Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
Results 21 to 30 of 79

Thread: Poll confirms US image problem ahead of Obama debut

  1. #21
    Banned
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Last Seen
    07-18-09 @ 04:56 AM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    1,041

    Re: Poll confirms US image problem ahead of Obama debut

    You can get a significant portion of the planet loving the USA if it simply gasses its Jews.

    So how about it..want to be loved by killing Jews?

    No?

    ..then who cares what the "world" thinks.



    Its not a HS popularity contest.
    No matter how much children like Obama wish it was.
    Last edited by Triad; 01-20-09 at 08:06 PM.

  2. #22
    Human 2.0
    Maximus Zeebra's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Location
    Western Europe
    Last Seen
    09-07-17 @ 10:19 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    6,568

    Re: Poll confirms US image problem ahead of Obama debut

    Quote Originally Posted by Triad View Post
    You can get a significant portion of the planet loving the USA if it simpyl gasses its Jews.

    So how about it..want to be loved by killing Jews?

    No?

    ..then who cares what the "world" thinks.



    Its not a HS popularity contest.
    No matter how much children like Obama wish it was.
    What the hell are you talking about.. What you are saying is just racism.. Its certainly not proving any points, and certainly not in favor of your stand, which is unclear in your post..
    Europe is illegally occupied by the US

  3. #23
    Tavern Bartender
    Constitutionalist
    American's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Location
    Virginia
    Last Seen
    Today @ 06:42 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    76,306

    Re: Poll confirms US image problem ahead of Obama debut

    Quote Originally Posted by Maximus Zeebra View Post
    The world likes you when you act morally right and are an example for others to follow, that you haven't been at all. When Bush says America is a beacon of hope, he is just completely wrong these days. The US has been a beacon of hope but is no more, Ive heard Europe is a beacon of hope nowadays.
    Hahahahaha, Europe never was a beacon of hope, and never will be. What kind of koolaid are you drinking.
    "He who does not think himself worth saving from poverty and ignorance by his own efforts, will hardly be thought worth the efforts of anybody else." -- Frederick Douglass, Self-Made Men (1872)
    "Fly-over" country voted, and The Donald is now POTUS.

  4. #24
    Human 2.0
    Maximus Zeebra's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Location
    Western Europe
    Last Seen
    09-07-17 @ 10:19 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    6,568

    Re: Poll confirms US image problem ahead of Obama debut

    Quote Originally Posted by American View Post
    Hahahahaha, Europe never was a beacon of hope, and never will be. What kind of koolaid are you drinking.
    What do you really know about anything else than American politics? Thats the question stuck in my mind.. Do you know anything about Europe at all, except the world war 2 stuff which Americans keep going on about?
    Do you have any idea what Europe anno 2009 is? Do you have any idea what America anno 2009 is compared to what it was in the past and you all seem to cling onto in some desperate dream of what "America has been"?
    Last edited by Maximus Zeebra; 01-20-09 at 08:33 PM.
    Europe is illegally occupied by the US

  5. #25
    Banned
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Last Seen
    07-18-09 @ 04:56 AM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    1,041

    Re: Poll confirms US image problem ahead of Obama debut

    Quote Originally Posted by Maximus Zeebra View Post
    What the hell are you talking about.. What you are saying is just racism.. Its certainly not proving any points, and certainly not in favor of your stand, which is unclear in your post..
    Nothing racist in my post. In fact HOW you pulled racism out of that is beyond me.

    Before you start flinging labels like that around I suggest you have a basis for it or at the very least an understanding of what the person said..which you clearly do not.

    anyhow...

    If person A hates you and person B hating you as well will gain them the benefit of being liked by C is it worth it?

    Is destroying a key part of say YOUR nations foundations worth it to placate your neighbors views of you?

    IS placating the various aspirations of numerous parts of the planet simply to have a "good image" in the minds of some worth it?

    Or at the very base level lets say hanging you will make the poll numbers 10% better....

    The answer is a simple NO...in fact the very idea is not only ridiculously simple its the hallmark of the idealistic naivety of a fool.

    Nation states cannot form policies nor can people survive as a peoples in the realities of this world by placating the aspirations of others. Its as simple as that and more then adequatly proven throughout human history.

    Lets say there is a poll showing most Americans think your nation is dorky..but you could change that by kissing our butts..In effect what this dumb poll is doing.
    You going to pucker up?..of course not..and neither will ANYONE else on this planet.

    Its why we have Wars....

  6. #26
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Last Seen
    12-10-11 @ 02:19 PM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    5,122

    Re: Poll confirms US image problem ahead of Obama debut

    Quote Originally Posted by Maximus Zeebra View Post
    What did NAZI Germany think about themselves for example? Or what did Soviet and what do Russia think of themselves? Thats quite interesting.. I would think all of them had and have high feelings about themselves, while the rest dislikes them.

    No matter, interesting poll. I would imagine the numbers were completely different just 15 years ago.
    Show me one reason the United States Should care, AT ALL, what other countries think of us ??

    Does your country care what we in the U.S. think of it / them ?

    If so prove it and tell me why your country seeks U.S. approval ??

  7. #27
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Last Seen
    12-10-11 @ 02:19 PM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    5,122

    Re: Poll confirms US image problem ahead of Obama debut

    Quote Originally Posted by jujuman13 View Post
    Makes quite a change from destabilizing South American Governments and encouraging Dictators within those Countries?
    Oh NO, don't tell me we had dealings with kings.



    Oh the inhumanity, , , oh wait, I just remembered,

    most countries for most of the history of earth were dictatorships,
    so my recently acquired moral high ground melts from under my feet,

  8. #28
    Human 2.0
    Maximus Zeebra's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Location
    Western Europe
    Last Seen
    09-07-17 @ 10:19 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    6,568

    Re: Poll confirms US image problem ahead of Obama debut

    Quote Originally Posted by Voidwar View Post
    Show me one reason the United States Should care, AT ALL, what other countries think of us ??

    Does your country care what we in the U.S. think of it / them ?

    If so prove it and tell me why your country seeks U.S. approval ??
    I am just saying its an interesting poll.. The people in the US ought to care. I would certainly care if a majority of countries liked my country 15 years ago and a majority dislikes it now, and I am completely unaware of why. That would make me question myself and my country, if we really live in a bubble world, where we do not really see the reality as it is.
    Europe is illegally occupied by the US

  9. #29
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Last Seen
    12-10-11 @ 02:19 PM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    5,122

    Re: Poll confirms US image problem ahead of Obama debut

    Quote Originally Posted by Maximus Zeebra View Post
    The European ways are now what people are seeking, European ideals of human rights and all for one and one for all, rather than all for themselves and as much as possible to the detriment of others, like in America...
    What complete ignorance of the world is exhibited here.

    Look at your little description . . . the red part . . .all for themselves and as much as possible to the detriment of others

    That IS Europe, to a T , from oh say about . . .

    1095, the time of the first crusade,

    to the Colonialism that was still rampant when your Continent tore the world apart and destroyed itself in 1917 and 1939.

    So as to "all for themselves and as much as possible to the detriment of others", that has been the "European ways" for about 800 years, much much longer if one includes the Romans.

    Even less to the Continent's credit, except for a brief pause from the Black Death of the 1340's to the stopping of violent Islamic expansion at the siege of Vienna in 1529, it did not cease this behavior until very recently, if at all, and not by choice, but by factual military and fiscal impotence to engage in the practice after destroying itself in two world wars in twenty-two years.

    Quote Originally Posted by Maximus Zeebra View Post
    I suggest you read a nice book
    Heed your own advice, repeatedly.

  10. #30
    Human 2.0
    Maximus Zeebra's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Location
    Western Europe
    Last Seen
    09-07-17 @ 10:19 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    6,568

    Re: Poll confirms US image problem ahead of Obama debut

    Quote Originally Posted by Voidwar View Post
    What complete ignorance of the world is exhibited here.

    Look at your little description . . . the red part . . .all for themselves and as much as possible to the detriment of others

    That IS Europe, to a T , from oh say about . . .

    1095, the time of the first crusade,

    to the Colonialism that was still rampant when your Continent tore the world apart and destroyed itself in 1917 and 1939.

    So as to "all for themselves and as much as possible to the detriment of others", that has been the "European ways" for about 800 years, much much longer if one includes the Romans.

    Even less to the Continent's credit, except for a brief pause from the Black Death of the 1340's to the stopping of violent Islamic expansion at the siege of Vienna in 1529, it did not cease this behavior until very recently, if at all, and not by choice, but by factual military and fiscal impotence to engage in the practice after destroying itself in two world wars in twenty-two years.



    Heed your own advice, repeatedly.

    What do you really know about anything else than American politics? Thats the question stuck in my mind.. Do you know anything about Europe at all, except the world war 2 stuff which Americans keep going on about?
    Do you have any idea what Europe anno 2009 is? Do you have any idea what America anno 2009 is compared to what it was in the past and you all seem to cling onto in some desperate dream of what "America has been"?
    Europe is illegally occupied by the US

Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •