Page 10 of 24 FirstFirst ... 8910111220 ... LastLast
Results 91 to 100 of 236

Thread: Obama finds room for lobbyists

  1. #91
    Banned Goobieman's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Last Seen
    03-22-15 @ 02:36 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Conservative
    Posts
    17,343

    Re: Obama finds room for lobbyists

    Quote Originally Posted by WillRockwell View Post
    I expect that if you are staffing a new government in Washington, it would be next to impossible to find people who have never been employed by lobbying firms. What's more, most of the time that connection is quite innocent.
    Are you OK with the fact that Obama lied about having lobbyists in his administration?

  2. #92
    Banned Goobieman's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Last Seen
    03-22-15 @ 02:36 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Conservative
    Posts
    17,343

    Re: Obama finds room for lobbyists

    Quote Originally Posted by Gibberish View Post
    Obama is a politician and as a politician he cannot be held to his literal word but should be held to the ideals of what he says. It's easy to say when you are not President, "I will do X" as an absolute, only to find out doing exactly that without any budging is not really feasible.
    Are you OK with the fact that Obama lied about having lobbyists in his administration?

  3. #93
    Banned Goobieman's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Last Seen
    03-22-15 @ 02:36 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Conservative
    Posts
    17,343

    Re: Obama finds room for lobbyists

    Quote Originally Posted by Middleground View Post
    That's pretty much how I feel.

    All politicians break promises, and I didn't expect Obama to keep all of his. It would be impossible. Now if these people turn out to be hacks, then yeah, he made piss-poor choices. Why cry now about it? Wait and see. They could turn out to be excellent choices.
    Are you OK with the fact that Obama lied about having lobbyists in his administration?

  4. #94
    Banned Goobieman's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Last Seen
    03-22-15 @ 02:36 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Conservative
    Posts
    17,343

    Re: Obama finds room for lobbyists

    Quote Originally Posted by LaMidRighter View Post
    The left took shots a Bush for over 6 years over intelligence and called it a lie with no proof, we have Obama's own words and actions proving he lied and you don't think we on the right are going to fire back?
    Just another example of the partisan bigotry from the Dems.

    Their guy lies, and he gets a pass.

  5. #95
    Bus Driver to Hell
    Thorgasm's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Last Seen
    12-14-17 @ 06:57 PM
    Lean
    Very Conservative
    Posts
    68,198

    Re: Obama finds room for lobbyists

    Quote Originally Posted by Goobieman View Post
    Are you OK with the fact that Obama lied about having lobbyists in his administration?
    Quote Originally Posted by Goobieman View Post
    Are you OK with the fact that Obama lied about having lobbyists in his administration?
    Quote Originally Posted by Goobieman View Post
    Are you OK with the fact that Obama lied about having lobbyists in his administration?
    Are you aware of the multi-quote feature?
    Quote Originally Posted by faithful_servant View Post
    Being a psychiatric patient does not mean that you are mentally ill.



  6. #96
    Professor
    WillRockwell's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Last Seen
    07-10-10 @ 09:48 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    1,950

    Re: Obama finds room for lobbyists

    Quote Originally Posted by Zyphlin View Post
    You just have really no desire to read peoples posts at all or debate a bit, but instead to just speaking your talking points over and over again as if they're true and ignore people that counter them.

    Will, what do you say about this:



    I posted this in response to your earlier statement about halliburton. So shall you be backing up your claim that Cheny, and not the Pentagon, picked the company (what company was it? While TIED to halliburton, it wasn't halliburton). Do you have any data saying that it wasn't done properly, or that there was another contracter that could've provided the services in the time needed? Or are you just spouting talking points, ignoring anyone that actually brings up facts to counter you, and just strive to switch topics when you're backed in a corner?

    I'd be happy to debate LogCap and the assignment of the Iraq contract to KBR in a different thread, assuming you can do so without resorting to personal insults.

  7. #97
    Banned Goobieman's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Last Seen
    03-22-15 @ 02:36 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Conservative
    Posts
    17,343

    Re: Obama finds room for lobbyists

    Quote Originally Posted by independent_thinker2002 View Post
    Are you aware of the multi-quote feature?
    Nope. Not too worried about it, either.

  8. #98
    Tavern Bartender
    Pussy Grabbin' Beaver
    Middleground's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    Canada's Capital
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 07:11 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    22,458
    Blog Entries
    1

    Re: Obama finds room for lobbyists

    Quote Originally Posted by scourge99 View Post
    Yea, 10 days and he's already breaking campaign promises. Prepare for disappointment.
    Maybe. Maybe not.

    But I think some should focus on the more important issues, not petty crap like this.
    No men are anywhere, and Im allowed to go in, because Im the owner of the pageant and therefore Im inspecting it, Trump said... Is everyone OK? You know, theyre standing there with no clothes. Is everybody OK? And you see these incredible looking women, and so I sort of get away with things like that.

  9. #99
    Banned Goobieman's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Last Seen
    03-22-15 @ 02:36 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Conservative
    Posts
    17,343

    Re: Obama finds room for lobbyists

    Quote Originally Posted by Middleground View Post
    But I think some should focus on the more important issues, not petty crap like this.
    "Petty crap"... like outright lies?

  10. #100
    Global Moderator
    Moderator

    Zyphlin's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    NoMoAuchie
    Last Seen
    @
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    47,998

    Re: Obama finds room for lobbyists

    Quote Originally Posted by WillRockwell View Post
    I'd be happy to debate LogCap and the assignment of the Iraq contract to KBR in a different thread, assuming you can do so without resorting to personal insults.
    Sure, start a thread on it and depending on what you're trying to debate I'd happily join in. But don't tell me to take something to another thread when YOU'RE the one bringing it up in THIS thread.

    Who gave the contract to KBR is not something for a "debate". Its a provable fact. The Pentagon gave the contract. There's nothin to "debate" there. You can debate whether Cheney greatly influenced thier pick, but the FACT is that the Pentagon, not Cheney, gave them the contract.

    You can debate that you BELIEVE that it was improperly done, but a congressional investigation already disagree's with you and as far as the law goes, at this moment, it was legal and proper. That is the fact.

    The FACT is that the pentagon stated they believed KBR to be the only company at the time that could do the work they needed in the time they needed it. Now, you can debate if you'd like whether or not this was influenced by Cheney, but the fact is that that was the Pentagon's findings.

    My issue is not that Cheney didn't have influence in Halliburtons subsidiary being picked...I do think he may've urged it to happen. My issue is with your out and out lies, such as

    "And unlike Dick Cheney... the guy who picked Halliburton to rebuild Iraq"

    which is patently false unless Dick Cheney was somehow also a member of the pentagon at the time.

Page 10 of 24 FirstFirst ... 8910111220 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •