Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456 LastLast
Results 41 to 50 of 52

Thread: Airbus takes top planemaking spot

  1. #41
    Human 2.0
    Maximus Zeebra's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Location
    Western Europe
    Last Seen
    09-07-17 @ 10:19 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    6,568

    Re: Airbus takes top planemaking spot

    Quote Originally Posted by zimmer View Post
    There is a limited market for the A380.
    .

    Imagine when the charter companies in Europe start flying 800 people at the same time from Scandinavian airports to Spanish airports.
    Thats just effective transportation.
    Europe is illegally occupied by the US

  2. #42
    Educating the Ignorant
    zimmer's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 05:18 PM
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    14,452
    Blog Entries
    12

    Re: Airbus takes top planemaking spot

    Quote Originally Posted by Maximus Zeebra View Post
    Imagine when the charter companies in Europe start flying 800 people at the same time from Scandinavian airports to Spanish airports.
    Thats just effective transportation.
    Is that part of John Lennon's song that was cut out?

    Image we can fill all these planes, and head off to the sun...
    ooh, ooh, oohoohooh...
    You might say I'm a dreamer, but I'm not the only one,
    There are guys at Airbus... who think the airlines can get it done.

    What happens when the seats don't get filled? That Scandinavian-Spain stretch is only viable 5 months of the year... what then? I don't see it as a short haul machine either.

    I see taking on this plane as a great big challenge for most airlines.

    I know I'll book another flight or airline if I see a 380, especially on international flights. I may have to hit customs when one of these beasts and its passengers disembark, but I will not volunteer sitting in brutal lines going through customs or getting baggage.

    Customs is already a nightmare.

  3. #43
    Educating the Ignorant
    zimmer's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 05:18 PM
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    14,452
    Blog Entries
    12

    Re: Airbus takes top planemaking spot

    Quote Originally Posted by Maximus Zeebra View Post
    Actually by now the A380 manufacturing and delivering is on route. It has already sold several hundred airplanes btw. Over 50 to the Emirates airline alone.. Amazing for a plane with "no market"..
    I think you missed this... I forgot to link the quote.

    Airbus customers may face more A380 delays - International Herald Tribune
    Airbus customers may face more A380 delays
    Reuters
    Published: May 6, 2008

    The A380, which went into service last year with Singapore Airlines, is heavily bankrolled by the state-owned Emirates, which has ordered 58 A380s.

    "This will do us serious damage," the president of Emirates, Tim Clark, said during an interview.

  4. #44
    Tavern Bartender
    Constitutionalist
    American's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Location
    Virginia
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 06:42 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    76,306

    Re: Airbus takes top planemaking spot

    Quote Originally Posted by Maximus Zeebra View Post
    Boeing is also subsidized, HEAVILY, but better hidden, though the military research programs and so on.
    Airbus just did it less well by taking direct state subsidies, while Boeing took more subsidies, but indirectly.

    You know there is a whole "war" going on about both companies taking subsidies..?
    Military research programs expect the company to do some work. It's not free money my friend. So don't try to compare govt subsidies to research work.
    "He who does not think himself worth saving from poverty and ignorance by his own efforts, will hardly be thought worth the efforts of anybody else." -- Frederick Douglass, Self-Made Men (1872)
    "Fly-over" country voted, and The Donald is now POTUS.

  5. #45
    Tavern Bartender
    Constitutionalist
    American's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Location
    Virginia
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 06:42 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    76,306

    Re: Airbus takes top planemaking spot

    Quote Originally Posted by Maximus Zeebra View Post
    BBC NEWS | Business | Airbus takes top planemaking spot

    Yep, one more thing Europeans are better at than Americans, aviation!






    (I am expecting some pretty heavy reactions on that comment)
    You think we should have left you in ghetto condition after WWII?
    "He who does not think himself worth saving from poverty and ignorance by his own efforts, will hardly be thought worth the efforts of anybody else." -- Frederick Douglass, Self-Made Men (1872)
    "Fly-over" country voted, and The Donald is now POTUS.

  6. #46
    Educating the Ignorant
    zimmer's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 05:18 PM
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    14,452
    Blog Entries
    12

    Re: Airbus takes top planemaking spot

    Quote Originally Posted by Maximus Zeebra View Post
    Actually by now the A380 manufacturing and delivering is on route. It has already sold several hundred airplanes btw. Over 50 to the Emirates airline alone.. Amazing for a plane with "no market"..
    A rough I'd done a couple years ago.


  7. #47
    Androgyne
    Dr_Patrick's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    Montana
    Last Seen
    12-16-15 @ 11:50 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    9,349
    Blog Entries
    7

    Re: Airbus takes top planemaking spot

    Quote Originally Posted by Maximus Zeebra View Post
    BBC NEWS | Business | Airbus takes top planemaking spot

    Yep, one more thing Europeans are better at than Americans, aviation!






    (I am expecting some pretty heavy reactions on that comment)
    So you openly admit you are baiting. Well, at least you are honest about it.

    Don't worry, we don't need a baiting post to know that you have a certain amount of disdain for the US.

  8. #48
    Human 2.0
    Maximus Zeebra's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Location
    Western Europe
    Last Seen
    09-07-17 @ 10:19 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    6,568

    Re: Airbus takes top planemaking spot

    Quote Originally Posted by zimmer View Post
    Is that part of John Lennon's song that was cut out?

    Image we can fill all these planes, and head off to the sun...
    ooh, ooh, oohoohooh...
    You might say I'm a dreamer, but I'm not the only one,
    There are guys at Airbus... who think the airlines can get it done.

    What happens when the seats don't get filled? That Scandinavian-Spain stretch is only viable 5 months of the year... what then? I don't see it as a short haul machine either.

    I see taking on this plane as a great big challenge for most airlines.

    I know I'll book another flight or airline if I see a 380, especially on international flights. I may have to hit customs when one of these beasts and its passengers disembark, but I will not volunteer sitting in brutal lines going through customs or getting baggage.

    Customs is already a nightmare.
    In Gran Canaria where I live, a tiny region of Spain, 2 million people arrive between October and January.. Every year over 1 million of a total of 5 million Norwegians travel to Spain, and the numbers are about the same in Sweden, but being a bigger nation, almost 1.5 million go to Spain every year. Year around.

    Filling a380s going from norther Europe to souther Europe with 800 paseengers year around would be no problem at all. And I imagine that that could be the only intra continental travel where the A380 is useful. Because there are SOOOOOOO many people going from the UK/Germany/Benelux and Scandinavia down to the south, and its quite far, 5ish hours.
    Europe is illegally occupied by the US

  9. #49
    Human 2.0
    Maximus Zeebra's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Location
    Western Europe
    Last Seen
    09-07-17 @ 10:19 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    6,568

    Re: Airbus takes top planemaking spot

    Quote Originally Posted by American View Post
    Military research programs expect the company to do some work. It's not free money my friend. So don't try to compare govt subsidies to research work.
    Actually, the subsidies to Aribus is in forms of loans that they have to pay back in 17 years with interests...
    Europe is illegally occupied by the US

  10. #50
    Human 2.0
    Maximus Zeebra's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Location
    Western Europe
    Last Seen
    09-07-17 @ 10:19 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    6,568

    Re: Airbus takes top planemaking spot

    Quote Originally Posted by zimmer View Post
    I think you missed this... I forgot to link the quote.

    Airbus customers may face more A380 delays - International Herald Tribune
    Yeah, and that article is 8 months old...

    Airbus meets A380 target in 2008
    BBC NEWS | Business | Airbus meets A380 target in 2008
    Europe is illegally occupied by the US

Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •