Page 23 of 24 FirstFirst ... 1321222324 LastLast
Results 221 to 230 of 238

Thread: US breached order by executing Mexican: UN court

  1. #221
    Guru
    Binary_Digit's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2005
    Last Seen
    12-02-17 @ 04:34 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    3,539

    Re: US breached order by executing Mexican: UN court

    Quote Originally Posted by Dynamic View Post
    I meant to respond saying how Mexico doesn't give too ****s if someone we want is down there. They won't return them to us. They won't do **** about it. I'm also sure that if it were reversed Mexico would play ignorant.
    Please see the U.S. Mexico Extradition Treaty.

    Quote Originally Posted by Dynamic View Post
    To be frank, the guy killed people here. He needed to be tried here. He broke laws of this country and then should suffer the consequences of his actions held to standards of this country.
    The standards of this country should involve honoring the treaties that we ratify, or else withdraw from them.
    Last edited by Binary_Digit; 01-23-09 at 09:16 PM.

  2. #222
    Tavern Bartender
    Constitutionalist
    American's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Location
    Virginia
    Last Seen
    Today @ 10:04 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    76,255

    Re: US breached order by executing Mexican: UN court

    Quote Originally Posted by ludahai View Post
    I will take the sudden silence by Blackdog and others as a concession that the US was indeed in violation of its treaty obligations and thus of international law and that the ICJ decision was, in fact, the correct one.
    You can stupidly believe that if you like, or you can believe that some of us are tired of this thread. Don't be arrogant.
    "He who does not think himself worth saving from poverty and ignorance by his own efforts, will hardly be thought worth the efforts of anybody else." -- Frederick Douglass, Self-Made Men (1872)
    "Fly-over" country voted, and The Donald is now POTUS.

  3. #223
    Guru
    Binary_Digit's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2005
    Last Seen
    12-02-17 @ 04:34 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    3,539

    Re: US breached order by executing Mexican: UN court

    Quote Originally Posted by American View Post
    You can stupidly believe that if you like, or you can believe that some of us are tired of this thread.
    Yeah, it's soo tiring being proven wrong isn't it?
    Last edited by Binary_Digit; 01-23-09 at 10:51 PM.

  4. #224
    Tavern Bartender
    Constitutionalist
    American's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Location
    Virginia
    Last Seen
    Today @ 10:04 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    76,255

    Re: US breached order by executing Mexican: UN court

    Quote Originally Posted by Binary_Digit View Post
    Yeah, it's soo tiring being proven wrong isn't it?
    Read what donsutherland wrote, then come back and talk.
    "He who does not think himself worth saving from poverty and ignorance by his own efforts, will hardly be thought worth the efforts of anybody else." -- Frederick Douglass, Self-Made Men (1872)
    "Fly-over" country voted, and The Donald is now POTUS.

  5. #225
    King Of The Dog Pound
    Black Dog's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    South Florida
    Last Seen
    @
    Gender
    Lean
    Centrist
    Posts
    34,494

    Re: US breached order by executing Mexican: UN court

    Quote Originally Posted by ludahai View Post
    I will take the sudden silence by Blackdog and others as a concession that the US was indeed in violation of its treaty obligations and thus of international law and that the ICJ decision was, in fact, the correct one.
    Wow a Little full of yourself are we? I have not responded to much of anything for days.

    The US is not in violation of any treaty which can be legally enforced on our soil as has already been shown.

    Now as soon as you become a member of the SCOTUS you will have weight behind your argument. Until then the only legal body that agrees with you has no jurisdiction here.

    So I take your silence in other threads like the one you tried to say LSD is toxic as an admission it is not?

  6. #226
    Advisor
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Last Seen
    11-30-09 @ 04:11 PM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    446

    Re: US breached order by executing Mexican: UN court

    Quote Originally Posted by Blackdog View Post
    Wow a Little full of yourself are we? I have not responded to much of anything for days.

    The US is not in violation of any treaty which can be legally enforced on our soil as has already been shown.

    Now as soon as you become a member of the SCOTUS you will have weight behind your argument. Until then the only legal body that agrees with you has no jurisdiction here.

    So I take your silence in other threads like the one you tried to say LSD is toxic as an admission it is not?
    Are you a member of the SCOTUS? Does that mean your argument equally has zero weight? If the US can knowingly sign a treaty with full intention not to comply with all of its stipulations, why sign it except as a political gesture? Yes the guy broke the law on our soil. What does the law say we have to do though? We can't try the man as if he was a citizen if he wasn't. That's the claim right? He's an illegal alien, therefore does not pay taxes. Therefore he can't be tried as a citizen, therefore does not abide by our laws.
    Of course he can't break them either, because then he gets deported or something else happens. But either way, you can't have it both ways.

    Crazy Conservatives

  7. #227
    King Of The Dog Pound
    Black Dog's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    South Florida
    Last Seen
    @
    Gender
    Lean
    Centrist
    Posts
    34,494

    Re: US breached order by executing Mexican: UN court

    Quote Originally Posted by Smoke[MaxX] View Post
    Are you a member of the SCOTUS? Does that mean your argument equally has zero weight?
    When it comes to interpreting the law, the SCOTUS is much more qualified to interpret than ludahai any day. So no. His opinion is not valid up against the SCOTUS.

    Quote Originally Posted by 'Smoke[MaxX
    If the US can knowingly sign a treaty with full intention not to comply with all of its stipulations, why sign it except as a political gesture?
    Until it is accepted by the states and enforceable, the signature means little even according to the convention itself. But I am repeating myself, read the rest of the thread.

    Quote Originally Posted by 'Smoke[MaxX
    Yes the guy broke the law on our soil. What does the law say we have to do though? We can't try the man as if he was a citizen if he wasn't. That's the claim right?
    No.

    Please read the thread so I don't have to retype the whole argument again. If you had you would no my argument had nothing to do with him literally being a foreign national or not.

    Quote Originally Posted by 'Smoke[MaxX
    He's an illegal alien, therefore does not pay taxes. Therefore he can't be tried as a citizen, therefore does not abide by our laws.
    So by that reasoning I can go to Mexico and kill people with impunity. Hell I could go anyplace and do whatever I wanted. What the hell am I still doing here? All I have to worry about is getting deported, I can live with that.

    Quote Originally Posted by 'Smoke[MaxX
    Of course he can't break them either, because then he gets deported or something else happens. But either way, you can't have it both ways.
    We can and do. When on US soil you are subject to our laws unless you specifically have diplomatic immunity, period.

    Quote Originally Posted by 'Smoke[MaxX
    Crazy Conservatives
    Stupid liberals

  8. #228
    Defender of the Faith
    ludahai's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2005
    Location
    Taichung, Taiwan - 2017 East Asian Games Candidate City
    Last Seen
    07-03-13 @ 02:22 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Conservative
    Posts
    10,320

    Re: US breached order by executing Mexican: UN court

    Quote Originally Posted by Dynamic View Post
    Wow
    I really just did that. haha.

    I meant to respond saying how Mexico doesn't give too ****s if someone we want is down there. They won't return them to us. They won't do **** about it. I'm also sure that if it were reversed Mexico would play ignorant. To be frank, the guy killed people here. He needed to be tried here. He broke laws of this country and then should suffer the consequences of his actions held to standards of this country. I do not sympathize with Mexico about this. And I am against the death penalty.
    What does this have to do with returning a suspect anywhere? That isn't what this is all about.
    Semper Paratus
    Boston = City of Champions: Bruins 2011; Celtics 2008; Red Sox 2004, 2007; Patriots 2002, 2004, 2005
    Jon Huntsman for President

  9. #229
    Defender of the Faith
    ludahai's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2005
    Location
    Taichung, Taiwan - 2017 East Asian Games Candidate City
    Last Seen
    07-03-13 @ 02:22 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Conservative
    Posts
    10,320

    Re: US breached order by executing Mexican: UN court

    Quote Originally Posted by American View Post
    You can stupidly believe that if you like, or you can believe that some of us are tired of this thread. Don't be arrogant.
    After completely ignoring the conclusive proof that counters your false claim that the Senate never ratified the treaty.

    FAIL!
    Semper Paratus
    Boston = City of Champions: Bruins 2011; Celtics 2008; Red Sox 2004, 2007; Patriots 2002, 2004, 2005
    Jon Huntsman for President

  10. #230
    Defender of the Faith
    ludahai's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2005
    Location
    Taichung, Taiwan - 2017 East Asian Games Candidate City
    Last Seen
    07-03-13 @ 02:22 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Conservative
    Posts
    10,320

    Re: US breached order by executing Mexican: UN court

    Quote Originally Posted by American View Post
    Read what donsutherland wrote, then come back and talk.
    HE was proven wrong. He claimed the US Senate never ratified the Vienna Convention. I linked directly from the US Senate the record of the vote.

    FAIL!
    Semper Paratus
    Boston = City of Champions: Bruins 2011; Celtics 2008; Red Sox 2004, 2007; Patriots 2002, 2004, 2005
    Jon Huntsman for President

Page 23 of 24 FirstFirst ... 1321222324 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •