Page 19 of 29 FirstFirst ... 91718192021 ... LastLast
Results 181 to 190 of 281

Thread: Democrats Launch Petition Against Rush Limbaugh

  1. #181
    Klattu Verata Nicto
    LaMidRighter's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2005
    Location
    Louisiana
    Last Seen
    07-21-17 @ 02:42 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Right
    Posts
    30,534

    Re: Democrats Launch Petition Against Rush Limbaugh

    Quote Originally Posted by independent_thinker2002 View Post
    Tucker, you said that conservatives don't have a "Goldwater". Would you say that Ron Paul is the closest thing to one?
    Paul would definitely be the closest fit, Newt would be in the top ten for that mold as well. There are Goldwater Republicans left, the problem is that they are becoming a rarity.
    Neither side in an argument can find the truth when both make an absolute claim on it.

    LMR

  2. #182
    Banned Goobieman's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Last Seen
    03-22-15 @ 02:36 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Conservative
    Posts
    17,343

    Re: Democrats Launch Petition Against Rush Limbaugh

    Quote Originally Posted by LaMidRighter View Post
    Paul would definitely be the closest fit, Newt would be in the top ten for that mold as well. There are Goldwater Republicans left, the problem is that they are becoming a rarity.
    Yes. Because people like it when the goverment gives them free stuff.

  3. #183
    Klattu Verata Nicto
    LaMidRighter's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2005
    Location
    Louisiana
    Last Seen
    07-21-17 @ 02:42 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Right
    Posts
    30,534

    Re: Democrats Launch Petition Against Rush Limbaugh

    Quote Originally Posted by Tucker Case View Post
    Thanks, LaMidRighter.
    Sure thing, I don't see anything wrong with your opinions on the matter, you are calling it as you see it and qualifying it as such, I get on people who proclaim their opinions as gospel truth without any real reasoning or analysis.
    Neither side in an argument can find the truth when both make an absolute claim on it.

    LMR

  4. #184
    Klattu Verata Nicto
    LaMidRighter's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2005
    Location
    Louisiana
    Last Seen
    07-21-17 @ 02:42 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Right
    Posts
    30,534

    Re: Democrats Launch Petition Against Rush Limbaugh

    Quote Originally Posted by Goobieman View Post
    Yes. Because people like it when the goverment gives them free stuff.
    True, and unfortunately the weaker Republicans were calling the shots for a while and trying to tap into that mentality, hopefully the solid Republican opposition to the stimulus bill was a start towards a restructuring of the party to Goldwater/Reagan era standards, if not, the Republicans will invalidate themselves.
    Neither side in an argument can find the truth when both make an absolute claim on it.

    LMR

  5. #185
    Sage
    First Thought's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Location
    DFW, Texas
    Last Seen
    12-01-10 @ 03:34 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    6,218

    Re: Democrats Launch Petition Against Rush Limbaugh

    Quote Originally Posted by Tucker Case View Post
    Why don't you back up your claims? You made the claim that there is demographic evidence to refute my statements. Yet, you consistently fail to cite those sources.

    All I am asking for is that demographic data you claim exists. Why are you dogding and dancing around trying to avoid this as though you are an unwilling recipient of a suppository?

    Allow me to SPECULATE as to what the real reason is behind this dodging and dancing:

    You made it up. You LIED. The evidence you pretended exists does NOT exist. You are dishonest, and don't want to fess up to your dishonesty.

    So dodge and dance to your hearts content. In the end, (pun fully intended) the suppository doesn't hurt all that bad.
    Stop wasting your time. I have been down this path with Sir Loin many a time. Rather than present you with facts or back up his claims, he prefers to pull out a Thesaurus in a feeble attempt to belittle you and stroke his own ego.
    "An error does not become truth by reason of multiplied propagation, nor does truth become error because nobody sees it." - Gandhi

  6. #186
    Sage
    First Thought's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Location
    DFW, Texas
    Last Seen
    12-01-10 @ 03:34 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    6,218

    Re: Democrats Launch Petition Against Rush Limbaugh

    Quote Originally Posted by LaMidRighter View Post
    Paul would definitely be the closest fit, Newt would be in the top ten for that mold as well. There are Goldwater Republicans left, the problem is that they are becoming a rarity.
    Let us hope that the few remaining ones make an attempt to usurp the nominal Republicans and take back their party.
    "An error does not become truth by reason of multiplied propagation, nor does truth become error because nobody sees it." - Gandhi

  7. #187
    Banned Goobieman's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Last Seen
    03-22-15 @ 02:36 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Conservative
    Posts
    17,343

    Re: Democrats Launch Petition Against Rush Limbaugh

    Quote Originally Posted by LaMidRighter View Post
    True, and unfortunately the weaker Republicans were calling the shots for a while and trying to tap into that mentality, hopefully the solid Republican opposition to the stimulus bill was a start towards a restructuring of the party to Goldwater/Reagan era standards, if not, the Republicans will invalidate themselves.
    It is said that, politically, the best thing that can happen to conservatives is a period where the government is run by liberals.
    Last edited by Goobieman; 01-29-09 at 12:50 PM.

  8. #188
    Klattu Verata Nicto
    LaMidRighter's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2005
    Location
    Louisiana
    Last Seen
    07-21-17 @ 02:42 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Right
    Posts
    30,534

    Re: Democrats Launch Petition Against Rush Limbaugh

    Quote Originally Posted by EgoffTib View Post
    Let us hope that the few remaining ones make an attempt to usurp the nominal Republicans and take back their party.
    I think the better alternative would be to inspire the younger generation of Republicans who will be taking up the fight when the old blue bloods lose power, Goldberg inspired Newt and Reagan, who inspired many younger conservatives of today, those left in the party with principle must share their insights and ride out this wave of Republicans to restore the party, I just don't think the top of the party can be toppled at the moment as I think they've dug in politically. Of course, there is nothing wrong with a good try at usurping the current batch of RINOs just for good measure.
    Neither side in an argument can find the truth when both make an absolute claim on it.

    LMR

  9. #189
    Klattu Verata Nicto
    LaMidRighter's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2005
    Location
    Louisiana
    Last Seen
    07-21-17 @ 02:42 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Right
    Posts
    30,534

    Re: Democrats Launch Petition Against Rush Limbaugh

    Quote Originally Posted by Goobieman View Post
    It is said that, politically, the best thing that can happen to csncervatives is a period where the government is run by liberals.
    They are going to overreach, but that makes it even harder to maintain a conservative movement with the energy and momentum to bring us back to founding principles while still performing constitutionally proscribed duties.
    Neither side in an argument can find the truth when both make an absolute claim on it.

    LMR

  10. #190
    Matthew 16:3

    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    Everywhere and nowhere
    Last Seen
    06-24-17 @ 05:05 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Progressive
    Posts
    45,603

    Re: Democrats Launch Petition Against Rush Limbaugh

    Quote Originally Posted by LaMidRighter View Post
    Paul would definitely be the closest fit, Newt would be in the top ten for that mold as well. There are Goldwater Republicans left, the problem is that they are becoming a rarity.
    Exactly! This was the exact reasoning behind my "disenfranchised" comment.
    Last edited by Tucker Case; 01-29-09 at 01:42 PM.
    Tucker Case - Tard magnet.

Page 19 of 29 FirstFirst ... 91718192021 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •