Page 13 of 20 FirstFirst ... 31112131415 ... LastLast
Results 121 to 130 of 194

Thread: Karl Rove Subpoenaed By John Conyers: 'Time To Talk'

  1. #121
    Banned
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Location
    Ventura California
    Last Seen
    11-15-11 @ 11:17 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    8,706

    Re: Karl Rove Subpoenaed By John Conyers: 'Time To Talk'

    Quote Originally Posted by PeteEU View Post
    Not in the eyes of a right winger.. anyone that does not agree with the right = marxist, stalinist, homosexual communist liberal muslim terrorist lover!
    Not in the eyes of a LEFT winger.. anyone that does not agree with the LEFT = Hitler, Gestapo, Constitution bashing, homo-hating terrorist basher!

    I had no idea how easy it is to troll; you illustrate it so well.

  2. #122
    Slayer of the DP Newsbot
    danarhea's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Location
    Houston, TX
    Last Seen
    Today @ 09:59 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    39,764

    Re: Karl Rove Subpoenaed By John Conyers: 'Time To Talk'

    Quote Originally Posted by JMak View Post
    What crime or offense is Rove even alleged to have committed that warrants investigation?



    No one is arguing that such an entitlement exists, are they? You kinda holding up a strawman here. Citing the President's plenary authority to supervise and direct the Executive branch is not an argument that his appointments may break the law.

    What crime is Rove alleged to have committed?

    Or is this investigation simply a fishing trip to see if something, anything at all, can be dug up?



    Oh, please. Your rhetorical nonsense is just that...nonsense.
    Oh, blogga please!! He who smelt it dealt it, bub!!

    First, for the record, here is a copy of the subpoena itself.

    Doesn't say much, except that it commands Rove to testify. Testify about what? That is answered by this article written by Conyers staffers.

    Monday, January 26, 2009

    Conyers Subpoenas Karl Rove: "It's Time to Talk"


    (Washington, D.C.) --- Today, House Judiciary Committee Chairman John Conyers, Jr. issued a subpoena to Karl Rove requiring him to testify regarding his role in the Bush Administration's politicization of the Department of Justice, including the US Attorney firings and the prosecution of former Alabama Governor Don Siegelman. The subpoena was issued pursuant to authority granted in H.R. 5 (111th Congress), and calls for Mr. Rove to appear at deposition on Monday, February 2, 2009. Mr. Rove has previously refused to appear in response to a Judiciary Committee subpoena, claiming that even former presidential advisers cannot be compelled to testify before Congress. That "absolute immunity" position was supported by then-President Bush, but it has been rejected by U.S. District Judge John Bates and President Obama has previously dismissed the claim as "completely misguided."


    "I have said many times that I will carry this investigation forward to its conclusion, whether in Congress or in court, and today's action is an important step along the way," said Mr. Conyers. Noting that the change in administration may impact the legal arguments available to Mr. Rove in this long-running dispute, Mr. Conyers added "Change has come to Washington, and I hope Karl Rove is ready for it. After two years of stonewalling, it's time for him to talk."


    A copy of the subpoena is attached.
    So, what is the Siegelman case all about? it is about the political witch hunt, disguised as a criminal case, to get rid of the governor of Alabama. So, what are the facts in this case? Also, note in the preceding quote that a court of law has already determined that Rove's argument regarding executive privilege does not hold water.



    1) Don Siegelman was freed from prison by the 11th District Court of Appeals:

    2) A long time Republican lawyer, under oath, testified that Karl Rove was behind the prosecution of Siegelman, and went after him for political reasons only.


    3) So, how does Rove himself tie into this?


    This was testified to under oath.

    Now we come to a concept known as reasonable suspicion. Just as a police officer has a right to kick down your door if he reasonably believes you are inside smoking crack, Congress has just as much of a right to ferret out the details of a possible crime, given evidence and testimony to support that a crime was committed. Once more, it is known as reasonable suspicion. It's the same reason that Republicans had a right to go after Bill Clinton. Why would you support that and not this? Ah, I KNOW why. Rove has an R by his name, and Clinton has a D.

    The hypocrisy is so thick in here you can cut it with a knife.

    Now you accused me of posting rhetorical nonsense, so I have just posted a lot of accurate links. What are YOU going to post? More of your rhetorical nonsense? Like I said at the beginning of this post, he who smelt it dealt it. Please go outside, as it really, really stinks in here right now.
    Last edited by danarhea; 01-30-09 at 05:12 PM.
    The ghost of Jack Kevorkian for President's Physician: 2016

  3. #123
    Guru
    Binary_Digit's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2005
    Last Seen
    12-02-17 @ 04:34 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    3,539

    Re: Karl Rove Subpoenaed By John Conyers: 'Time To Talk'

    Quote Originally Posted by danarhea View Post
    The hypocrisy is so thick in here you can cut it with a knife.
    So is the blatant and obvious REFUSAL TO READ what has already been posted several times. It's like arguing with a couple of goddamn phone booths.

  4. #124
    Student AuHtwoh64's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Location
    Bloomington, Indiana
    Last Seen
    01-10-15 @ 01:48 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    162

    Re: Karl Rove Subpoenaed By John Conyers: 'Time To Talk'

    Quote Originally Posted by zimmer View Post
    Sorry you folks failed to see the clear connect, so let me help you grasp the association.

    Marxists for their socialist ideas for "managing the economy". I'm waiting for them to issue it under ""The Five Year Plan."
    This is how it was done with all of Pres. Bush's proposals; every one of them was projected out 5-years to illustrate and magnify the costs. In the meanwhile a trillion dollar "stimulus" made up of huge porkulus is treated as if it was peanuts, and the media asks virtually no questions. Incurious, eh...

    Stalinist for trying to criminalize political decisions by their opponents. And trying to silence free speech; fairness doctrine.
    And every executive order by Pres. Bush was touted as a criminal act; He declassified a part of the PDB and Bush, Cheney and Libby were charged with revealing out secrets.

    Capiche?

    I figured socialist scholars like youz guyz would have had it all figured out in a jiffy.
    But all of this, including how the MSM so willingly goes along with it is that it is in vogue to criminalize being a Republican, so that no one will want to go there.
    Last edited by AuHtwoh64; 01-30-09 at 05:08 PM.
    AuHtwoh64


    ~ Goldwater in 64 ~

  5. #125
    Professor

    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Last Seen
    02-13-09 @ 05:15 PM
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    1,942

    Re: Karl Rove Subpoenaed By John Conyers: 'Time To Talk'

    Quote Originally Posted by danarhea View Post
    Oh, blogga please!! He who smelt it dealt it, bub!!

    First, for the record, here is a copy of the subpoena itself.

    Doesn't say much, except that it commands Rove to testify. Testify about what? That is answered by this article written by Conyers staffers.
    Did you even read what I was responding to? I am responding to posters claiming that there's a reasonable basis to conclude that a crime may have been committed to asserting matter of factly that a crime was committed. I simply asked what crime?

    And you present to me, "the Bush Administration's politicization of the Department of Justice" as the "crime" that might have been committed?

    Read first, then mash the submit button.

    So, what is the Siegelman case all about? it is about the political witch hunt, disguised as a criminal case, to get rid of the governor of Alabama. So, what are the facts in this case? Also, note in the preceding quote that a court of law has already determined that Rove's argument regarding executive privilege does not hold water.
    I see, so the alleged politicization of an investigation is the "crime" in question?

    It's the same reason that Republicans had a right to go after Bill Clinton. Why would you support that and not this? Ah, I KNOW why. Rove has an R by his name, and Clinton has a D.
    Uh, either you're lying or you're ignorant. Republicans didn't go after Clinton. His own AG approved not only the initial appointment of the IC but also every subsequent expansion of that investigation. Clitnon was not gone after because of some reasonable suspicion, but because he lied under oath.

    Now you accused me of posting rhetorical nonsense, so I have just posted a lot of accurate links. What are YOU going to post? More of your rhetorical nonsense? Like I said at the beginning of this post, he who smelt it dealt it. Please go outside, as it really, really stinks in here right now.
    I wasn't arguing the validity of any links. I was simply asking what was the "crime" being alleged and you took great offense apparently.

    I characterized your question/comment, "It doesn't order the Executive branch to flaunt the law, does it?" as rhetorical nonsense, which it is. The links you provided don't support or even attempt to support your rhetorical nonsense.

    Maybe you have a hard time keeping things in order. I'll help if you ask nicely.

  6. #126
    Why so serious?

    Moon's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Location
    Washington State
    Last Seen
    Today @ 10:53 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    4,291

    Re: Karl Rove Subpoenaed By John Conyers: 'Time To Talk'

    Quote Originally Posted by aps View Post
    Amazing. So you have minimal facts and choose not to educate yourself. Why are you even in this thread? Don't answer that--it's a rhetorical question. I have zero respect for that kind of small-mindedness.
    LMAO.

    Start slinging the insults when someone doesn't agree with your tiny view of the leftist world, huh? That would rate as small-minded in my book.
    "I believe in a Spinoza's God who reveals himself in the harmony of all that exists, but not in a God who concerns himself with the fate and actions of human beings."

    --Albert Einstein, 1929

  7. #127
    Why so serious?

    Moon's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Location
    Washington State
    Last Seen
    Today @ 10:53 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    4,291

    Re: Karl Rove Subpoenaed By John Conyers: 'Time To Talk'

    Quote Originally Posted by WillRockwell View Post
    This is amusing. You don't care who in the White House decides what US attorneys to fire, and who to hire in their place. It could be Karl Rove, it could be the pastry chef. Tell you what, let the adults sort this out, and we'll explain it to you later.
    If the decision is made by the President, the no, it doesn't matter where the idea originated. I hope you aren't including yourself in the group of adults, since you seem to have little idea how political appointments work, but I certainly won't try to persuade you to not participate here, as you've tried to do to me.
    "I believe in a Spinoza's God who reveals himself in the harmony of all that exists, but not in a God who concerns himself with the fate and actions of human beings."

    --Albert Einstein, 1929

  8. #128
    Why so serious?

    Moon's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Location
    Washington State
    Last Seen
    Today @ 10:53 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    4,291

    Re: Karl Rove Subpoenaed By John Conyers: 'Time To Talk'

    Quote Originally Posted by Binary_Digit View Post
    I wish you would read before replying. I addressed that already, in the very quote you're responding to. Please make an effort to fully understand what you're replying to, ok?


    Due process, pleasure of the President, all bull**** red herrings. The President is not allowed to obstruct justice. Period.
    Someone else resorting to insults when their arguments fail. Seems to be the pattern here.

    I understood completely what your argument was. Just because you say it wasn't because they fired attorneys were disgruntled, doesn't make it true.
    "I believe in a Spinoza's God who reveals himself in the harmony of all that exists, but not in a God who concerns himself with the fate and actions of human beings."

    --Albert Einstein, 1929

  9. #129
    Why so serious?

    Moon's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Location
    Washington State
    Last Seen
    Today @ 10:53 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    4,291

    Re: Karl Rove Subpoenaed By John Conyers: 'Time To Talk'

    Quote Originally Posted by Middleground View Post
    So you're cool with political appointee being fired for not being crooked.

    Sad.
    Sad? That's how the system works. There is no guarantee of employment for political appointees. What's sad is that you don't seem to understand that little fact.
    "I believe in a Spinoza's God who reveals himself in the harmony of all that exists, but not in a God who concerns himself with the fate and actions of human beings."

    --Albert Einstein, 1929

  10. #130
    Why so serious?

    Moon's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Location
    Washington State
    Last Seen
    Today @ 10:53 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    4,291

    Re: Karl Rove Subpoenaed By John Conyers: 'Time To Talk'

    Quote Originally Posted by WillRockwell View Post
    If David Axelrod supervised the firing of every US Attorney and personally selected their replacements, you would not question how that job was in his purview or what his motives were? I think you would.
    Not if the President signed off on it. That's within his power as President.
    "I believe in a Spinoza's God who reveals himself in the harmony of all that exists, but not in a God who concerns himself with the fate and actions of human beings."

    --Albert Einstein, 1929

Page 13 of 20 FirstFirst ... 31112131415 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •