Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345
Results 41 to 49 of 49

Thread: Just Plane Despicable 'rescued' Citi Buying $50m Jet

  1. #41
    Tavern Bartender
    Constitutionalist
    American's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Location
    Virginia
    Last Seen
    12-15-17 @ 10:49 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    76,323

    Re: Just Plane Despicable 'rescued' Citi Buying $50m Jet

    Quote Originally Posted by aps View Post
    WTF is this? I'm interested to see how Congress reacts to this bogus purchase. *wonders if I should cancel my credit card with them*
    The plane was original ordered in 2005, long before the collapse. They should have shown better judgement and dump this before asking for help.
    "He who does not think himself worth saving from poverty and ignorance by his own efforts, will hardly be thought worth the efforts of anybody else." -- Frederick Douglass, Self-Made Men (1872)
    "Fly-over" country voted, and The Donald is now POTUS.

  2. #42
    Banned
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Location
    in a neocon's craw
    Last Seen
    04-24-17 @ 10:55 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Slightly Liberal
    Posts
    2,801

    Re: High-Flying Citigroup Grounds Plans for $50M Jet

    Quote Originally Posted by RightinNYC View Post
    You're right, those are the only two options. You've just got it all figured out.

    "affect"
    I'm glad to see you've run out of excuses and have decided to slink away from the discussion without admitting it.

  3. #43
    Banned
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Location
    in a neocon's craw
    Last Seen
    04-24-17 @ 10:55 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Slightly Liberal
    Posts
    2,801

    Re: Just Plane Despicable 'rescued' Citi Buying $50m Jet

    Quote Originally Posted by American View Post
    The plane was original ordered in 2005, long before the collapse. They should have shown better judgement and dump this before asking for help.
    2005? I didn't read that, perhaps you could link to that info for us...

    But I'm glad to see that you've decided to side with the people on this and not the corporatists.

  4. #44
    Sage
    Renae's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Location
    San Antonio Texas
    Last Seen
    10-23-17 @ 10:14 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    38,972
    Blog Entries
    15

    Re: High-Flying Citigroup Grounds Plans for $50M Jet

    Quote Originally Posted by Slippery Slope View Post
    March 2007

    http://www.nytimes.com/2007/03/27/bu...=2&oref=slogin


    So they have massive layoffs in 2007 then, in January 2008 they decide to buy a new jet? Go on, please make some more excuses...
    Uhm, what business is it of YOURS how they run their business? If they want to lay off 25,000 people then give bonuses and buy a jet.. it's THEIR BUSINESS. A Private company can do whatever the hell it wants with it's money.

    That's part of why these bail outs are so damned stupid, now the government and the "public" are gonna have a say in how a business runs... and socialism marches on...

  5. #45
    Tavern Bartender
    Constitutionalist
    American's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Location
    Virginia
    Last Seen
    12-15-17 @ 10:49 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    76,323

    Re: Just Plane Despicable 'rescued' Citi Buying $50m Jet

    Quote Originally Posted by Slippery Slope View Post
    2005? I didn't read that, perhaps you could link to that info for us...

    But I'm glad to see that you've decided to side with the people on this and not the corporatists.
    I heard it on the news. It's important that people understand that you don't just order a jet last week and get it this week. But they should have dumped it. Maybe they would have anyway, but I don't know that.
    "He who does not think himself worth saving from poverty and ignorance by his own efforts, will hardly be thought worth the efforts of anybody else." -- Frederick Douglass, Self-Made Men (1872)
    "Fly-over" country voted, and The Donald is now POTUS.

  6. #46
    Banned
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Location
    in a neocon's craw
    Last Seen
    04-24-17 @ 10:55 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Slightly Liberal
    Posts
    2,801

    Re: High-Flying Citigroup Grounds Plans for $50M Jet

    Quote Originally Posted by MrVicchio View Post
    Uhm, what business is it of YOURS how they run their business? If they want to lay off 25,000 people then give bonuses and buy a jet.. it's THEIR BUSINESS. A Private company can do whatever the hell it wants with it's money.

    That's part of why these bail outs are so damned stupid, now the government and the "public" are gonna have a say in how a business runs... and socialism marches on...
    When you offer up your company to the public, it is no longer a PRIVATE COMPANY. Shareholders and investors have a say. If what you do with your business causes great harm to the state or it's citizens, it can be penalized. Obviously you have no conscience for corporate responsibility. According to you, corporations can do whatever the hell they want and if someone doesn't like it they can sue. But of course you'll bitch and moan about people and their frivolous lawsuits...

  7. #47
    Banned
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Location
    in a neocon's craw
    Last Seen
    04-24-17 @ 10:55 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Slightly Liberal
    Posts
    2,801

    Re: Just Plane Despicable 'rescued' Citi Buying $50m Jet

    Quote Originally Posted by American View Post
    I heard it on the news. It's important that people understand that you don't just order a jet last week and get it this week. But they should have dumped it. Maybe they would have anyway, but I don't know that.
    Well gee, did ya hear it from Rush or Fox? Because then I could understand why you're wrong. Despite the fact that I already provided a link that says they made the decision in 2007...

  8. #48
    Girthless
    RightinNYC's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Location
    New York, NY
    Last Seen
    01-23-11 @ 11:56 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Slightly Conservative
    Posts
    25,894

    Re: High-Flying Citigroup Grounds Plans for $50M Jet

    Quote Originally Posted by Slippery Slope View Post
    I'm glad to see you've run out of excuses and have decided to slink away from the discussion without admitting it.
    There's just no point in wasting time trying to explain things to you.
    People sleep peaceably in their beds at night only because rough men stand ready to do violence on their behalf.

  9. #49
    Banned
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Location
    in a neocon's craw
    Last Seen
    04-24-17 @ 10:55 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Slightly Liberal
    Posts
    2,801

    Re: High-Flying Citigroup Grounds Plans for $50M Jet

    Quote Originally Posted by RightinNYC View Post
    There's just no point in wasting time trying to explain things to you.
    Sure there is. In fact I've changed my position on things at the effective persuasion of others. Just because you have no ability to do so, mostly because you don't have a reasonable argument, doesn't make it my fault.

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •