Page 15 of 20 FirstFirst ... 51314151617 ... LastLast
Results 141 to 150 of 194

Thread: Karl Rove Subpoenaed By John Conyers: 'Time To Talk'

  1. #141
    Bus Driver to Hell
    Thorgasm's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Last Seen
    Today @ 12:12 PM
    Lean
    Very Conservative
    Posts
    68,194

    Re: Karl Rove Subpoenaed By John Conyers: 'Time To Talk'

    Quote Originally Posted by danarhea View Post
    Actually, I used that source in order to have a little good-natured fun with you. I absolutely knew that, instead of addressing the issue itself, you would be dishonest enough to attack the source instead, so I decided to expose your dishonesty here and, at the same time, make a little fun of you, at your expense, of course. So I posted the Raw Story article, knowing exactly what your response would be. Then I would spring the trap. Consider the trap sprung. All the information in the Raw Story article is also available in about 1,000 other places, including main stream media.

    Here ya' go. This is a copy of the actual synopsis of the testimony of Dana Jill Simpson before the House Judiciary Committee, prepared by the Committee's staff itself. Simpson is the lifelong Republican prosecutor who worked on the campaigns of Reagan, Bush's father, and Bush himself, who felt that she needed to come forward and spill the beans about what was going on.

    I know, I know, you are going to say that it is a bunch of BS because this particular copy of the report is being hosted on the New York Times web site, which is really Pravda, that the Prosecutor, Simpson, is really a New York times reporter masquerading as a prosecutor, that super secret agents of Raw Story have infiltrated the New York Times, and have now recruited Barack Obama into their legions of ultra evil and not very nice guys. After that, I am sure you will come up with nice conspiracy theories about kangaroos sitting on toadstools, that plot the overthrow of the US government by means of a secret army of tuna fish, and hush puppies spilling the beans about corruption at dog shows controlled by the Liberal establishment elites, who communicate with each other through brain implants, and plot to overthrow Obama, who is really an illegal alien from the planet Headbanger.

    I can't wait to hear what you will spew next.

    OR

    You could provide some linkies and argue whether or not you feel Rove should be compelled to testify.

    It's your choice. Personally, I hope you continue to post in this thread the same way you are already doing. That way, I can get some more LULZ at your expense.
    Empty your PM box.
    Quote Originally Posted by faithful_servant View Post
    Being a psychiatric patient does not mean that you are mentally ill.



  2. #142
    Girthless
    RightinNYC's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Location
    New York, NY
    Last Seen
    01-23-11 @ 11:56 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Slightly Conservative
    Posts
    25,894

    Re: Karl Rove Subpoenaed By John Conyers: 'Time To Talk'

    Quote Originally Posted by aps View Post
    Come on, NYU. If this is such a partisan issue, please tell me why the Justice Department's IG's office recommended further investigation into what happened at the Justice Department in hiring and firing employees and why Mukasey then appointed a special prosector? Are they partisan douchebags as well?
    Quote Originally Posted by RightinNYC
    Quote Originally Posted by Simon W. Moon
    I'm just saying if it were so cut and dry simple, the DoJ would not have recommended further investigation
    The investigation was started by the Congress. The DoJ followed along by conducting its own investigation, as that's what Inspector General offices traditionally do (whether or not they believe the charges will be substantiated).
    http://www.debatepolitics.com/breaki...post1057749782

    Quote Originally Posted by American View Post
    Are you saying the Conyers is getting uppity?
    People sleep peaceably in their beds at night only because rough men stand ready to do violence on their behalf.

  3. #143
    Girthless
    RightinNYC's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Location
    New York, NY
    Last Seen
    01-23-11 @ 11:56 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Slightly Conservative
    Posts
    25,894

    Re: Karl Rove Subpoenaed By John Conyers: 'Time To Talk'

    Quote Originally Posted by aps View Post
    I see you ignored the second point Middleground made.
    Because it was factually inaccurate.

    Quote Originally Posted by Binary_Digit View Post
    The President is not allowed to obstruct justice. I wish you would address that instead of just repeating "at the pleasure of the president" 1000 more times.
    Explain how doing something that the president is expressly entitled to do "obstructed justice" within the meaning of the law.


    Quote Originally Posted by Middleground View Post
    He was. And if a kangaroo court is okay with you, then I can see why this doesn't bother you.
    I'm not interested in having this debate over again.

    Once before--and only one isolated attorney--and it seems by what I read on Wiki that those involved were punished. Justice can be served afterall! So let's see what can happen in this instance where nine--yes, nine!--were fired for what seems to be no reason other than political. Something smells, and Rove would serve the public well be trying giving his side of the story. Possible corruption like this--at such a high level-- is scary and should be thoroughly investigated, IMO.
    So you were lying when you said it had never happened before? Because I pointed that out to you months ago, so I don't know why else you would now be trying to claim it never happened.

    Quote Originally Posted by ADK_Forever View Post
    Name calling? Is that your failed attempt at trying to discredit Rep. John Conyers of Michigan, chairman of the House Judiciary Committee, just because you disagree with him?

    I suspect Conyers will show you just how effective a "douche bag" can be at exposing "one" of Bush's criminal cronies and bringing the hammer of justice down on the head of "Bush's brain".
    Oh noes!

    The "reasons" for those firings can most assuredly be considered "illegal". US attorneys are supposed to be non-partisan in their actions. Rove directed the conspiracy that those attorneys be fired because they were not for hire to do Bush and Rove's dirty politics. THAT is illegal!
    Show me the law.

    Do you realize that these were Bush's appointed US Attorneys?
    Wait, seriously? Holy ****, that changes everything.

    These guys deserve medals. They stood up to Bush and were actually doing very good jobs. They were fired solely because they wouldn't illegally go after Democrats in tightly contested elections.
    You really have no idea what you're talking about, do you? Show me where that's the case.

    Quote Originally Posted by Slippery Slope View Post
    Actually, I believe you are wrong. The president cannot fire any US attorney at any time for whatever reason, no matter what. I believe this is the crux of the problem right?
    Uh, no. That's not true.

    28 U.S.C. 541:

    (a) The President shall appoint, by and with the advice and consent of the Senate, a United States attorney for each judicial district.

    (b) Each United States attorney shall be appointed for a term of four years. On the expiration of his term, a United States attorney shall continue to perform the duties of his office until his successor is appointed and qualifies.

    (c) Each United States attorney is subject to removal by the President.
    People sleep peaceably in their beds at night only because rough men stand ready to do violence on their behalf.

  4. #144
    Why so serious?

    Moon's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Location
    Washington State
    Last Seen
    Today @ 05:18 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    4,291

    Re: Karl Rove Subpoenaed By John Conyers: 'Time To Talk'

    Quote Originally Posted by danarhea View Post
    Actually, quite a few links have been presented by a number of members of this forum, and I can understand how they can become exasperated when you and the other Bushnevik supporters don't bother to read them, but spew out nothing more than talking points which don't refute the information in the links they provided. This is not the Rush Limbaugh show. This is a debate forum. Got a link that contains pertinent information in the way of hard facts? Then post it. Crap or get off the pot and watch the discussion from the peanut gallery.
    More insults. Is that your strategy whenever you're discussing issues with someone who doesn't agree with you? My position is that the President can hire and fire political appointees whenever he wishes, and for whatever reason. I'm not sure how that makes me a "Bushnevik", but I guess that makes sense in your limited view of the world. If Obama did the same thing, I'd be making the exact same argument, and since we'd be on the same side of the issue, I guess we'd be best friends, huh?

    To me, this is an issue of Congress trying to blur the line of separation of powers. The President does not serve at the pleasure of Congress, regardless of what fools like Conyers believes. Whenever Congress tries to do anything to usurp the power of the Executive, the Executive has every right and responsibility to thwart those efforts. The DoJ has investigated the issue, and could find nothing criminal, though the IG didn't like the internal department process. So what?
    "I believe in a Spinoza's God who reveals himself in the harmony of all that exists, but not in a God who concerns himself with the fate and actions of human beings."

    --Albert Einstein, 1929

  5. #145
    Tavern Bartender
    Constitutionalist
    American's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Location
    Virginia
    Last Seen
    Today @ 04:19 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    76,277

    Re: Karl Rove Subpoenaed By John Conyers: 'Time To Talk'

    Quote Originally Posted by Moon View Post
    More insults. Is that your strategy whenever you're discussing issues with someone who doesn't agree with you? My position is that the President can hire and fire political appointees whenever he wishes, and for whatever reason. I'm not sure how that makes me a "Bushnevik", but I guess that makes sense in your limited view of the world. If Obama did the same thing, I'd be making the exact same argument, and since we'd be on the same side of the issue, I guess we'd be best friends, huh?

    To me, this is an issue of Congress trying to blur the line of separation of powers. The President does not serve at the pleasure of Congress, regardless of what fools like Conyers believes. Whenever Congress tries to do anything to usurp the power of the Executive, the Executive has every right and responsibility to thwart those efforts. The DoJ has investigated the issue, and could find nothing criminal, though the IG didn't like the internal department process. So what?
    Dana is a Bushbasher, he just can't help it. He gets completely unnerved when it comes to Bush. I don't understand it either, because he's pretty reasonable otherwise.
    "He who does not think himself worth saving from poverty and ignorance by his own efforts, will hardly be thought worth the efforts of anybody else." -- Frederick Douglass, Self-Made Men (1872)
    "Fly-over" country voted, and The Donald is now POTUS.

  6. #146
    Why so serious?

    Moon's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Location
    Washington State
    Last Seen
    Today @ 05:18 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    4,291

    Re: Karl Rove Subpoenaed By John Conyers: 'Time To Talk'

    Quote Originally Posted by American View Post
    Dana is a Bushbasher, he just can't help it. He gets completely unnerved when it comes to Bush. I don't understand it either, because he's pretty reasonable otherwise.
    I've seen the phenomenon on other boards, and I don't understand it either. Oh well.
    "I believe in a Spinoza's God who reveals himself in the harmony of all that exists, but not in a God who concerns himself with the fate and actions of human beings."

    --Albert Einstein, 1929

  7. #147
    Banned
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Location
    Ventura California
    Last Seen
    11-15-11 @ 11:17 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    8,706

    Re: Karl Rove Subpoenaed By John Conyers: 'Time To Talk'

    Quote Originally Posted by danarhea View Post
    Actually, I used that source in order to have a little good-natured fun with you. I absolutely knew that, instead of addressing the issue itself, you would be dishonest enough to attack the source instead, since that is what you always do. So I decided to expose your dishonesty here and, at the same time, make a little fun of you, at your expense, of course. So I posted the Raw Story article, knowing exactly what your response would be. Then I would spring the trap. Consider the trap sprung. All the information in the Raw Story article is also available in about 1,000 other places, including main stream media.

    Here ya' go. This is a copy of the actual synopsis of the testimony of Dana Jill Simpson before the House Judiciary Committee, prepared by the Committee's staff itself. Simpson is the lifelong Republican prosecutor who worked on the campaigns of Reagan, Bush's father, and Bush himself, who felt that she needed to come forward and spill the beans about what was going on.

    I know, I know, you are going to say that it is a bunch of BS because this particular copy of the report is being hosted on the New York Times web site, which is really Pravda, that the Prosecutor, Simpson, is really a New York times reporter masquerading as a prosecutor, that super secret agents of Raw Story have infiltrated the New York Times, and have now recruited Barack Obama into their legions of ultra evil and not very nice guys. After that, I am sure you will come up with nice conspiracy theories about kangaroos sitting on toadstools, that plot the overthrow of the US government by means of a secret army of tuna fish, and hush puppies spilling the beans about corruption at dog shows controlled by the Liberal establishment elites, who communicate with each other through brain implants, and plot to overthrow Obama, who is really an illegal alien from the planet Headbanger.

    I can't wait to hear what you will spew next.

    OR

    You could provide some linkies and argue whether or not you feel Rove should be compelled to testify.

    It's your choice. Personally, I hope you continue to post in this thread the same way you are already doing. That way, I can get some more LULZ at your expense.
    Have you ever watched a John Conyers hearing? Trap? The only trap I see here is the one between your ears where nothing gets in and nothing gets out.

    John Conyers is one of the BIGGEST MORONS on Capital Hill. He has the intellect of a three year old and the intelligence of a moonbat. The notion that this is anything more than the typical lunatic process we saw when Conyers had his witnesses for Bush's war crimes hearing is laughable.

    The premise of the claims is also lunatic; that the process was politicized. No chit Sherlock, everything in this process is a political one. Can I have a great big naive DUH!!

  8. #148
    Slayer of the DP Newsbot
    danarhea's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Location
    Houston, TX
    Last Seen
    Today @ 05:44 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    39,728

    Re: Karl Rove Subpoenaed By John Conyers: 'Time To Talk'

    Quote Originally Posted by Truth Detector View Post
    Have you ever watched a John Conyers hearing? Trap? The only trap I see here is the one between your ears where nothing gets in and nothing gets out.

    John Conyers is one of the BIGGEST MORONS on Capital Hill. He has the intellect of a three year old and the intelligence of a moonbat. The notion that this is anything more than the typical lunatic process we saw when Conyers had his witnesses for Bush's war crimes hearing is laughable.

    The premise of the claims is also lunatic; that the process was politicized. No chit Sherlock, everything in this process is a political one. Can I have a great big naive DUH!!
    In that case, you have just called a lifelong Republican prosecutor who also worked for Ronald Reagan, Bush's father, and Bush himself, a liar. Shame on you.
    The ghost of Jack Kevorkian for President's Physician: 2016

  9. #149
    Banned
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Location
    Chicago
    Last Seen
    04-02-15 @ 06:08 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    8,211

    Re: Karl Rove Subpoenaed By John Conyers: 'Time To Talk'

    I'm not sure what the issue is, if there even is one.

    Rove, at the direction of the President, exercised his plenary authority to appoint or dismiss US attorneys. Correct?

    There is no probative evidence that would suggest a crime has been committed. Correct?

    Common law maintains that trials and investigations be predicated upon some form of probative evidence. Correct?

    So, what are we even talking about?

  10. #150
    Tavern Bartender
    Pussy Grabbin' Beaver
    Middleground's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    Canada's Capital
    Last Seen
    Today @ 08:57 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    22,452
    Blog Entries
    1

    Re: Karl Rove Subpoenaed By John Conyers: 'Time To Talk'

    Quote Originally Posted by Truth Detector View Post
    Have you ever watched a John Conyers hearing? Trap? The only trap I see here is the one between your ears where nothing gets in and nothing gets out.

    John Conyers is one of the BIGGEST MORONS on Capital Hill. He has the intellect of a three year old and the intelligence of a moonbat. The notion that this is anything more than the typical lunatic process we saw when Conyers had his witnesses for Bush's war crimes hearing is laughable.

    The premise of the claims is also lunatic; that the process was politicized. No chit Sherlock, everything in this process is a political one. Can I have a great big naive DUH!!
    Wow, what a convincing argument! Thanks for showing me the light and proving that indeed, Rove is completely innocent! *applause!*
    No men are anywhere, and Im allowed to go in, because Im the owner of the pageant and therefore Im inspecting it, Trump said... Is everyone OK? You know, theyre standing there with no clothes. Is everybody OK? And you see these incredible looking women, and so I sort of get away with things like that.

Page 15 of 20 FirstFirst ... 51314151617 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •