Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
Results 21 to 30 of 37

Thread: Bashers End Bush Era Deflated by Lack of Prosecutions

  1. #21
    Professor

    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Last Seen
    02-13-09 @ 05:15 PM
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    1,942

    Re: Bashers End Bush Era Deflated by Lack of Prosecutions

    Quote Originally Posted by independent_thinker2002 View Post
    Wouldn't it be funny if they flew Bush straight to Gitmo?
    No. Where's the humor in this? Gitmo is something you find despicable, no? Yet, apparently, it's not so despicable as to ship a former US President there?

    You people have some psychological issues that psychology cannot begin to assess.

  2. #22
    Bus Driver to Hell
    Thorgasm's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Last Seen
    12-12-17 @ 12:12 PM
    Lean
    Very Conservative
    Posts
    68,194

    Re: Bashers End Bush Era Deflated by Lack of Prosecutions

    Quote Originally Posted by JMak View Post
    No. Where's the humor in this? Gitmo is something you find despicable, no? Yet, apparently, it's not so despicable as to ship a former US President there?
    It was a joke. You see, there is irony in it. I know you recognize it.

    If Gitmo is fine, it's not so depsicable to ship a former US President there.

    Quote Originally Posted by JMak View Post
    You people have some psychological issues that psychology cannot begin to assess.
    I won't waste my time or money then. Thanks.
    Quote Originally Posted by faithful_servant View Post
    Being a psychiatric patient does not mean that you are mentally ill.



  3. #23
    Professor

    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Last Seen
    02-13-09 @ 05:15 PM
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    1,942

    Re: Bashers End Bush Era Deflated by Lack of Prosecutions

    Quote Originally Posted by independent_thinker2002 View Post
    It was a joke. You see, there is irony in it. I know you recognize it.
    No, I don't see the irony. Call me obtuse. Call me thick-headed. I just don't see it.

    If Gitmo is fine, it's not so depsicable to ship a former US President there.
    Hmmm, curious thought. Gitmo is reserved for non-US citizens detained as enemy combatants and other specially-designated individuals. Why do you think it would be humorous to subject a US President to the despicable treatment you (at least others allege) allege is the norm there?

    I won't waste my time or money then. Thanks.
    You're welcome.

  4. #24
    Bus Driver to Hell
    Thorgasm's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Last Seen
    12-12-17 @ 12:12 PM
    Lean
    Very Conservative
    Posts
    68,194

    Re: Bashers End Bush Era Deflated by Lack of Prosecutions

    Quote Originally Posted by JMak View Post
    No, I don't see the irony. Call me obtuse. Call me thick-headed. I just don't see it.



    Hmmm, curious thought. Gitmo is reserved for non-US citizens detained as enemy combatants and other specially-designated individuals. Why do you think it would be humorous to subject a US President to the despicable treatment you (at least others allege) allege is the norm there?



    You're welcome.
    Jose Padilla.
    Quote Originally Posted by faithful_servant View Post
    Being a psychiatric patient does not mean that you are mentally ill.



  5. #25
    Professor

    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Last Seen
    02-13-09 @ 05:15 PM
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    1,942

    Re: Bashers End Bush Era Deflated by Lack of Prosecutions

    Quote Originally Posted by independent_thinker2002 View Post
    Jose Padilla.
    Oh...the now-convicted terrorist who had been held as an enemy combatant? What about him?

  6. #26
    Tavern Bartender
    Constitutionalist
    American's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Location
    Virginia
    Last Seen
    Today @ 10:51 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    76,305

    Re: Bashers End Bush Era Deflated by Lack of Prosecutions

    Who will Democrats turn to when crying foul and racism, Prez Obama? I see libs lining up for therapy.
    "He who does not think himself worth saving from poverty and ignorance by his own efforts, will hardly be thought worth the efforts of anybody else." -- Frederick Douglass, Self-Made Men (1872)
    "Fly-over" country voted, and The Donald is now POTUS.

  7. #27
    Bus Driver to Hell
    Thorgasm's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Last Seen
    12-12-17 @ 12:12 PM
    Lean
    Very Conservative
    Posts
    68,194

    Re: Bashers End Bush Era Deflated by Lack of Prosecutions

    Quote Originally Posted by JMak View Post
    Oh...the now-convicted terrorist who had been held as an enemy combatant? What about him?
    He was a US citizen. Habeus corpus was suspended for quite a while with him.
    Quote Originally Posted by faithful_servant View Post
    Being a psychiatric patient does not mean that you are mentally ill.



  8. #28
    Professor

    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Last Seen
    02-13-09 @ 05:15 PM
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    1,942

    Re: Bashers End Bush Era Deflated by Lack of Prosecutions

    Quote Originally Posted by independent_thinker2002 View Post
    He was a US citizen. Habeus corpus was suspended for quite a while with him.
    He was designated an enemy combatant. Hence, he was shipped to Gitmo.

    Did you just ignore what I posted earlier?

    "Gitmo is reserved for non-US citizens detained as enemy combatants and other specially-designated individuals."

    I'm not sure I see the humor in classifying Bush as an enemy combatant or a terrorist. Maybe I'm a dullard.

    More likely, though, I don't suffer from BDS.

  9. #29
    Tavern Bartender
    Constitutionalist
    American's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Location
    Virginia
    Last Seen
    Today @ 10:51 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    76,305

    Re: Bashers End Bush Era Deflated by Lack of Prosecutions

    We'll be hearing "It's Bush's fault" during the next four Camelot years.
    "He who does not think himself worth saving from poverty and ignorance by his own efforts, will hardly be thought worth the efforts of anybody else." -- Frederick Douglass, Self-Made Men (1872)
    "Fly-over" country voted, and The Donald is now POTUS.

  10. #30
    Bus Driver to Hell
    Thorgasm's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Last Seen
    12-12-17 @ 12:12 PM
    Lean
    Very Conservative
    Posts
    68,194

    Re: Bashers End Bush Era Deflated by Lack of Prosecutions

    Quote Originally Posted by JMak View Post
    He was designated an enemy combatant. Hence, he was shipped to Gitmo.

    Did you just ignore what I posted earlier?

    "Gitmo is reserved for non-US citizens detained as enemy combatants and other specially-designated individuals."

    I'm not sure I see the humor in classifying Bush as an enemy combatant or a terrorist. Maybe I'm a dullard.

    More likely, though, I don't suffer from BDS.
    I didn't ignore it. I read it. Don't post things if you aren't going to understand them.

    The guy who diagrams my jokes called in sick again. Sorry about that.
    Quote Originally Posted by faithful_servant View Post
    Being a psychiatric patient does not mean that you are mentally ill.



Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •