Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast
Results 31 to 40 of 52

Thread: Airbus takes top planemaking spot

  1. #31
    Human 2.0
    Maximus Zeebra's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Location
    Western Europe
    Last Seen
    09-07-17 @ 10:19 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    6,568

    Re: Airbus takes top planemaking spot

    Quote Originally Posted by PeteEU View Post
    In fact the EU does not support and wants to end the subsidies given by the countries mentioned above.

    Both airlines are heavily subsidised. Boeing gets almost exclusively all orders from the US Airforce, and when they dont, the US congress will do anything make sure they do.

    Airbus gets subsidies from certain European countries.

    And Airbus has taken the top spot for many years if I remember right.
    Yep they have..

    Amazing all the commotion just the other month when Airbus received a large contract from the US military. Boeing was crying in their offices and asked uncle sam to do something, so now the airforce is being pressured to cancel with Airbus and take a Boeing contract instead.


    I believe it was for transportation planes or something. Huge 10+ billion contract.
    Europe is illegally occupied by the US

  2. #32
    Sage
    PeteEU's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Location
    Denmark
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 02:54 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Centrist
    Posts
    29,090

    Re: Airbus takes top planemaking spot

    Quote Originally Posted by Maximus Zeebra View Post
    Yep they have..

    Amazing all the commotion just the other month when Airbus received a large contract from the US military. Boeing was crying in their offices and asked uncle sam to do something, so now the airforce is being pressured to cancel with Airbus and take a Boeing contract instead.


    I believe it was for transportation planes or something. Huge 10+ billion contract.
    Was for tanker planes.

    And they still trying to stop the British owned company from providing the next helicopter for the US President..........
    PeteEU

  3. #33
    Human 2.0
    Maximus Zeebra's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Location
    Western Europe
    Last Seen
    09-07-17 @ 10:19 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    6,568

    Re: Airbus takes top planemaking spot

    Quote Originally Posted by PeteEU View Post
    Was for tanker planes.

    And they still trying to stop the British owned company from providing the next helicopter for the US President..........
    But hey, dont tell any Americans on this forum that they are socialists who actually subsidize their own businesses.
    Dont even tell them the reasons why Microsoft is still the biggest software company, because they think it is because of free competition, they would be shocked to learn the truth. Dont either criticize their elections and the neo-politics(which lacks politics).
    Because Americans are right, because they are democratic and free(which no one else is ), and fight terrorism. Thats what they do, and everyone who do not share their view is wrong.

    Europe is illegally occupied by the US

  4. #34
    Educating the Ignorant
    zimmer's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 05:04 AM
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    14,484
    Blog Entries
    12

    Re: Airbus takes top planemaking spot

    Quote Originally Posted by Maximus Zeebra View Post


    That there is almost just beautiful... What a fantastic plane



    I do however like the wing shape of the 787.. But the plane is tiny..



    The huge one is the a380 while the "little one" on the left is the Boeing 787..

    Look how tiny the other ones look..
    The 380 is right out of the Commi handbook.
    Make it really big... the biggest.
    Make it so big that runways have to be rebuilt to allow it to land.
    Make it huge so people can wait even longer to board and disembark.

    The 380 is so huge the market for the plane is limited.

    Was this a stroke of brilliance?
    No.
    Any fool can make something bigger.

    The A380... how far behind are they with orders.

    May 6, 2008.
    Airbus customers may face more A380 delays

    ...already two years behind schedule.
    Last edited by zimmer; 01-19-09 at 06:00 AM.

  5. #35
    Sage
    PeteEU's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Location
    Denmark
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 02:54 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Centrist
    Posts
    29,090

    Re: Airbus takes top planemaking spot

    Quote Originally Posted by Maximus Zeebra View Post
    But hey, dont tell any Americans on this forum that they are socialists who actually subsidize their own businesses.
    Goes both ways. The US subsidizes many of the their industries, the EU does the same, as well as most countries. The difference is that the EU (and Europeans in general) admit that they subsidize, where as American's do not in general.

    Dont even tell them the reasons why Microsoft is still the biggest software company, because they think it is because of free competition, they would be shocked to learn the truth.
    I disagree. Microsoft provided the correct software at the correct time to IBM, and that got them started. Since then, Microsoft have provided superior software compared to its competitors. Has it used "uncompetitive" methods? Sure, but all companies do that in the same position as Microsoft. Face it, there has not been any viable alternative to most Microsoft products and those that there were (word perfect) did not innovate fast enough, so in the end failed. Same goes for Netscape and so on. Same goes with operating systems... no viable alternatives to Windows since forever. OS/2 was better, but the marketing and the way that IBM did the system made it doomed from the start. Linux has only lately become "easy and user friendly" but the boat has sailed long ago. Apple Mac, too closed and restricted to every become a success.. they botched their chance decades ago.

    Because Americans are right, because they are democratic and free(which no one else is ), and fight terrorism. Thats what they do, and everyone who do not share their view is wrong.

    Yep, but not all only some of the right wingers But then again they live in a parallel universe often.
    PeteEU

  6. #36
    Sage
    PeteEU's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Location
    Denmark
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 02:54 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Centrist
    Posts
    29,090

    Re: Airbus takes top planemaking spot

    Quote Originally Posted by zimmer View Post
    The 380 is right out of the Commi handbook.
    Make it really big... the biggest.
    Make it so big that runways have to be rebuilt to allow it to land.
    Make it huge so people can wait even longer to board and disembark.

    The 380 is so huge the market for the plane is limited.

    Was this a stroke of brilliance?
    No.

    The A380... how far behind are they with orders.
    So, in a crowded air, you would rather have 3 planes flying 500 people, than 1 plane flying 500 people?.. I so see the logic there.. very economical....

    As for behind on orders.. yes they are, there has been set backs. But the plane is rolling of the assembly line and being delivered.

    But saying that, the new Boeing is how far behind now? It has not even delivered it's first plane and was announced not long after the 380... Last I looked the new 787 is at least 9 months behind, and there is even doubt that production will start this year.....
    Last edited by PeteEU; 01-19-09 at 06:01 AM.
    PeteEU

  7. #37
    Educating the Ignorant
    zimmer's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 05:04 AM
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    14,484
    Blog Entries
    12

    Re: Airbus takes top planemaking spot

    Quote Originally Posted by PeteEU View Post
    So, in a crowded air, you would rather have 3 planes flying 500 people, than 1 plane flying 500 people?.. I so see the logic there.. very economical....

    As for behind on orders.. yes they are, there has been set backs. But the plane is rolling of the assembly line and being delivered.

    But saying that, the new Boeing is how far behind now? It has not even delivered it's first plane and was announced not long after the 380...
    There is a limited market for the A380.
    Being a frequent flier, not all planes are full, and you're assuming they will be.
    Not.

    So for you it's economical to have a plane flying at a fraction of capacity and sitting on the ground a lot between flights?
    That's... ahhh... let's say.... not very profitable... but very European.

  8. #38
    Student 7thKeeper's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Last Seen
    07-23-11 @ 01:08 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Centrist
    Posts
    158

    Re: Airbus takes top planemaking spot

    My father being a retired pilot for Finnair, he has an interest in following these matters. I haven't talked to him about the A380 much, but recently we talked about the Dreamliner vs. A350 XWB and in his opinion, the A350 will turn out to be the better plane, but only thanks to the fact that it was redesigned. Before it, he felt that the A350 was just a slightly modified A330 with hardly nothing really to go for it compared to the Dreamliner.
    ...we honor leaders for what they achieve, but we often prefer to close our eyes to the way they achieve it...

    In the real world, politics is compromise and democracy is politics. Anyone who would be a statesman has to be a successful politician first. Also, a leader has to deal with people and nations as they are, not as they should be. As a result, the qualities required for leadership are not necessary those that we would want our children to emulate - unless we wanted them to be leaders.

  9. #39
    Educating the Ignorant
    zimmer's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 05:04 AM
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    14,484
    Blog Entries
    12

    Re: Airbus takes top planemaking spot

    Quote Originally Posted by 7thKeeper View Post
    My father being a retired pilot for Finnair, he has an interest in following these matters. I haven't talked to him about the A380 much, but recently we talked about the Dreamliner vs. A350 XWB and in his opinion, the A350 will turn out to be the better plane, but only thanks to the fact that it was redesigned. Before it, he felt that the A350 was just a slightly modified A330 with hardly nothing really to go for it compared to the Dreamliner.
    Hyvää Päivää
    What did he say about the A380?
    Vantaa's turned into quite the hub.

  10. #40
    Human 2.0
    Maximus Zeebra's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Location
    Western Europe
    Last Seen
    09-07-17 @ 10:19 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    6,568

    Re: Airbus takes top planemaking spot

    Quote Originally Posted by PeteEU View Post
    So, in a crowded air, you would rather have 3 planes flying 500 people, than 1 plane flying 500 people?.. I so see the logic there.. very economical....

    As for behind on orders.. yes they are, there has been set backs. But the plane is rolling of the assembly line and being delivered.

    But saying that, the new Boeing is how far behind now? It has not even delivered it's first plane and was announced not long after the 380... Last I looked the new 787 is at least 9 months behind, and there is even doubt that production will start this year.....
    Actually by now the A380 manufacturing and delivering is on route. It has already sold several hundred airplanes btw. Over 50 to the Emirates airline alone.. Amazing for a plane with "no market"..
    Europe is illegally occupied by the US

Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •