Page 1 of 29 12311 ... LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 281

Thread: Democrats Launch Petition Against Rush Limbaugh

  1. #1
    Banned

    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Last Seen
    07-11-11 @ 02:00 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    3,249

    Democrats Launch Petition Against Rush Limbaugh

    Democrats Launch Petition Against Rush Limbaugh
    Tuesday, January 27, 2009
    By Melanie Hunter-Omar


    (CNSNews.com) – The Democratic Congressional Campaign Committee has launched an online petition for readers to express their outrage at conservative talk show host Rush Limbaugh for saying last week that he wanted President Barack Obama to fail.
    http://cnsnews.com/public/content/ar...x?RsrcID=42616


    On the heels of Obama’s ill advised Limbaugh comments, the DNC is now making the same mistake. Even starting a petition, sure wish I could recall the name of the poster who bravely predicted that Obama’s POTUS victory would spell the end for Limbaugh. Because clearly his show is about to experience an audience swell and even more exposure than usual, via Obama and the DNC. Jeez talking about playing into Limbaugh’s hands.

  2. #2
    Androgyne
    Dr_Patrick's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    Montana
    Last Seen
    12-16-15 @ 11:50 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    9,349
    Blog Entries
    7

    Re: Democrats Launch Petition Against Rush Limbaugh

    Quote Originally Posted by Sir Loin View Post
    Democrats Launch Petition Against Rush Limbaugh
    Tuesday, January 27, 2009
    By Melanie Hunter-Omar


    (CNSNews.com) – The Democratic Congressional Campaign Committee has launched an online petition for readers to express their outrage at conservative talk show host Rush Limbaugh for saying last week that he wanted President Barack Obama to fail.
    http://cnsnews.com/public/content/ar...x?RsrcID=42616


    On the heels of Obama’s ill advised Limbaugh comments, the DNC is now making the same mistake. Even starting a petition, sure wish I could recall the name of the poster who bravely predicted that Obama’s POTUS victory would spell the end for Limbaugh. Because clearly his show is about to experience an audience swell and even more exposure than usual, via Obama and the DNC. Jeez talking about playing into Limbaugh’s hands.
    The fact that anyone would take Limbaugh serious enough to start a petition is a joke in and of itself. They sure aren't failing to give the man material for shows.

  3. #3
    Banned

    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Last Seen
    07-11-11 @ 02:00 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    3,249

    Re: Democrats Launch Petition Against Rush Limbaugh

    Quote Originally Posted by dclxvinoise View Post
    The fact that anyone would take Limbaugh serious enough to start a petition is a joke in and of itself. They sure aren't failing to give the man material for shows.
    My point exactly.

  4. #4
    Sage
    jamesrage's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    A place where common sense exists
    Last Seen
    12-10-17 @ 09:23 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Slightly Conservative
    Posts
    31,067

    Re: Democrats Launch Petition Against Rush Limbaugh

    I guess they didn't want to make the mistake of sending a letter like they did last time.

    FOXNews.com - Limbaugh Letter Fetches $2.1 Million on eBay - Politics | Republican Party | Democratic Party | Political Spectrum
    The conservative radio talk-show host turned an inflammatory letter written by Senate Majority Leader Harry Reid and signed by 41 of his fellow Democrats into a more than $4.2 million gold mine for the kids of Marines and law enforcement personnel killed in the line of duty, all courtesy of eBay.
    "A nation can survive its fools, and even the ambitious. But it cannot survive treason from within. An enemy at the gates is less formidable, for he is known and carries his banner openly. But the traitor moves amongst those within the gate freely, his sly whispers rustling through all the alleys, heard in the very halls of government itself. For the traitor appears not a traitor; he speaks in accents familiar to his victims, and he wears their face and their arguments, he appeals to the baseness that lies deep in the hearts of all men. He rots the soul of a nation, he works secretly and unknown in the night to undermine the pillars of the city, he infects the body politic so that it can no longer resist. A murder is less to fear"

    Cicero Marcus Tullius

  5. #5
    Defender of the Faith
    ludahai's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2005
    Location
    Taichung, Taiwan - 2017 East Asian Games Candidate City
    Last Seen
    07-03-13 @ 02:22 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Conservative
    Posts
    10,320

    Re: Democrats Launch Petition Against Rush Limbaugh

    Quote Originally Posted by jamesrage View Post
    I guess they didn't want to make the mistake of sending a letter like they did last time.

    FOXNews.com - Limbaugh Letter Fetches $2.1 Million on eBay - Politics | Republican Party | Democratic Party | Political Spectrum
    The conservative radio talk-show host turned an inflammatory letter written by Senate Majority Leader Harry Reid and signed by 41 of his fellow Democrats into a more than $4.2 million gold mine for the kids of Marines and law enforcement personnel killed in the line of duty, all courtesy of eBay.
    Rush took Reid's idiocy and put it to a good cause. Maybe he can do the same with the petition if it ever gets delievered to Rush. Rush clearly comes out the winner.
    Semper Paratus
    Boston = City of Champions: Bruins 2011; Celtics 2008; Red Sox 2004, 2007; Patriots 2002, 2004, 2005
    Jon Huntsman for President

  6. #6
    Banned

    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Last Seen
    07-11-11 @ 02:00 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    3,249

    Re: Democrats Launch Petition Against Rush Limbaugh

    Quote Originally Posted by jamesrage View Post
    I guess they didn't want to make the mistake of sending a letter like they did last time.

    FOXNews.com - Limbaugh Letter Fetches $2.1 Million on eBay - Politics | Republican Party | Democratic Party | Political Spectrum
    The conservative radio talk-show host turned an inflammatory letter written by Senate Majority Leader Harry Reid and signed by 41 of his fellow Democrats into a more than $4.2 million gold mine for the kids of Marines and law enforcement personnel killed in the line of duty, all courtesy of eBay.
    Oh snap I completely forgot about that. Good call, man I bet you this letter/petition could end up being auctioned off for charity too. This would actually be the only useful benefit to come from this idiotic posturing IMO.

  7. #7
    Sage
    First Thought's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Location
    DFW, Texas
    Last Seen
    12-01-10 @ 03:34 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    6,218

    Re: Democrats Launch Petition Against Rush Limbaugh

    Limbaugh's gonna have a field day with the DNC...
    "An error does not become truth by reason of multiplied propagation, nor does truth become error because nobody sees it." - Gandhi

  8. #8
    Defender of the Faith
    ludahai's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2005
    Location
    Taichung, Taiwan - 2017 East Asian Games Candidate City
    Last Seen
    07-03-13 @ 02:22 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Conservative
    Posts
    10,320

    Re: Democrats Launch Petition Against Rush Limbaugh

    Quote Originally Posted by EgoffTib View Post
    Limbaugh's gonna have a field day with the DNC...
    Love Rush or hate him, the DNC always makes it so easy for him.
    Semper Paratus
    Boston = City of Champions: Bruins 2011; Celtics 2008; Red Sox 2004, 2007; Patriots 2002, 2004, 2005
    Jon Huntsman for President

  9. #9
    Dispenser of Negativity
    Cold Highway's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Location
    Newburgh, New York and World 8: Dark Land
    Last Seen
    12-24-12 @ 11:21 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    9,596
    Blog Entries
    7

    Re: Democrats Launch Petition Against Rush Limbaugh

    Just another example that shows why the Democrats are so weak. The fact that an entire party has gotten their panties in bunch over an overweight, balding talk radio host just baffles me to no end. What a bunch of ****ing pansies.
    Last edited by Cold Highway; 01-28-09 at 12:42 AM.
    Jackboots always come in matched pairs, a left boot and a right boot.

  10. #10
    Educating the Ignorant
    zimmer's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Last Seen
    Today @ 02:56 PM
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    14,433
    Blog Entries
    12

    Re: Democrats Launch Petition Against Rush Limbaugh

    Quote Originally Posted by chevydriver1123 View Post
    Just another example that shows why the Democrats are so weak. The fact that an entire party has gotten their panties in bunch over an overweight, balding talk radio host just baffles me to no end. What a bunch of ****ing pansies.
    The worst of this is Rush went into a long monologue setting up the line and it has been discussed, hashed-out on TV. He wants Obama's "socialist" schemes to fail... they always do fail, regardless of the author.

    It is typical of The Left to leave "the rest of the story" on the cutting room floor. You would think their constituents would tire of these lame attempts at skewering Rush, and the result; egg on face.

    When will they ever learn, especially taking on someone that has 15 hours of air time, and can get the truth out to make the socialists look like the liars they are.

    This is the best they can come up with.

    No doubt they are trying to isolate Rush, and then use this as a stepping stone to the Censorship Doctrine for radio stations.
    Last edited by zimmer; 01-28-09 at 02:02 AM.
    The Clintons are what happens...
    when you have NO MORAL COMPASS.

Page 1 of 29 12311 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •