Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
Results 11 to 20 of 38

Thread: He kills 2 babies and a nurse with a knife

  1. #11
    Sage

    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Last Seen
    04-23-17 @ 04:59 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Centrist
    Posts
    15,429
    Blog Entries
    2

    Re: He kills 2 babies and a nurse with a knife

    Quote Originally Posted by jamesrage View Post
    Does the person not being of "sound mind" change the fact he willfully murdered and injured innocent people? Does this somehow make the families of those victims go "oh thank God he was not of sound mind" and does this make them change their mind about wanting him severely punished for his crimes?

    I do not care if the person was "mentally ill", it doesn't change the fact they committed a crime. It doesn't alleviate them from any responsibility for their actions, nor should that "mental insanity" be used to help them weasel out their punishment. Just like rabid dogs evil people have to be put down.
    In my book, pretty much anybody who kills intentionally kills another person(excepting self defense or military operations)already qualifies as mentally ill. So I am not sure why we ever bothered trying to make a distinction in the first place.
    "Loyalty only matters when there's a hundred reasons not to be-" Gen. Mattis

  2. #12
    Tavern Bartender
    Mating season! WooHoo!
    Middleground's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    Canada's Capital
    Last Seen
    Today @ 07:41 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    23,243
    Blog Entries
    1

    Re: He kills 2 babies and a nurse with a knife

    Quote Originally Posted by jamesrage View Post
    Does the person not being of "sound mind" change the fact he willfully murdered and injured innocent people? Does this somehow make the families of those victims go "oh thank God he was not of sound mind" and does this make them change their mind about wanting him severely punished for his crimes?

    I do not care if the person was "mentally ill", it doesn't change the fact they committed a crime. It doesn't alleviate them from any responsibility for their actions, nor should that "mental insanity" be used to help them weasel out their punishment. Just like rabid dogs evil people have to be put down.
    A person who's mentally ill can commit acts that they wouldn't if they were of sound mind or under proper medication. It seems to be a problem more than ever. By killing this man (or as you described, "putting him down") it will not accomplish one thing, IMO. What this incident should do, though, is raise awareness of this, and enact laws (i.e. a mentally ill person must take their medication or will go directly to jail) or something else. I don't know.

    Just in the last few months here in Canada, there's been 2 incidents of of a father killing his whole family, to the shock of other family, neighbours and friends. It turn out they both had mental issues.
    “No men are anywhere, and I’m allowed to go in, because I’m the owner of the pageant and therefore I’m inspecting it,” Trump said... “‘Is everyone OK’? You know, they’re standing there with no clothes. ‘Is everybody OK?’ And you see these incredible looking women, and so I sort of get away with things like that.”

  3. #13
    Tavern Bartender
    Mating season! WooHoo!
    Middleground's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    Canada's Capital
    Last Seen
    Today @ 07:41 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    23,243
    Blog Entries
    1

    Re: He kills 2 babies and a nurse with a knife

    Quote Originally Posted by WI Crippler View Post
    In my book, pretty much anybody who kills intentionally kills another person(excepting self defense or military operations)already qualifies as mentally ill. So I am not sure why we ever bothered trying to make a distinction in the first place.
    Nah, I don't agree. It can happen when someone is enraged, and acting without thinking.
    “No men are anywhere, and I’m allowed to go in, because I’m the owner of the pageant and therefore I’m inspecting it,” Trump said... “‘Is everyone OK’? You know, they’re standing there with no clothes. ‘Is everybody OK?’ And you see these incredible looking women, and so I sort of get away with things like that.”

  4. #14
    R.I.P. Léo
    bub's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Last Seen
    05-17-12 @ 02:54 PM
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    9,649

    Re: He kills 2 babies and a nurse with a knife

    Quote Originally Posted by Middleground View Post
    How do you know that?
    all the newspaper say that:

    "Le juge d’instruction a désigné trois psychiatres pour dresser le portrait psychologique de l’individu. « Aucun élément ne nous permet actuellement de croire qu’il a un passé psychiatrique », a encore dit M. Du Four"

    No element show that he was mentally ill

  5. #15
    R.I.P. Léo
    bub's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Last Seen
    05-17-12 @ 02:54 PM
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    9,649

    Re: He kills 2 babies and a nurse with a knife

    Quote Originally Posted by WI Crippler View Post
    In my book, pretty much anybody who kills intentionally kills another person(excepting self defense or military operations)already qualifies as mentally ill. So I am not sure why we ever bothered trying to make a distinction in the first place.
    If you don't have your mental abilities you're not responsible. Kids are not responsible, and retardeds aren't neither.

    A man with a mental illness and who kills someone won't be jailed. However, he'll be sent to a psychiatric institution for the rest of his life.

  6. #16
    Banned
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    Nashville/Little Mexico Tennessee
    Last Seen
    06-02-09 @ 11:20 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    523

    Re: He kills 2 babies and a nurse with a knife

    Quote Originally Posted by bub View Post
    If you don't have your mental abilities you're not responsible. Kids are not responsible, and retardeds aren't neither.

    A man with a mental illness and who kills someone won't be jailed. However, he'll be sent to a psychiatric institution for the rest of his life.
    BY Laila: "According to the Truth behind that poor inocent immigrant,who was wrongfuly layed to rest ,and those nice boys at GitMo ,This gentlman, baby killer, should be released due to the fact that WE made him do it,and he was inocent before he was put in jail,OH ,and what about the technicalities".

  7. #17
    Familiaist


    Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Location
    North Carolina
    Last Seen
    11-16-16 @ 08:36 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Slightly Conservative
    Posts
    7,470

    Re: He kills 2 babies and a nurse with a knife

    Quote Originally Posted by bub View Post
    According to the TV he thinks he is the Joker in Batman. He had some make up to look like him, yesterday was the anniversary of the death of Heath Ledger, and when he was arrested the only thing he has done in front of the policemen was laughing.

    That is really sick
    Not even the joker would do this kind of Sh!t.
    "I do not underestimate the ability of fanatical groups of terrorists to kill and destroy, but they do not threaten the life of the nation. Whether we would survive Hitler hung in the balance, but there is no doubt that we shall survive al-Qa'ida." -- Lord Hoffmann

  8. #18
    Old Soul

    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Location
    ND
    Last Seen
    10-18-13 @ 10:08 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    1,915

    Re: He kills 2 babies and a nurse with a knife

    Quote Originally Posted by Middleground View Post
    What a horrible crime. What would entice someone to kill such innocents? Screams mental disorder, IMO.
    as a pro-life american I find this ironic.

    Quote Originally Posted by Arch Enemy View Post
    Not even the joker would do this kind of Sh!t.
    the joker targeted all kinds of public places, a hospital included. I don't think he would personally knife any babies to death, but he would blow up a building they were in.

  9. #19
    Student
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Last Seen
    07-18-11 @ 12:57 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    289

    Re: He kills 2 babies and a nurse with a knife

    Quote Originally Posted by Middleground View Post
    How do you know that?
    Why would it matter? Giving people an excuse to kill is just as sick as the people killing. Excusing a murder by means of a mental disorder is ridiculous. I don't care if you are of sound mind or not, killing is never okay. You should not be given a lighter sentence because you claim insanity.
    Quote Originally Posted by Shewter View Post
    You just pulled a bonnie.

    Please. PLEASE think before you post!

  10. #20
    Tavern Bartender
    Mating season! WooHoo!
    Middleground's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    Canada's Capital
    Last Seen
    Today @ 07:41 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    23,243
    Blog Entries
    1

    Re: He kills 2 babies and a nurse with a knife

    Quote Originally Posted by emdash View Post
    as a pro-life american I find this ironic.



    the joker targeted all kinds of public places, a hospital included. I don't think he would personally knife any babies to death, but he would blow up a building they were in.

    Amazing that abortion can find it's way into this discussion. Sorry... it's off-topic.
    “No men are anywhere, and I’m allowed to go in, because I’m the owner of the pageant and therefore I’m inspecting it,” Trump said... “‘Is everyone OK’? You know, they’re standing there with no clothes. ‘Is everybody OK?’ And you see these incredible looking women, and so I sort of get away with things like that.”

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •