Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 40

Thread: The new US Treasury secretary

  1. #1
    Banned
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Last Seen
    04-24-09 @ 08:26 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    964

    The new US Treasury secretary

    This is why I already woke up and found out that Obama is no more than a second George Bush.

    Geithner Shifts to Treasury, Dudley Promoted at Fed - Yahoo! News

    Our future is in hands of another regular politician (Obama) approving the promotion of corrupt officials.

  2. #2
    Sage
    Gibberish's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    San Diego, CA
    Last Seen
    12-23-12 @ 09:29 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Moderate
    Posts
    6,339

    Re: The new US Treasury secretary

    Quote Originally Posted by conquer View Post
    This is why I already woke up and found out that Obama is no more than a second George Bush.

    Geithner Shifts to Treasury, Dudley Promoted at Fed - Yahoo! News

    Our future is in hands of another regular politician (Obama) approving the promotion of corrupt officials.
    You would rather Obama appoint cabinet members with no political experience? That's the only way you wouldn't be able to classify someone as not a "regular politician".
    "Gold gets dug out of the ground in Africa, or someplace. Then we melt it down, dig another hole, bury it again and pay people to stand around guarding it. It has no utility. Anyone watching from Mars would be scratching their head."
    - Warren Buffett

  3. #3
    Sage

    Join Date
    May 2007
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 12:55 AM
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    7,940

    Re: The new US Treasury secretary

    Like my pappy used to say, "they're all in bed together" and I have beileved that since I was chewin on tree bark.
    Last edited by rhinefire; 01-27-09 at 03:10 PM.
    It's nothing more than X's and O's.

  4. #4
    Banned
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Last Seen
    04-24-09 @ 08:26 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    964

    Re: The new US Treasury secretary

    The sad and funny scenario is that the majority of news reporters still in love with Obama and don't want to touch his image because he is for them the promised messiah.

    Too bad that integrity is the first quality missing in this new administration, from here, I won't expect much from Obama but a new George Bush but with more popularity.

  5. #5
    Sage
    Gibberish's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    San Diego, CA
    Last Seen
    12-23-12 @ 09:29 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Moderate
    Posts
    6,339

    Re: The new US Treasury secretary

    Quote Originally Posted by conquer View Post
    The sad and funny scenario is that the majority of news reporters still in love with Obama and don't want to touch his image because he is for them the promised messiah.

    Too bad that integrity is the first quality missing in this new administration, from here, I won't expect much from Obama but a new George Bush but with more popularity.
    Because integrity is determined by Presidents who only appointment cabinet members with no political experience?
    "Gold gets dug out of the ground in Africa, or someplace. Then we melt it down, dig another hole, bury it again and pay people to stand around guarding it. It has no utility. Anyone watching from Mars would be scratching their head."
    - Warren Buffett

  6. #6
    Girthless
    RightinNYC's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Location
    New York, NY
    Last Seen
    01-23-11 @ 11:56 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Slightly Conservative
    Posts
    25,894

    Re: The new US Treasury secretary

    Quote Originally Posted by Gibberish View Post
    You would rather Obama appoint cabinet members with no political experience? That's the only way you wouldn't be able to classify someone as not a "regular politician".
    Just for argument's sake, why does the Treasury Secretary need "political experience"?
    People sleep peaceably in their beds at night only because rough men stand ready to do violence on their behalf.

  7. #7
    Banned
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Location
    in a neocon's craw
    Last Seen
    04-24-17 @ 10:55 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Slightly Liberal
    Posts
    2,801

    Re: The new US Treasury secretary

    The guy didn't pay some taxes on time and you fault him for it... conversely you don't hold such animosity for, oh, Joe the not so much a plumber who, also was delinquent on some taxes, as was McCain.

  8. #8
    Girthless
    RightinNYC's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Location
    New York, NY
    Last Seen
    01-23-11 @ 11:56 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Slightly Conservative
    Posts
    25,894

    Re: The new US Treasury secretary

    Quote Originally Posted by Slippery Slope View Post
    The guy didn't pay some taxes on time and you fault him for it... conversely you don't hold such animosity for, oh, Joe the not so much a plumber who, also was delinquent on some taxes
    If Joe the Plumber wanted to be Treasury secretary, yea, it would matter.
    as was McCain.
    Link?


    Again, I'm rather astonished at how willing people are to conclude that this wasn't a big deal. The dude did something wrong, 4 years in a row. The IRS audited two of those years and fined him. He apologized, and paid the fine, fixing the problem...for those two years. It was only once Obama won that he acknowledged the problem for the other two years and paid the back taxes...with no fines.

    What a load.
    People sleep peaceably in their beds at night only because rough men stand ready to do violence on their behalf.

  9. #9
    Banned
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Last Seen
    04-24-09 @ 08:26 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    964

    Re: The new US Treasury secretary

    Quote Originally Posted by RightinNYC View Post
    If Joe the Plumber wanted to be Treasury secretary, yea, it would matter.


    Link?


    Again, I'm rather astonished at how willing people are to conclude that this wasn't a big deal. The dude did something wrong, 4 years in a row. The IRS audited two of those years and fined him. He apologized, and paid the fine, fixing the problem...for those two years. It was only once Obama won that he acknowledged the problem for the other two years and paid the back taxes...with no fines.

    What a load.
    I agree.

    Experience in this field of course is needed, and no Joe the plumber can fit for such a position, but also for to be a Treasury secretary, the best candidate must be the "cleanest one", and Geithner deals about his back paid taxes carry lots of stains.

    No doubt that Geithner is not the man to be trusted the treasury of US.

    This is a very bad beginning of the Obama administration.

  10. #10
    Sage

    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Last Seen
    09-24-17 @ 04:38 AM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    29,261

    Re: The new US Treasury secretary

    Quote Originally Posted by conquer View Post
    I agree.

    Experience in this field of course is needed, and no Joe the plumber can fit for such a position, but also for to be a Treasury secretary, the best candidate must be the "cleanest one", and Geithner deals about his back paid taxes carry lots of stains.
    I'm hoping he brings a little bit of sense to the tax code for us freelancers 1099ers

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •