Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst ... 45678 LastLast
Results 51 to 60 of 78

Thread: Bush commutes sentences of former border patrol agents

  1. #51
    Old Soul

    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Location
    ND
    Last Seen
    10-18-13 @ 11:08 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    1,915

    Re: Bush commutes sentences of former border patrol agents

    Quote Originally Posted by Truth Detector View Post
    I agree, I am still very disappointed that Bush didn't have the courage to PARDON these two men for doing their job. It is still an injustice that they now have a criminal record in my opinion.
    I don't think he lacked the courage. I got the impression that he didn't feel like they deserved a complete pardon.

  2. #52
    Sage
    disneydude's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    Los Angeles
    Last Seen
    12-15-17 @ 12:36 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    25,145

    Re: Bush commutes sentences of former border patrol agents

    Quote Originally Posted by Truth Detector View Post
    Let me interpret this for the thread participants: I didn't have any facts and jumped to wild eyed conclusions regarding this case because I would prefer we set murdering drug smugglers free and imprison those trying to protect our borders and American citizens. However, I also refuse to allow the facts to change my rabid partisan views about Bush.

    This, people, is what is wrong with Disney Dudes "chicken little" mentality and is the makeup of many other Bush haters in this country.
    Can you be any more wrong in your interpretation?

    I have never said that "murdering drug smugglers" should be "set free"...in fact I have said that the laws of our country should be applied to all equally. Drug smugglers deserve to be punished by the laws of our Country.....not by the hands of vigalante thugs who then lie and manipulate evidence to cover up their actions.

    I have never said that we should "imprison those trying to protect our borders"....that just your hyper-melodramatic spin. I have great respect for law enforcement, as long as they faithfully and honorably discharge their duties.

    When you justify actions of men like this, you demean every one of our officers who discharge their duties according to the law.
    Last edited by disneydude; 01-20-09 at 03:35 PM.
    <font size=5><b>Its been several weeks since the Vegas shooting.  Its it still "Too Early" or can we start having the conversation about finally doing something about these mass shootings???​</b></font>

  3. #53
    Banned
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Location
    Ventura California
    Last Seen
    11-15-11 @ 11:17 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    8,706

    Re: Bush commutes sentences of former border patrol agents

    Quote Originally Posted by disneydude View Post
    When you justify actions of men like this, you demean every one of our officers who discharge their duties according to the law.
    Let me correct this statement: When you demean the actions of men like this, you demean the efforts of other officers who discharge their duties according to the law.

    The notion that these men violated our laws during their encounter with this thug who was indeed violating them is laughable; at best they broke the law trying to cover up what had occurred, now that would be what is wrong. They had nothing to hide except for the knowledge that the American media and Liberals would be calling for the heads of anyone who dared shoot a thug while trying to escape doing their duty.

  4. #54
    Sage
    disneydude's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    Los Angeles
    Last Seen
    12-15-17 @ 12:36 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    25,145

    Re: Bush commutes sentences of former border patrol agents

    Quote Originally Posted by Truth Detector View Post
    Let me correct this statement: When you demean the actions of men like this, you demean the efforts of other officers who discharge their duties according to the law.

    The notion that these men violated our laws during their encounter with this thug who was indeed violating them is laughable; at best they broke the law trying to cover up what had occurred, now that would be what is wrong. They had nothing to hide except for the knowledge that the American media and Liberals would be calling for the heads of anyone who dared shoot a thug while trying to escape doing their duty.


    Your bolded statements show exactly the mentality that is wrong with those who think that by overlooking the actions of bad cops that they are supporting the good ones.
    <font size=5><b>Its been several weeks since the Vegas shooting.  Its it still "Too Early" or can we start having the conversation about finally doing something about these mass shootings???​</b></font>

  5. #55
    Global Moderator
    Moderator

    Zyphlin's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    NoMoAuchie
    Last Seen
    @
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    47,998

    Re: Bush commutes sentences of former border patrol agents

    Quote Originally Posted by disneydude View Post
    Maybe you would too if you actually looked at the physical evidence that basically refuted the agents story.
    Says the man who thought they killed the person, that he was somehow proven to be unarmed, and that they tried to "cover up the killing"

    How about this...

    Go actually research what the **** you're talking about then come back and try to comment on people not knowing about the evidence.

    Your initial post was filled with so many inaccurate statements that it is absolutely laughable you're telling anyone that they should look at the evidence. What evidence exactly did you research and learn so well that caused you to think the man was killed.

    You're entire premise here is a joke because it was based off obviously idiotic, slanted, partisan hack propaganda put out by extremists on the left mad that a poor poor mexican just got put down by "The Man" of the U.S. again.

  6. #56
    Sage
    disneydude's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    Los Angeles
    Last Seen
    12-15-17 @ 12:36 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    25,145

    Re: Bush commutes sentences of former border patrol agents

    Quote Originally Posted by Zyphlin View Post
    Says the man who thought they killed the person, that he was somehow proven to be unarmed, and that they tried to "cover up the killing"

    How about this...

    Go actually research what the **** you're talking about then come back and try to comment on people not knowing about the evidence.

    Your initial post was filled with so many inaccurate statements that it is absolutely laughable you're telling anyone that they should look at the evidence. What evidence exactly did you research and learn so well that caused you to think the man was killed.

    You're entire premise here is a joke because it was based off obviously idiotic, slanted, partisan hack propaganda put out by extremists on the left mad that a poor poor mexican just got put down by "The Man" of the U.S. again.
    The only thing that was wrong in my original post was that I thought the man had been killed. It doesn't change the actions of these thugs in lying and manipulating evidence to cover up their actions.
    <font size=5><b>Its been several weeks since the Vegas shooting.  Its it still "Too Early" or can we start having the conversation about finally doing something about these mass shootings???​</b></font>

  7. #57
    Sage
    jamesrage's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    A place where common sense exists
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 02:47 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Slightly Conservative
    Posts
    31,075

    Re: Bush commutes sentences of former border patrol agents

    Quote Originally Posted by disneydude View Post
    Bush commutes sentences of former US border agents - Yahoo! News

    Typical of his Presidency....Bush commutes the sentences of the border patrol agents who shot the man in the back.

    Granted ... this man was a suspected drug dealer, nevertheless, he was unarmed and shot in the back and killed. Even worse, they lied and tried to cover up the killing.
    They and that sheriff's deputy should have received pardons. Commuting their sentences is just a slap in the face to them. Maybe they can appeal to Obama for a actual pardon, although seeing how Obama share McCain and Bush's view on illegal immigration I seriously doubt Obama would grant them amnesty.
    "A nation can survive its fools, and even the ambitious. But it cannot survive treason from within. An enemy at the gates is less formidable, for he is known and carries his banner openly. But the traitor moves amongst those within the gate freely, his sly whispers rustling through all the alleys, heard in the very halls of government itself. For the traitor appears not a traitor; he speaks in accents familiar to his victims, and he wears their face and their arguments, he appeals to the baseness that lies deep in the hearts of all men. He rots the soul of a nation, he works secretly and unknown in the night to undermine the pillars of the city, he infects the body politic so that it can no longer resist. A murder is less to fear"

    Cicero Marcus Tullius

  8. #58
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    United States
    Last Seen
    01-21-16 @ 12:21 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    51,124

    Thumbs up Re: Bush commutes sentences of former border patrol agents

    Quote Originally Posted by disneydude View Post
    Bush commutes sentences of former US border agents - Yahoo! News

    Typical of his Presidency....Bush commutes the sentences of the border patrol agents who shot the man in the back.

    Granted ... this man was a suspected drug dealer, nevertheless, he was unarmed and shot in the back and killed. Even worse, they lied and tried to cover up the killing.
    This is fantastic news

  9. #59
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    Los Angeles, CA
    Last Seen
    02-16-11 @ 08:57 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Centrist
    Posts
    36,915
    Blog Entries
    2

    Re: Bush commutes sentences of former border patrol agents

    Quote Originally Posted by disneydude View Post
    Honestly....why do you believe they deserved pardons?

    They shot an unarmed man in the back, lied about it and then tried to cover it up by trying to get rid of the spent shell casing evidence.

    I'm curious as to why you believe they deserved to be pardoned.
    Because they were chasing down an illegal alien who was also a known drug dealer? I dunno...seems like good enough reason to give them a pass to me.

    Although, I do find something confusing. If governors and presidents are in the executive branches of state and federal government, respectively, how do they have the power to overturn or nullify judicial mandates?

  10. #60
    Sage
    disneydude's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    Los Angeles
    Last Seen
    12-15-17 @ 12:36 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    25,145

    Re: Bush commutes sentences of former border patrol agents

    Quote Originally Posted by jallman View Post
    Because they were chasing down an illegal alien who was also a known drug dealer? I dunno...seems like good enough reason to give them a pass to me.

    Although, I do find something confusing. If governors and presidents are in the executive branches of state and federal government, respectively, how do they have the power to overturn or nullify judicial mandates?
    However...that overlooks their actions following the shooting. I'd be much more willing to give them the "benefit of the doubt" had they not lied and tried to alter evidence. That speaks volumes as to the legitimacy of their original claims.
    <font size=5><b>Its been several weeks since the Vegas shooting.  Its it still "Too Early" or can we start having the conversation about finally doing something about these mass shootings???​</b></font>

Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst ... 45678 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •