Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
Results 21 to 30 of 33

Thread: Exit Bush, Shoes Flying

  1. #21
    Educator
    moe's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    Cebu Rep of the Philippines
    Last Seen
    06-29-10 @ 02:11 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Moderate
    Posts
    1,176

    Re: Exit Bush, Shoes Flying

    Quote Originally Posted by Middleground View Post
    Amazing how urban legends can spread, eh?
    I remember hearing about it. How did the story start?

    Moe

  2. #22
    Tavern Bartender
    Pussy Grabbin' Beaver
    Middleground's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    Canada's Capital
    Last Seen
    Today @ 07:02 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    22,453
    Blog Entries
    1

    Re: Exit Bush, Shoes Flying

    Quote Originally Posted by moe View Post
    I remember hearing about it. How did the story start?

    Moe
    Here's a good story about the now urban legend.

    Salon.com Politics | The White House vandal scandal that wasn't
    No men are anywhere, and Im allowed to go in, because Im the owner of the pageant and therefore Im inspecting it, Trump said... Is everyone OK? You know, theyre standing there with no clothes. Is everybody OK? And you see these incredible looking women, and so I sort of get away with things like that.

  3. #23
    User
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Location
    Titulia
    Last Seen
    02-14-09 @ 03:45 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    14

    Re: Exit Bush, Shoes Flying

    Shoes flying mean something entirely different to me:

    Do you remember the movie "Wag the Dog"?
    I am a proud citizen of
    The Republic of Titulia

  4. #24
    Sage

    Join Date
    May 2007
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 11:59 PM
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    7,935

    Re: Exit Bush, Shoes Flying

    The world is so intense now for anyone to want to lead any country is out of my circle of ambition. Having raised a family and a career that has been enough for this one man much less a job that entails the possibility of wiping out all life as we know it. It goes beyond reason and intellect.
    It's nothing more than X's and O's.

  5. #25
    King Of The Dog Pound
    Black Dog's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    South Florida
    Last Seen
    @
    Gender
    Lean
    Centrist
    Posts
    34,516

    Re: Exit Bush, Shoes Flying

    Safe travels Mr. President. Only time will tell if you are remembered as one of the best or worst.

    Good judicial picks, disastrous war. You threw your conservative base to the wolfs and let more liberal minded people think you stole an election... or 2.

    In the end you followed what you thought was right. I can respect that even if I disagree.

  6. #26
    Professor
    Marilyn Monroe's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Location
    Tennessee
    Last Seen
    03-06-14 @ 03:20 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    2,137

    Re: Exit Bush, Shoes Flying

    Quote Originally Posted by danarhea View Post
    Actually, for the record, Bush IS a Jr. because his father, with the same first name, is a Sr.
    I always thought that you have to have the exact same name including the middle names to be a junior. He, therefore, is not, if that is the case, and I think it is.
    "It's not that I'm afraid to die, I just don't want to be there when it happens." Woody Allen.

  7. #27
    Sage
    Dezaad's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2005
    Last Seen
    06-28-15 @ 10:43 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Liberal
    Posts
    5,058
    Blog Entries
    1

    Re: Exit Bush, Shoes Flying

    Quote Originally Posted by ludahai View Post
    No, because they DO NOT have the same MIDDLE name. The ENTIRE name must be the same.

    The elder is George Herbert Walker Bush.
    The younger is George Walker Bush.

    The younger does not have Herbert as a part of his name, this NO Jr.
    This is not a rule. And it doesn't even make sense because the obvious purpose of the Jr. suffix is to help distinguish in social situations between a father and son of the same first name.

  8. #28
    Professor
    Marilyn Monroe's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Location
    Tennessee
    Last Seen
    03-06-14 @ 03:20 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    2,137

    Re: Exit Bush, Shoes Flying

    Quote Originally Posted by moe View Post
    I really liked his farewell speech. And although not a member of his fan club I am glad that I did not have to make the choices he had to make because of the issues that were forced on him.

    But off he goes into the sunset and now we can all rag on what an idiot Obama is. FRESH MEAT!

    Moe
    Did anybody think he looked a little buzzed up? I did. I come from a long line of alcoholics, so I'm usually pretty tuned into buzzed up. He looked like he may have taken some mild narcotics before he started speaking. He stumbled over his words quite a few times, which I know he's not a great speaker, but he still seemed a tad too mellow.

    I'd say he and Laura will be doing a lot of smoking, she with the cigs and he with the marijuana, when he gets back to the ranch. May not even wait that long. More power to him, he's got a lot that's going to haunt him, sadly. Sadly for many of us as well.
    "It's not that I'm afraid to die, I just don't want to be there when it happens." Woody Allen.

  9. #29
    Advisor
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    Nashville/Little Mexico Tennessee
    Last Seen
    06-02-09 @ 12:20 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    523

    Re: Exit Bush, Shoes Flying

    Quote Originally Posted by danarhea View Post
    As of 5PM in Washington, the Bush administration is officially over.

    This is not a thread for Bush bashers or Bush supporters, but for both groups. Time for a toast, either good or bad, to Bush.

    Article is here.
    Danarhea,I like your thinking...It is time for a toast.Lets burn the money whore at the stake.OOOOPS...carbon foot print! Maybe I`ll just settle for a Dos Equis (XX).

  10. #30
    Educator
    moe's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    Cebu Rep of the Philippines
    Last Seen
    06-29-10 @ 02:11 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Moderate
    Posts
    1,176

    Re: Exit Bush, Shoes Flying

    Quote Originally Posted by Middleground View Post
    Here's a good story about the now urban legend.

    Salon.com Politics | The White House vandal scandal that wasn't
    That.....is disturbing. These people are supposed to be running the country and one of the first things they do is engage in a totally pointless childish slander campaign against an outgoing administration

    Moe

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •