I'm not meaning any offense, but I see that you say you're very liberal. Why do you want the GOP to rise again?
    Quote Originally Posted by soccerboy22 View Post
    You guys are weird.

Page 2 of 21 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •