Page 4 of 10 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast
Results 31 to 40 of 99

Thread: Militants fire rockets into Israel after cease-fire

  1. #31
    Professor
    shiznit770's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Location
    Naperville, IL
    Last Seen
    07-08-10 @ 07:09 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    1,393

    Re: Militants fire rockets into Israel after cease-fire

    Quote Originally Posted by Tashah View Post
    Always attack. Right Shiznit? Never willing to listen or learn from someone who actually lives in the region and has experienced war firsthand.

    I daresay, you grow intellectually smaller with each passing day.
    I saw your post for what it was, a pathetic excuse for excessive violence. "Our neighbors do it, so we must do it too. We're right though and they're wrong." You may think it was insightful and enlightening but it really just shows your arrogance and unwillingness to keep your country to the standards of its peers.

  2. #32
    ANTI**ANTIFA
    ReverendHellh0und's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Location
    Temple of Solomon
    Last Seen
    Today @ 02:38 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    75,428

    Re: Militants fire rockets into Israel after cease-fire

    Quote Originally Posted by shiznit770 View Post
    I saw your post for what it was, a pathetic excuse for excessive violence. "Our neighbors do it, so we must do it too. We're right though and they're wrong." You may think it was insightful and enlightening but it really just shows your arrogance and unwillingness to keep your country to the standards of its peers.



    so are you arguin isreal should instead fire the same types of rockets at civillian targets and blow up buses and stuff?


    Let evil swiftly befall those who have wrongly condemned us

  3. #33
    Professor
    shiznit770's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Location
    Naperville, IL
    Last Seen
    07-08-10 @ 07:09 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    1,393

    Re: Militants fire rockets into Israel after cease-fire

    Quote Originally Posted by Reverend_Hellh0und View Post
    so are you arguin isreal should instead fire the same types of rockets at civillian targets and blow up buses and stuff?


    Not even close.

  4. #34
    ANTI**ANTIFA
    ReverendHellh0und's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Location
    Temple of Solomon
    Last Seen
    Today @ 02:38 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    75,428

    Re: Militants fire rockets into Israel after cease-fire

    Quote Originally Posted by shiznit770 View Post
    Not even close.


    Then by all means, what should the israeli response be? and please be specific. thanks
    Let evil swiftly befall those who have wrongly condemned us

  5. #35
    Sage

    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Location
    New York
    Last Seen
    11-28-17 @ 04:47 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Centrist
    Posts
    11,690

    Re: Militants fire rockets into Israel after cease-fire

    Quote Originally Posted by Tashah View Post
    The imagined ends - Hamas victory! - are vastly more important than the real means - sacrificing the people and infrastructure of Gaza.
    Hamas has no regard for the lives of Gaza's residents or Gaza's future. Hamas only seeks Israel's destruction.

    In the past, Hamas has embraced a "culture of death" in hailing suicide bombers. Hamas uses Gaza's civilian population as human shields. Hamas cynically exploits propaganda opportunities created when Gaza's residents suffer harm on account of Hamas' human shielding.

  6. #36
    ANTI**ANTIFA
    ReverendHellh0und's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Location
    Temple of Solomon
    Last Seen
    Today @ 02:38 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    75,428

    Re: Militants fire rockets into Israel after cease-fire

    Quote Originally Posted by donsutherland1 View Post
    Hamas has no regard for the lives of Gaza's residents or Gaza's future. Hamas only seeks Israel's destruction.

    In the past, Hamas has embraced a "culture of death" in hailing suicide bombers. Hamas uses Gaza's civilian population as human shields. Hamas cynically exploits propaganda opportunities created when Gaza's residents suffer harm on account of Hamas' human shielding.



    Excellent post..... this is it in a nutshell.
    Let evil swiftly befall those who have wrongly condemned us

  7. #37
    Professor
    shiznit770's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Location
    Naperville, IL
    Last Seen
    07-08-10 @ 07:09 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    1,393

    Re: Militants fire rockets into Israel after cease-fire

    Quote Originally Posted by Reverend_Hellh0und View Post
    Then by all means, what should the israeli response be? and please be specific. thanks
    Don's assessment is accurate and that is exactly why the current tactic will not work. A comparison can be made to Iraqi insurgents. They care little for the lives of fellow Iraqis, especially if they are neutral or in support of the opposition.

    Hamas will not give up in the face of an overwhelming destructive force. I feel there needs to be a surge. A large international policing body within the population, not shelling from afar. In order to defeat (destroy or change) Hamas, Israel needs the support of the Palestinian people.

    Military policing would be one of several factors necessary to accomplish this. They would also need to remove the blockade and give Gaza aid for reconstruction. Israel needs to insist on International support and work with its Arab neighbors much more. All of this is immediately unrealistic, but it should be a future goal. Each time Israel uses collective punishment they isolate themselves and tie the hands of their neighboring leaders.

  8. #38
    ANTI**ANTIFA
    ReverendHellh0und's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Location
    Temple of Solomon
    Last Seen
    Today @ 02:38 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    75,428

    Re: Militants fire rockets into Israel after cease-fire

    Quote Originally Posted by shiznit770 View Post
    Don's assessment is accurate and that is exactly why the current tactic will not work. A comparison can be made to Iraqi insurgents. They care little for the lives of fellow Iraqis, especially if they are neutral or in support of the opposition.

    Hamas will not give up in the face of an overwhelming destructive force. I feel there needs to be a surge. A large international policing body within the population, not shelling from afar. In order to defeat (destroy or change) Hamas, Israel needs the support of the Palestinian people.

    Military policing would be one of several factors necessary to accomplish this. They would also need to remove the blockade and give Gaza aid for reconstruction. Israel needs to insist on International support and work with its Arab neighbors much more. All of this is immediately unrealistic, but it should be a future goal. Each time Israel uses collective punishment they isolate themselves and tie the hands of their neighboring leaders.


    I had to thank you for actually responding. often this does not happen with some posters....


    I can agree with most of this...

    when would you remove the blockade? before or after you secure Gaza with an international presence...


    (and it would have to be a real one, none of that ninny UN "peacekeeper" crap.... )
    Let evil swiftly befall those who have wrongly condemned us

  9. #39
    Professor
    shiznit770's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Location
    Naperville, IL
    Last Seen
    07-08-10 @ 07:09 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    1,393

    Re: Militants fire rockets into Israel after cease-fire

    Quote Originally Posted by Reverend_Hellh0und View Post
    I had to thank you for actually responding. often this does not happen with some posters....


    I can agree with most of this...

    when would you remove the blockade? before or after you secure Gaza with an international presence...


    (and it would have to be a real one, none of that ninny UN "peacekeeper" crap.... )
    I think there needs to be a serious international consensus before the blockade can be lifted. The coalition needs to be diverse and more concerned with a solution than placing blame.

    When we generally refer to the blockade we refer to Palestine's complete isolation. They have really been under a de facto blockade for far longer though. Israel should encourage the use of its borders and Gaza's sea coast for trade once adequate security measures are in place. The Egyptian border should remain closed for some time as its use has historically been for counterproductive measures.

    The sides are so at odds with each other now it might be necessary to begin reconstruction in a far less populated area of the Gaza strip, away from Gaza city. It also must be understood that to gain the people of Gaza's faith some rocket attacks must be addressed with minimal civilian casualties. The process will not happen over night and it will test both side's patience (especially Israel's) quite severely.

  10. #40
    wʜɪтe яussɪaи Tashah's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2005
    Location
    ישראל אמריקה
    Last Seen
    05-12-14 @ 04:00 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Centrist
    Posts
    18,379

    Re: Militants fire rockets into Israel after cease-fire

    Quote Originally Posted by shiznit770 View Post
    I saw your post for what it was, a pathetic excuse for excessive violence. "Our neighbors do it, so we must do it too. We're right though and they're wrong." You may think it was insightful and enlightening but it really just shows your arrogance and unwillingness to keep your country to the standards of its peers.
    You saw. Bravo. Well done.

    The good folks at DP can read and will draw their own conclusions. I castigated both ME Arabs and Jews for this war mindset. I don't like it, but to deny it one must also deny history and reality.

    You on the the hand, have no intention to ever learn something or even consider experiences different than yours. You always assume that an Israeli is trying to spin something because that is your intrinsic nature... to spin anything written by an Israeli and to always protect "your side".

    Shallow, selfish, petty, and pitiful.

    אשכנזי היהודי Белый Россию

Page 4 of 10 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •