Page 6 of 20 FirstFirst ... 4567816 ... LastLast
Results 51 to 60 of 194

Thread: Karl Rove Subpoenaed By John Conyers: 'Time To Talk'

  1. #51
    Tavern Bartender
    Constitutionalist
    American's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Location
    Virginia
    Last Seen
    12-09-17 @ 07:36 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    76,237

    Re: Karl Rove Subpoenaed By John Conyers: 'Time To Talk'

    Quote Originally Posted by aps View Post
    Kyle Sampson.
    Is that like lying before a Federal judge?
    "He who does not think himself worth saving from poverty and ignorance by his own efforts, will hardly be thought worth the efforts of anybody else." -- Frederick Douglass, Self-Made Men (1872)
    "Fly-over" country voted, and The Donald is now POTUS.

  2. #52
    Girthless
    RightinNYC's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Location
    New York, NY
    Last Seen
    01-23-11 @ 11:56 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Slightly Conservative
    Posts
    25,894

    Re: Karl Rove Subpoenaed By John Conyers: 'Time To Talk'

    Quote Originally Posted by aps View Post
    Kyle Sampson.
    1. Link?
    2. How exactly does subpoenaing Karl Rove address that issue?
    People sleep peaceably in their beds at night only because rough men stand ready to do violence on their behalf.

  3. #53
    Passionate
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Last Seen
    03-07-11 @ 04:35 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    15,675

    Re: Karl Rove Subpoenaed By John Conyers: 'Time To Talk'

    Quote Originally Posted by RightinNYC View Post
    1. Link?
    2. How exactly does subpoenaing Karl Rove address that issue?
    I tried to find the report from the IG's office (I read it months ago), but couldn't find it.
    Sampson and Rove worked on this issue together. Rove refused to talk to the Justice Department's IG office.

    This is what I recall.

    Ex-Aide to Say Others at Justice Knew of Firings - washingtonpost.com

    OpEdNews Journalist with BBC Has Rove Office Emails

  4. #54
    Banned
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Location
    in a neocon's craw
    Last Seen
    04-24-17 @ 10:55 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Slightly Liberal
    Posts
    2,801

    Re: Karl Rove Subpoenaed By John Conyers: 'Time To Talk'

    Quote Originally Posted by RightinNYC View Post
    lolwut?

    1) I work at Wendy's, not Burger King. **** "flamebroiling."
    2) Please explain to me what the differences are, I'd genuinely love to hear this.
    3) I don't even know what you're trying to say.



    Okay.
    1) my bad
    2) your boss can fire you for using or not using your position for political gains.
    3) sure you do

  5. #55
    Girthless
    RightinNYC's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Location
    New York, NY
    Last Seen
    01-23-11 @ 11:56 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Slightly Conservative
    Posts
    25,894

    Re: Karl Rove Subpoenaed By John Conyers: 'Time To Talk'

    Quote Originally Posted by Slippery Slope View Post
    1) my bad
    2) your boss can fire you for using or not using your position for political gains.
    3) sure you do
    1) apology accepted
    2) You do know that there are far more restrictions on hiring and firing in the private sector than there are in executive appointments, right? As in, the president can fire any US attorney at any time for whatever reason, no matter what.
    3) I think I see what you mean to be saying, but I just don't understand how it supports your argument
    People sleep peaceably in their beds at night only because rough men stand ready to do violence on their behalf.

  6. #56
    Guru
    ADK_Forever's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Last Seen
    05-07-11 @ 09:26 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    3,706

    Re: Karl Rove Subpoenaed By John Conyers: 'Time To Talk'

    Quote Originally Posted by RightinNYC View Post
    ... the president can fire any US attorney at any time for whatever reason, no matter what.
    Then why was Rove subpoena'd?
    Thank You Barack Obama for Restoring Honor To The Presidency.
    President Obama will rank as one of our greatest presidents!

  7. #57
    Why so serious?

    Moon's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Location
    Washington State
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 11:12 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    4,267

    Re: Karl Rove Subpoenaed By John Conyers: 'Time To Talk'

    Quote Originally Posted by ADK_Forever View Post
    Then why was Rove subpoena'd?
    Because Conyers is a grandstanding fool who believes he's relevant.
    "I believe in a Spinoza's God who reveals himself in the harmony of all that exists, but not in a God who concerns himself with the fate and actions of human beings."

    --Albert Einstein, 1929

  8. #58
    Professor
    WillRockwell's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Last Seen
    07-10-10 @ 09:48 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    1,950

    Re: Karl Rove Subpoenaed By John Conyers: 'Time To Talk'

    Quote Originally Posted by Moon View Post
    Because Conyers is a grandstanding fool who believes he's relevant.
    I think the correct answer is that Rove was using the president's prerogative to choose US attorneys to build a nationwide network designed to further the Bush political agenda by controlling the legal system in all 50 states through attorneys hand picked by Rove. Whatever your political viewpoint, this was a blatant attempt to subvert American democracy, and Rove needs to answer for it.

  9. #59
    Why so serious?

    Moon's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Location
    Washington State
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 11:12 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    4,267

    Re: Karl Rove Subpoenaed By John Conyers: 'Time To Talk'

    Quote Originally Posted by WillRockwell View Post
    I think the correct answer is that Rove was using the president's prerogative to choose US attorneys to build a nationwide network designed to further the Bush political agenda by controlling the legal system in all 50 states through attorneys hand picked by Rove. Whatever your political viewpoint, this was a blatant attempt to subvert American democracy, and Rove needs to answer for it.
    No it wasn't, and no he doesn't. The US attorneys serve at the pleasure of the President and can be dismissed at any time. Clinton dismissed all 93 US attorneys, which was his right to do as President. You may disagree with it, but it's nothing more sinister than the President exercising the power granted to him.
    "I believe in a Spinoza's God who reveals himself in the harmony of all that exists, but not in a God who concerns himself with the fate and actions of human beings."

    --Albert Einstein, 1929

  10. #60
    Professor
    WillRockwell's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Last Seen
    07-10-10 @ 09:48 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    1,950

    Re: Karl Rove Subpoenaed By John Conyers: 'Time To Talk'

    Quote Originally Posted by Moon View Post
    No it wasn't, and no he doesn't. The US attorneys serve at the pleasure of the President and can be dismissed at any time. Clinton dismissed all 93 US attorneys, which was his right to do as President. You may disagree with it, but it's nothing more sinister than the President exercising the power granted to him.
    You are correct that the president can dismiss attorneys. The issue is that Karl Rove was the one choosing who to dismiss and who to hire to replace them, with Bush rubber stamping his choices. The possibly "sinister" part is this: why would Karl Rove be deciding on the choices for US attorneys?

Page 6 of 20 FirstFirst ... 4567816 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •