Page 24 of 26 FirstFirst ... 142223242526 LastLast
Results 231 to 240 of 253

Thread: Student auctions off virginity for offers of more than 2.5 million

  1. #231
    Almost respectable

    Cardinal's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Last Seen
    @
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    34,999

    Re: Student auctions off virginity for offers of more than 2.5 million

    Quote Originally Posted by Kandahar View Post
    I'd do her, but she definitely isn't worth $3.7 million.
    To you, maybe. To some zillionaires out there, $3.7 million is pocket change. And the fact that someone is willing to pay that much is proof unto itself that the market value of her unpenetrated vajayjay is in fact $3.5 million.

    As for the rest of this thread, I can see that there is still a sizable chunk of the population that Hester Prynne would find completely familiar.

  2. #232
    Student
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Last Seen
    07-18-11 @ 01:57 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    289

    Re: Student auctions off virginity for offers of more than 2.5 million

    Quote Originally Posted by rivrrat View Post
    A spiritual thing? Sex? LOL I think if it's "spiritual", they're doing it wrong.
    I never said you couldn't think. Might I laugh at you for how you view life? Would it make me a bigger person?

    The people SAYING it are taking it literal, since figuratively we ALL "sell our bodies" every single day.
    And I never said I liked that idea either did I? So what's your point?
    No, they are expected to perform a service agreed upon by both parties beforehand.
    I'm not going to say your opinion is wrong. But I do not agree with you.

    They're selling a service, just like everyone else in the fricken world. In the case of prostitutes, it's a sexual service. Being a computer admin can have "grey areas". It's not a product that's black and white. Neither is selling janitorial services. Or computer services. Or housekeeping services, or waitressing services. And, btw, aren't waitresses expected to be submissive while people tell them what they want, demand that they are brought what they want, and then get bitchy if it's not "just right"? Isn't the customer "always right"? Aren't they expected to do whatever they're told to?



    No service is black and white. The terms of service are always agreed upon by the people involved. People agree upon the terms of their employment upon agreeing to take a job. All jobs are different, even in the same field. Prostitution is no different from any other job in any respect.
    That's nice you see it that way. But I do not. And you have failed to convince me. But that's okay. I don't need convincing.


    I wish I didn't have to, but I don't own enough property yet to live off my land without any products from others.[/QUOTE]

    I'm not touching this one. Perhaps in another thread if it ever comes about.
    Quote Originally Posted by Shewter View Post
    You just pulled a bonnie.

    Please. PLEASE think before you post!

  3. #233
    Almost respectable

    Cardinal's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Last Seen
    @
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    34,999

    Re: Student auctions off virginity for offers of more than 2.5 million

    Quote Originally Posted by Zyphlin View Post
    Seems she's definitely a virgin, but she's also there by technicality alone. Says she had only 2 serious boyfriends. She's said she's given...lets say oral reports...rather often to guys she's with. And as was said on the radio to try to make it FCC friendly, while the territory she's selling is supposedly uncharted land the one on the other side's had a flag stuck in it and been claimed.
    I see that being a problem. The whole allure of the virgin is that you could be the one to go where no man has gone before (like, anywhere). So the fact that someone else's pee pee has been somewhere inside Natalie lowers the value of her virginity considerably.

    Men who desire virgins want real virgins, and don't have the patience or money for lawyers to argue over what constitutes a technical virgin. In their minds they know what a "virgin" is quite perfectly, thankyouverymuch.

  4. #234
    Student
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Last Seen
    07-18-11 @ 01:57 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    289

    Re: Student auctions off virginity for offers of more than 2.5 million

    Quote Originally Posted by 1069 View Post
    1. This is a groundless assumption. unless you've slept with her yourself, you have no idea whether or not she's a virgin.

    2. We've pretty much established that "selling one's body' is a logical impossibility, unless one is selling it to a med school as a research cadaver, and even then they can't collect it until you're already dead.

    3. I would be, too. 3 million is an outlandish sum, possibly the highest ever paid for a single sex act.

    4. We've only seen two still photos, which appear to be of two entirely different people- one mildly unattractive, one mildly attractive.
    They can't both represent her actual appearance, since they don't look alike at all. We really have no idea what she looks like.

    Can't sell a body? What about slaves? They were not really "sold"?
    Quote Originally Posted by Shewter View Post
    You just pulled a bonnie.

    Please. PLEASE think before you post!

  5. #235
    Sage
    DeeJayH's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Location
    Scooping Zeus' Poop
    Last Seen
    06-21-15 @ 03:52 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    11,728

    Re: Student auctions off virginity for offers of more than 2.5 million

    prostitution is a short term lease

    Human Taxidermist - - now offering his services for all your loved ones
    Quote Originally Posted by jallman View Post
    How the hell did you just tie in a retroactive reparative measure with a proactive preventative measure. Not even close to being the same thing.

  6. #236
    Global Moderator
    Moderator

    Zyphlin's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    NoMoAuchie
    Last Seen
    @
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    47,966

    Re: Student auctions off virginity for offers of more than 2.5 million

    Quote Originally Posted by Cardinal View Post
    I see that being a problem. The whole allure of the virgin is that you could be the one to go where no man has gone before (like, anywhere). So the fact that someone else's pee pee has been somewhere inside Natalie lowers the value of her virginity considerably.

    Men who desire virgins want real virgins, and don't have the patience or money for lawyers to argue over what constitutes a technical virgin. In their minds they know what a "virgin" is quite perfectly, thankyouverymuch.
    Generally I may agree, however the millions spent to purchase it suggest otherwise

  7. #237
    Baby Eating Monster
    Korimyr the Rat's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Location
    Laramie, WY
    Last Seen
    11-23-17 @ 02:02 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Left
    Posts
    18,709
    Blog Entries
    1

    Re: Student auctions off virginity for offers of more than 2.5 million

    Quote Originally Posted by Alex View Post
    Except that your "imposing" is causing unnecessary laws on an entire population of people...
    Unnecessary according to whom? You? I certainly think it's necessary.

    Quote Originally Posted by Alex View Post
    No one is trying to change your morals, you are trying to change other people's morals and abusing our legal system in the process.
    Actually, quite a few people are trying to change my morals in this thread. Including you.

    And yes, I am attempting to change other people's morals. But I object to your claim that I am "abusing" the legal system to do so; I am using it for its intended and proper purpose.

    Quote Originally Posted by Alex View Post
    Our legal system is abused by people like this. That is the real decay of society, when people cannot live freely because others want their ego to be the deciding factor.
    People cannot live freely when they live under laws which are incompatible with their moral beliefs. Nobody is oppressed by a law he agrees with.

    Quote Originally Posted by Alex View Post
    How do you know that her virginity is something "personal and intimate about herself"?
    Because it is, regardless of whether or not she, you, or anyone else cares to recognize it. Her virginity, her sexuality, is personal and intimate because of human biology, and trying to treat it as something else is harmful. Being so detached from your sexuality that it is not personal and intimate is not "enlightened", it is a sign of serious psychological damage.

    Quote Originally Posted by Alex View Post
    You are making an assumption based on your own philosophies, without any respect for her own thoughts.
    If I knew her, I might find that she has several thoughts that I respect. I certainly respect 1069 and RivrRat and yourself, despite the fact that you all share at least one opinion I find utterly repugnant. And note that it is only the practice which I would seek to outlaw, and not the repugnant opinion behind it.

  8. #238
    Banned
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Last Seen
    10-26-10 @ 06:34 PM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    24,978

    Re: Student auctions off virginity for offers of more than 2.5 million

    If I knew her, I might find that she has several thoughts that I respect. I certainly respect 1069 and RivrRat and yourself, despite the fact that you all share at least one opinion I find utterly repugnant. And note that it is only the practice which I would seek to outlaw, and not the repugnant opinion behind it.
    Well, I for one appreciate your acknowledgement of respect for people with differing opinions.
    I also respect you for your keen if misguided (at least to my mind) intelligence, although you frequently make me astoundingly angry.
    I want all the really smart people on my side, the side of logic and reason.
    It baffles and infuriates me when they refuse to be.

  9. #239
    Baby Eating Monster
    Korimyr the Rat's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Location
    Laramie, WY
    Last Seen
    11-23-17 @ 02:02 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Left
    Posts
    18,709
    Blog Entries
    1

    Re: Student auctions off virginity for offers of more than 2.5 million

    Quote Originally Posted by 1069 View Post
    I want all the really smart people on my side, the side of logic and reason.
    It baffles and infuriates me when they refuse to be.
    I have learned to expect it. After all, most of the people disagree with me most of the time.

  10. #240
    Almost respectable

    Cardinal's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Last Seen
    @
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    34,999

    Re: Student auctions off virginity for offers of more than 2.5 million

    Quote Originally Posted by Zyphlin View Post
    Generally I may agree, however the millions spent to purchase it suggest otherwise
    Did they know about the extras at the time?

Page 24 of 26 FirstFirst ... 142223242526 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •