Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast
Results 41 to 50 of 78

Thread: Bush commutes sentences of former border patrol agents

  1. #41
    Sage

    Join Date
    May 2007
    Last Seen
    Today @ 12:55 AM
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    7,940

    Re: Bush commutes sentences of former border patrol agents

    The sentences being commuted means they are forever convicted felons as opposed to pardoning them. This falls in with Georgie boy's love of Mexico more than his own country. As a life long Republican GWB was a major disappointmet to say the least. It is him and his adminsistration that brought us a president with next to nothing for experience so the next four years should be equally ..... "trying". Maybe he can get the two agents jobs feeding his horses.
    It's nothing more than X's and O's.

  2. #42
    ANTI**ANTIFA
    ReverendHellh0und's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Location
    Temple of Solomon
    Last Seen
    Today @ 06:23 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    75,680

    Re: Bush commutes sentences of former border patrol agents

    Quote Originally Posted by disneydude View Post
    Maybe you would too if you actually looked at the physical evidence that basically refuted the agents story.

    Nonsense.You can claim this all you want,but you protect a drug dealing illegal alien smuggler, over 2 border patrol agents.


    I am comfortable with my position. You are not even sure of the facts as you thought the guy was killed.....
    Last edited by ReverendHellh0und; 01-20-09 at 12:00 PM.
    Let evil swiftly befall those who have wrongly condemned us

  3. #43
    Sage
    disneydude's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    Los Angeles
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 07:24 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    25,144

    Re: Bush commutes sentences of former border patrol agents

    Quote Originally Posted by Reverend_Hellh0und View Post
    Nonsense.You can claim this all you want,but you protect a drug dealing illegal alien smuggler, over 2 border patrol agents.


    I am comfortable with my position. You are not even sure of the facts as you thought the guy was killed.....
    You probably cheer every time the police shoot unarmed individuals in the back as well.

    I will never understand why some people in this country believe that police don't have to follow the same laws as everyone else simply because they carry a badge.

    That mindset is one of the most dangerous things that can happen in a free country.
    <font size=5><b>Its been several weeks since the Vegas shooting.  Its it still "Too Early" or can we start having the conversation about finally doing something about these mass shootings???​</b></font>

  4. #44
    Old Soul

    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Location
    ND
    Last Seen
    10-18-13 @ 11:08 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    1,915

    Re: Bush commutes sentences of former border patrol agents

    Quote Originally Posted by disneydude View Post
    You probably cheer every time the police shoot unarmed individuals in the back as well.

    I will never understand why some people in this country believe that police don't have to follow the same laws as everyone else simply because they carry a badge.

    That mindset is one of the most dangerous things that can happen in a free country.
    in the butt**

  5. #45
    Advisor hackster's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Last Seen
    10-26-10 @ 12:20 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    388

    Re: Bush commutes sentences of former border patrol agents

    i did not support the majority of W's work, but for this...

    CLAP-CLAP-CLAP-CLAP-CLAP-CLAP-CLAP-CLAP-CLAP-CLAP-CLAP-CLAP-CLAP-CLAP-CLAP-CLAP-CLAP-CLAP-CLAP-CLAP-CLAP-CLAP-CLAP-CLAP-CLAP-CLAP-CLAP-CLAP-CLAP-CLAP-CLAP-CLAP-CLAP-CLAP-CLAP-CLAP-CLAP-CLAP-CLAP-CLAP-CLAP-CLAP-CLAP-CLAP-CLAP-CLAP-CLAP-CLAP-CLAP-CLAP-CLAP.

  6. #46
    ANTI**ANTIFA
    ReverendHellh0und's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Location
    Temple of Solomon
    Last Seen
    Today @ 06:23 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    75,680

    Re: Bush commutes sentences of former border patrol agents

    Quote Originally Posted by disneydude View Post
    You probably cheer every time the police shoot unarmed individuals in the back as well.

    To assume that would be foolish.

    I will never understand why some people in this country believe that police don't have to follow the same laws as everyone else simply because they carry a badge.
    To assume this of me would also be foolish.


    That mindset is one of the most dangerous things that can happen in a free country.

    Want to build any more strawmen?
    Let evil swiftly befall those who have wrongly condemned us

  7. #47
    Sage
    disneydude's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    Los Angeles
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 07:24 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    25,144

    Re: Bush commutes sentences of former border patrol agents

    Quote Originally Posted by Reverend_Hellh0und View Post
    To assume that would be foolish.



    To assume this of me would also be foolish.





    Want to build any more strawmen?

    Why would it be foolish.....I think it characterizes many of your posts over the last year or two.
    If its a "Strawman"....its only because you supplied the straw.
    <font size=5><b>Its been several weeks since the Vegas shooting.  Its it still "Too Early" or can we start having the conversation about finally doing something about these mass shootings???​</b></font>

  8. #48
    ANTI**ANTIFA
    ReverendHellh0und's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Location
    Temple of Solomon
    Last Seen
    Today @ 06:23 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    75,680

    Re: Bush commutes sentences of former border patrol agents

    Quote Originally Posted by disneydude View Post
    Why would it be foolish.....I think it characterizes many of your posts over the last year or two.

    Quote and link.


    If its a "Strawman"....its only because you supplied the straw.


    Balderdash!
    Let evil swiftly befall those who have wrongly condemned us

  9. #49
    Banned
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Location
    Ventura California
    Last Seen
    11-15-11 @ 11:17 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    8,706

    Re: Bush commutes sentences of former border patrol agents

    Quote Originally Posted by disneydude View Post
    I thought he had been killed....nevertheless.....what about their actions make you believe that they deserved to be pardoned?
    Let me interpret this for the thread participants: I didn't have any facts and jumped to wild eyed conclusions regarding this case because I would prefer we set murdering drug smugglers free and imprison those trying to protect our borders and American citizens. However, I also refuse to allow the facts to change my rabid partisan views about Bush.

    This, people, is what is wrong with Disney Dudes "chicken little" mentality and is the makeup of many other Bush haters in this country.
    Last edited by Truth Detector; 01-20-09 at 03:02 PM.

  10. #50
    Banned
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Location
    Ventura California
    Last Seen
    11-15-11 @ 11:17 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    8,706

    Re: Bush commutes sentences of former border patrol agents

    Quote Originally Posted by Lerxst View Post
    They weren't pardoned. Their sentences were commuted. Big difference.


    But they should have been pardoned.
    I agree, I am still very disappointed that Bush didn't have the courage to PARDON these two men for doing their job. It is still an injustice that they now have a criminal record in my opinion.

Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •