Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
Results 21 to 30 of 49

Thread: Just Plane Despicable 'rescued' Citi Buying $50m Jet

  1. #21
    Bank killer. Jessica's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Location
    The (soon-to-be) Divided States of Amerika.
    Last Seen
    05-22-11 @ 11:29 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    878

    Re: Just Plane Despicable 'rescued' Citi Buying $50m Jet

    Quote Originally Posted by aps View Post
    Apparently, they have decided NOT to buy the new jet.

    Chastised Citigroup grounds plans for plane - U.S. business- msnbc.com
    Oh. Thanks. Yay!

  2. #22
    Passionate
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Last Seen
    03-07-11 @ 04:35 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    15,675

    Re: Just Plane Despicable 'rescued' Citi Buying $50m Jet

    Quote Originally Posted by Jessica View Post
    Oh. Thanks. Yay!
    LOL You're funny.

  3. #23
    Banned
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Location
    in a neocon's craw
    Last Seen
    04-24-17 @ 10:55 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Slightly Liberal
    Posts
    2,801

    Re: Just Plane Despicable 'rescued' Citi Buying $50m Jet

    Quote Originally Posted by MrVicchio View Post
    Well good thing the government is now in control of so many private sector companies to stop such silliness!
    Please tell us you're not going to defend or make excuses for the flagrant spending that takes place in large corporations while laying off employees. Didn't Citi Group lay off about 10,000 recently? Not buying that jet and using the money for employment, they could have hired 1000 people at $50,000 a year. corporations cannot be trusted to do anything except whatever shoves more money in executive pockets. They don't care about their country, their employees or the quality of their product.

    We need new trade and tax policies and an END TO CORPORATOCRACY!!

  4. #24
    Guru

    Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Last Seen
    05-13-11 @ 09:01 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    4,075
    Blog Entries
    3

    High-Flying Citigroup Grounds Plans for $50M Jet

    Link
    ABC News: High-Flying Citigroup Grounds Plans for $50M Jet

    One could well ask why they need 2 Jet Aircraft?

    Quote from article
    (And this week, ousted Merrill Lynch CEO John Thain said he would personally cough up the $1 million he spent on remodeling his office after his brokerage was rescued with billions in taxpayer cash.)

    Why would anyone want to spend $1,000,000 making over an office?

  5. #25
    Sage
    Renae's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Location
    San Antonio Texas
    Last Seen
    10-23-17 @ 10:14 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    38,972
    Blog Entries
    15

    Re: High-Flying Citigroup Grounds Plans for $50M Jet

    Quote Originally Posted by jujuman13 View Post
    Link
    ABC News: High-Flying Citigroup Grounds Plans for $50M Jet

    One could well ask why they need 2 Jet Aircraft?

    Quote from article
    (And this week, ousted Merrill Lynch CEO John Thain said he would personally cough up the $1 million he spent on remodeling his office after his brokerage was rescued with billions in taxpayer cash.)

    Why would anyone want to spend $1,000,000 making over an office?
    Ya know, they set that up in Jan 08... before they got any money...

    And does no one else see a problem with the government telling a private business what it does with its money?

    This is why the bail out scam is so... dangerous.

  6. #26
    Sage

    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Last Seen
    09-24-17 @ 04:38 AM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    29,261

    Re: High-Flying Citigroup Grounds Plans for $50M Jet

    Quote Originally Posted by MrVicchio View Post
    Ya know, they set that up in Jan 08... before they got any money...

    And does no one else see a problem with the government telling a private business what it does with its money?

    This is why the bail out scam is so... dangerous.
    Whose money do they have now?

  7. #27
    Sage
    Renae's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Location
    San Antonio Texas
    Last Seen
    10-23-17 @ 10:14 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    38,972
    Blog Entries
    15

    Re: High-Flying Citigroup Grounds Plans for $50M Jet

    Quote Originally Posted by winston53660 View Post
    Whose money do they have now?
    That's the problem. The Feds can't run anything right, now they have their fingers in private business.

    And many here are cheering that on... that's sad.

  8. #28
    Sage

    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Last Seen
    09-24-17 @ 04:38 AM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    29,261

    Re: High-Flying Citigroup Grounds Plans for $50M Jet

    Quote Originally Posted by MrVicchio View Post
    That's the problem. The Feds can't run anything right, now they have their fingers in private business.

    And many here are cheering that on... that's sad.
    Obviously citi group a private business can not run anything right either.

  9. #29
    Professor
    Phoenix's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    South Carolina
    Last Seen
    04-27-17 @ 10:56 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    1,782

    Re: High-Flying Citigroup Grounds Plans for $50M Jet

    Quote Originally Posted by MrVicchio View Post
    That's the problem. The Feds can't run anything right, now they have their fingers in private business.

    And many here are cheering that on... that's sad.

    Yes, It is.
    From the ashes.

  10. #30
    Professor
    Phoenix's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    South Carolina
    Last Seen
    04-27-17 @ 10:56 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    1,782

    Re: High-Flying Citigroup Grounds Plans for $50M Jet

    Don't be pissed at Citi for buying an expensive jet.



    Be pissed at the government for giving them your money.
    From the ashes.

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •