Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
Results 11 to 20 of 22

Thread: Hill Republican: Stimulus aids illegal immigrants

  1. #11
    Upper West Side Jacobin
    new coup for you's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Location
    Philly, "The City that shoves you back!"
    Last Seen
    07-01-10 @ 01:13 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    10,643

    Re: Hill Republican: Stimulus aids illegal immigrants

    I find that a tad more offensive, personally.
    And why does your tone suggest that you do not care about children?

  2. #12
    Girthless
    RightinNYC's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Location
    New York, NY
    Last Seen
    01-23-11 @ 11:56 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Slightly Conservative
    Posts
    25,894

    Re: Hill Republican: Stimulus aids illegal immigrants

    Quote Originally Posted by Kernel Sanders View Post
    No, but if they're paying taxes I can't say that I mind them getting a tax credit all that much
    Exactly. If anything, this could act as an incentive for more illegal immigrants to get registered in the system.
    People sleep peaceably in their beds at night only because rough men stand ready to do violence on their behalf.

  3. #13
    Girthless
    RightinNYC's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Location
    New York, NY
    Last Seen
    01-23-11 @ 11:56 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Slightly Conservative
    Posts
    25,894

    Re: Hill Republican: Stimulus aids illegal immigrants

    Quote Originally Posted by new coup for you View Post
    you know Wall Street gave out bonuses equivalent to about the amount given out in 2004 this year.

    When the DOW was about 10k.

    Just to put this in perspective.
    What's the number of people employed on Wall Street this year as compared to 2004?

    Also, their bonuses fell 44% from last year, despite the stock market only falling 34%. Hopefully this bailout will include that extra 10% that these people are owed.
    People sleep peaceably in their beds at night only because rough men stand ready to do violence on their behalf.

  4. #14
    Upper West Side Jacobin
    new coup for you's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Location
    Philly, "The City that shoves you back!"
    Last Seen
    07-01-10 @ 01:13 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    10,643

    Re: Hill Republican: Stimulus aids illegal immigrants

    You clearly read the same NYT article I did. Remember the bit where a third said the they should have gotten more?
    And why does your tone suggest that you do not care about children?

  5. #15
    Girthless
    RightinNYC's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Location
    New York, NY
    Last Seen
    01-23-11 @ 11:56 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Slightly Conservative
    Posts
    25,894

    Re: Hill Republican: Stimulus aids illegal immigrants

    Quote Originally Posted by new coup for you View Post
    You clearly read the same NYT article I did. Remember the bit where a third said the they should have gotten more?
    A bunch of them probably should have.

    All of this uproar stems from the fact that wall street just has a tradition of paying low base salaries and large bonuses to make up for it. They're pissed off about this because they considered them to be one and the same, as they were for so long. If they were paid the majority of their compensation in base salary, nobody would give a **** and this would be a total non-issue.

    If you worked 3000 hours a year for a base salary of 60k and a bonus of 100k, it shouldn't be looked at differently than someone working 3000 hours a year for a base of 155k and a bonus of 5k. The only difference this year is that the first set of people working 3000 hours a year are getting 60k and then 50k.

    I'd be pissed too.
    People sleep peaceably in their beds at night only because rough men stand ready to do violence on their behalf.

  6. #16
    Upper West Side Jacobin
    new coup for you's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Location
    Philly, "The City that shoves you back!"
    Last Seen
    07-01-10 @ 01:13 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    10,643

    Re: Hill Republican: Stimulus aids illegal immigrants

    I think they should all be taken out back and shot.

    Actually **** that.

    They should be taken out front, so everyone can see, and shot.
    And why does your tone suggest that you do not care about children?

  7. #17
    Girthless
    RightinNYC's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Location
    New York, NY
    Last Seen
    01-23-11 @ 11:56 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Slightly Conservative
    Posts
    25,894

    Re: Hill Republican: Stimulus aids illegal immigrants

    Quote Originally Posted by new coup for you View Post
    I think they should all be taken out back and shot.

    Actually **** that.

    They should be taken out front, so everyone can see, and shot.
    Because you think they actually did something wrong, or because they're ibankers and on general principle don't really deserve to exist?

    I may be with you on this, depending on your answer.
    People sleep peaceably in their beds at night only because rough men stand ready to do violence on their behalf.

  8. #18
    Upper West Side Jacobin
    new coup for you's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Location
    Philly, "The City that shoves you back!"
    Last Seen
    07-01-10 @ 01:13 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    10,643

    Re: Hill Republican: Stimulus aids illegal immigrants

    Well your right they didn't really do anything wrong, they just operated logically within the system as we've allowed them to. So I guess the system should be taken out and shot.

    However I think all of this proves pretty well that what's good for GE is NOT good for America.
    And why does your tone suggest that you do not care about children?

  9. #19
    Global Moderator
    Silent Bob for President!

    RedAkston's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Location
    Florida
    Last Seen
    Today @ 04:36 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    33,768
    Blog Entries
    4

    Re: Hill Republican: Stimulus aids illegal immigrants

    Quote Originally Posted by WillRockwell View Post
    How can you say that? The Bush bailout simply handed the treasury over to bank executives and stock manipulators. None of the money is being circulated in the economy. The proposed stimulus package is designed to put money into the hands of people who will spend it.
    And this was worded and voted on by the largely democratic Congress. But somehow it's "Bush's bailout"? If checks and balances needed to be put into place to prevent what happened, what branch of our government is responsible for that? I'll give you one guess.

    You're off to a rough start on this forum kid.
    Welfare (Food Stamps, WIC, etc...) are not entitlements. They are taxpayer funded handouts and shouldn't be called entitlements at all. Social Security and Veteran's benefits are 'Entitlements' because the people receiving them are entitled to them. They were earned and paid for by the recipients.

  10. #20
    Defender of the Faith
    ludahai's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2005
    Location
    Taichung, Taiwan - 2017 East Asian Games Candidate City
    Last Seen
    07-03-13 @ 02:22 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Conservative
    Posts
    10,320

    Re: Hill Republican: Stimulus aids illegal immigrants

    Quote Originally Posted by aps View Post
    Absolutely NOT!

    I actually hope the Senate makes some serious changes to this legislation and not just with respect to this issue. According to two, different economists, this bill is not going to create jobs. Sorry, but in my opinion, that is a necessity to any stimulus bill.
    Wow, and here in Taiwan, there was controversy about giving FOREIGN SPOUSES with Alien Resident Certificates the consumer vouchers handed out earlier this month.

    Of course Illegals should NOT get the rebates.
    Semper Paratus
    Boston = City of Champions: Bruins 2011; Celtics 2008; Red Sox 2004, 2007; Patriots 2002, 2004, 2005
    Jon Huntsman for President

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •