Page 15 of 29 FirstFirst ... 5131415161725 ... LastLast
Results 141 to 150 of 281

Thread: Democrats Launch Petition Against Rush Limbaugh

  1. #141
    Professor
    Shewter's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Location
    Puget Sound
    Last Seen
    02-21-13 @ 09:14 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    1,995

    Re: Democrats Launch Petition Against Rush Limbaugh

    Quote Originally Posted by Sir Loin View Post
    BTW Shewter, I have not seen you since you quietly slithered away from another thread. You know the one where you vehemently argued with me again and again about comments I never made? Yeah the thread where you and RighOfCenter both kept yammering about another posters comments as being mine, despite the fact that I kept telling you they were not mine? Yeah that one, the one where once it became obvious neither of you knew what the hell you were blabbering about, you both just did the Batgirl and vanished without even acknowledging your mistakes and all the idiotic things said mistakes led you to claim?

    Of course it did not worry me as I knew that kind of brave owning up to your errors naturally signaled that you would soon start trolling me and throwing your most sincere “thanks” the way of anyone I argue with. Chuckle. I can hear you as you “thank” away, go get him Tucker, that guy Sir Loin made me make an ass of myself and I ran away like a little girl. Ewwwwwww!!!!!!!!!!
    Are you attacking me because you can't provide your proof to Tucker? Or am I just that compelling?
    Quote Originally Posted by Tucker Case View Post
    Don't apologize to me over that silly ****. I could care less if I can see the dust or not.
    Now apologize for apologizing!

  2. #142
    Sage
    disneydude's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    Los Angeles
    Last Seen
    12-15-17 @ 12:36 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    25,145

    Re: Democrats Launch Petition Against Rush Limbaugh

    Quote Originally Posted by American View Post
    Hilarious coming from someone who just voted for a coke snorter and plagiarizer.
    I never voted for Bush.
    <font size=5><b>Its been several weeks since the Vegas shooting.  Its it still "Too Early" or can we start having the conversation about finally doing something about these mass shootings???​</b></font>

  3. #143
    Sage
    disneydude's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    Los Angeles
    Last Seen
    12-15-17 @ 12:36 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    25,145

    Re: Democrats Launch Petition Against Rush Limbaugh

    Quote Originally Posted by Sir Loin View Post
    Credibility about what?

    Just so you know, yeah I do generally give Limbaugh more “credit” than say.......... you. But then you are exactly the kind of irrational hyper partisan that you claim Limbaugh is. Go figure.
    I don't claim to be anything but a partisan...but I am not a hypocrite like Limbaugh that says one thing and does another.
    <font size=5><b>Its been several weeks since the Vegas shooting.  Its it still "Too Early" or can we start having the conversation about finally doing something about these mass shootings???​</b></font>

  4. #144
    Banned

    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Last Seen
    07-11-11 @ 02:00 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    3,249

    Re: Democrats Launch Petition Against Rush Limbaugh

    Quote Originally Posted by Tucker Case View Post
    Why don't you back up your claims? You made the claim that there is demographic evidence to refute my statements. Yet, you consistently fail to cite those sources.

    All I am asking for is that demographic data you claim exists. Why are you dogding and dancing around trying to avoid this as though you are an unwilling recipient of a suppository?

    Allow me to SPECULATE as to what the real reason is behind this dodging and dancing:

    You made it up. You LIED. The evidence you pretended exists does NOT exist. You are dishonest, and don't want to fess up to your dishonesty.

    So dodge and dance to your hearts content. In the end, (pun fully intended) the suppository doesn't hurt all that bad.
    Sigh. OK, since you insist we shall do the deconstruct tango.

    You posted your take and I pointed out that your comment was not quite true; I explained why. I also pointed out that the arguments that Limbaugh’s audience is merely the disenfranchised stupid and uneducated masses that so many STILL claim them to be, was long ago debunked. And I mean long ago. Gone (except in the minds of people like Middleground) are the days when one could claim the Limbaugh audience as disenfranchised Joe Six Pack and that is for whom Rush speaks, and still be taken seriously. This is in fact what the early attacks on his audience were and sometimes still are. It took a while for the demographics to demonstrate who the kind of people that listen to him and talk radio in general are. Which is generally well informed educated upwardly mobile and often affluent, but not exactly the non thinking Limbot/robot types. Fact of the matter is that Limbaugh has one of the most valuable and envied demographic bases of any entertainer in the world. Yet in 2009 we have posters like Middleground and others, who actually don’t know this and will even argue that this same audience is brainwashed and insert really dumb claim here.

    This was all completely apparent in #61 http://www.debatepolitics.com/breaki...post1057902223

    Since you claim to work at a radio broadcast station and have yourself made similar comments as mine about the Limbaugh audience in this thread, what is it exactly you think you want to argue? What semantic hairsplitting are you on about? Do tell, because as you can see I’m not exactly intimidated or stonewalled by your more irrational tactics (his Holiness, I lied, I invented, I made up, I'm ignorant) and it started in #88 http://www.debatepolitics.com/breaki...post1057902385 . Which is where you tried to trot out the argument that my comments were somehow off base because you did not argue context. While at the same time still arguing that Limbaugh literally said he wants Obama to fail. Yet in another post in this thread you admit you realize he did not mean that literally. Yet there you are arguing otherwise with me in #88. Dumb huh? And so it has gone, at your insistence, since then.

    So tell me, which of my points about Limbaugh’s audience demographics is it I am lying about? And let me go you one better, I’m so eager to dodge and avoid this argument you insist on having that I’ll be glad to debate those points with you in a True Debate. I suggest you head to work and ask if there are any of the annual demographic breakouts from Talkers magazine around for you to bone up on. You see, despite your juvenile goads and pretense that I am lying, I tend to speak to matters and facts that I have a pretty firm command of and familiarity with.


    So yeah, let us see if we can at last find some put up or shut up, or not. Either way you’ll find me more than willing to give you as much rope as you want here. When ever I make that promise I can assure you I mean it. I enjoy a good fight no matter the venue and I’ll be glad to disabuse you of this fantasy you are under where I am avoiding you in order to “dance” as you posture about. Frankly all I can see from your posts directed at me thus far is posturing.
    Last edited by Sir Loin; 01-28-09 at 09:41 PM.

  5. #145
    Banned

    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Last Seen
    07-11-11 @ 02:00 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    3,249

    Re: Democrats Launch Petition Against Rush Limbaugh

    Quote Originally Posted by Shewter View Post
    Are you attacking me because you can't provide your proof to Tucker? Or am I just that compelling?

    Actually I’m not attacking you, I’m mocking you and the way you fled from the thread so bravely. I must tell you that people who make the kind of scene you did, but then flee rather than own up to the scene they made much of and got wrong, are not very compelling folks in general. In fact on internet debate forums they are a dime a dozen.

    Quote Originally Posted by disneydude View Post
    I don't claim to be anything but a partisan...but I am not a hypocrite like Limbaugh that says one thing and does another.
    Hmmm you could not answer the “credibility” what question. Who knew?

  6. #146
    Banned
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Location
    Ventura California
    Last Seen
    11-15-11 @ 11:17 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    8,706

    Re: Democrats Launch Petition Against Rush Limbaugh

    Quote Originally Posted by TheNextEra View Post
    Sounds like the ones that are going into a tizzy are conservatives over the The Democratic Congressional Campaign Committee expressing it's rights of free speech against Rush.

    The Rushbots don't like free speech when it goes against their mesiah Rush.
    Oh this is rich; the Democrats are exercising their free speech by trying to deny Rush his free speech.

    Yes folks, you just can't make up this liberal mumbo jumbo. If you won't join them, be censured.

    The ONLY ones in the world and on this forum who can't stand free speech are the Liberals who constantly rail about how evil Fox News and Rush Limbaugh are; two supposedly minor players in the world of media empires.

    But to compound the laughable state Liberals are in, they want to suggest that it was patriotic to impugn and hate George Bush, but wrong to say anything against Obama's plan to destroy the American economy and dream and they are out in fanatical droves to slam the small single voice in American that still has some reason; Rush Limbaugh.

    The only thing more fantastical here is the silly assed notion being expressed by the drive-by media and Liberal Democrats that allowing the Government to spend us into a two trillion debt hole is the ONLY way to get us out of a recession.

    It would be hilarious if it weren't such an impending disaster for generations of Americans and the future of our economy,

    Carry on; watching you people rant and whine about Rush is about as amusing as watching you suggest that impugning the Commander and Chief while our troops are at risk is somehow patriotic. Yet now it is unpatriotic to suggest that Obama's plan is idiotic. Got hypocrisy?


  7. #147
    Banned
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Location
    Ventura California
    Last Seen
    11-15-11 @ 11:17 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    8,706

    Re: Democrats Launch Petition Against Rush Limbaugh

    Quote Originally Posted by disneydude View Post
    I don't claim to be anything but a partisan...but I am not a hypocrite like Limbaugh that says one thing and does another.
    Oh my, now THIS is truly funny. Thank you Disney dude, you never fail to entertain with your blatant obfuscations and hypocrisy.

  8. #148
    Tavern Bartender
    Constitutionalist
    American's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Location
    Virginia
    Last Seen
    12-15-17 @ 10:49 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    76,323

    Re: Democrats Launch Petition Against Rush Limbaugh

    I hope Rush holds another ebay auction on this.
    "He who does not think himself worth saving from poverty and ignorance by his own efforts, will hardly be thought worth the efforts of anybody else." -- Frederick Douglass, Self-Made Men (1872)
    "Fly-over" country voted, and The Donald is now POTUS.

  9. #149
    Banned
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Location
    Ventura California
    Last Seen
    11-15-11 @ 11:17 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    8,706

    Re: Democrats Launch Petition Against Rush Limbaugh

    Quote Originally Posted by American View Post
    I hope Rush holds another ebay auction on this.
    Knowing Rush, he will turn this silly nonsense into something good and charitable; something his media counterparts rarely do.

  10. #150
    Klattu Verata Nicto
    LaMidRighter's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2005
    Location
    Louisiana
    Last Seen
    07-21-17 @ 02:42 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Right
    Posts
    30,534

    Re: Democrats Launch Petition Against Rush Limbaugh

    Quote Originally Posted by independent_thinker2002 View Post
    Bush plagiarized?
    No but Biden did.
    Neither side in an argument can find the truth when both make an absolute claim on it.

    LMR

Page 15 of 29 FirstFirst ... 5131415161725 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •