Page 25 of 26 FirstFirst ... 1523242526 LastLast
Results 241 to 250 of 253

Thread: Student auctions off virginity for offers of more than 2.5 million

  1. #241
    Guru
    Alex's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2005
    Location
    Milwaukee, WI
    Last Seen
    02-13-17 @ 04:57 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    2,962

    Re: Student auctions off virginity for offers of more than 2.5 million

    Quote Originally Posted by Korimyr the Rat View Post
    Unnecessary according to whom? You? I certainly think it's necessary.
    Not at all necessary because no one is being harmed when consenting people are involved.

    Quote Originally Posted by Korimyr the Rat View Post
    Actually, quite a few people are trying to change my morals in this thread. Including you.

    And yes, I am attempting to change other people's morals. But I object to your claim that I am "abusing" the legal system to do so; I am using it for its intended and proper purpose.
    I am not trying to change your morals. How many times have I stated that your morals and belief are fine just as anyone else?

    That sounds like a legal system in some other country, like China. Here in the United States we were founded on freedom of the people, restrictions on oppression.

    Quote Originally Posted by Korimyr the Rat View Post
    People cannot live freely when they live under laws which are incompatible with their moral beliefs. Nobody is oppressed by a law he agrees with.
    I disagree with prostitution being illegal, if I decide to become a prostitute and I am arrested for it, am I oppressed? Yes. No one is oppressed by a law they agree with, absolutely, but the people who disagree with that law, which has no objective basis, are oppressed. A prostitute cannot live freely because the laws are incompatible with their chosen lifestyle. Why is your right freedom so much more valuable then a prostitute?

    Morality is far to diverse to create laws that hold down an entire population.

    Quote Originally Posted by Korimyr the Rat View Post
    Because it is, regardless of whether or not she, you, or anyone else cares to recognize it. Her virginity, her sexuality, is personal and intimate because of human biology, and trying to treat it as something else is harmful. Being so detached from your sexuality that it is not personal and intimate is not "enlightened", it is a sign of serious psychological damage.
    Statements like this demonstrate the ego of the person writing it. No two people think alike. You believe that this girl's behavior is damaging, but I do not and she obviously does not either. Each person defines their own sexuality. If a person thinks someone who is sexually uptight should be forced to be sexually active, should that be a law in your view? If a majority of people believe this, would you be good with a law that enforces it?

    Quote Originally Posted by Korimyr the Rat View Post
    If I knew her, I might find that she has several thoughts that I respect. I certainly respect 1069 and RivrRat and yourself, despite the fact that you all share at least one opinion I find utterly repugnant. And note that it is only the practice which I would seek to outlaw, and not the repugnant opinion behind it.
    First, thank you. I am enjoying and learning a lot from this debate with you. I always felt that a person learns the most from someone they most disagree with. That is definitely true here.

    The problem I have with the second part is that the prostitute is not forcing you to do or not to do anything. You do not have to be a part of prostitution. Enforcing a law against prostitution is forcing a person to not live their life. They have no choice but to stop their actions. If you are never going to use a prostitute, why worry about someone who does?

    Prostitute: not imposing anything, everyone is free to do as they please
    Anti-prostitute: imposing laws to stop, a portion of the population must adhere.

    The need for order in a society is fine, but there is nothing about prostitution that is exclusively in disorder. If you want prostitution to be outlawed because you believe it causes things like infidelity and disease, then a whole shrew of things must be made illegal. What about bars and alcohol? What about beds where the disease and sex probably occurs? What about toilets where a person can contract crabs? Should all of these things be outlawed? You want prostitution to be outlawed because it could lead to damage, where does that end?

  2. #242
    Baby Eating Monster
    Korimyr the Rat's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Location
    Laramie, WY
    Last Seen
    11-23-17 @ 02:02 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Left
    Posts
    18,709
    Blog Entries
    1

    Re: Student auctions off virginity for offers of more than 2.5 million

    Quote Originally Posted by Alex View Post
    Not at all necessary because no one is being harmed when consenting people are involved.
    Again, according to you. These laws are necessary because not only are the consenting adults harming themselves-- which I will happily overlook-- but they are helping to harm other people by harming their relationships and their ability to form honest relationships with others. They are harming the social fabric that holds us together.

    Quote Originally Posted by Alex View Post
    I am not trying to change your morals. How many times have I stated that your morals and belief are fine just as anyone else?
    Just fine, as long as I do not act upon them by seeking the passage and enforcement of laws that I believe are necessary.

    That is similar to my belief that your morals are just fine as long as you do not prostitute yourself and do not indulge in the services of prostitutes.

    Quote Originally Posted by Alex View Post
    No one is oppressed by a law they agree with, absolutely, but the people who disagree with that law, which has no objective basis, are oppressed.
    As I said, nobody is oppressed by a law they can agree with.

    And there is no objective basis for any law. Even the need for social order, which I am certain that we can agree upon-- if not the form of it-- is not objective, as objectively it does not matter whether society exists or not. It does not matter whether or species survives or not.

    These things are important only because we believe them, and they are no more objective than any of our other moral beliefs. We might say that our definition of murder, and our sanctions against it, are more important than our laws and sanctions against prostitution... but they are not more objective, nor are they fundamentally any different.

    Quote Originally Posted by Alex View Post
    Morality is far to diverse to create laws that hold down an entire population.
    On the contrary, that is the exact reason why the law is necessary. If morality were uniform, we would have no need for law whatsoever. It is because of the diversity of human moral beliefs that laws governing morality are necessary.

    Quote Originally Posted by Alex View Post
    Statements like this demonstrate the ego of the person writing it.
    I have never made my ego a secret. But I'll note that you have only argued against the point, and not against the reasons leading up to it.

    There are reasons for my position that I have stated clearly, and that have not been addressed in any substantive fashion.

    Quote Originally Posted by Alex View Post
    If a person thinks someone who is sexually uptight should be forced to be sexually active, should that be a law in your view?
    No, because forcing a person to become sexually active is rape, and I disapprove of rape. I will come out automatically against any law which attempts to mandate, encourage, or even condone rape.

    If someone else believes it is necessary, they should by all means attempt to have this written into law. I am sure that it would prove enlightening for us to be on the same side of an argument for awhile.

    Quote Originally Posted by Alex View Post
    If a majority of people believe this, would you be good with a law that enforces it?
    No, because I do not give a damn about what the majority of people believe. I care about what I believe, and how I can convince other people to share my beliefs-- so that they will desire the same laws that I do, and we can work together to build the kind of society that we agree we want to live in.

    If the majority disagrees with me, they are wrong and need to be changed-- just as I believe that in this case you, the minority, are wrong and need to be changed. I just recognize that there are practical limitations on my power to bring this about, and thus frame my arguments for the benefit of those who are not yet decided on the issue.

    Quote Originally Posted by Alex View Post
    The problem I have with the second part is that the prostitute is not forcing you to do or not to do anything.
    The prostitute would force me to tolerate her activities. She would have me not use the laws to discourage her profession. She would demand that the government-- which is my government as much as it is hers-- treat her profession in the same fashion as other professions that I consider honorable.

    Quote Originally Posted by Alex View Post
    If you are never going to use a prostitute, why worry about someone who does?
    Because that person might marry my daughter.

  3. #243
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Last Seen
    08-29-17 @ 09:28 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Left
    Posts
    16,575

    Re: Student auctions off virginity for offers of more than 2.5 million

    Quote Originally Posted by Korimyr the Rat View Post
    Again, according to you. These laws are necessary because not only are the consenting adults harming themselves-- which I will happily overlook-- but they are helping to harm other people by harming their relationships and their ability to form honest relationships with others. They are harming the social fabric that holds us together.
    Right because a woman losing her virginity for nothing is so much better than losing it for money.

    Sorry, but that doesn't fly.

    Yes, we all would like to see a woman lose her virignity to the man she is going to marry and live the rest of her life with, but reality plays a part in that and proves that very improbable.

    I know many many women that would have rather lost their virginity like this girl than for nothing like they did.

  4. #244
    Student
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Last Seen
    07-18-11 @ 01:57 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    289

    Re: Student auctions off virginity for offers of more than 2.5 million

    Quote Originally Posted by TheNextEra View Post
    Right because a woman losing her virginity for nothing is so much better than losing it for money.

    Sorry, but that doesn't fly.

    Yes, we all would like to see a woman lose her virignity to the man she is going to marry and live the rest of her life with, but reality plays a part in that and proves that very improbable.

    I know many many women that would have rather lost their virginity like this girl than for nothing like they did.
    I don't think you should lose your virginity to the man you're going to marry. I definitely think it would be nice to lose it to someone who means a lot to you, but certainly not the person you're going to marry. Reason being it's nice to know what's on the other side before you get married. Because then you may be left wondering if the grass truly is greener. JMO.
    Quote Originally Posted by Shewter View Post
    You just pulled a bonnie.

    Please. PLEASE think before you post!

  5. #245
    Goddess of Bacon

    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    Charlottesville, VA
    Last Seen
    05-28-12 @ 09:35 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    13,988

    Re: Student auctions off virginity for offers of more than 2.5 million

    Quote Originally Posted by Dynamic View Post
    I never said you couldn't think. Might I laugh at you for how you view life? Would it make me a bigger person?
    You can laugh all you want, why would I care? As for it making you a "bigger person", I imagine laughing would burn calories rather than make you heavier, so probably not.


    And I never said I liked that idea either did I? So what's your point?
    My point was that you were saying the wrong people were taking it literally. Which is exactly what I stated in my post that you quoted. I'm not sure how you didn't manage to read it.

    I'm not going to say your opinion is wrong. But I do not agree with you.
    It's good that your agreement isn't necessary for facts to still be facts. What I posted wasn't an 'opinion', but rather a statement of FACT in the way prostitution sales are made.


    That's nice you see it that way. But I do not. And you have failed to convince me. But that's okay. I don't need convincing.
    Interesting though that you have no rebuttal.

  6. #246
    Stigmatized! End R Word! Kali's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Last Seen
    08-19-12 @ 12:29 AM
    Lean
    Very Liberal
    Posts
    13,334
    Blog Entries
    7

    Re: Student auctions off virginity for offers of more than 2.5 million

    Quote Originally Posted by Korimyr the Rat View Post
    I wouldn't. It's dirty.
    Good sex is dirty Really though it is not dirty unless you are doing like scat or something

  7. #247
    Stigmatized! End R Word! Kali's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Last Seen
    08-19-12 @ 12:29 AM
    Lean
    Very Liberal
    Posts
    13,334
    Blog Entries
    7

    Re: Student auctions off virginity for offers of more than 2.5 million

    Quote Originally Posted by Dynamic View Post
    The whore part I understand--because of what the definition is. But "slut" cannot apply to a virgin.

    But I do wonder, if she has to work for the bunny ranch for this to be legal, then I'm sure she'd have to **** more than just one person unless she's smart enough to quit as soon as the deed is done. If she wasn't, then she'd be a slut.
    She would just have to draw up a contract as an independent consultant or Ind. Contactor? And then in the paperwork state she is there for only one client and for so many hours or just one night. I am sure that all those at the Bunny Ranch probably have some form of contracts?

  8. #248
    Stigmatized! End R Word! Kali's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Last Seen
    08-19-12 @ 12:29 AM
    Lean
    Very Liberal
    Posts
    13,334
    Blog Entries
    7

    Re: Student auctions off virginity for offers of more than 2.5 million

    Quote Originally Posted by Maximus Zeebra View Post
    Whats wrong with that? Its not wrong to have sex.... Certainly not wrong to like experienced women rather than virgins.
    There is nothing wrong with having sex and that would include anal sex. Just seems like you love to judge others based on their sexual choices when you have no right to judge at all because you are not perfect

  9. #249
    Banned
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Last Seen
    10-26-10 @ 06:34 PM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    24,978

    Re: Student auctions off virginity for offers of more than 2.5 million

    The whore part I understand--because of what the definition is. But "slut" cannot apply to a virgin.

    But I do wonder, if she has to work for the bunny ranch for this to be legal, then I'm sure she'd have to **** more than just one person unless she's smart enough to quit as soon as the deed is done. If she wasn't, then she'd be a slut.


    What a bizarre notion.
    "has to work for the bunny ranch"?
    Why would she "work for the bunny ranch"?
    She's about to earn 3m$ for one ****.
    I'm sure there are not too many multi-millionaires around working as prostitutes.
    She could probably afford to buy the bunny ranch, if she wanted to.


    She's only doing this at the bunny ranch because prostitution's legal there and she can advertise openly. They're getting a lot of publicity out of the deal; it's a win/win.

  10. #250
    Baby Eating Monster
    Korimyr the Rat's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Location
    Laramie, WY
    Last Seen
    11-23-17 @ 02:02 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Left
    Posts
    18,709
    Blog Entries
    1

    Re: Student auctions off virginity for offers of more than 2.5 million

    Quote Originally Posted by TheNextEra View Post
    Right because a woman losing her virginity for nothing is so much better than losing it for money.
    For nothing? Perhaps. But losing her virginity because she wants to experience sexual pleasure? Because she wants a more intimate relationship? Because she wants to do something nice for someone she cares about? Hell, even if she just thinks it's something she ought to do to mark a turning point in her life.

    These are not "nothing." And they are certainly better than losing her virginity to a stranger for money. They are better than reducing herself to a mere sex toy.

    Quote Originally Posted by TheNextEra View Post
    Yes, we all would like to see a woman lose her virignity to the man she is going to marry and live the rest of her life with, but reality plays a part in that and proves that very improbable.
    I don't. Frankly, I find that notion both antiquated and misguided, and would not recommend it to anyone. I think both men and women should have several sexual partners before they marry, and that people should have healthy sex lives whether or not they are married.

    On the other hand, I don't think "reality" needs to be accommodated via prostitution. I think that is a particularly cold and ugly reality, the sort of thing that I would rather not wish upon anyone.

Page 25 of 26 FirstFirst ... 1523242526 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •