Page 16 of 29 FirstFirst ... 6141516171826 ... LastLast
Results 151 to 160 of 281

Thread: Democrats Launch Petition Against Rush Limbaugh

  1. #151
    Defender of the Faith
    ludahai's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2005
    Location
    Taichung, Taiwan - 2017 East Asian Games Candidate City
    Last Seen
    07-03-13 @ 02:22 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Conservative
    Posts
    10,320

    Re: Democrats Launch Petition Against Rush Limbaugh

    Quote Originally Posted by LaMidRighter View Post
    No but Biden did.
    Really? I missed that, but considering how he runs his mouth, it wouldn't surprise me.
    Semper Paratus
    Boston = City of Champions: Bruins 2011; Celtics 2008; Red Sox 2004, 2007; Patriots 2002, 2004, 2005
    Jon Huntsman for President

  2. #152
    Klattu Verata Nicto
    LaMidRighter's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2005
    Location
    Louisiana
    Last Seen
    07-21-17 @ 02:42 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Right
    Posts
    30,534

    Re: Democrats Launch Petition Against Rush Limbaugh

    [QUOTE][QUOTE=Tucker Case;1057902475]
    Quote Originally Posted by LaMidRighter View Post

    I think that his giving a voice to the conseratives not represented by the GOP is a good thing. I don't like Rush for other reasons more than I don't like his policies.
    That's a very fair position to take.

    I think does a serious disservice to the country with some of his rhetoric. HE is naturally a divider of people, not a uniter.

    His venom towards the other side is overkill, IMO. I'm not saying that he is wrong to want Obama to fail (and by now, everyone knows exactly waht he meant by that).
    One thing Rush loudly proclaims is that "liberals" hate being the butt of a joke, so he does this to a) point out the folly of some of their positions, and b) make them angry.

    I can agree with the concept of supporting the cvountry but not the mission that the leadsers of teh country want ot engage in.

    In fact, it is very similar to the concept of "supporting the troops, but not the mission".
    I have no problems with either stance, my problem wasn't the conscientious objectors, that happens in every war, I had a problem with those that hid behind the "support the troops but....." banner for alternative reasons, like those who wanted to simply beat up on GWB for anything they could dig up, or people who hated the military but didn't have the stones to admit it, or for other such reasons.

    Where Rush becomes a hypocrite is that he has made statements like: "I told them what I think is the sort of phony-baloney, plastic-banana, good-time rock 'n' roller of some members of the American left saying they support the troops but they don't support their mission"

    The fact is that with the left in charge, their mission is indeed the coutnry's mission.
    Rush has a particular schtick that he uses, and the purpose of this particular logical exercise was to point out the fallacy of the "support the troops but...." banner as he saw it. But I can't fault people for seeing it from your point of view either because it was a subtle move that you'd have to be a regular listener who has become familiar with his methods to fully be in on it.

    So Rush is now engaging in the same thing, in a way, by trying to say that he wants Obama's Policies to fail, not Obama himself.
    There probably is some truth in both views, I'm certain Rush wants the implementation of liberalism to fail, but as the above adresses, there is probably more schtick to it than most see.


    Rush apparently does not see how his current position parralels that of the left with regard to supporting the troops.
    I can concede this point.


    I'm not saying he has lost ratings, or that they have not increased, I'm saying that he will receive a boost in ratings when he has more material.
    It's possible, but that would depend on what Obama does and the consequences...good or bad from said actions. If Obama creates a fallout from his policies, then Rush does have a possible independent audience increase in the making.

    Didn't his ratings increase more when he had Obama to go after in 2008? (Although in general an election year might increase ratings in it's own right)
    Off the top of my head the ratings showed the same numbers, slight increase, but they held to average. I could be mistaken, but our local ratings were consistent.

    I'm saying that he'll have even bigger ratings boosts with Obama in office than he would with McCAin in office because it is likely that more people will become unhappy with liberal policies while Obama is in office. And that's Rush's bread and butter.
    I don't know, McCain did some pretty screwy things himself, so it's quite possible that either of the two candidates could have provided enough idiocy for ratings boosts.

    It's addimittedly purely speculation on my part that his ratings will get a bigger boost with Obama than they would have with McCain. I can tell you one thing, though, there is little doubt that Rush's ratings will never decrease with a Dem in office.
    Hard to say really.
    Neither side in an argument can find the truth when both make an absolute claim on it.

    LMR

  3. #153
    Klattu Verata Nicto
    LaMidRighter's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2005
    Location
    Louisiana
    Last Seen
    07-21-17 @ 02:42 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Right
    Posts
    30,534

    Re: Democrats Launch Petition Against Rush Limbaugh

    Quote Originally Posted by ludahai View Post
    Really? I missed that, but considering how he runs his mouth, it wouldn't surprise me.
    It had something to do with a college thesis, don't have the link on hand, but it was well hidden until the end of the fairness doctrine.
    Neither side in an argument can find the truth when both make an absolute claim on it.

    LMR

  4. #154
    Defender of the Faith
    ludahai's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2005
    Location
    Taichung, Taiwan - 2017 East Asian Games Candidate City
    Last Seen
    07-03-13 @ 02:22 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Conservative
    Posts
    10,320

    Re: Democrats Launch Petition Against Rush Limbaugh

    Quote Originally Posted by LaMidRighter View Post
    It had something to do with a college thesis, don't have the link on hand, but it was well hidden until the end of the fairness doctrine.
    Oh, he pulled an MLK?

    *now awaiting charges of being a racist*
    Semper Paratus
    Boston = City of Champions: Bruins 2011; Celtics 2008; Red Sox 2004, 2007; Patriots 2002, 2004, 2005
    Jon Huntsman for President

  5. #155
    Sage
    disneydude's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    Los Angeles
    Last Seen
    12-08-17 @ 05:00 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    25,129

    Re: Democrats Launch Petition Against Rush Limbaugh

    Quote Originally Posted by Truth Detector View Post
    Oh my, now THIS is truly funny. Thank you Disney dude, you never fail to entertain with your blatant obfuscations and hypocrisy.
    Put your integrity where you mouth is TD...show me where I have ever been a hypocrite. I may be a lot of things, however, hypocrite is not one of them. I don't proclaim to be one thing and in actuality be another.
    Last edited by disneydude; 01-28-09 at 10:24 PM.
    <font size=5><b>Its been several weeks since the Vegas shooting.  Its it still "Too Early" or can we start having the conversation about finally doing something about these mass shootings???​</b></font>

  6. #156
    Klattu Verata Nicto
    LaMidRighter's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2005
    Location
    Louisiana
    Last Seen
    07-21-17 @ 02:42 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Right
    Posts
    30,534

    Re: Democrats Launch Petition Against Rush Limbaugh

    Quote Originally Posted by LaMidRighter View Post
    It had something to do with a college thesis, don't have the link on hand, but it was well hidden until the end of the fairness doctrine.
    Here's the link:
    Famous Plagiarists.com WarOnPlagiarism.org-- Political Profiles
    Neither side in an argument can find the truth when both make an absolute claim on it.

    LMR

  7. #157
    Sage
    disneydude's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    Los Angeles
    Last Seen
    12-08-17 @ 05:00 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    25,129

    Re: Democrats Launch Petition Against Rush Limbaugh


    Credibility about anything. When you get your information from a drug addicted gas bag...how accurate do you think that information is going to be?
    <font size=5><b>Its been several weeks since the Vegas shooting.  Its it still "Too Early" or can we start having the conversation about finally doing something about these mass shootings???​</b></font>

  8. #158
    Sage
    disneydude's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    Los Angeles
    Last Seen
    12-08-17 @ 05:00 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    25,129

    Re: Democrats Launch Petition Against Rush Limbaugh

    Quote Originally Posted by Truth Detector View Post
    Oh this is rich; the Democrats are exercising their free speech by trying to deny Rush his free speech.

    Yes folks, you just can't make up this liberal mumbo jumbo. If you won't join them, be censured.

    The ONLY ones in the world and on this forum who can't stand free speech are the Liberals who constantly rail about how evil Fox News and Rush Limbaugh are; two supposedly minor players in the world of media empires.

    But to compound the laughable state Liberals are in, they want to suggest that it was patriotic to impugn and hate George Bush, but wrong to say anything against Obama's plan to destroy the American economy and dream and they are out in fanatical droves to slam the small single voice in American that still has some reason; Rush Limbaugh.

    The only thing more fantastical here is the silly assed notion being expressed by the drive-by media and Liberal Democrats that allowing the Government to spend us into a two trillion debt hole is the ONLY way to get us out of a recession.

    It would be hilarious if it weren't such an impending disaster for generations of Americans and the future of our economy,

    Carry on; watching you people rant and whine about Rush is about as amusing as watching you suggest that impugning the Commander and Chief while our troops are at risk is somehow patriotic. Yet now it is unpatriotic to suggest that Obama's plan is idiotic. Got hypocrisy?

    Again...do you care to give a link of anyone who suggested that criticizing Obama's plan is "unpatriotic"?
    <font size=5><b>Its been several weeks since the Vegas shooting.  Its it still "Too Early" or can we start having the conversation about finally doing something about these mass shootings???​</b></font>

  9. #159
    Banned

    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Last Seen
    07-11-11 @ 02:00 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    3,249

    Re: Democrats Launch Petition Against Rush Limbaugh

    Quote Originally Posted by disneydude View Post
    Credibility about anything. When you get your information from a drug addicted gas bag...how accurate do you think that information is going to be?
    Well I knew you had no intelligent answer. News Flash: Nobody gets their news from Limbaugh. He does not even do news. Though the news does interrupt his program about once every twenty three minutes or so.

    Now run back to the kiddy table, the grown ups are trying to talk.

  10. #160
    Matthew 16:3

    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    Everywhere and nowhere
    Last Seen
    06-24-17 @ 05:05 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Progressive
    Posts
    45,603

    Re: Democrats Launch Petition Against Rush Limbaugh

    Quote Originally Posted by LaMidRighter View Post
    Rush has a particular schtick that he uses, and the purpose of this particular logical exercise was to point out the fallacy of the "support the troops but...." banner as he saw it. But I can't fault people for seeing it from your point of view either because it was a subtle move that you'd have to be a regular listener who has become familiar with his methods to fully be in on it.

    I can easily see that being the case. As I'm not a regular listener, I cannot say for sure either way. I can only explain that it comes across a certain way to me, but I'll take your word for it that I'm missing something, because I admittedly am not a regular listener.
    Tucker Case - Tard magnet.

Page 16 of 29 FirstFirst ... 6141516171826 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •