Page 7 of 9 FirstFirst ... 56789 LastLast
Results 61 to 70 of 82

Thread: Prez Zings Gop Foe In A $timulating Talk

  1. #61
    Klattu Verata Nicto
    LaMidRighter's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2005
    Location
    Louisiana
    Last Seen
    07-21-17 @ 02:42 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Right
    Posts
    30,534

    Re: Prez Zings Gop Foe In A $timulating Talk

    [QUOTE]
    Quote Originally Posted by Family Guy View Post
    Originally Posted by Family Guy


    And where do I say that we're not a Republic? I said that the Democrats have a superior majority which will allow us to pass lots of legislation something that we were unable to do the past 8 years under the idiot formerly known as George.
    You used an appeal to majority, that is what democracies do, we are a republic. You call George Bush an idiot and cannot even see why your attempt at making a point follows inconsistent logic, you call GWB an idiot because you didn't agree with his policies, and the Republicans flawed for using the majority, then you want the Democrats to shove policy through and call Republicans sore losers for fighting back, even though they have done so less vehemently than Democrats ever did and for more reasons. Finally, you call people whiners because they don't like the appeal to majority that Obama, the Democrats, and their idealogically weak base want to shove through and cannot even see why you are being hypocrites and have no leg to stand on.....you fail.

    The voice of America wants the Democrats to rule the roost and until we're voted out we will do that and do our best to get the things we believe in enacted.
    The voice of America elected Democrats because the media exploited some weak Republicans who made bad decisions. Don't get ahead of yourselves and certainly don't assume Americans are in line with you idealogically.

    In a short few days we've already closed Gitmo, eliminated extraordinary rendition, CIA prisons restarted Science with things like embyonic stem cell research and this is all in the first few days. This is only the first weekend of President Obama's eight years.
    Closing Gitmo was a stupid idea, any innocent blood spilled is on Democrat hands, the rest I don't care about, but other Americans do.

    As the opposition I expect you to not be happy with these things for if you were you would have voted for Obama. We Democrats had to suck it up and watch Bush be the worst President maybe ever and still there were/are Republicans who support him.
    If you think Bush was the worst president ever you are either too young or have too bad of a memory to know about the Carter years, secondly, Bush was more liberal than we liked but at least he knew where to draw the line, your guys are going too overreach and when they do there will be a backlash, but hey, keep advocating for ridiculous government growth and see where it gets you.
    Neither side in an argument can find the truth when both make an absolute claim on it.

    LMR

  2. #62
    Educating the Ignorant
    zimmer's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 05:04 AM
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    14,484
    Blog Entries
    12

    Re: Prez Zings Gop Foe In A $timulating Talk

    Quote Originally Posted by Sir Loin View Post
    I have to agree with you here.
    This is a pretty good summary of the first week.
    Barack Obama picks a fight with Rush Limbaugh as bipartisan spirit crumbles - Telegraph
    Let's say we can start adding flesh to the trifecta of hollowness.

    Hope... for terrorists and abortionists.
    Change... "I won"... (I am the decider).
    Unite... Except for conservatives.

    After less than a week in office, Mr Obama's presidency is already encountering the very partisan bickering he had pledged to stamp out during his first 100 days.
    That takes talent considering the fury with which the press waved their pom-poms.

    He faces mounting criticism over his $825 billion economic stimulus plan, from Republican leaders who say the legislation has been drawn up without the input which Mr Obama had promised to allow them.
    C'mon... he's a socialist of the Marx variety. What do you expect? Honesty.

    The president responded with a clear signal that he is prepared to ram the bill through without the bipartisan consensus he promised to construct, telling Republican leaders from the House of Representatives: "I won. I'm the president."
    This is the Obama I love. Unscripted and shooting in his own basket. I can hear the veterans in the background screaming... No Barry!!! Noooooooooooooooooooooo! Aw...F*** how f***'in stupid.

    Meanwhile Hillary sits in the State Dept., hears this, calls Bill and The Clintons begin plotting their 2011 return. Can just hear the call:

    H: Hey Bill...
    B: You saw it too?
    H. (Laughing...) Oh yeah...
    B. Don't worry I just got off the horn with Carville... he wasn't surprised...
    H. How can you be... you could see he wasn't ready for prime time... He was barely ready for the senate... in Illinois...
    B. Well, I've got to return a call to a potential fundraiser for 2012...
    H. Good luck, don't promise too much
    B. (Howling) C'mon, who do you think I am...Obama...

    He then told them to break free of the confrontational mindset epitomised by Mr Limbaugh, the highest paid talk show host in America. "You can't just listen to Rush Limbaugh and get things done," Mr Obama said.
    Limbaugh is confrontational, but Obama is a community agitator of the saul Alinsky school. All cooperation all the time.

    Obama and his brilliance accomplished so much for the republican base in the first week, we just can't wait for him spend more time in front of the cameras... unscripted.

    LOL... so much fun so quickly.
    Last edited by zimmer; 01-25-09 at 07:25 AM.
    The Clintons are what happens...
    when you have NO MORAL COMPASS.

  3. #63
    Tart with a Heart
    StandUpChuck's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Location
    New England
    Last Seen
    07-29-11 @ 01:41 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    10,188

    Re: Prez Zings Gop Foe In A $timulating Talk

    Quote Originally Posted by danarhea View Post
    Sore winners happened with Bush too. They are on both sides of the fence. This year, though, we do hear about sore winner Democrats, that's for sure.
    And a bear just relieved himself in the woods. Doesn't matter. I'm talking about the immature gloating of board members like FG and even Obama himself. "I won" to shush another opinion. How diplomatic. I hope he doesn't end up being a roll model to my kid.

    I never gloated when Bush won. In fact, I sincerely felt for the Gore supporters because that was a long drawn out ending to the race. I teach my kid not to gloat and laugh at people. I don't see people whining because we lost the election. We know we lost. We accept that. We're not demanding recounts. We're restructuring our party. The same people who laugh and call us sore losers are the very same people who nitpicked GWB for every little thing. Probably even called him a "moron" for nuc-ular. They don't like it when their guy is under the microscope, so they'll attack the messenger. I don't expect that here. I expect debate and a little humor. I left because of the vitriol being spewed around here and was hoping now with the election behind us, we can actually debate (it also helps to see KK isn't spamming the BN board with wierd stuff ) But then I see junk like what FG posted there complete with rolling emoticon, and it really makes me wonder about the caliber of *some* supporters.
    Last edited by StandUpChuck; 01-25-09 at 09:38 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by soccerboy22 View Post
    You guys are weird.

  4. #64
    Banned
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Location
    New York, NY
    Last Seen
    08-26-09 @ 09:30 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    676

    Re: Prez Zings Gop Foe In A $timulating Talk

    Quote Originally Posted by LaMidRighter View Post
    You used an appeal to majority, that is what democracies do, we are a republic. You call George Bush an idiot and cannot even see why your attempt at making a point follows inconsistent logic, you call GWB an idiot because you didn't agree with his policies,
    Actually I think he's an idiot after watching and hearing him for the past 8 years. His record of mistake after mistake after mistake coupled with too numerous remarks that he made convinced me that he truly is an idiot. Comparing his intellect to President Clinton is a perfect example of smart brilliant (Clinton) versus stupid inept.

    Quote Originally Posted by LaMidRighter View Post
    and the Republicans flawed for using the majority, then you want the Democrats to shove policy through and call Republicans sore losers for fighting back, even though they have done so less vehemently than Democrats ever did and for more reasons.
    I do not understand how you can compare 5 days in office to 8 years. To suggest that the GOP are opposing Democrats less vehemently in the first week of the Obama Administration is truly not a fair comparison.

    Quote Originally Posted by LaMidRighter View Post
    The voice of America elected Democrats because the media exploited some weak Republicans who made bad decisions. Don't get ahead of yourselves and certainly don't assume Americans are in line with you idealogically.
    For now until there's a measurable change I think it is accurate to state that the Democrats & Obama have a good amount of political capitol and that the mood in the country is for Democrats to show us what they can do.
    Quote Originally Posted by LaMidRighter View Post
    Closing Gitmo was a stupid idea, any innocent blood spilled is on Democrat hands, the rest I don't care about, but other Americans do.
    Are you unable to see the public relations advantage of closing Gitmo? Surely you do not believe that closing it means that we're releasing the prisoners there? When I read the arguments here for keeping Gitmo open most posters are stating that this means we're opening the gates and letting everyone go which is completely inaccurate.

    Quote Originally Posted by LaMidRighter View Post
    If you think Bush was the worst president ever you are either too young or have too bad of a memory to know about the Carter years, secondly, Bush was more liberal than we liked but at least he knew where to draw the line, your guys are going too overreach and when they do there will be a backlash, but hey, keep advocating for ridiculous government growth and see where it gets you.
    Carter was not a good President BUT he was far superior to Bush in almost every way. Bush humiliated America in the eyes of the world and we will probably never know how many Americans have died and will die directly because of the amazing recruiting job that Bush did for Al Qaeda through his cowboy mentality.

    Here's an interesting piece from today's Washington Post defining the immediate differences between Bush the Cowboy and Obama the Diplomat:

    washingtonpost.com

    The point of the story is that Bush was Al Qaeda's greatest weapon against America and now with Obama they have an opponent who is liked in the Arab world and is not aiding AQ in recruiting new terrorists.

  5. #65
    Educating the Ignorant
    zimmer's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 05:04 AM
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    14,484
    Blog Entries
    12

    Re: Prez Zings Gop Foe In A $timulating Talk

    Carter was not a good President BUT he was far superior to Bush in almost every way.
    This is part of what drove me from being a socialist. The damn lies that needed to be waged at every turn. Ignore history... make it up as you go.

    Carter:
    Iran Hostage crisis created by his own doing.
    Stagflation; double digit inflation and interest rates.
    Military in tatters.
    Communist expansion.

    Just to name a few success stories.

    Bush:
    Freed 50 million.
    Saddam is now a footnote in history.
    Discovered a nuke corner store; AQ Khan
    Libya surrenders weapons.
    Recession due to tech bubble inherited, then 911; Bush tax cuts get economy rolling.
    Economy on the whole better than Clinton's.

    Bush humiliated America in the eyes of the world and we will probably never know how many Americans have died and will die directly because of the amazing recruiting job that Bush did for Al Qaeda through his cowboy mentality.
    Democrats voiced support and Saddam's threats before 911. Democrats voted to authorize force. The people that have blood on their hands are Democrats that emboldened terrorists during an ongoing war.

    The point of the story is that Bush was Al Qaeda's greatest weapon against America and now with Obama they have an opponent who is liked in the Arab world and is not aiding AQ in recruiting new terrorists.
    LOL. Sorry, but that is funny. Was it in the funnies section?
    Last edited by zimmer; 01-25-09 at 11:45 AM.
    The Clintons are what happens...
    when you have NO MORAL COMPASS.

  6. #66
    Phoenecian
    Indy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Location
    Chicago
    Last Seen
    03-22-13 @ 04:36 PM
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    2,089

    Re: Prez Zings Gop Foe In A $timulating Talk

    Are all of you really under the impression that Rush has real power? How cute.
    Affiant further sayeth not.

  7. #67
    Advisor
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    Nashville/Little Mexico Tennessee
    Last Seen
    06-02-09 @ 12:20 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    523

    Re: Prez Zings Gop Foe In A $timulating Talk

    Quote Originally Posted by moe View Post
    NO WAY! Well Should have known the condoms were not for us they like riding us bare back to much. We seem to be close to the same age.
    We are getting little long in the tooth for retraining. Lots of places do not want to hire us older guys because we are getting close to the age where medical problems start showing up.

    I see you are a 3 year hitch Viet nam era vet. Me to, 4 years. 73 to 77. USS RANGER CVA 61


    I wish you the best of luck trying to get it all back in one sock Rodney and God bless.

    Moe
    ...The one sock rule is the better of two choices when the other is ...,"Those dead beat boomers won`t work anymore,lets shovel dirt in their face". I have degrees,I am signed up for yet another,and I still have hope.Good luck to you too.... Moe,I went to "operation stand down" Here in Nashville,47% of the homeless ,are veterans. I don`t know what thats about,given the higher bar for entry into the armed forces it would seem we(veterans) are a cut above, and I know more highly skilled/trainable than the average.... If it`s because we are damaged goods through ,"our involvement", then give us a sock....BIRD FARMER!
    Last edited by Rodney; 01-25-09 at 12:26 PM.

  8. #68
    Educating the Ignorant
    zimmer's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 05:04 AM
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    14,484
    Blog Entries
    12

    Re: Prez Zings Gop Foe In A $timulating Talk

    Quote Originally Posted by Indy View Post
    Are all of you really under the impression that Rush has real power? How cute.
    Just think, the newly minted President of the United States singled out a private individual that commands a nationwide audience of some 20 million weekly for 15 hours.

    I don't think he would have done it if he did not see him as a viable force.

    Obama knows Limbaugh is a force. He witnessed it first hand with Operation Chaos, dragging out the Democrat race to the bitter end.

    He know Limbaugh is the voice of the opposition.

    He knows, and made the Dumb mistake of letting it be known that he knows.

    You may not... but BO knows.
    Last edited by zimmer; 01-25-09 at 12:38 PM.
    The Clintons are what happens...
    when you have NO MORAL COMPASS.

  9. #69
    Klattu Verata Nicto
    LaMidRighter's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2005
    Location
    Louisiana
    Last Seen
    07-21-17 @ 02:42 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Right
    Posts
    30,534

    Re: Prez Zings Gop Foe In A $timulating Talk

    [QUOTE]
    Quote Originally Posted by Family Guy View Post
    Actually I think he's an idiot after watching and hearing him for the past 8 years. His record of mistake after mistake after mistake coupled with too numerous remarks that he made convinced me that he truly is an idiot. Comparing his intellect to President Clinton is a perfect example of smart brilliant (Clinton) versus stupid inept.
    Clinton had plenty of mistakes, but he wasn't stupid, neither was Bush. You fail to see that you are practicing what we like to call Kool-aid drinking, you say Bush made "mistake after mistake after mistake" without giving one example, same with your "stupid remark" comment, you sound like you just picked up a sound bite of Kennedy and Kerry and passed it along as fact. I can tell you what I don't like about a politician and political party trying to silence a private citizen(Rush, Joe the Plumber, Hannity, talk radio), which is what we are discussing in this thread. Here's a hint, it has something to do with freedom of speech and right to petition.


    I do not understand how you can compare 5 days in office to 8 years. To suggest that the GOP are opposing Democrats less vehemently in the first week of the Obama Administration is truly not a fair comparison.
    That is the same thing Democrats said about the "rubber stamp" Bush administration, from week one Bush was under a microscope, so don't complain when your guy is up for criticism.


    Are you unable to see the public relations advantage of closing Gitmo?
    **** public relations, we are talking about murderers and terrorists here.
    Surely you do not believe that closing it means that we're releasing the prisoners there?
    Where are they going to go? and what is the strategic advantage over being on an island in maximum security?
    When I read the arguments here for keeping Gitmo open most posters are stating that this means we're opening the gates and letting everyone go which is completely inaccurate.
    What are the advantages over being surrounded by an ocean in a maximum security prison then?


    Carter was not a good President BUT he was far superior to Bush in almost every way.
    Bull, Carter was double digit in everything bad and single digit in everything good, even with a democrat friendly media he looked like an idiot. They had to create the misery index because of his presidency.
    Bush humiliated America in the eyes of the world and we will probably never know how many Americans have died and will die directly because of the amazing recruiting job that Bush did for Al Qaeda through his cowboy mentality.
    I don't care what the world thinks, because they don't run THIS country, and don't have a say over our security, sovreignity, or constitution, Carter humiliated us internally and externally, neither foreign nor domestic policy were worth a damn.
    Last edited by LaMidRighter; 01-25-09 at 12:50 PM.
    Neither side in an argument can find the truth when both make an absolute claim on it.

    LMR

  10. #70
    Phoenecian
    Indy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Location
    Chicago
    Last Seen
    03-22-13 @ 04:36 PM
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    2,089

    Re: Prez Zings Gop Foe In A $timulating Talk

    Quote Originally Posted by zimmer View Post
    Just think, the newly minted President of the United States singled out a private individual that commands a nationwide audience of some 20 million weekly for 15 hours.

    I don't think he would have done it if he did not see him as a viable force.

    Obama knows Limbaugh is a force. He witnessed it first hand with Operation Chaos, dragging out the Democrat race to the bitter end.

    He know Limbaugh is the voice of the opposition.

    He knows, and made the Dumb mistake of letting it be known that he knows.

    You may not... but BO knows.
    A Viable force like the one that allowed Hillary to best Obama in the primaries? Operation Chaos anyone? 'Nuff said. He's a joke. A punchline for late-night comics.
    Last edited by Indy; 01-25-09 at 01:01 PM.
    Affiant further sayeth not.

Page 7 of 9 FirstFirst ... 56789 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •