Page 4 of 9 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast
Results 31 to 40 of 82

Thread: Prez Zings Gop Foe In A $timulating Talk

  1. #31
    Sage
    Hatuey's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 11:52 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Moderate
    Posts
    42,048

    Re: Prez Zings Gop Foe In A $timulating Talk

    Obama took on a draft dodging drug addicted coward after taking on the Clinton dynasty, Sarah Palin and accusations of hanging out with terrorists and being a Muslim? Well. I'm sure he's shaking in his boots as we speak because Rush has the same people who didn't vote for Obama ready to do whatever Rush says. Even....gasp....not vote for Obama.
    Last edited by Hatuey; 01-24-09 at 07:58 PM.
    I refuse to accept the view that mankind is so tragically bound to the starless midnight of racism and war that the bright daybreak of peace and brotherhood can never become a reality. - MLK

  2. #32
    Klattu Verata Nicto
    LaMidRighter's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2005
    Location
    Louisiana
    Last Seen
    07-21-17 @ 02:42 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Right
    Posts
    30,534

    Re: Prez Zings Gop Foe In A $timulating Talk

    [QUOTE]
    Quote Originally Posted by Indy View Post
    Wow. It's actually a little bit sad watching all of you act like this because you lost an election. Grow up. He made an innocent comment in the meeting to get the point across that just being flat against something that we are going to do is not helpful. They need to work with the group to get something that works and that they are more comfortable with or shut the hell up. If they don't help out then they can't bitch when something gets passed that is far left of what they would have gotten otherwise.
    Payback is gonna be a bitch, GWB couldn't make any statement that was left alone, and anything he did was spun to make him look either stupid, corrupt, or evil. If political opponents and their bases want to engage in that behavior then they should expect it back, and Obama will get hammered mercilessly, so deal with it.
    Neither side in an argument can find the truth when both make an absolute claim on it.

    LMR

  3. #33
    Sage
    Harry Guerrilla's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    Not affiliated with other libertarians.
    Last Seen
    09-01-17 @ 02:38 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    28,955

    Re: Prez Zings Gop Foe In A $timulating Talk

    Quote Originally Posted by ADK_Forever View Post
    They're not ignoring the Constitution. They're following it. That's how our gov't works.
    The role of our government is to be a representative republic.

    If they make laws that favor one person or group of persons at the expense of another person or group of persons then it is not just or unconstitutional.
    I was discovering that life just simply isn't fair and bask in the unsung glory of knowing that each obstacle overcome along the way only adds to the satisfaction in the end. Nothing great, after all, was ever accomplished by anyone sulking in his or her misery.
    —Adam Shepard

  4. #34
    Klattu Verata Nicto
    LaMidRighter's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2005
    Location
    Louisiana
    Last Seen
    07-21-17 @ 02:42 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Right
    Posts
    30,534

    Re: Prez Zings Gop Foe In A $timulating Talk

    [QUOTE]
    Quote Originally Posted by Family Guy View Post
    What a hoot reading the pitiful Republicans so impotent in so many ways trying to find even the smallest crumb to hang your hats on!
    As opposed to the last eight years and your side? Pot....meet Kettle.

    There's a new sheriff in town and he's not going to let the old GOP ninkompoops get away with squat.
    Keep celebrating, with the current congressional approval ratings, the current congress and president should be very careful how they tread, because their own rules could be used to hang them.

    Carry on with your sore loser posts they are quite amusing! LOVE IT!
    Your position is noted, and you will get all of that back when the Democrats are back in the minority.
    Neither side in an argument can find the truth when both make an absolute claim on it.

    LMR

  5. #35
    Banned
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Location
    New York, NY
    Last Seen
    08-26-09 @ 09:30 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    676

    Re: Prez Zings Gop Foe In A $timulating Talk

    Quote Originally Posted by LaMidRighter View Post
    You are the one claiming majority rule, the constitution was passed partly to ensure that certain liberties, principles, and freedoms cannot be altered, that was to ensure that a majority couldn't invalidate founding principles of the republic, that is also why we aren't a pure democracy. If you do not understand that, or are willing to ignore parts of the constitution because you have a political agenda then it would be YOU hating the constitution.
    Show me where I argued that I'm for majority rule in a way that is anti-constitutional? Hint...you can't because I didn't.

    So instead of pretending that I do not understand our system of government please explain how being against universal suffrage is being pro-America and pro-Constitution.

  6. #36
    Sage
    Harry Guerrilla's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    Not affiliated with other libertarians.
    Last Seen
    09-01-17 @ 02:38 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    28,955

    Re: Prez Zings Gop Foe In A $timulating Talk

    Quote Originally Posted by Family Guy View Post
    Those same founding fathers created a way to AMEND the Constitution making the things you're claiming un-constitutional constitutional so I'm not sure why you're relying on only the original version?
    The original document is all that was really needed in my opinion.

    The Supreme Court said in Bush vs. Gore I think that citizens have no constitutional right to vote in federal elections.

    You amend The Constitution when there is a clear and present reasonable, logical need to do so not for emotional everybody counts nonsense.

    Quote Originally Posted by Family Guy View Post
    The Supreme Court has clearly ruled it ILLEGAL to ban people from voting for the reasons you're demanding and those "reasons" are part of what continues to make your argument irrational, sorry.
    See above

    Quote Originally Posted by Family Guy View Post
    Seriously what you're asking for is what dictators do, not America!
    Dictators want their electorate to be informed and competent?
    I was discovering that life just simply isn't fair and bask in the unsung glory of knowing that each obstacle overcome along the way only adds to the satisfaction in the end. Nothing great, after all, was ever accomplished by anyone sulking in his or her misery.
    —Adam Shepard

  7. #37
    Klattu Verata Nicto
    LaMidRighter's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2005
    Location
    Louisiana
    Last Seen
    07-21-17 @ 02:42 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Right
    Posts
    30,534

    Re: Prez Zings Gop Foe In A $timulating Talk

    [QUOTE]
    Quote Originally Posted by Family Guy View Post
    Those same founding fathers created a way to AMEND the Constitution making the things you're claiming un-constitutional constitutional so I'm not sure why you're relying on only the original version?
    Yes, the founders did, you got one correct. The constitutional amendment allowing universal sufferage can also be amended again to exclude people from voting, not based on arbitrary factors such as race, social class, sex.....etc. but you most certainly could qualify a test on governance or some other qualifiers to vote.

    The Supreme Court has clearly ruled it ILLEGAL to ban people from voting for the reasons you're demanding and those "reasons" are part of what continues to make your argument irrational, sorry.
    Appeals to the court are irrelevent, another court could easily reverse that decision, it has been known to happen.

    Seriously what you're asking for is what dictators do, not America!
    Bull ****, there is nothing wrong with asking people to know what they are doing when they vote, it's merely asking people to not screw up the system by voting in idiots, crooks, liars, and constitutional violators.
    Neither side in an argument can find the truth when both make an absolute claim on it.

    LMR

  8. #38
    Klattu Verata Nicto
    LaMidRighter's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2005
    Location
    Louisiana
    Last Seen
    07-21-17 @ 02:42 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Right
    Posts
    30,534

    Re: Prez Zings Gop Foe In A $timulating Talk

    [QUOTE]
    Quote Originally Posted by Family Guy View Post
    Show me where I argued that I'm for majority rule in a way that is anti-constitutional? Hint...you can't because I didn't.
    The American people have spoken and brought the Republicans this:

    President Obama

    Senate 59-41 DEMOCRATS

    House 256-178 DEMOCRATS

    Supreme Court 5-4 DEMOCRATS

    Quite the majority which will lead to quite the legislative victories....for DEMOCRATS.

    Wasn't it Navy Pride who claimed that the GOP were going to "shock the world" last November 4th?
    You were saying?

    So instead of pretending that I do not understand our system of government please explain how being against universal suffrage is being pro-America and pro-Constitution.
    post 37:
    there is nothing wrong with asking people to know what they are doing when they vote, it's merely asking people to not screw up the system by voting in idiots, crooks, liars, and constitutional violators.
    Neither side in an argument can find the truth when both make an absolute claim on it.

    LMR

  9. #39
    Advisor
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    Nashville/Little Mexico Tennessee
    Last Seen
    06-02-09 @ 12:20 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    523

    Re: Prez Zings Gop Foe In A $timulating Talk

    Quote Originally Posted by moe View Post
    Agreed. I do not so much want to see the Democrats or the GOP succeed . I want to see America succeed for a change. Piss on all their party politics first crap and lets fix the country. For that we can not let just one party ram rod through a package claiming national crisis so don't look just vote. There was a weird thing on TV yesterday that they do not want to use the stimulus package to fund Pell grants but have 300 million marked for condoms. Yes that's right 300 million dollars worth of rubbers. So if any of you out there are unemployed rubber makers things may be looking up at least for you. Maybe they plan on bailing out the Nevada cat houses or something. Plus apparently there is money earmarked for the Arts. I do not see how 300 million dollars worth of rubbers and funding the arts is going to save the economy.

    Truthfully I can see not using the money to fund Pell grants either. I believe college education aid to be important but it does not really qualify as stimulating the economy as in job creation and rebuilding our important private sector industries and this is what this money is supposed to be all about. But I would rather see some money go to Pell grants and other schooling loan programs rather than condoms and the Arts.

    This bill needs to be investigated closely to make sure the politicians are not trying to fund their own useless pet projects for their campaign contributors. I really believe that this a period of time that we should watch all our elected officials very closely and they if they use this period in our history when average people are being wiped out as an excuse to pull more party politics then we should just clean house the next election on both parties. get rid of all of them,

    Moe
    I tried to post a reply and the ministry of love dumped it into the cyber crapper. I`ll be much more brief but to the same point.Obama has decided to provide abortion and condoms to the EU and Africa. When the rage of starving people in America explodes into the streets ,will they be shot ,fire hosed,gassed,or bulldozed into "soilent green" vats. No script was provided to those of us who were thrown into essentialy permanent unemployment so what is the solution. Rage will no more fix the problem than will the college program I signed up for last week...new career / false hope. THIS is the US governments show. WE DIDN`T DO THIS,(momey whores did) One thing is on the mind of the people and Obama thinks politics as usual will carry the day on the news programs. ???????????????????? Help me out here folks. I have a million questions and a giant monkey on my back. THE ECONOMY ...stupid....THE ECONOMY !

  10. #40
    Sage
    Harry Guerrilla's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    Not affiliated with other libertarians.
    Last Seen
    09-01-17 @ 02:38 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    28,955

    Re: Prez Zings Gop Foe In A $timulating Talk

    Quote Originally Posted by Rodney View Post
    I tried to post a reply and the ministry of love dumped it into the cyber crapper. I`ll be much more brief but to the same point.Obama has decided to provide abortion and condoms to the EU and Africa. When the rage of starving people in America explodes into the streets ,will they be shot ,fire hosed,gassed,or bulldozed into "soilent green" vats. No script was provided to those of us who were thrown into essentialy permanent unemployment so what is the solution. Rage will no more fix the problem than will the college program I signed up for last week...new career / false hope. THIS is the US governments show. WE DIDN`T DO THIS,(momey whores did) One thing is on the mind of the people and Obama thinks politics as usual will carry the day on the news programs. ???????????????????? Help me out here folks. I have a million questions and a giant monkey on my back. THE ECONOMY ...stupid....THE ECONOMY !
    The thing is if you believe you are a free man you have to live like one in an un-free society.

    Remember that no programs funded by the government will fix your life forever and try to inform people using logic and not emotion.

    If enough people get the idea that government can't solve your woes they will start to instill real change and not this crap Obama is touting.
    I was discovering that life just simply isn't fair and bask in the unsung glory of knowing that each obstacle overcome along the way only adds to the satisfaction in the end. Nothing great, after all, was ever accomplished by anyone sulking in his or her misery.
    —Adam Shepard

Page 4 of 9 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •