Page 13 of 29 FirstFirst ... 3111213141523 ... LastLast
Results 121 to 130 of 281

Thread: Democrats Launch Petition Against Rush Limbaugh

  1. #121
    Matthew 16:3

    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    Everywhere and nowhere
    Last Seen
    06-24-17 @ 05:05 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Progressive
    Posts
    45,603

    Re: Democrats Launch Petition Against Rush Limbaugh

    Quote Originally Posted by Sir Loin View Post
    If that is all you have left, sure I don't know what disenfranchised means anymore than I knew you were just speculating. Unless you have found some demographic data that supports your speculation. Oh yeah, you really got me there.
    Thus illustrating that you are arguing from the position of ignorance.

    I never claimed that I wasn't speculating. I even said "MY TAKE ON IT"

    YOU are the one who actually made the claim that the demographic data can disprove what I'm saying.

    Yet MYSTERIOUSLY this demographic data cannot be evidenced in any of your posts.

    Can you actually show this or were you simply making sure to discredit anyone who might not have nice things to say about His Holiness?



    Seriously, until you can actually comprehend my post, don't bother commenting on it.

    By arguing form your position of ignorance, you only support the idea that Limbaugh's fans are "insert claim here".
    Last edited by Tucker Case; 01-28-09 at 07:02 PM.
    Tucker Case - Tard magnet.

  2. #122
    Banned

    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Last Seen
    07-11-11 @ 02:00 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    3,249

    Re: Democrats Launch Petition Against Rush Limbaugh

    Quote Originally Posted by Tucker Case View Post
    Thus illustrating that you are arguing from the position of ignorance.

    I never claimed that I wasn't speculating. I even said "MY TAKE ON IT"

    YOU are the one who actually made the claim that the demographic data can disprove what I'm saying.

    Yet MYSTERIOUSLY this demographic data cannot be evidenced in any of your posts.

    Can you actually show this or were you simply making sure to discredit anyone who might not have nice things to say about His Holiness?

    Seriously, until you can actually comprehend my post, don't bother commenting on it.

    By arguing form your position of ignorance, you only support the idea that Limbaugh's fans are "insert claim here".

    So you want to argue what? The meaning of “your take” versus speculation? OK, you first. Chuckle.

    Demographic data does argue that Limbaugh’s audience is well informed, far from stupid and on average highly educated. But then I see you already noted pretty much the same thing. But if you want to argue that his audience feels disenfranchised, go right ahead and quote your sources and I’ll play along with you, since you insist on arguing about it.

    You might want to look back at my posting history on Limbaugh, before you leap to any dumb assumptions. Better yet, why not PM Aquapub and ask him if I view Limbaugh as his Holiness? Besides I think the whole calling Limbaugh his holiness is as dumb as calling Obama the Messiah. But then there are those who gleefully indulge in those dumb clichés when trying to argue with others. Congrats on joining that elite club.

  3. #123
    Professor
    Shewter's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Location
    Puget Sound
    Last Seen
    02-21-13 @ 09:14 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    1,995

    Re: Democrats Launch Petition Against Rush Limbaugh

    Quote Originally Posted by Sir Loin View Post
    So you want to argue what? The meaning of “your take” versus speculation? OK, you first. Chuckle.
    He's Tucker Case. Not "Chuckle"! GOOD DAY SIR!
    Quote Originally Posted by Tucker Case View Post
    Don't apologize to me over that silly ****. I could care less if I can see the dust or not.
    Now apologize for apologizing!

  4. #124
    Matthew 16:3

    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    Everywhere and nowhere
    Last Seen
    06-24-17 @ 05:05 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Progressive
    Posts
    45,603

    Re: Democrats Launch Petition Against Rush Limbaugh

    Quote Originally Posted by Sir Loin View Post
    Demographic data does argue that Limbaugh’s audience is well informed, far from stupid and on average highly educated. But then I see you already noted pretty much the same thing. But if you want to argue that his audience feels disenfranchised, go right ahead and quote your sources and I’ll play along with you, since you insist on arguing about it.
    Wait a minute. You are the one that said:

    ...demographics long ago destroyed the claim that Limbaugh’s audience is disenfranchised...
    YOU are the one who made the claim that evidence proves that they are not disenfranchised, Chief, not me.

    My comment was speculative, and I never pretended otherwise.

    You are the one making the claim which you have also implied that you could cite demographic evidence to support this claim.

    As the saying goes: put up or shut up.
    Last edited by Tucker Case; 01-28-09 at 07:18 PM.
    Tucker Case - Tard magnet.

  5. #125
    Banned

    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Last Seen
    07-11-11 @ 02:00 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    3,249

    Re: Democrats Launch Petition Against Rush Limbaugh

    Quote Originally Posted by Tucker Case View Post
    Wait a minute. You are the one that said:

    YOU are the one who made the claim that evidence proves that tehy are not disenfranchised, Chief, not me.

    My commetn was speculative, and I never pretended otherwise.

    You are the one making the claim which you have also implied that you could cite demographic evidence to support this claim.

    As the saying goes: put up or shut up.
    First off, I was joking when I said you first. And that was offered in reply to having an argument about the differences between “your take” and speculation. Please do try to keep up while you are claiming I can’t keep up. MmmK?


    The comment of mine that has you all a twitter, now again, is:
    Quote Originally Posted by Sir Loin View Post
    Not to deny you your speculation, but demographics long ago destroyed the claim that Limbaugh’s audience is disenfranchised, stupid, uneducated and insert claim here.
    One more time, if you really insist on arguing that Limbaugh’s audience does feel disenfranchised, then start listing your sources and making your argument. Be sure to include how that feeling of disenfranchisement existed as you say it does, through all the years he has been on air, including when his party was in power. You’ll be hard pressed to apply your analogy with regard to a great many years since he came on air. This is your argument that you claimed I tried to invent, so have at it if you must simply insist on having this argument.


    Or you could come up for air too. Before you start cherry picking my comments and editing them to fit this growing more pathetic by the second argument of yours, ya know that I invented? Chuckle.

  6. #126
    Defender of the Faith
    ludahai's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2005
    Location
    Taichung, Taiwan - 2017 East Asian Games Candidate City
    Last Seen
    07-03-13 @ 02:22 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Conservative
    Posts
    10,320

    Re: Democrats Launch Petition Against Rush Limbaugh

    Quote Originally Posted by Ikari View Post
    Limbaugh does better with the opposition in office I believe. This sort of stuff is right up his alley. Bravo Democrats for playing right into his hands.
    Remember way back when after Clinton won the election pundits said that was the end of Limbaugh? Boy, were they wrong. Clinton gave Limbaugh more than enough material to keep him going. Now, while I don't expect Obama to be quite as giving as Clinton, there is still Pelosi, Reid, Dean, and Bidon to give him PLENTY of material for the next two/four years.
    Semper Paratus
    Boston = City of Champions: Bruins 2011; Celtics 2008; Red Sox 2004, 2007; Patriots 2002, 2004, 2005
    Jon Huntsman for President

  7. #127
    Sage

    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Last Seen
    09-24-17 @ 04:38 AM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    29,261

    Re: Democrats Launch Petition Against Rush Limbaugh

    Quote Originally Posted by ludahai View Post
    Remember way back when after Clinton won the election pundits said that was the end of Limbaugh? Boy, were they wrong. Clinton gave Limbaugh more than enough material to keep him going. Now, while I don't expect Obama to be quite as giving as Clinton, there is still Pelosi, Reid, Dean, and Bidon to give him PLENTY of material for the next two/four years.
    Ya left out Al Franken, I'm sure Limbaugh will have a close eye on him.

  8. #128
    Sage
    disneydude's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    Los Angeles
    Last Seen
    12-15-17 @ 12:36 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    25,145

    Re: Democrats Launch Petition Against Rush Limbaugh

    Quote Originally Posted by Sir Loin;1057902690 Pay closer attention next time, I said trying to label people who don't agee with you or who listen to talk radio as "brainwashed" etc, etc is dumb. In fact it is [B
    real dumb[/B]. And of course the rest of your argument is specious, go figure /]
    Rush is a drug addict hypocrite...what do you think that says about anyone who gives him any credibility?
    The fact is...the only people who do are the radical right who only listen to him because he plays to their beliefs.

    Which again is why I say we should all encourage him to speak out as often as he can and I think the Republican party should embrace him...that's only good news for the rest of us.
    <font size=5><b>Its been several weeks since the Vegas shooting.  Its it still "Too Early" or can we start having the conversation about finally doing something about these mass shootings???​</b></font>

  9. #129
    Matthew 16:3

    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    Everywhere and nowhere
    Last Seen
    06-24-17 @ 05:05 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Progressive
    Posts
    45,603

    Re: Democrats Launch Petition Against Rush Limbaugh

    Quote Originally Posted by Sir Loin View Post

    First off, I was joking when I said you first. And that was offered in reply to having an argument about the differences between “your take” and speculation. Please do try to keep up while you are claiming I can’t keep up. MmmK?


    The comment of mine that has you all a twitter, now again, is:

    One more time, if you really insist on arguing that Limbaugh’s audience does feel disenfranchised, then start listing your sources and making your argument. Be sure to include how that feeling of disenfranchisement existed as you say it does, through all the years he has been on air, including when his party was in power. You’ll be hard pressed to apply your analogy with regard to a great many years since he came on air. This is your argument that you claimed I tried to invent, so have at it if you must simply insist on having this argument.


    Or you could come up for air too. Before you start cherry picking my comments and editing them to fit this growing more pathetic by the second argument of yours, ya know that I invented? Chuckle.
    So you cannot produce sources to back your claim, even though you imply that you could.



    Fail.
    Tucker Case - Tard magnet.

  10. #130
    Banned

    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Last Seen
    07-11-11 @ 02:00 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    3,249

    Re: Democrats Launch Petition Against Rush Limbaugh

    Quote Originally Posted by disneydude View Post
    Rush is a drug addict hypocrite...what do you think that says about anyone who gives him any credibility?
    The fact is...the only people who do are the radical right who only listen to him because he plays to their beliefs.

    Which again is why I say we should all encourage him to speak out as often as he can and I think the Republican party should embrace him...that's only good news for the rest of us.

    Credibility about what?

    Just so you know, yeah I do generally give Limbaugh more “credit” than say.......... you. But then you are exactly the kind of irrational hyper partisan that you claim Limbaugh is. Go figure.

Page 13 of 29 FirstFirst ... 3111213141523 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •