Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
Results 11 to 20 of 40

Thread: The new US Treasury secretary

  1. #11
    Why so serious?

    Moon's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Location
    Washington State
    Last Seen
    Today @ 02:49 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    4,291

    Re: The new US Treasury secretary

    Quote Originally Posted by Slippery Slope View Post
    The guy didn't pay some taxes on time and you fault him for it... conversely you don't hold such animosity for, oh, Joe the not so much a plumber who, also was delinquent on some taxes, as was McCain.
    I missed the news...which cabinet position was Joe the plumber nominated for?
    "I believe in a Spinoza's God who reveals himself in the harmony of all that exists, but not in a God who concerns himself with the fate and actions of human beings."

    --Albert Einstein, 1929

  2. #12
    Sage

    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Last Seen
    09-24-17 @ 04:38 AM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    29,261

    Re: The new US Treasury secretary

    Quote Originally Posted by Moon View Post
    I missed the news...which cabinet position was Joe the plumber nominated for?
    Depart of Sanitation Secretary? Leech Feild Sec?

  3. #13
    Why so serious?

    Moon's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Location
    Washington State
    Last Seen
    Today @ 02:49 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    4,291

    Re: The new US Treasury secretary

    Quote Originally Posted by winston53660 View Post
    Depart of Sanitation Secretary? Leech Feild Sec?
    Well, then that certainly puts him right up there with our new Treasury Secretary!
    "I believe in a Spinoza's God who reveals himself in the harmony of all that exists, but not in a God who concerns himself with the fate and actions of human beings."

    --Albert Einstein, 1929

  4. #14
    Global Moderator
    Silent Bob for President!

    RedAkston's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Location
    Florida
    Last Seen
    Today @ 01:56 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    33,787
    Blog Entries
    4

    Re: The new US Treasury secretary

    Quote Originally Posted by Slippery Slope View Post
    The guy didn't pay some taxes on time and you fault him for it... conversely you don't hold such animosity for, oh, Joe the not so much a plumber who, also was delinquent on some taxes, as was McCain.
    Joe the plumber is not in a government role either. And John McCain was elected by the people, not appointed by a congressional majority. But I understand why you failed to see that with your partisan blinders on and all.
    Welfare (Food Stamps, WIC, etc...) are not entitlements. They are taxpayer funded handouts and shouldn't be called entitlements at all. Social Security and Veteran's benefits are 'Entitlements' because the people receiving them are entitled to them. They were earned and paid for by the recipients.

  5. #15
    Banned
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Location
    in a neocon's craw
    Last Seen
    04-24-17 @ 10:55 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Slightly Liberal
    Posts
    2,801

    Re: The new US Treasury secretary

    I didn't say anything for or against the guy I'm just pointing out that tax "mistakes" are no big deal to repubs unless it's partisan for them to make it a big deal. Tax evasion is tax evasion whether you are EXXON or Joe the no so much a plumber or even the Treasury Sec.

  6. #16
    Girthless
    RightinNYC's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Location
    New York, NY
    Last Seen
    01-23-11 @ 11:56 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Slightly Conservative
    Posts
    25,894

    Re: The new US Treasury secretary

    Quote Originally Posted by Slippery Slope View Post
    I didn't say anything for or against the guy I'm just pointing out that tax "mistakes" are no big deal to repubs unless it's partisan for them to make it a big deal. Tax evasion is tax evasion whether you are EXXON or Joe the no so much a plumber or even the Treasury Sec.
    I just don't understand where you're getting your statements from? What makes you think that Republicans think tax "mistakes" are no big deal? I think they're a plenty big deal. If Joe the Plumber was TreasSec, I'd be pissed too.

    And for christ's sake, can we have a discussion where someone doesn't resort to throwing out EXXON or HALLIBURTON as if that means something?
    People sleep peaceably in their beds at night only because rough men stand ready to do violence on their behalf.

  7. #17
    Why so serious?

    Moon's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Location
    Washington State
    Last Seen
    Today @ 02:49 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    4,291

    Re: The new US Treasury secretary

    Quote Originally Posted by Slippery Slope View Post
    I didn't say anything for or against the guy I'm just pointing out that tax "mistakes" are no big deal to repubs unless it's partisan for them to make it a big deal. Tax evasion is tax evasion whether you are EXXON or Joe the no so much a plumber or even the Treasury Sec.
    I expect a wee bit more from someone nominated to be Secretary of the Treasury, than I do some random guy on the street. But maybe it's just me.
    "I believe in a Spinoza's God who reveals himself in the harmony of all that exists, but not in a God who concerns himself with the fate and actions of human beings."

    --Albert Einstein, 1929

  8. #18
    Why so serious?

    Moon's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Location
    Washington State
    Last Seen
    Today @ 02:49 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    4,291

    Re: The new US Treasury secretary

    Quote Originally Posted by RightinNYC View Post
    And for christ's sake, can we have a discussion where someone doesn't resort to throwing out EXXON or HALLIBURTON as if that means something?
    No, we can't. They are the boogeymen the left like to constantly bring up. It's usually a sign that they have nothing of any relevance left to say.
    "I believe in a Spinoza's God who reveals himself in the harmony of all that exists, but not in a God who concerns himself with the fate and actions of human beings."

    --Albert Einstein, 1929

  9. #19
    Human 2.0
    Maximus Zeebra's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Location
    Western Europe
    Last Seen
    09-07-17 @ 10:19 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    6,568

    Re: The new US Treasury secretary

    Quote Originally Posted by conquer View Post
    This is why I already woke up and found out that Obama is no more than a second George Bush.

    Geithner Shifts to Treasury, Dudley Promoted at Fed - Yahoo! News

    Our future is in hands of another regular politician (Obama) approving the promotion of corrupt officials.


    Secretary of the bankruptcy.
    Europe is illegally occupied by the US

  10. #20
    Banned
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Location
    in a neocon's craw
    Last Seen
    04-24-17 @ 10:55 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Slightly Liberal
    Posts
    2,801

    Re: The new US Treasury secretary

    Quote Originally Posted by RightinNYC View Post
    I just don't understand where you're getting your statements from? What makes you think that Republicans think tax "mistakes" are no big deal? I think they're a plenty big deal. If Joe the Plumber was TreasSec, I'd be pissed too.

    And for christ's sake, can we have a discussion where someone doesn't resort to throwing out EXXON or HALLIBURTON as if that means something?
    IOW, tax evasion or "mistakes" only matter if you are going to work in the government? I don't recall any of you repubs making such a stink over McCain or Joe the not so much a plumber. And your last comment is nothing but hyperbole.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •