Page 18 of 20 FirstFirst ... 81617181920 LastLast
Results 171 to 180 of 194

Thread: Karl Rove Subpoenaed By John Conyers: 'Time To Talk'

  1. #171
    Why so serious?

    Moon's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Location
    Washington State
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 04:51 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    4,291

    Re: Karl Rove Subpoenaed By John Conyers: 'Time To Talk'

    Quote Originally Posted by Middleground View Post
    Wow, facts are not important to you and your pretent lib'rul friends. I'll keep that in mind.

    Better start screaming for Dubya's head then. He's given some mighty plum positions to big GOP donors. According to you, he's scum.
    Ah, so my friends, who are indeed liberals (I don't know what "lib'rul" is supposed to represent, but I assume it's some juveniole attempt at an insult), don't pass muster with you because they don't agree with you.
    "I believe in a Spinoza's God who reveals himself in the harmony of all that exists, but not in a God who concerns himself with the fate and actions of human beings."

    --Albert Einstein, 1929

  2. #172
    Tavern Bartender
    Pussy Grabbin' Beaver
    Middleground's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    Canada's Capital
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 07:17 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    22,458
    Blog Entries
    1

    Re: Karl Rove Subpoenaed By John Conyers: 'Time To Talk'

    Quote Originally Posted by Moon View Post
    Ah, so my friends, who are indeed liberals (I don't know what "lib'rul" is supposed to represent, but I assume it's some juveniole attempt at an insult), don't pass muster with you because they don't agree with you.
    Incredibly compelling argument, Moon. *applause*
    No men are anywhere, and Im allowed to go in, because Im the owner of the pageant and therefore Im inspecting it, Trump said... Is everyone OK? You know, theyre standing there with no clothes. Is everybody OK? And you see these incredible looking women, and so I sort of get away with things like that.

  3. #173
    Why so serious?

    Moon's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Location
    Washington State
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 04:51 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    4,291

    Re: Karl Rove Subpoenaed By John Conyers: 'Time To Talk'

    Quote Originally Posted by Middleground View Post
    Incredibly compelling argument, Moon. *applause*
    I wasn't making an argument, just as you weren't in your last post. If you don't like the tone of the conversation, then perhaps you should work to change it. Insulting my friends and I isn't a very compelling argument, I'm sure you'll agree.

    As to Siegelman, he's appealing his case, so if it's as you say, then I'm sure his conviction will be overturned.
    "I believe in a Spinoza's God who reveals himself in the harmony of all that exists, but not in a God who concerns himself with the fate and actions of human beings."

    --Albert Einstein, 1929

  4. #174
    Tavern Bartender
    Pussy Grabbin' Beaver
    Middleground's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    Canada's Capital
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 07:17 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    22,458
    Blog Entries
    1

    Re: Karl Rove Subpoenaed By John Conyers: 'Time To Talk'

    Quote Originally Posted by Moon View Post
    I wasn't making an argument, just as you weren't in your last post. If you don't like the tone of the conversation, then perhaps you should work to change it. Insulting my friends and I isn't a very compelling argument, I'm sure you'll agree.

    As to Siegelman, he's appealing his case, so if it's as you say, then I'm sure his conviction will be overturned.
    Judging by the fact that I know, there's no way it will not be overturned. And rightly so.
    No men are anywhere, and Im allowed to go in, because Im the owner of the pageant and therefore Im inspecting it, Trump said... Is everyone OK? You know, theyre standing there with no clothes. Is everybody OK? And you see these incredible looking women, and so I sort of get away with things like that.

  5. #175
    Banned
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    Timbuktu
    Last Seen
    01-30-12 @ 08:09 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Slightly Conservative
    Posts
    2,730

    Re: Karl Rove Subpoenaed By John Conyers: 'Time To Talk'

    Quote Originally Posted by creativedreams View Post
    Karl Rove resigned just before, the first day in U.S. history a political figure (Dick Cheney) was in charge of NORAD for a day, which was on 9/11/01
    Plus is there any connection...
    there was a very large and unusual trade of stocks in the SAME airlines used in 9/11 but the "Securities and Exchange Commision" NEVER revealed who made the unusual trades which profited $50 Million when the attack happened and another $2 Billion within weeks after the attacks...
    Just wondering any connection?

  6. #176
    Why so serious?

    Moon's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Location
    Washington State
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 04:51 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    4,291

    Re: Karl Rove Subpoenaed By John Conyers: 'Time To Talk'

    Quote Originally Posted by Middleground View Post
    Judging by the fact that I know, there's no way it will not be overturned. And rightly so.
    Good for you! That's the spirit!!
    "I believe in a Spinoza's God who reveals himself in the harmony of all that exists, but not in a God who concerns himself with the fate and actions of human beings."

    --Albert Einstein, 1929

  7. #177
    Why so serious?

    Moon's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Location
    Washington State
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 04:51 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    4,291

    Re: Karl Rove Subpoenaed By John Conyers: 'Time To Talk'

    Quote Originally Posted by creativedreams View Post
    Plus is there any connection...
    there was a very large and unusual trade of stocks in the SAME airlines used in 9/11 but the "Securities and Exchange Commision" NEVER revealed who made the unusual trades which profited $50 Million when the attack happened and another $2 Billion within weeks after the attacks...
    Just wondering any connection?
    Dude, not every thread on this board is, or needs to be, about the conspiracy theories surrounding 9/11. Got clue?
    "I believe in a Spinoza's God who reveals himself in the harmony of all that exists, but not in a God who concerns himself with the fate and actions of human beings."

    --Albert Einstein, 1929

  8. #178
    Banned
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    Timbuktu
    Last Seen
    01-30-12 @ 08:09 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Slightly Conservative
    Posts
    2,730

    Re: Karl Rove Subpoenaed By John Conyers: 'Time To Talk'

    Quote Originally Posted by Moon View Post
    Dude, not every thread on this board is, or needs to be, about the conspiracy theories surrounding 9/11. Got clue?
    Can't blame me for having a little curiousity, can you? Just asking.

  9. #179
    Girthless
    RightinNYC's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Location
    New York, NY
    Last Seen
    01-23-11 @ 11:56 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Slightly Conservative
    Posts
    25,894

    Re: Karl Rove Subpoenaed By John Conyers: 'Time To Talk'

    Quote Originally Posted by Middleground View Post
    It has nothing much to do with the jurors. I guess you have not followed much regarding this case.

    Take a look at the judge and prosecutors, and get back to me, m'kay. If that sits right with you, then corruption is not a big thing to you. You better hope that no juror has a crush on the opposition when you're in court, but then again, you might not mind when she's allowed to pass a love note.
    Again, we argued this exact issue around and around on another thread. The fact that I don't buy what you're selling doesn't mean I haven't paid attention to the case.

    PS. You know that the lawyer that you're trumpeting as "blowing the whistle" on Rove? She's changed her testimony once already, so what makes you think she's telling the truth now?

    TheHill.com - GOP lawyer ties Rove to Siegelman case

    Quote Originally Posted by independent_thinker2002 View Post
    You don't have to get to the jury. You only have to get to the judge. The judge filters what the jury can and can't hear. It's not as if an injustice can't happen in a courtroom. Why won't Rove testify if it is so simple that he did nothing wrong?
    Would you want to appear before a group of people who you knew would do everything in their power to demonize and attack you for political gain? **** no.

    And FWIW, judges have far less control over what juries can and cannot hear than you might think.

    Quote Originally Posted by Middleground View Post
    And if one is knowledgeable regarding this case, one would know that this case was thrown out twice before they "found" a judge that would see it.

    Hmmmm.
    This is incorrect. The fact that prosecutors withdrew particular charges, leading to dismissal by the judge, is not the same thing as having the entire case "thrown out" by a judge.

    Quote Originally Posted by Middleground View Post
    Blago wanted to pocket the money himself, didn't he? Seigleman wanted it as a donation to his lottery state education fund, not his personal bank account.
    Blago wanted donations to his campaign fund. Siegelman wanted donations to his campaign fund for a particular project.

    Really different, eh?

    Quote Originally Posted by creativedreams View Post
    Plus is there any connection...
    there was a very large and unusual trade of stocks in the SAME airlines used in 9/11 but the "Securities and Exchange Commision" NEVER revealed who made the unusual trades which profited $50 Million when the attack happened and another $2 Billion within weeks after the attacks...
    Just wondering any connection?
    Keep this type of stuff in the conspiracy theory forum.
    People sleep peaceably in their beds at night only because rough men stand ready to do violence on their behalf.

  10. #180
    Banned
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Location
    Ventura California
    Last Seen
    11-15-11 @ 11:17 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    8,706

    Re: Karl Rove Subpoenaed By John Conyers: 'Time To Talk'

    Quote Originally Posted by Middleground View Post
    Everything that he was convicted for, had to do with that. The $500,000 donation to his state lottery education fund. He was NOT convicted of anything not related to that. Yes, that's right. Still think he's scum, or are you thinking, "wow, stuff like that does not happen in the good old US of A?"
    Fascinating argument; so you are saying it is NOT corrupt to shake down donors as long as you don't pocket the money but use it for a pet project or charity?

Page 18 of 20 FirstFirst ... 81617181920 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •